whats the Big deal about physical beauty in the astrolgical community

AppLeo

Stop being a troll, you can't be serious right. If that's how you think then wow your very smart. Do you consider yourself beautiful or butt **** ugly?

To be honest, I really don't care how beautiful I am. I look great, in my opinion and that's all that matters. Some people think I'm beautiful, other people think I'm ugly... It's whatever. I try to dress and present myself in a way that makes me happy and is achievable for my essence. I don't compare myself to a model in a magazine and then cry when I can't get it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder like what people have said. I look beautiful in my eyes regardless of what happens.

People that care so much about their looks are playing an endless mind game that they will always lose and lose a HUGE amount of self-esteem in the process. There will always be someone more beautiful than them no matter what. Any person that would logically think about this would accept their appearance, move on, and try to do their best by competing and comparing themselves to themselves and themselves only.

BTW, I could argue that you're a troll for spamming me in my inbox literally 20-30 times and then finding some silly excuse like, "I didn't know if the message was actually sent."

And it's "you're" not "your." (that's being a troll)

rayla2055

Banned
To be honest, I really don't care how beautiful I am. I look great, in my opinion and that's all that matters. Some people think I'm beautiful, other people think I'm ugly... It's whatever. I try to dress and present myself in a way that makes me happy and is achievable for my essence. I don't compare myself to a model in a magazine and then cry when I can't get it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder like what people have said. I look beautiful in my eyes regardless of what happens.

People that care so much about their looks are playing an endless mind game that they will always lose and lose a HUGE amount of self-esteem in the process. There will always be someone more beautiful than them no matter what. Any person that would logically think about this would accept their appearance, move on, and try to do their best by competing and comparing themselves to themselves and themselves only.

BTW, I could argue that you're a troll for spamming me in my inbox literally 20-30 times and then finding some silly excuse like, "I didn't know if the message was actually sent."

And it's "you're" not "your." (that's being a troll)
I didn't mean to get anyone angry I was just sharing my opinion. I really hate arguing it does something to my nervous system. I think I need to take a break from this thread. Sorry for causing your hostility towards me.

anjelik

So many people ask if they look beautiful or if they look good enough for attention. Why do people care so much honestly, it's just ridiculous.
Like just love yourself for who you are "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Some people may think so called gingers aren't beautiful but I'm going to still rock my red hair. Love yourself people, truly

Thank goodness Kick a Ginger Day is not a real thing!

Nah, lets call people out :devil:
Wait for me while I go dig some threads

Please share when you do. I love a bit of drama.

AppLeo

She sends you 20 messages????
AWWW THAT IS SO ADORABLE OMG < 3

Leo x Rayla

otp. <3 <3

I don't understand what's so adorable and "<3" about it.

I didn't mean to get anyone angry I was just sharing my opinion. I really hate arguing it does something to my nervous system. I think I need to take a break from this thread. Sorry for causing your hostility towards me.

Yeah, you should be sorry–calling me dumb... :annoyed:

Andrea_

This should be aimed at something though

Thing is beauty shouldn't be hated. Anything that isn't exactly symmetrical or with the best type of genes inherited shouldn't be hated either because people can well compensate in a ton of other areas when they don't fit in the "example of modern standard of beauty" tag. And so this does not make them undesirable human beings. Something should be done with the "go for the cover, don't look any further" and the throwaway society prototype (created how? let s ask ourselves)

In fact to understand why people prefer a good physical aspect you should look, first, into it biologically. You shouldn't direct so much hate towards something encoded genetically. But you do have a point when it comes to obsessions and unhealthy standards, the kind we tend to lock ourselves into and create really bad scenarios. We have to work with tolerance and someone has to remind us all the time about balance as we tend to over-do it or not do anything at all. Western-wise, the members with a good, well worked, tall physique and slimmer on the girls side, no bad facial/skin/weight problems and so on indicate not only a healthy human being but someone who takes care and respects themselves. This is, by default, a major factor in selecting your partner in many animal species on this earth. Coming from mid. Europe, if you think Americans have a thing for dressing up and kind of sometimes bad physical standards (something I've never noticed) go to France, Italy... lol. What you should have is some kind of "oh my god we have to do something" reaction when no fantasy but numbers tell you that more than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese and the diabetes...

And yet you are free to be different, you don't need to adhere to the "top show magazines and tv channels with stars telling you the latest trends" and you will be even happier. No one will burn you at the stake for that anymore, if you are just a tiny bit smarter. Or unless you're in Turkey or North Korea, right now, heh
#justworldproblems

Have you read about South Korea's 18 birthday plastic surgery? This is one of the most disturbing things I've seen as far as the western beauty standards propaganda is involved. In fact many Asians will use that special adhesive so that they "hide" their double-eyelids. There was a funny picture with an almost naked long haired blonde, kind of "big sized", in front of the mirror doing the duck face, and the comment below were like "Our grand-children in 50 years while surfing Facebook" or "What if our grand-grand kids will look at our photos like we look at those old black and white ones of our parents and will say *omg so beautiful look at them so natural, only some make-up not plastic surgery like us these days*".
Do you also remember those comics and books or cartoons about people not being able to go outside without wearing gas masks due to pollution? SF scenarios haha........ not anymore. Look into the Beijing problem for instance or killer-smogs.

Waybread also got to it from a nice perspective... we also feel the peer-pressure and give in to it, it has to do a lot with education, culture... starts from family and being a rational human being. But I have a feeling most try to "think" today with their smartphones rather than with their brains :happy:

Last edited:

anjelik

This should be aimed at something though

Thing is beauty shouldn't be hated. Anything that isn't exactly symmetrical or with the best type of genes inherited shouldn't be hated either because people can well compensate in a ton of other areas when they don't fit in the "example of modern standard of beauty" tag. And so this does not make them undesirable human beings. Something should be done with the "go for the cover, don't look any further" and the throwaway society prototype (created how? let s ask ourselves)

In fact to understand why people prefer a good physical aspect you should look, first, into it biologically. You shouldn't direct so much hate towards something encoded genetically. But you do have a point when it comes to obsessions and unhealthy standards, the kind we tend to lock ourselves into and create really bad scenarios. We have to work with tolerance and someone has to remind us all the time about balance as we tend to over-do it or not do anything at all. Western-wise, the members with a good, well worked, tall physique and slimmer on the girls side, no bad facial/skin/weight problems and so on indicate not only a healthy human being but someone who takes care and respects themselves. This is, by default, a major factor in selecting your partner in many animal species on this earth. Coming from mid. Europe, if you think Americans have a thing for dressing up and kind of sometimes bad physical standards (something I've never noticed) go to France, Italy... lol. What you should have is some kind of "oh my god we have to do something" reaction when no fantasy but numbers tell you that more than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese and the diabetes...

And yet you are free to be different, you don't need to adhere to the "top show magazines and tv channels with stars telling you the latest trends" and you will be even happier. No one will burn you at the stake for that anymore, if you are just a tiny bit smarter. Or unless you're in Turkey or North Korea, right now, heh
#justworldproblems

Have you read about South Korea's 18 birthday plastic surgery? This is one of the most disturbing things I've seen as far as the western beauty standards propaganda is involved. In fact many Asians will use that special adhesive so that they "hide" their double-eyelids. There was a funny picture with an almost naked long haired blonde, kind of "big sized", in front of the mirror doing the duck face, and the comment below were like "Our grand-children in 50 years while surfing Facebook" or "What if our grand-grand kids will look at our photos like we look at those old black and white ones of our parents and will say *omg so beautiful look at them so natural, only some make-up not plastic surgery like us these days*".
Do you also remember those comics and books or cartoons about people not being able to go outside without wearing gas masks due to pollution? SF scenarios haha........ not anymore. Look into the Beijing problem for instance or killer-smogs.

Waybread also got to it from a nice perspective... we also feel the peer-pressure and give in to it, it has to do a lot with education, culture... starts from family and being a rational human being. But I have a feeling most try to "think" today with their smartphones rather than with their brains :happy:

The concept of beauty is never going to go away - especially now. I feel bad for teenagers and young women now who are going to school and feel like they have to have a full face of makeup and perfect hair, blah blah blah. The youth of the world now is selfie obsessed to the point where they don't even take photos anymore without slapping a filter on the photo before uploading it to whatever social media platform of their choosing. Hell, Samsung phones even come with the filter option built in - my friend chose some skinny face option one day to take a photo and it gave us this elongated alien face. One of my friends has a sister from his father's second marriage and she is 18 - whenever she takes a photo with anyone she uses Snapchat so she has a filter on and then saves it and uploads it to Facebook.

Eyelid surgery has been a thing in Asia for a long time. I remember about a decade ago Su-chin Park did an interview regarding eyelid surgery being the number one plastic surgery in Asia. I read something recently where teenage girls are electing for vaginal surgery because they don't like the way theirs looks. This is something that was typically reserved for women who have had children and their lady bits were mangled in the process, but now we have women who just don't like the way their labia hangs or they have a droopy lip so they want surgery. But this is the society we live in! The society of people injecting their faces with botox, fillers, whatever. I remember being told by someone a month before I was married that I should get some fillers in my face because I looked sunken in in my cheeks. Why the hell would I want to look like a puffer fish version of myself on my wedding day? But people do it.

I do agree that beauty in the US tends to be slightly different than in Europe. But I also think it's generational. I have noticed that women in the UK tend to wear more makeup than women in the NY metro area. I can't speak for the west coast but based on what I see on tv, there seems to be a lot of pressure for beauty and the "perfect body." There is a lot of pressure like that in NYC, but I think it's all relative. In Europe, I've noticed women are a bit more natural in terms of putting on makeup and doing their hair. I once was told by a French woman that I looked American because I had highlighted hair and long eyelashes. She said it much ruder, but I got the point; to her I didn't meet her standard of beauty.

Basically, standard of beauty is determined by your immediate culture and surroundings. Men and women compare themselves to who they are around, so your expectations of attractiveness will shift depending on where you live and who you associate with. Have you ever noticed that groups of friends tend to be around the same size in terms of weight? Or how friends tend to dress similarly, etc.

I could probably go on, but you get the point!

Last edited:

Julijana

So many people ask if they look beautiful or if they look good enough for attention. Why do people care so much honestly, it's just ridiculous.
Like just love yourself for who you are "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Some people may think so called gingers aren't beautiful but I'm going to still rock my red hair. Love yourself people, truly
What a question. What's the big del about beauty in the world? Most people care about it.

rayla2055

Banned
What a question. What's the big del about beauty in the world? Most people care about it.
Like I never heard that answer from anybody before. Beauty has just been perverted in today's age. I made this thread to see different people's opinions on beauty as well as give my own views.

rayla2055

Banned
I don't understand what's so adorable and "<3" about it.

Yeah, you should be sorry–calling me dumb... :annoyed:
Yeah I didn't call you dumb I call you stupid because the comment you said surprise me. I never encounter someone who had those kind of views before. You had me dying when you corrected my spelling though all I could think was virgo moon. My sister has that same placement too, she always use to call me sloppy, trifinly(her favorite word) or stupid. I think it's because I have a pisces moon though so I really could guess that's why she was extremely critical of me.

AppLeo

Yeah I didn't call you dumb I call you stupid because the comment you said surprise me. I never encounter someone who had those kind of views before. You had me dying when you corrected my spelling though all I could think was virgo moon. My sister has that same placement too, she always use to call me sloppy, trifinly(her favorite word) or stupid. I think it's because I have a pisces moon though so I really could guess that's why she was extremely critical of me.

I am a Virgo Moon. Dumb is a synonym of stupid, anyway.

Julijana

Like I never heard that answer from anybody before. Beauty has just been perverted in today's age. I made this thread to see different people's opinions on beauty as well as give my own views.
Ok. I agree about that part of perverted beauty.
In my oppinion you can look as M. Monroe and suck as a person. and then you're ugly. No make up will help to cover ugly soul. But I have to admit that looks still plays a parrt at choosing a partner. But not the mayor role. When you meet someone the first impression is by a look, second when that person opens he's mouth and depending on what is coming from it, you decide (ugly/pretty). Looks is also important at finding job especially a carrier when you are seen by people. We live in this world and can't simply ignore it's rules and stop shaving, washing, looking after hygiene and going to dentist.
I realsed this later, after i had my whole face covered in piercing and body with tattoo's. And so on

Last edited: