Saturn and the 8th house transit

smilingsteph

I will soon have Saturn blessing my 8th house....:crying:

Anyone have any stories they can share?
Advice they can give..

Right now I am feeling the pinch to take more notice of my finances...whereas I could care less before...
I have been feeling like hoarding my resources....but for what, a flood? I dont know, but it feels like I am doing it for a reason.

I have also been purging myself of feelings that were once hidden, now they are emerging like a flood.

I have read up on Saturn through this house, just curious on any others thoughts.

Thanks!

R4VEN

Right now I am feeling the pinch to take more notice of my finances...whereas I could care less before...
I have been feeling like hoarding my resources....but for what, a flood? I dont know, but it feels like I am doing it for a reason.

I have also been purging myself of feelings that were once hidden, now they are emerging like a flood.
What you describe sounds pretty typical for that transit, smiling steph.

I just came out of my last transit of Saturn through my 8th (where it resides natally) only 3 months ago.
The time before that - that is, around 30 years ago - I was married, and so a lot of what occurred involved `our' money, which seemed to be put at risk on a regular basis. Looking back now, I can see that I lived out all my fears related to financial and partnership-resources.... perhaps to check out if my deepest fears were warranted.

This time it was more to do with checking out what was in the deepest recesses of my unconscious, and whether they `fit' me or not, and that has been an interesting journey.

Steph, you mentioned about uncovering hidden feelings, and that can be an 8th house effect, but may also be happening in relation to how Uranus is going through Pisces, and also the aftermath of that Triple Conjunction, which I feel is still doing its work on all of us. Perhaps what you are experiencing is an effect of everything together.

Saturn will definitely bring you face-to-face with all the fears you possess - at any level - in relation to your 8th house issues. Saturn will try to scare the pants off you, but you must look him square in the eye, and say:"Hey, you - I'm in charge here!"

smilingsteph

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences..
After reading your other post about depression and relationships...I think it is Uranus..
I go into these crazed lunatic spells of emotions, really. I feel like I cannot control my feelings....My Virgo moon is not happy with this!!!
I wish I could gain control over this stuff!!!!

What you describe sounds pretty typical for that transit, smiling steph.

Steph, you mentioned about uncovering hidden feelings, and that can be an 8th house effect, but may also be happening in relation to how Uranus is going through Pisces, and also the aftermath of that Triple Conjunction, which I feel is still doing its work on all of us. Perhaps what you are experiencing is an effect of everything together.

Saturn will definitely bring you face-to-face with all the fears you possess - at any level - in relation to your 8th house issues. Saturn will try to scare the pants off you, but you must look him square in the eye, and say:"Hey, you - I'm in charge here!"

R4VEN

After reading your other post about depression and relationships...I think it is Uranus..
I go into these crazed lunatic spells of emotions, really. I feel like I cannot control my feelings....My Virgo moon is not happy with this!!!
I wish I could gain control over this stuff!!!!
Yep - I agree with that, smilingsteph. That is similar to my own experience.

I'm normally a very calm and measured person. People who know me well say I am `reliable, sensible & wise'. (That's my Cap Asc at work, I think.)
Since the latest Uranus-Saturn opposition in mid September, `something weird' has stepped out of my own inner closet, :w00t: and every now and again takes my mind down some very peculiar pathways. I have tr Uranus in the 3rd at present, and when tr Saturn was in the 8th all was under control, but in the weeks since the last exact opposition I have very gradually begun to unravel. I think it is necessary, but at times very scary, as my thoughts seem to go to places they do not normally go, and the emotions too have been all over the place.

I think this is Uranus at work in the present, but on the tail end of that intense triple conjunction.

I read Barbara Hand Clow's New Moon report for the recent New Moon in Libra, and she also mentioned the power of the new Moon at 25 Libra forming an almost exact T-square with the Moon's Nodal axis, plus the new moon was inconjunct tr Uranus (is this why Uranus is suddenly so `active'?), and also tr Mars and Tr Pluto formed a quincunx as well.............. all of this at the time of the New Moon.
The New Moon was Sunday afternoon here, and I nearly lost the plot totally - just for a few hours.

How do you handle power? Your desire nature? Intimate relationships? What kind of obsessions and addictions do you have? What are your deep-rooted compulsions? What are your unhealthy attachments? When Saturn transits our eighth house, we feel pressure to answer these questions. Often, at the beginning of the transit, we are very sensitive to what seems like outer world pressures that force us to examine some of our deepest desires and attachments. These include our sexual relationships, our finances (especially with regards to debts and shared finances), and our need for control.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/saturntransitinghouses.html

SmilingS, can't remember or find your chart to check if you have any natal planets in 8th?
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house8.html

Now I have T Saturn currently in 8th and soon to leave when it changes to libra. I have jupiter in virgo there, trine mercury in 4th square mars in 5th. When T saturn conj natal jupiter -- nothing. But what I have noticed over past to years is lack of sex! gosh am I fed up. My libedo has flatlined, hormones (life after HRT) has robbed me of one of my greatest pleasures:sad: I feel as though I've lost my best friend:crying:

Keywords for saturn then, hard work, limitations, restrictions, feeling unsure, unconfident regarding joint finances. BUT 8th is also about 'other people's values, whereas 2nd is our personal values -- we are testing other's values against our own to see what is valid in cautious saturnian way ie: not throwing the baby out with the bathwater....

Plus 8th is the house of inheritance and if you were hoping to get or resolve any of these matters (you or partner) would prob feel heavily burdened by them with lots of delays going on :whistling:

Financial support as well as spiritual, emotional and physical support are also addressed by this House. It's a time to stand alone without too much support network around you. Plus wherever Saturn stands or transits is where we 'lack confidence' -- there may well be a whole host of matters going on. I shall be **** glad when it leaves 8th house

Hope this helps

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Steph,
I can share a few experiences that occurred when Saturn went through my eighth house. I had problems with my rented house (landlord's investment)-mostly the actual structure. I ended up taking him to court (and winning) because the house was actually unsafe.The transit was exacerbated by Saturn going into retrograde motion right on my H8 cusp (conjunct a couple of other planets.) Even though I had a very rough time, it had a positive outcome.Quite a few previous long-term arrangements in my life came to an end under that transit.Especially those involving the resources of others. Saturn also rules my ascendant so my health suffered acutely at that time.(I was electrocuted twice during that transit-faulty wiring at aforementioned premises. My h8 has cancer on the cusp but is mainly Leo)
Saturn was also square my Neptune as it hovered over my h8 cusp for seemingly EVER.It was hard to see the forest for the trees, but I also later learned the soil there had been poisoned by years of use of pesticides, so Neptune comes into the picture there too.I commenced legal action against the Landlord around the time Saturn conjuncted my Jupiter on cusp of h8.
Might be worth taking a look Steph, at what houses Saturn rules in your Natal chart-because they will be affected.Mine were.
I'm sure we'll be getting updates from you *as it happens!*
Cheers
Lilly

smilingsteph

Thanks so much, here is my natal chart...

Lilly-
Oh my gosh, that sounds just as bad as my Saturn Return, but luckily I never go electrocuted! Did Uranus have anything to do with yours?
I also have had and am having Saturn square Neptune....so much confusion! Honestly I have to keep reminding myself that this is just due to the transit, but it is mind boggeling! Cant make decisions, you feel like everything you do is treading water...

I am sure I will keep you all posted. Sharing my feelings helps me so much! You guys are all like my second family, because where family is concerned I dont have much left.

Oh and when you brought up renting, that worried me, because we are building a house...seems to be going well for the moment, they will start framing in November...but luckily it is a pre-sale so if something goes during the building process then we wont suffer the consequences...Although, it should be done in the next 6 months...so at least I can be prepared for something, when we move into it....like an earthquake or pipes bursting...Luckily due to the law (mortgage) we have to get homeowners insurance.

Thanks for sharing, it means a lot!

How do you handle power? Your desire nature? Intimate relationships? What kind of obsessions and addictions do you have? What are your deep-rooted compulsions? What are your unhealthy attachments?

These are very difficult questions and questions I have actually been facing about myself since, oh about August, Septemberish....it is actually very uncomfortable. No wonder!

SmilingS, can't remember or find your chart to check if you have any natal planets in 8th?
http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house8.html

I will put up my chart here If you dont mind taking a look?

Now I have T Saturn currently in 8th and soon to leave when it changes to libra. I have jupiter in virgo there, trine mercury in 4th square mars in 5th. When T saturn conj natal jupiter -- nothing.

Oh no!!! Would you relate this to the mars aspect being squared by Saturn? Because Mars is in your 5th house, not to mention your Jupiter in the 8th may have been conjunct as well?

I have seen so many women have issues with HRT! Kinda makes you wonder if there is anything else out there? Exogenous hormones do not work the same, even though the Gyno's who are male swear by them, but the patients dont seem to have any relief! It is awful!

Keywords for saturn then, hard work, limitations, restrictions, feeling unsure, unconfident regarding joint finances. BUT 8th is also about 'other people's values, whereas 2nd is our personal values -- we are testing other's values against our own to see what is valid in cautious saturnian way

I made a copy of this list, it is succinct and to the point, thank you!

Plus 8th is the house of inheritance and if you were hoping to get or resolve any of these matters (you or partner) would prob feel heavily burdened by them with lots of delays going on :whistling:

Well when my mother passed, we found out credit cards in my sisters names, literally scattered througout the house. My poor sister didnt even know that was happening. My mom had a large gambling habit.

Financial support as well as spiritual, emotional and physical support are also addressed by this House. It's a time to stand alone without too much support network around you. Plus wherever Saturn stands or transits is where we 'lack confidence' -- there may well be a whole host of matters going on. I shall be **** glad when it leaves 8th house

I am scared with this one....I know this may sound wierd but when I saw my husband I said, I am gonna marry him, then I thought, he might die early....why would I think these things? Could be my negative thinking patterns, one being mercury in the 4th, square saturn in the 7th? I have always been afraid of things being taken from me, because they really have. Now this transit seems like it is making me obsessed with things being taken, I feel sort of stingy! Usually I give and give, no problem.
I am very afraid that this transit might be very bad?
Putting fears in my mind that I may lose someone, who deeply means a lot to me.
Pluto in the 8th house natally, I am sure I will have to give up power...I am scared when those two become conjunct, two very powerful forces, dark as well.

Hope this helps

It sure does! :biggrin:

[Moderator note - brief, new response moved above the long, old quote so as to make the post more reader-friendly.]

Attachments

• natal chart equal.gif
    natal chart equal.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:

vanila

I have Saturn transiting my 8th house at the moment......I have financial problems.....I pay my university...so I have credit and have to carry about....and yes I have to be more cautious about the money I spend ....long lasting period of limitations...:sick:

I now realize all this......Thank you ....

lillyjgc

Yes, Steph-Uranus WAS involved.Even though I went through some pretty challenging stuff with the Saturn H8 transit, at the end of the day I can say I learned some very valuable life lessons.The general theme WAS *shared resources*-in my cases, leased premises that failed to meet certain basic standards, because of a greedy ruthless Landlord who really believed he was *above the Law*-Proving otherwise was a very sweet victory and also gave me a focus for the very unsettled energies that were prevailing in my life.I couldn't afford a Lawyer, so I defended myself.
I was pretty broke during that whole transit as many injustices were prevailing in my life at that time- ex not paying child support etc etc etc.I also had lots of plumbing problems, maybe because the Moon rules my eighth and problems with leaking roof and broken water pipes.Many unexpected additional expenses...I lost a lot of *stuff*, but from that I realised we don't need as much as we think we do or are brainwashed to believe we do.I travel much lighter now!
Cheers
Lilly

SS,
Now I have T Saturn currently in 8th and soon to leave when it changes to libra. I have jupiter in virgo there, trine mercury in 4th square mars in 5th. When T saturn conj natal jupiter -- nothing.

Oh no!!! Would you relate this to the mars aspect being squared by Saturn? Because Mars is in your 5th house, not to mention your Jupiter in the 8th may have been conjunct as well?

T Saturn square mars was noticeably cos my landlord was fitting a new kitchen and bathroom. I've had every kinda tradesman going through my flat and it is has been necessary but disruptive and frustrating (typical saturn/mars matters) also typical was the stop/go over last few weeks. On a rolling timetable, waiting for various tradesmen to become available to do thier 'little bit' before someone else can continue.:crying:

Now your Pluto 8th is well aspected except for quincunx to venus. This aspect alone suggest friendships and love cause lots of uncertainty and that you may attract 'difficult people' to you.

Also, keep a close eye on T Neptune conj Asc, I've had this and you may find that you will need to sleep more, change your hair, appearance. Secrets keep poss within family (that you knew nothing about) will suddently come out into the open for a airing. I think Noel Tyl describes this transit as 'wipe out' everything dissolves, disappears, confusion, illusions. I've had this one to in 1' Aqu Asc and my father's Will was kept from me and caused humongous disruptions when I finally did find the extent of his wishes. It dissolved all ties with my family thereon in. I did colour my hair reddish for a while before going back to blonde to..

So watch which planet neptune will aspect and cause tension ie: moon opp and uranus square..

lillyjgc

There were Inheritance issues in my case too and as a result I did some radical severance with a number of family members.
I also had Tradesmen coming in and out the whole time-electricians, plumbers, pest exterminators (very h8 if you ask me!), building inspectors, the Council, Health dept (at my request)...the list goes on, oh I forgot-glaziers (TWICE!), and the Real estate Agents.
It was a time of having to put up with many unpleasant things.All of our street was advised not to drink tap water due to contaminated pipes-until the pipes were renewed which would take months...
When Saturn conjuncted my natal Pluto (in h9), my best friend died.Saturn was going through my h8 the entire time she was suffering with her cancer.

Work was hard to come by when Saturn transited my h8 (limitations re the resources of others) but when it hit h9 I had many new clients for Astrology! I suddenly became very busy doing something I love.
Now I look back I am surprised I got through it and came out stronger the other end. Saturn does reward endeavour.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Last edited:
Interesting stuff. Steph and I have compared charts before (hi steph!) and we have a lot of similarities. Saturn is going through my 8th house, and was exactly conjuncting my Pluto last week. The week before that, my parents told my hubby and I that their inheritance from my grandmas passing is going to be put into generous college funds for my kids, plus they are going to pay off all of our consumer and medical debt. This came as a total surprise. We are doing the single shaky income dance and have been for the last couple of years, so this is the light at the end of the tunnel for us, as well as my college bound kids. Day to day life will not be effected much for us, but the bill collectors will go away.

I checked to see when Neptune transitted my Asc, and it was a landmark year for us. We left our church home of ten years through some rather painful circumstances, and were left with only a few family friends. Our faith was re-evaluated that year, and big changes were made in our concepts of church and worship. My appearance had a complete overhaul, as well.

Attachments

• despitemyself.gif
    despitemyself.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 33

R4VEN

Can anyone make mention of transiting saturn retrograde in the 8th?
Jay, Rx motion digs deeper, and often goes over old ground which you thought you had already dealt with. It's like comparing the action of a backhoe with simply manually digging with a spade or shovel.