School is really stressing me out! How will this semester turn out?

tikana

bio major will not get u anywhere unless u r going to med school
ask yourself this who would you want to be ? out of your fields, try contacting that person if he/she is alive and ask him/her what can you do with what you have?

Doodleloo

But I am going to med school.

I'm going to become a doctor and a researcher. Don't know what to research though, or what to specialize in as a doctor.

Doodleloo

Studying bio in the context of space is kind of a niche field. I don't really like the sea (studying it).

I can become a doctor, I know it.

tikana

and you think horary can figure that out? nope it cant it has its limits.
most schools have ppts posted on the web for each class. look at all of them and ask yourself does it ignite interest or not?
go meet the head of the dept.

u are trying to figure out which path to take.. my niche has no official degree.. i am royally f*cked.. its only avail at masters level

Last edited:

Doodleloo

Oh I wasn't trying to use horary to find out what I'm interested in...this original chart was to just figure out if I would do well this semester...

waybread

I'm sorry you both have had such a rotten time in university. Yes, it's stressful, but if these aren't also some of the best years of your life, it's time to clarify what is going wrong.

I'm also sorry you didn't find helpful counselors. But one or two unhelpful experiences do not write off the entire staff.

Doodleloo, what type of medicine interests you most? What types of patients would you like to treat? Or would you prefer a research or public health type of career? I'm sure you're aware that medical school and many types of medicine are high-stress, as well. So it seems more sensible to learn to deal with stress at this stage of your program.

Your natal chart should offer some career guidance clues.

Last edited:

waybread

I have had very bad experiences with advisors and the such. They are underwhelming and incompetent, always underestimating me as well. I am better off searching on my own.

I don't know what I love right now, which is what I'm trying to figure out before it's too late. Anyone who thinks that, because I'm "young", there's enough time knows nothing, especially about students in pure science fields. Knowing in advance is a clear-cut advantage that I didn't get. You miss out on a lot of credibility and the ability to apply for programs that can help out your application in advance.

If advisors under-estimate you, think about how you present yourself. Your OP does not suggest the competence and success in your studies you obviously feel-- no doubt for good reason.

Again, what does your natal chart tell you? Does it show a focus in a particular area of life? Does it show you to be a "jack of all trades"? Have you got an intercepted sun or an afflicted MC? These can make it tough but not impossible to find your best-fit career.

Doodleloo

If advisors under-estimate you, think about how you present yourself. Your OP does not suggest the competence and success in your studies you obviously feel-- no doubt for good reason.

Again, what does your natal chart tell you? Does it show a focus in a particular area of life? Does it show you to be a "jack of all trades"? Have you got an intercepted sun or an afflicted MC? These can make it tough but not impossible to find your best-fit career.

I don't know how to read my natal chart for career.

And I'd like to point out that I go to a very large school. It takes a long time for the advisors to really know you. So, what do they do before they get to that point? They have a baseline of expectations for everyone, but since that's average, it's not really suited to each person.

Last edited:

waybread

Do you want to post your natal chart here or in a new thread? I'll be happy to take a look at it for career ideas. If you start a new thread and I don't catch it please link it on this thread or via PM. It would be good if you posted your natal chart with the part of fortune plus transits, as you might be experiencing a rough patch just now that should clear up once the transit moves off.

Sometimes, for example, a medical student is unsure of her specialty, but the chart suggests a focus in a particular branch. Sometimes a birth chart suggests hidden strengths.

I worked for major universities for over 30 years, including several stints in a student advising capacity. While I can't say that my experience should be relevant to your experience, I can say that too often, some students do not avail themselves of the supportive resources that are available on their campus. Instead, they try to soldier on in isolation, regardless of how well that actually works for them.

We also see in so many posts where unhappy people ask for advice yet refuse to take any of it-- and even seem offended when someone tries to be helpful.

Doodleloo

Did I do this correctly? I appreciate you taking the time out :)

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_p_2016216.17485.2690.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_p_2016216.17485.2690.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

waybread

Yes, and before someone else shoots me for asking for a natal chart on a horary thread, I hope s/he recognizes that good astrologers often look at both together to arrive at the best answer.

Doodleloo, your natal chart pretty much describes the situation indicated in your OP and subsequent posts. You have a very strong 9th house, which is the house of higher education. It includes a domiciled moon, the ruler of your ascendant, and energetic Mars. Your 9th house is ruled by a domiciled (exalted) Mercury. With your sun in Leo, you also have a lot of pride, which is probably partly an explanation for your finding my posts to be inapt and even patronizing.

With this chart, you strike me as a very strong student, and someone who takes pride in her achievement.

The kicker is that Saturn in your 6th house of health is squaring your 9th house planets. As you emphasize your studies, Saturn applies a lot of internal stress to your physical body. I am wondering how it manifests. Headaches would be one interpretation of Saturn in Aries.

Mars is the traditional ruler of surgeons-- and today, by extension, of doctors. The ruler of your 10th house of career, the moon, conjuncts Mars, so medicine is a reasonable choice for you.

I do modern western astrology, so I am not sure why you deleted Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, as these would have provided a lot more information. In my experience, they can all be major stressors or assets depending upon how they are placed.

Right now by transit, the ongoing generational Pluto-Uranus square is hitting your MC (ruler of your 10th house cusp of career), MC-Mars midpoint, and ascendant. So you are undergoing a time in your life when the universe is asking you to rethink how you present yourself to the world (ascendant) and what truly are your career goals (such that your major makes sense as a pathway toward it.)

Uranus deals with sudden unexpected change, and Pluto gives deep, profound changes that metaphorically kill off anything dead or dying in your life so that new growth can later take place. Resistance is futile. The best use of this time is to take stock of any self-defeating behaviours and let go of them. With Uranus trining your sun, you are getting some help in this process of rethinking and even reinventing yourself.

I think this all keys into your horary chart, which suggests that you are leaving something academic behind you.

In terms of career, with the ruler of your 10th house in the 9th, you might fare best with a 9th house emphasis if you continue with your present emphasis: overseas travel (such as Doctors Without Borders,) foreign infectious diseases, or an academic teaching/research professorial career. That moon-Venus makes you a very caring individual, but sometimes watery moons have difficulty with patient care because they become so emotionally involved that it is hard for them to handle someone else's pain on an ongoing basis.

Your north node of personal growth is in the 12th house-- which rules misfortunate people-- and hospitals. You would probably also do well in a field like hospital administration.

Doodleloo

Yes, and before someone else shoots me for asking for a natal chart on a horary thread, I hope s/he recognizes that good astrologers often look at both together to arrive at the best answer.

Doodleloo, your natal chart pretty much describes the situation indicated in your OP and subsequent posts. You have a very strong 9th house, which is the house of higher education. It includes a domiciled moon, the ruler of your ascendant, and energetic Mars. Your 9th house is ruled by a domiciled (exalted) Mercury. With your sun in Leo, you also have a lot of pride, which is probably partly an explanation for your finding my posts to be inapt and even patronizing.

With this chart, you strike me as a very strong student, and someone who takes pride in her achievement.

The kicker is that Saturn in your 6th house of health is squaring your 9th house planets. As you emphasize your studies, Saturn applies a lot of internal stress to your physical body. I am wondering how it manifests. Headaches would be one interpretation of Saturn in Aries.

Mars is the traditional ruler of surgeons-- and today, by extension, of doctors. The ruler of your 10th house of career, the moon, conjuncts Mars, so medicine is a reasonable choice for you.

I do modern western astrology, so I am not sure why you deleted Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, as these would have provided a lot more information. In my experience, they can all be major stressors or assets depending upon how they are placed.

Right now by transit, the ongoing generational Pluto-Uranus square is hitting your MC (ruler of your 10th house cusp of career), MC-Mars midpoint, and ascendant. So you are undergoing a time in your life when the universe is asking you to rethink how you present yourself to the world (ascendant) and what truly are your career goals (such that your major makes sense as a pathway toward it.)

Uranus deals with sudden unexpected change, and Pluto gives deep, profound changes that metaphorically kill off anything dead or dying in your life so that new growth can later take place. Resistance is futile. The best use of this time is to take stock of any self-defeating behaviours and let go of them. With Uranus trining your sun, you are getting some help in this process of rethinking and even reinventing yourself.

I think this all keys into your horary chart, which suggests that you are leaving something academic behind you.

In terms of career, with the ruler of your 10th house in the 9th, you might fare best with a 9th house emphasis if you continue with your present emphasis: overseas travel (such as Doctors Without Borders,) foreign infectious diseases, or an academic teaching/research professorial career. That moon-Venus makes you a very caring individual, but sometimes watery moons have difficulty with patient care because they become so emotionally involved that it is hard for them to handle someone else's pain on an ongoing basis.

Your north node of personal growth is in the 12th house-- which rules misfortunate people-- and hospitals. You would probably also do well in a field like hospital administration.

Thank you for all the details! At least astro is backing up what I had already been thinking of. Does it suggest a particular branch of medicine, though? I have also been exploring the social sciences, that is, psychology and sociology.

I almost never get headaches, so I don't think that's how it's manifesting.
Oh, I frequent the Vedic thread and use astro.com to make those charts because vedic sites are very nebulous in placements. Since those planets are not used there I kept the deleted version as part of my default. Should I turn it back on for you?
Also, yeah, I have been really interested in being a TA for a year, but haven't gotten an opportunity yet since I am an undergrad (well, I did get one chance to be a TA although really it was just a grader position, but I had too heavy a courseload to accept)