View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:36 AM

Re: William Lilly's indications of a violent death.Do they work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_spirit View Post
That's all very well said and explained,and thank you.However..

...I'm not sure about this.Yes,I agree that transits can't predict death,but when primary directions show death,a heavy transit at that time could help in making the death more extraordinary,if you can use this word for a death.If you include Uranus,Neptune,Pluto,you'll see that transiting Pluto is in an applying square to his Sun.Using wider orbs,Saturn is separating from a conjunction to his Sun.While all these don't point to death necessarily,they act as backgroung influences at the time of death.

Don't get me wrong,I just think that the slow moving planets have a wider orb of influence.The charts I've seen where mostly of young people who were murdered,had an accident or illness,and in the majority of cases Saturn,Uranus,Neptune or Pluto were in an afflicting transit to one or more of their inner planets/points,Asc,Sun,Moon,Venus,Mars,Mercury,with an orb no more than 7 degrees.

Again,I'm not saying these transits predicted their death.I'm just stating some observations.
Well, the problem with that is here is what Robert Hand has to say: (from his book Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living):

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Robert Hand -- Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living[/I]]Transiting Pluto sextile Natal Uranus
You will be able to live more richly and fully…The new insights you gain will also bring you the ability to use talents and ingenuity that you may not have known you had…This is a favorable time to embark upon any new study…This is also a favorable period for doing any kind of psychological work.

….trine Natal Saturn
A related effect is tht persons in authority in business or government may give you considerable power to reorganize a structure at some level. You may also become concerned with social reform in various ways.

…trine Natal Venus
This transit emphasizes the creative and romantic aspects of your life. Venus’ ability to bring love and artistic creativity are given great power by the trine from Pluto.

…trine Natal Jupiter
You will be increasingly interested in subjects that encompass a larger view of the world, such as law, religion, philosophy and metaphysics…This is an extremely favorable time for any dealings with law or with persons in authority. Your generosity is great….

…conjunct Natal Neptune
This transit signifies a period of very deep inward transformation that will be reflected in changed ideals, goals and many other aspects of your world view.

Transiting Neptune sextile Natal Neptune
This is a time of new awakening…

….trine Natal Uranus
Your intuition will be enormously heightened at this time…you may become involved in a religious or spiritual movement that works for social reform….

….sextile Natal Saturn
At this time the ideal and the real are well balanced in your life…

….sextile Natal Venus
This transit stimulates your creative imagination and is likely to put you into a very pleasant and dreamy frame of mind, in which you will be capable of great creativity…

Transiting Uranus trine Natal Uranus
At this time you are likely to make significant changes in your life in order to achieve more perfect self-expression.

..sextile Natal Saturn
During this transit you have the opportunity to make creative changes through a system.

…opposition Jupiter
If you have been putting up with a tense and strained situation but not getting any benefit from it, you will break free of the tension now and probably experience an enormous sense of relief.

…sextile Venus
This transit will considerably enliven your social life and relationships.
Imagine if you would be Kurt Cobain's father or mother and you just paid $400 to have the grand-poobah guru himself of Modern Astrology tell you about the upcoming Transits in April for your son.

Everything is beautiful, peachy, wonderful, doves flying birds singing, rainbows, unicorns and ponies, gag me with a spoon.

And then a few days later your son killed himself.

You would probably be saying really nasty mean things about Mr. Hand and astrology.

The only thing Modern Astrology provides that's remotely applicable is:

Quote:
Uranus opposition Jupiter If you have been putting up with a tense and strained situation but not getting any benefit from it, you will break free of the tension now and probably experience an enormous sense of relief.

I guess he did "break free of the tension" when he painted the walls of his garage with his brains, but I'd have to question whether he experienced "an enormous sense of relief."

That's why I quit Modern Astrology and switched to Traditional. I would like a straight answer from the charts, without a lot of useless fluff talking in circles.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kurt Cobain All Transits.jpg (46.3 KB, 478 views)
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
The Following User Says Thank You to BobZemco For This Useful Post: