I am starting to doubt my Leo Rising

theV

Since I ever did my birth chart, I recognize myself as a Leo rising according to the birth time in my birth certificate. However, in the last couple of years, I started to notice that through my interaction with people, I am more identified with as a Cancer rising than a Leo rising. I feel as though that I am connected to both. I am bright, fiery and theatrical as in Leo rising, but I love staying at home like Cancer rising in addition to being intuitive and emotional. But the first one (my bright nature) can be explained through Moon conjunct Jupiter in the fifth and the second can be explained by Node conjunct the IC.

Is there a book or a video that can explain how I can do rectification? ON THE BASIS OF THE PICTURE BELOW WHAT DO YOU THINK MY RISING IS?

Attachments

• AZIZ.jpg
    AZIZ.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 43
  • astro_w2gw_aziz.36958.154866.png
    astro_w2gw_aziz.36958.154866.png
    41 KB · Views: 48

Zora

Account Closed
Do you remember if you relocated home with 6 years ? Relocation point is zero degree cancer and can be an indicator to check birthtime.

theV

Do you remember if you relocated home with 6 years ? Relocation point is zero degree cancer and can be an indicator to check birthtime.

We changed location at three periods of my life.

When I was: 6 years old 2001
When I was: 13 2008
When I was: 212016

Zora

Account Closed
Your rising is not mainly your physical appearance but your instinctive personal manner and nature you are born with- to begin new things, how to push your wishes through and go for your goals. First action done is your own birth.

Sun as ruler of your rising is in 2nd house with venus/sun correspondence and additionally in conjunct with venus a female principle – such as cancer/moon is also.

Your physically appearance and radiance is shown in your 3rd house. Where mercury as ruler of 3rd house is in libra. What doubles a female touched appearance. With mercury sextile moon in sagittarius you have the bright light appearance and positive looking radiance.

With chiron in your 3rd house in trine with uranus and neptune you are very flexible to change your appearance and outlooking quickly and can look and act different within a minute or get suddenly also like “invisible” for other people.

Moon rules your 12th house and has moon/neptune correspondence and a spiritual intuition brought along into 5th house comjuncting your jupiter. 5th house is your self-identification and your self-expressing- your creativity and your father as first male model role- and 5th is also natural zodiac sun house.

Moon in 5th house as a female principle is a short-circuit constellation and you as a male might feel yourself sometimes irritated by that.

theV

Your rising is not mainly your physical appearance but your instinctive personal manner and nature you are born with- to begin new things, how to push your wishes through and go for your goals. First action done is your own birth.

Sun as ruler of your rising is in 2nd house with venus/sun correspondence and additionally in conjunct with venus a female principle – such as cancer/moon is also.

Your physically appearance and radiance is shown in your 3rd house. Where mercury as ruler of 3rd house is in libra. What doubles a female touched appearance. With mercury sextile moon in sagittarius you have the bright light appearance and positive looking radiance.

With chiron in your 3rd house in trine with uranus and neptune you are very flexible to change your appearance and outlooking quickly and can look and act different within a minute or get suddenly also like “invisible” for other people.

Moon rules your 12th house and has moon/neptune correspondence and a spiritual intuition brought along into 5th house comjuncting your jupiter. 5th house is your self-identification and your self-expressing- your creativity and your father as first male model role- and 5th is also natural zodiac sun house.

Moon in 5th house as a female principle is a short-circuit constellation and you as a male might feel yourself sometimes irritated by that.

I agree with your interpretation. What stresses me the most about this confusion is that I need accurate ascendant in order to study my harmonic charts. I can't have accurate interepretation of the divisional charts without an accurate ascendant.

Zora

Account Closed
We changed location at three periods of my life.

When I was: 6 years old 2001

then leo rising should be correct in my opinion. Where did you got your birthtime from ? Was it documentated anywhere or it is only memory from your mother.?

Zora

Account Closed
I agree with your interpretation. What stresses me the most about this confusion is that I need accurate ascendant in order to study my harmonic charts. I can't have accurate interepretation of the divisional charts without an accurate ascendant.

So -just decide and take it as accurate and have a look into your harmonic charts and feel yourself into them....and see what happens...

Zora

Account Closed
Transiting uranus is right now inconjuncting your moon - that is why you feel it important now. And why you kinda feel yourself restless and stressed now.

Zora

Account Closed
Since I ever did my birth chart, I recognize myself as a Leo rising according to the birth time in my birth certificate. However, in the last couple of years, I started to notice that through my interaction with people, I am more identified with as a Cancer rising than a Leo rising.

Your leo rising is with sun as ruler of AC in 2nd house more acting to self-protect you and to set boundaries. To feel safe and secure and worthy is main purpose and goal for your sun.

theV

Hi Zora sorry for taking time to reply.

I took the time from my birth certificate. It is just my gut is telling me something else. But I trust your interpretation and you provided rational for your argument. I will go with Leo rising and ke on observing the eventd in my life to confirm

Catherinett

Look into Vedic, in that system you're Cancer rising. I am an early leo sun in tropical, cancer sun in vedic, I feel like a cancer. Your rising nakshatra is the same as my sun, Pushya, congrats, it's a very good one :)

Last edited:

theV

Look into Vedic, in that system you're Cancer rising. I am an early leo sun in tropical, cancer sun in vedic, I feel like a cancer. Your rising nakshatra is the same as my sun, Pushya, congrats, it's a very good one :)

I love my Vedic chart. All the Nakshatras occupying my big three are in positive nakshatra: Purva Phalguni, Anuradha and Pushya. That's cool we share the same alignment.

I am currently delving deeper into the Dasamsas and the Navamsa and they require accurate birth time.

Catherinett

I love my Vedic chart. All the Nakshatras occupying my big three are in positive nakshatra: Purva Phalguni, Anuradha and Pushya. That's cool we share the same alignment.

I am currently delving deeper into the Dasamsas and the Navamsa and they require accurate birth time.

I was able to get my birthtime down to the second on astro-seek.com using progressions, you might try that. Took some time. I'm older than you though, I have a lot more major events that I can verify.

Vedic has been super accuate for me, the navamsa too, described my husband to a t. And the dashas have all been accurate.

TreasureForever

Leo risings have scorpio (pluto) 4th house with whole sign houses. I'm a Leo rising. Home is where I spend a lot of time to go inward. I recover at home, gain insights into myself, find power. It is probable you feel this way too.

JUPITERASC

Since I ever did my birth chart, I recognize myself as a Leo rising according to the birth time in my birth certificate. However, in the last couple of years, I started to notice that through my interaction with people, I am more identified with as a Cancer rising than a Leo rising. I feel as though that I am connected to both. I am bright, fiery and theatrical as in Leo rising, but I love staying at home like Cancer rising in addition to being intuitive and emotional. But the first one (my bright nature) can be explained through Moon conjunct Jupiter in the fifth and the second can be explained by Node conjunct the IC.

Is there a book or a video that can explain how I can do rectification?

ON THE BASIS OF THE PICTURE BELOW WHAT DO YOU THINK MY RISING IS?
Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles :smile:
detailed thread discussion with examples
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

There are multiple methods of rectification

for example
ANIMODAR RECTIFICATION :smile:
1. Examine the preceding syzygy, whether it was a new moon or a full moon.

2. If the preceding syzygy was a new moon, observe its degree at the time of the nativity.

3. If the preceding syzygy was a full moon by night, we observe the degree of the syzygy. By day, we observe the degree opposite the syzygy, which is the degree of the luminary above the horizon (in that case the Sun).

4. Observe the degree at the approximate time of the nativity, and give a point to any of the following planets with rulership over the degree at the time of birth (see http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3A*.html#note9)

OJUpA8e.png

5. Give a point to any planet in the same sign as the degree or in sign with some aspect (sextile, square, trine or opposition) to it.

6. If one star is familiar with the degree in all or most of these ways, whatever degree of its sign it is passing at the time of birth, the same numerical degree is rising (Asc) or culminating (Mc) at the time of birth.

7. If two or more stars are predominators, observe the one that is closer to the approximate time. If it so happens that we do not have the nearest hour of birth, we can establish it through combination of accidental qualities.
The foregoing rectification is for time with approximate hour.

Catherinett

Leo risings have scorpio (pluto) 4th house with whole sign houses. I'm a Leo rising. Home is where I spend a lot of time to go inward. I recover at home, gain insights into myself, find power. It is probable you feel this way too.

I'm a leo sun, not rising but a cancer moon so yeah, do like being home :)

Arena

Look at your angular planets.
What does it mean to have Mars angular? Aggressive, athletic, pioneering.
Mars right on the IC might mean there was aggression/figths in your childhood home. Was there?

Uranus coming to the DSC might mean that your parents split up or moved the family at that time. You might be able to use that for your rectification.

JUPITERASC

Look at your angular planets.
What does it mean to have Mars angular?

Aggressive, athletic, pioneering.
Mars right on the IC might mean there was aggression/figths in your childhood home. Was there?
would be unrealistic to expect no aggression/fights in childhood home :smile:
MARS = leadership, military service, high-ranking officers, soldiers
and so
possibility childhood home military connection

Mars completes 42 sidereal cycles and 37 synodic cycles with 79 years.
It has retreating arcs of 16 degrees for 72 days.

Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal.
Pyroeis makes those born under him red and white in complexion, tall, robust, gray-eyed, with thick hair, somewhat curly, having excess of hot and dry when morning rising, and red, of middle height, with small eyes, not much hair on the body, straight yellow hair, having excess of dry when evening rising, and in general, natural, grim, resourceful, passionate, drinking, turbulent, relentless, challenging and confident. Mars controls force, wars, robbery, screams, violence, the loss of property, whoring, banishment, exile, alienation from parents, captivity, corruption of women, abortions, sexual intercourse, the loss of good things, lies, vain hopes, violent theft, banditry, plundering, disputes between friends, wrath, fighting, verbal abuse, hatred, lawsuits, shouting, violent murder, slashing and bloodshed, attacks of fever, boils, burns, imprisonment, torture, courage, false oaths, wandering, decoration of clothing, excelling at villainy, those who work with fire and iron, artisans, masons, leadership, military service, high-ranking officers, soldiers, supremacists, hunting, wine, falling from heights and four-footed animals, poor vision, apoplexy and falling on the back, the muscular system, the urinary system, the lower gastrointestinal tract, weapons, iron, reddish colours and acid tastes. It is chronocrator over late adulthood up to the 56th year.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf