Can a relationship work if you have Mercury square Mercury in synastry?

gemsun

I understand this aspects makes it very difficult to have a harmonous relationship because communication is very important. But what about the signs they are in? Would it make a big difference? or if other aspects smooths this out? What if in synastry they have Mercury trine Venus? Does it help liking how they communicate. Are there any successfull relationships with M square M?

PLEASE... if anyone can help with just a lil input on this hard aspect i would greatly appreciate it. It has been bothering me for the longest time

gemsun

Attached is the synastry chart in Placidus. The pisces sun person has an unknown birth time.

Attachments

• synastry chart.jpg
    synastry chart.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 64

JUPITERASC

I understand this aspects makes it very difficult to have a harmonous relationship because communication is very important. But what about the signs they are in? Would it make a big difference? or if other aspects smooths this out? What if in synastry they have Mercury trine Venus? Does it help liking how they communicate. Are there any successfull relationships with M square M?
PLEASE... if anyone can help with just a lil input on this hard aspect i would greatly appreciate it. It has been bothering me for the longest time
Attached is the synastry chart in Placidus. The pisces sun person has an unknown birth time.
The aspects your Ascendant rulers make to each other are most important as well as the aspects your Suns and Moons are making to each other.

So, Check out the Sign of your natal Ascendant and find the planet that rules it. Do the same for the other person's Ascendant (the problem is that they have an unknown birth time, so you cannot do that, so ask if they have any idea of even their approximate time of birth so that you can do that) You can at least check the aspects your Ascendant Ruler is making to their Sun and Moon

Check out your Sun and Moon Signs and find their ruling planets and then do the same regarding the other person. Then compare the aspects: Your Sun to their Moon: Their Moon to Your Moon: Their Sun to your Moon :smile:

Ixaee

Both of your moons are in eachother's 12th -- a very karmic and 'destined' sort of connection!

Mercury squared mercury is a challenge here, but see your relationship as one of growth together. Some challenge is vital if any of us are to grow...

Last edited:

gemsun

My ascendant ruler which is Jupiter (also his sun sign ruler) has a few harmonous aspects to his planets (venus sextile jupiter, uranus trine jupiter). My moon is conjunct my venus so all aspects my venus makes would be the same im guessing. I still would not know the exact degree his moon would be, all i know is that its in aquarius.

My sun sign ruler has crossed my mind of course and its the reason this hard aspect has been bothering me. Im very mercurial : /

attached are the aspects i got from cafe astrology if its any help.

thank you very much for your reply Jupiterasc. im still confused. ive tried to talk to this person, but all that comes out of my mouth is hello or hey. there is something blocking me/us from initiating a conversation every time we see each other. we both have a mutual attraction/interest in each other, but we havent gotten around to an actual conversation. Should i still bother?

Attachments

• aspectss.jpg
    aspectss.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 38

gemsun

Hi axee! thanks for your reply. not only is his moon in my 12th house, but so is his mercury. ive noticed he is quite in tune with my thoughts since he always knows when i look for him, when i ask for him, or when i turn to look at him. :pinched: . Does this help at all with square aspect? if he's already in tune with my thoughts, wouldn't he have an idea how i am?

Skillcoil

His mercury conjuncts your north node, communication will be something to work on and overcome within your relationship. North node conjunctions are good for karmic/past life purposes.

JUPITERASC

thank you very much for your reply Jupiterasc. im still confused. ive tried to talk to this person, but all that comes out of my mouth is hello or hey. there is something blocking me/us from initiating a conversation every time we see each other. we both have a mutual attraction/interest in each other, but we havent gotten around to an actual conversation. Should i still bother?

since you have no Ascendant data for this person then you only have half the picture...

you said we both have a mutual attraction/interest in each other, but we havent gotten around to an actual conversation. Should i still bother? That is a good question!

Question is how to answer it any other way as well as with synastry

so I'm thinking that perhaps creating a separate thread on the horary astrology relational questions section could provide you with some of the answers and guidence you seek. No harm done by checking out the forum http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43 horary astrology questions are asked in a special way so do read the guidelines :smile:

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I haven't looked at either chart or the synastry in any depth, but a few things occurred to me that might help.

First you can notice that both Mercury's are in fixed signs, and so may be stubborn. If this is so, each of you individually looking at whether or not you sometimes cling unnecessarily to a viewpoint could pre-empt any possible difficulties.

The Mercury in Aquarius person might favour feeling over thinking because of his Pisces Sun, in which case your strong air will help him to get in touch with that Mercury, as well as Moon, in Aquarius.

And you could be low on Earth - Saturn is in Capricorn but closely conjunct watery Neptune, so you may need help from your more Earthy partner to get in touch with your Mercury in Taurus.

This is speculative so obviously discount it if it doesn't ring true. If it is how you both experience things then it might not be a case of one person's Mercury conflicting with the other, so much as each of you confronted by your own Mercury through the other, and finding mental stimulation in one another that will lead you both to be elementally more rounded individuals.

Either way, doing something together that allows both Mercury's to express in their natural ways will give any tension a release. Your composite Mercury is perhaps worth a look if you feel the square is a problem. (That reminds me, there may be times when any mental tension is more intense, because a when a transiting planet is in hard aspect to one Mercury, it is in hard aspect to all three - both natals and the composite, so look out for these times if the square is a general problem).

gemsun

His mercury conjuncts your north node, communication will be something to work on and overcome within your relationship. North node conjunctions are good for karmic/past life purposes.

what kind of benefit does this bring with communication. how does the north node work in synastries? thanks for your reply!

so I'm thinking that perhaps creating a separate thread on the horary astrology relational questions section could provide you with some of the answers and guidence you seek.

thanks, i am somewhat familiar with horary. i will consider making a thread

First you can notice that both Mercury's are in fixed signs, and so may be stubborn. If this is so, each of you individually looking at whether or not you sometimes cling unnecessarily to a viewpoint could pre-empt any possible difficulties.

The Mercury in Aquarius person might favour feeling over thinking because of his Pisces Sun, in which case your strong air will help him to get in touch with that Mercury, as well as Moon, in Aquarius.

. If it is how you both experience things then it might not be a case of one person's Mercury conflicting with the other, so much as each of you confronted by your own Mercury through the other, and finding mental stimulation in one another that will lead you both to be elementally more rounded individuals.

thanks miquar for your interpretation. i DEFINITELY see stubborness in him which is why i find him very intimidating and hard to get close to. i am very cautious in love (venus, moon, and mars in cancer) which is why i question so much before i approach. :unsure: ...and i agree that my gemini sun can work with his mercury and moon.

Kama

I do not want to be negative - every relationship has its problems.
The importance of mercury surely depends also on the nature of the relationship - if it is mostly sexual, business, friendship etc. - how much is it important to communicate. NLP might also help.
Personally it is one of the first things I look at when I do a synastry chart: are the mercurys of the same element? Compatible? Do they aspect each other and how? In which houses are they located? Mercury is not only the way you think, the way you speak, the way you learn - it's everything! - Hermes, the god of the ways. THOT. Psychopompos. Mercury is also the way you react, the way you handle things (also have sex!), your personal intellectual stragegies, your aims, also your INTERESTS.
There may be people for whom talking and discussing is not so important, for me it is. And it is also very important for me that the man I am in love with is also my friend. That means I am quite tolerant concerning differences and give a lot of freedom: so I do need a very good mercurial connection, because I have to make sure that my partner UNDERSTANDS me and that I can make myself understood!!!
I have spent 15 years with am man wirh scorpio mercury, mine is in leo. I separated because of that difference - he took everything personal, impossible to make a remark or to improvise or dream or plan something...
kama

relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately.

In synastry I use tight orbs and view aspects between one person's outer planets to the other person's inner planets as being "karmic connections"......usually with the outer planet person doing the teaching and the inner planet person doing the learning.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
http://www.astrotheme.com/synastry_advice.php
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/synastry/ascendant.html
http://astrologyfiles.com/free-horoscope-matching/
http://www.skyviewzone.com/lovematch/sunsynastryhouse.htm

miquar

Hi again Gemsun. In the light of Kama's slightly depressing account of Mercury square Mercury cross-aspects, and to build on astrologer50s suggestion that synastry cannot make things happen, I wanted to share this quote:

'...the planet in my chart which is aspected is the way I experience the relationship. For the time being you can put aside whatever it is in your chart that is apsecting mine...Whether its a good constellation or a bad constellation is a very dubious issue because it depends very much to how I react to this thing in myself being stimulated...The actual nature of the aspect is much less relevant than whether I can relate to my own planet.'

Liz Greene The Jupiter/Saturn Conference Lectures (by Greene and Arroyo) page 29/30.

I don't see the square between your Mercurys as being a bad omen - the balance of elements in each of you means that you need one another to tune into your own Mercury's since one person's Mercury element is generally stronger in the other. If you find yourselves getting a bit wired around each other, you can find ways of burning off the nervous energy either in a joint project or separately. Most couples have areas of life where they need to create separate spaces in order to function properly (although many couples ignore this need, with sometimes rather disturbing consequences). You might possibly need to have separate learning interests, or you might not??? Like I said above, if it is an issue watch out for certain transits (eg transiting Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Chiron, Uranus, Neptune or Pluto at the end of a fixed sign or at around 13 or 14 degrees of a cardinal sign - especially Uranus and Pluto!)

Interestingly, transiting Saturn is at 13 degrees Libra now and transiting Neptune is at the end of Aquarius, coinciding with your paying lots of attention to this aspect.

You might want to see if anything happens to do with your Mercurys on either midnight (UT) at the start of the 23rd of August, when the transiting Sun triggers the Saturn and Neptune transits, or around 2 pm (UT) on the 25th of August when transiting Mars triggers them, with a bit of help from the transiting Moon passing through at the same time.

I'd be interested to know if anything does happen....

just to add another dimension

Quote by Freedomlover in post here on AW
In reality, no chart is definitely "good" or definitely "bad". As you pointed out, there is really no way of knowing how the energies will manifest. Some charts show a greater possibility for the energies to manifest well. But the same lovely trine that implies comfortable, loving energy can manifest as a feeder line that goes along with the other's abusive behaviour without questioning it. The same lovely sextile that implies harmony together can manifest as the two individuals will make the same bad choices.

There is a higher and a lower energy available in all the aspects. It all depends on free will and each individual's personal state of spiritual growth. In synastry there should be a varied degree of so called 'good and bad' aspects, but in reality I would use the terms, 'easy empathy, and challenging' cos without constant effort, respect, understanding and love and a willingness on both sides to 'work at matters' then no amount of good synastry will explain if a relationship will be successful or not...

ChildOfVenus

I hate how people think a relationship can't work out because of this aspect in synastry. I have it with someone I want to be friends with. We do have things in common yet I feel discouraged about even getting involved with the person for this reason.

IleneK

Premium Member
I hate how people think a relationship can't work out because of this aspect in synastry. I have it with someone I want to be friends with. We do have things in common yet I feel discouraged about even getting involved with the person for this reason.

It can work, for sure! There are likely other aspects between you that may support the friendship. The two of you may have to be a bit more open to communication between you and thoughtful and creative in your responses. But these are all good life practices to cultivate.
Cheers to your friendship, CoV!

ChildOfVenus

It can work, for sure! There are likely other aspects between you that may support the friendship. The two of you may have to be a bit more open to communication between you and thoughtful and creative in your responses. But these are all good life practices to cultivate.
Cheers to your friendship, CoV!
Even with Mars square Mercury in the mix? Their Mercury and Mars square my Mercury.

katydid

Yes, it can work. My daughter and her boyfriend have a tight Mercury in Taurus square his Mercury in Leo. :pouty:

They have had a few turbulent fights, but usually they communicate really well. They have Sun sextile Sun and Asc conjunct Asc and Moon trine Merc/Venus.

She is a Gemini and he is a Leo. I think they may end up settling down together and having a family. That is their plan anyway. :love:

In the beginning of their relationship, 2 yrs ago, they had several miscommunications. And they almost broke up each time because they didn't 'get' what the other was saying/wanting.

But they really worked to understand each other, and they both made important changes and personal improvements.

He [Merc/Sun in Leo] had to learn to make adjustments, and be in a relationship mode, not just thinking about himself, as he was accustomed to for the previous years. He had been happily single so he had to change his mindset. :bandit:

And she [Merc/Venus in Taurus, Gemini Sun] had to learn to be more flexible about things and not over react and create unnecessary drama. :innocent:

I think they are both doing a great job so far.