study and Pluto transit

hypatia

I have Pluto transiting my 3rd house as of Feb 2015.
I am very seriously considering applying for a Masters degree starting in Feb 2015 (I'm in southern hemisphere, uni starts end Feb/ start Mar each year).

Other than Pluto I am not sure there are other indications good for study in 2015 or 2016... i.e. looking at rulers of my 3rd & 9th Houses.

I'm not sure what else to look for? Can anyone offer advice on what could be good indicators for higher study???

I've attached my chart :biggrin:

Attachments

• hypatia chart.jpg
    hypatia chart.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 30

Rosie7

Hello Hypatica,

The fact that you are thinking about starting your Masters is a good indicator. Astrology, like any study, is an internal process: you must must live it to really understand it and you are already doing that because right now you are feeling compelled to engage in rigorous thought. Pluto wants to delve deep and the 3rd house is mental activity. So trust your internal process and try not to be too focused on external indicators because looking for outside confirmation on whether to act will just make you second guess your intuition. In this way, astrology can hinder self-actualization because if you fear a so-called bad transit, you won't take the leap and have the opportunity to experience other expressions of that particular transit. Everyone uses astrology differently, but I find examining how planetary cycles are shaping your present-day thinking to be an insightful exercise. After all, everything in our material world was once a thought. But if you are not feeling stuck, then feel the permutations of the cycle and get on with your life confident in the knowledge that you will gain wisdom through hindsight. Instead of looking for indicators in the sign posts ahead, think of astrology as best learned through the rear view mirror.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Higher or advanced studies are a matter of 9th h issues, and it's polarity with the 3rd H; this is the axis to focus on; for you the 9th is governed by the influence of Cancer, ruled by the Moon: since the 9th is naturally void of planets therein, the key then are the considerations of your Moon;
Moon in Gemini, found in the 7th H; then factor in the aspects to the Luminary;
square Pluto; and afflicting Mars in the 12th; but sextile Saturn;
in the third you have Mercury in Capricorn, in it's domicile and in good form with Pluto, yet that could be deferred by the Moon sq Pluto; the prospects look good overall, but much depends on your emotional readiness, due to the afflictions of the Moon; if there are domestic problems now, or from the past, these could interfere with your ability to study and focus; the Moon can create many fluctuations on a rather regular basis.
Scorpio Rising is good for study and research; Capricorn Sun gives you the dedication and organizational skills to manifest your goals; Moon in Gemini is flexible and adaptable enough to deal with fast paced schedules and routines, and Mercury in the 3rd trine Pluto shows the ability to work well with colleagues and associates. Might we ask what you are studying for?

hypatia

Hi Namaste
Thank you for your post... and your interpretation.

Because my Moon is so close to the 8th House - I often consider it an 8th House Moon (and so have some professional astrologers), and similarly with my Sun, it is so close to my 3rd that it's often considered a 3rd House Sun. I don't know if you agree - or if you do - if that changes your interpretation.
Also - as my Sun rules my 10th House - I wonder if that means study would go better if related to my work, rather than just for curiosity?

To answer your question.. I'm considering either working towards a Masters in Psychology.
OR a Doctorate in Education.

I already have a Masters in Education and I have an idea for a Doctoral Thesis, and have a possible supervisor who I have initiated some contact.

With Psychology, I've just found out that I would need to do another year of study before I could apply for a Masters - which I am not all that keen on. I am keen to get in and do my own research, and not keen to simply do more course work.

Zarathu

Account Closed
How intent are you in doing this? The 2015 year could be very challenging emotionally, and very challenging mentally.

I cannot tell whether its because you decide to start this program or what. But whatever you decide to do, the challenges are going to happen anyhow.

The question is whether you want to meeting them while you are in a graduate masters or EdD program or without it.

It might be water over the dam. For example, I have fibromyalgia. My muscles and joints hurt all the time. When I start exercising my muscles and joints hurt, but since they hurt all the time anyhow, I hardly notice it.

I see a considerable disruption both emotionally and mentally coming up in 2015. Maybe you might as well do the grad program anyhow since you are already going to be in a challenging situation.

Do you want specific elaboration?

Last edited:

sworm09

Cancer is on your natal 9th house cusp; so things involving the Moon would probably be things that you'd study.

Oceanographer, biologist, psychologist, perhaps something involving the public.

We find the Moon in Gemini ruled by Mercury and in the 8th house of anxiety. Moon is also trine Venus in Aquarius ruler of the 7th house.

Moon in Gemini= anything involving investigating the soul, or intellectual fields involving the masses, science or education are really indicated.

Moon so close to the 8th: Definitely an indicator of a psychologist

Venus in Aquarius trine the Moon in the 8th really shows working with others in a scientific/ordered way, but with Mercury, ruler of the Moon in the 3rd, an inclination toward public (ruled by Saturn) education/psychology.

In 2015 Jupiter in Leo will oppose your natal Venus. That's not very good if you're hoping to actually do anything career wise with your degree. It specifically shows an authority figure, perhaps at a university not being too keen with your work.

Saturn will just be getting good into Sagittarius. Saturn is natally in your 6th house; work you don't get recognized for, while Sagittarius connects it directly to a university/higher learning.

Jupiter comes back around retrograde and sextiles your Moon; perhaps Psychology after all?

hypatia

thanks Swarm09
I am really keen to study Attachment in adopted and foster children - (but I am loathing the idea of doing the additional course work I'd need to do before I can get to what I 'want' to study - but maybe I just have to suck it up and do it).
I've some interests in doing research in education - and have found a supervisor who might be interested. BUT - I've also got this Pluto Conjunct Sun (Sun ruling my 10th) happening now - and there's so much going on at work that is just getting more questionable all the time - and I can see there's a possibility that I'll either be asked to leave, or I'll decide to leave - making the whole idea of doing research based in my teaching environment slightly nul.