Esoteric Soul Progression

SpyderDNA

I have been thinking a lot about how the journey of the soul moves forward and the traditional viewpoint of the importance of the natal positions at birth. I understand the importance of the vibational energy upon the first Pranic breath, however I feel this is merely a starting point.
We move through the Astral at the speed of light and therefore the secondary progression may be more important than natal. I am now 45 years old, my sun started in Scorpio and is now n Capricorn. I am not the same person I was when I was a child nor when I was 20 years old.

If the souls purpose is to evolve into a higher being, then surely it will not be stuck at the natal point for this enire incarnation. I have to believe that we are progressing in this life and adjusting to the altered progressed vibrational energy.

[Mod edit - thread moved here, as it talks about development of the soul and so also of our conscious being, and seems better placed in the Karmic Astrology section.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Spungie

SpyderDNA, I was in another thread and wanted to explain this to someone and couldnt find the words. I'm glad you've managed to reinforce my ideas into more tangible beliefs, thank you.

I have not studied progressions properly yet, but I've been interested for this very reason. It seems logical, that who you start and who you finish as IN ESSENCE must be different, unless it really is all just futile...
PFFFFT!

However, theres one thing I'm still trying to think around. What of those who do not grow with the planets? if you belive that is possible...
The pogressions for those who do not develop perhaps, would be innacurate. At this time I cannot decide, We are DEFINATELY all subject to the absolute, but I wonder, at this time in history, if we are all subject 100% to the planets...
(Needs to have a cigarette and a think)

katydid

SpyderDNA, I was in another thread and wanted to explain this to someone and couldnt find the words. I'm glad you've managed to reinforce my ideas into more tangible beliefs, thank you.

I have not studied progressions properly yet, but I've been interested for this very reason. It seems logical, that who you start and who you finish as IN ESSENCE must be different, unless it really is all just futile...
PFFFFT!

However, theres one thing I'm still trying to think around. What of those who do not grow with the planets? if you belive that is possible...
The pogressions for those who do not develop perhaps, would be innacurate. At this time I cannot decide, We are DEFINATELY all subject to the absolute, but I wonder, at this time in history, if we are all subject 100% to the planets...
(Needs to have a cigarette and a think)

I think that even if you are not up to the task, you are given the chances to grow. Your sun will progress to the next sign, even if you havent learned the necessary lessons, but you will just be unprepared perhaps. :crying:

Spungie

I think that even if you are not up to the task, you are given the chances to grow. Your sun will progress to the next sign, even if you havent learned the necessary lessons, but you will just be unprepared perhaps. :crying:

Yea, I get you.
I guess you'd just do laps of the zodiac untill you're capable of ascention. At that point you realise the zodiac you thought you'd mastered was just 1degree in the REAL zodiac, and so on and so on untill you become god...
Ok semi-joking now. Makes sense though, guess I just dont know really.

Thank you for the change of thought, I never explained, but I had 2 strong beliefs, one old, one new, crash, headfirst into one another. :pouty:

katydid

Yea, I get you.
I guess you'd just do laps of the zodiac untill you're capable of ascention. At that point you realise the zodiac you thought you'd mastered was just 1degree in the REAL zodiac, and so on and so on untill you become god...
Ok semi-joking now. Makes sense though, guess I just dont know really.

Thank you for the change of thought, I never explained, but I had 2 strong beliefs, one old, one new, crash, headfirst into one another. :pouty:

Yea, I don't know either obviously. I did experience a very strong death/white light experience when I literally drown in the ocean as a teenager. I was brought back by the EMT's, but my whole life did run before me, backwards, like watching a video, and I felt like I was supposed to be learning something, like I was judging it myself. There was no one else 'judging' the video of my life. But afterwards, when I saw the powerful miraculous white light, there stood my dead grandfather, motioning for me to go back, and resume my young life. I felt comforted by the light, and attracted to it, like I knew I could go and be accepted back there. but I was only 15, and not ready to give up yet. :alien::innocent:
So this experience has affected me my entire life. It has always been a comfort to have experienced 'death' and been comforted by the experience. Perhaps it is because I have Jupiter in the 12th though, that it was a comforting, beneficial experience to drown in the ocean. :sideways:

Spungie

Wow, yes, In many ways a fortunate experience. Thats an interesting story, I almost envy you. :p
Its great when something so very unexplainable to the normal scientific paradigm(sp) smashes it to bits and forces you to think.

Perhaps we should all go drown ourselves, maybe thats what it was to be baptised! haha! Try and deny the afterlife NOW! :wink:

For me some very strong and frequent deja vu' revolving around certain characters in my life at the age of 16 is what opened my mind.
I dreamt of my cats death EXACTLY as it happend months before it actually did happen :pouty:

Since then I've realised I'm really quite the dja vu mahine...

katydid

By deja vu, do you mean specifically that you may dream of it first, and then it happens later, and you feel the deja vu experience?

Do you feel those characters from when you were 16 were from past lives for example?

Do you have a strong Neptune or 12th?

Spungie

(katydid, had to sleep last night :p)
Well, my cat (I chose it, cause it had a curly tail :D) used to give me very strong deja vu. At times I could predict what was going to happen. And i told the story of her death in my dream to my family, and then it went and happend. Yes I am quite sure that both my cat and my first serious girlfriend (both when I was 16. My cat died when me and her were together) knew me in a past life. With the girlfried I litterally had this feeling of wow, joy! I havent seen you in aeons!

Lately (past year or two) some of my deja vu has come from visions during 3rd eye meditation. I have seen people and thought *who was that? only to see them do exactly what they did in the 'Vision' These visions are usually very short.

I have neptune in the 5th directly conjuct saturn and in a stellium(neptune and saturn so close, to me, represent crystlisation). This stelluim is in aspect to everyting else in my chart. I belive that strong deja vu for me serves as a reminder, it helps me to become who I am. But, it will never be WHO I am. I do not see myelf becoming a great phsycic or seer.

Squapius

Banned
Hello everybody who is in this thread.

Hello Spyder.

SpyderDNA said:
We move through the Astral at the speed of light and therefore the secondary progression may be more important than natal. I am now 45 years old, my sun started in Scorpio and is now n Capricorn. I am not the same person I was when I was a child nor when I was 20 years old.

If the souls purpose is to evolve into a higher being, then surely it will not be stuck at the natal point for this entire incarnation. I have to believe that we are progressing in this life and adjusting to the altered progressed vibrational energy.

I couldn´t agree more with you with this you wrote. I´ve been thinking about this also: Why should I look at my natal chart for knowing something of myself now that 19 years have passed or in the future when I was 30 or more. Because the natal chart is the moment in which you take the pranic breath you said, and start your incarnation, and that... is an event.
Your start in your new encarnation, like a zero on a count of a finite quantity.
Then I was wondering in how could transits be so significant over a natal chart, because the natal chart does not symbolize the characteristics of a person at an advanced age, but it symbolizes the moment the soul started a new encarnation.
How the characteristics of a person, a soul, could be so well portrayed in their natal chart, if the natal chart portrays the moment in which you start being? How could the natal chart describe you now that you have evolved and you are in a certain state of your transformation?
Then that makes me think of a sentence I read in some place (I think that it was in an article of the Edgar Cayce´s Near Death Experiences site), that said that you choose your chart when you come down to the physical earth at the same time when you pick your parents and you get inside your mother (nine months before of course). Then you choose the chart, "the moment", and that makes me think that you choose the determinated moment, parents and context that will be apropriate for you to develope yourself in the things you needed. Give some of yourself to the world, interact, feel, to transform with others.

There is something that I still don´t understand and have not studied finely yet. Is if the progressions are the way to estimate how an individual is likely to evolve and if this is the way astrologers can study, learn of, or understand this evolving of a soul that once had a start as a natal chart.
If the soul picked the chart (knowing the potential of the moment, circumstances, parents), then I think that the planets symbolize the mission and purposes this soul had as she/he appeared in the world once in a moment. Then they show goals, aspirations, potencialities. Because the potentialities symbolized in the natal chart are the things/events/astrological influences that may change this soul for she/he could evolve!

But then again, how do progressions work? A lot of chart progression systems do exist for being used. Secondary, tertiary I think. I just know one of them...
Which are the natural astronomical rythms or logic that are being measured and are the base for calculating a progresed chart / calculating progressions? Why is it, for example for the sun, to progress one degree each year? What makes the sun progress one degree per year and not five degrees or two? Why do progressions work like that?

Being planets symbols of potential and purpose at the same time makes the planets still more magical and meaningful as symbols.

It´s like appearing with a natal chart (potentials) and evolving with transits and events you experience.

It´s so magical.

starlink

Squapius, so nice to see you in this thread and what you wrote here is exactly how I also see it. Absolutely everything you wrote there, is very logical and actually easy to accept (whereas other astrological things are a bit more difficult to accept at times).
I understand your confusion about the Sun's one degree progression,but I think this is indeed pure symbolic, like the Solar Arc directions and one of those things which are more difficult to accept.

Now maybe the ancient Babylonians or Greeks had something to do with this , in- spiring later astrologers/astronomers and with the help of astronomy which played a very important part in those days of course and to them (who were strong mathematicians usually as they had no computers like we have) it probably is very clear why they decided that the Sun in astrology should move only one degree per year and not five degrees.

I found this article and apparently Placidus invented secondary progressions:

History of Horoscopic Astrology - Google Buchsuche-Ergebnisseite
It is in very small print, but still readable. I have to go through it myself, but thought that in this article it will be explained how the 1° for a year was invented.

And this is also what you are talking about:
Why do some astrologers prefer a "progressed chart" instead of ... -

Last edited:

kazman32

Yea, I don't know either obviously. I did experience a very strong death/white light experience when I literally drown in the ocean as a teenager. I was brought back by the EMT's, but my whole life did run before me, backwards, like watching a video, and I felt like I was supposed to be learning something, like I was judging it myself. There was no one else 'judging' the video of my life. But afterwards, when I saw the powerful miraculous white light, there stood my dead grandfather, motioning for me to go back, and resume my young life. I felt comforted by the light, and attracted to it, like I knew I could go and be accepted back there. but I was only 15, and not ready to give up yet. :alien::innocent:
So this experience has affected me my entire life. It has always been a comfort to have experienced 'death' and been comforted by the experience. Perhaps it is because I have Jupiter in the 12th though, that it was a comforting, beneficial experience to drown in the ocean. :sideways:

I have always been facinated with nde's thanks for sharing your experience!