Unaspected Sun - Self-Aware?

BluEyedGrl105

I was wondering if an unaspected Sun would keep someone from being self-aware? Obviously if you're not self-aware you're not going to know lol, so this is directed more towards those living with unaspected Suns or unaspected Suns who have tapped into their solar energy.

I got to thinking about this when I realized I didn't really feel my recent outer planet transits until they reached my natal Sun. Of course when T. Uranus was opposing my natal Mercury and Venus I felt very restless, and then when T. Pluto was squaring them I read everything in sight and overanalyzed all my relationships. But there wasn't any real action or awareness of what was bubbling up until these transits hit my Sun. Otherwise it would have just been some moody phase. I wouldn't have grown as a person.

Another transit example is two sisters I read about. They shared a lot of natal conjunctions and therefore were going through identical outer planet transits at the same time, but the younger sister's sun was being transited and the eldest's was not. Long story short, since the younger sister had some awareness of the shifts and issues surfacing in the family she was scapegoated. She was set up as the "bad sister" to make the elder sister and father feel she was all that stood in the way of them being a perfect family, but in reality she was the only one with any perspective.

And the point of this long tangent is...

Is this how an unaspected Sun operates all the time, unless trigged by transit or progression?

Last edited:

dr. farr

First check to see if there are any Parallels of declination involving the Sun (these = strong conjunction-like influences)

If there are no aspects, conjunctions or Parallels to the Sun, it does not necessarily mean there MUST be a lack of self-awareness; the condition of the Sun (dignities, etc) has an influences here; also any star conjunctions (or Parallels) with the Sun can have a major modifying influence; and there are certain other (more unusual) considerations (such as the Pauline dodekatemorion ramification or "projection" of the Sun in the natal chart) which can have an influence regarding the Sun's indications in the natal chart.

BluEyedGrl105

Thanks for answering Dr. Farr :)

You reminded me I have to look up what parallels of declination means. I never heard that term until I started seeing it on astrology boards a few months ago. Regardless, I agree the dignity of the Sun and the type of minor aspects (if any) will probably have a modifying influence. But do you agree the chance of a lack of self-awareness is higher with an unaspected Sun?

The problem is I don't know any unaspected planet people in my personal life, so I'm going off of celebrities who might struggle with self-awareness anyway because of the bubble they live in. Taylor Swift and Mel Gibson come to mind.

dr. farr

Declination refers to the place (relative to the equator of the Earth) the planet (or degree) is located either North or South (N is used for North, S is used for South)
A planet is in "Parallel of Declination" with another planet if it is within 1.5 to 2 degrees of that planet in declination ON THE SAME SIDE (ie, the declination number of the planets BOTH have the same Letter-either an N or an S-next to that number)
For example"
Sun @ N22degree25
Jupiter @ N21degrees50
Both these planets are on the same side of the equator (N, ie North) AND are within 1.5 to 2 degrees of each other (in this example they are within 35 minutes of each other) THEREFORE, these 2 planet are in PARALLEL (of declination)
If planets are in the same degree of declination but on opposite sides of the equator (one has an N by the number, the other has an S by the number) they are NOT in Parallel of declination.
If planets are on the same side (both N or both S) but there numbers of declination are MORE than 2 degrees apart, they are NOT in Parallel of declination.

What do Parallels mean? They are equivalent to STRONG CONJUNCTIONS, and in delineation they should be read as if a conjunction existed between the planets in Parallel; in the above example of Parallel between Sun and Jupiter, the interpretation of this Parallel would be that of a CONJUNCTION between the Sun and Jupiter.

Declination tables for any chart are found (@ astro.com free horoscopes) by clicking the "additional tables" choice on the chart that comes up on the screen.

theV

go to astro.com and choose Keller midpoint and you will find the parallel declination aspect listed