Angelina Jolie Venus on Asc

Polo

starlink said:
I cannot believe that you are not attractive to others with these positions.

When I was young and even now, people say that I am very attractive (my daughter even commented yesterday on that, imagine!). I have been a model
for many years.
I am a Taurus and my Venus is in fall in Aries in the 5th house but conjuncts my Mars (traditional ruler of my Asc.) and trines Pluto (Modern ruler of my Asc.). Venus rules my 12th house. Venus is opposed by Neptune. Now I dont know which one of these positions have given me these looks for which I am very greatful no doubt.(Genes I guess, both my mother and father could have been moviestars).
But what IS strange is that up till I was 17, I was an ugly duckling!! I was pestered like you wont believe it.
One day however, an old lady came to me and said: girl, you should laugh a bit more often, it makes you look so pretty!! You are always so serious!! WOW, that one remark changed my life. From that moment on I laughed and I still get remarks from many people who say: You are always so cheerful!! Believe me, I really am not always that cheerful, but I have started believing in smiling and how it affects your looks.
This also show me that beauty has not only and everything to do with being really beautiful ( high cheekbones and what not). It is also about what you radiate to the outer world. It is the inner beauty which more often than not make a person very attractive and even sexy.

So ReallyPisces, I am sure that you can be very attractive if you ask me.

I agree. Beauty is ATTITUDE.

redwolf481

juliana_angelova said:
Hi Kerrie,

This is a very interesting subject. Thank you for bringing it up. I have been thinking about this for some time and I'm grateful to find this thread.

Just to add my couple of cents, actually, I don't believe that planets give beauty BUT I do believe they may amplify the beauty that already exists (or at least give some power of attraction to the less blessed people). Angelina Jolie seems to owe her beauty to her late mother and I think her Venus-Ascendant conjunction is just a final touch to what she already has.

Brooke Shields has her Venus conjoining the Midheaven (MC), which is another example of a placement amplifying beauty. Her beauty (Venus) has been in the public eye (MC) for years since she was a toddler.

Recently I got a great book on astrology for beginners. It is by Rae Orion and the title is "Astrology for Dummies". In Part V, Chapter 19, you will find the aspects that bring talents by category. There is a section on beauty, of course, and I would be glad to share what Orion says about it:

"Venus amplifies beauty, particularly when it is:

Conjunct the Ascendant, the Sun, the Moon, the Midheaven, or the ruler of the Ascendant.

In the 1st or 10th house.

In Taurus or Libra, the signs it rules.

Not everybody with a prominent Venus boasts a gorgeous face. What they do have is even more valuable: the power of attraction. An example is former President Bill Clinton. He’s a Leo (of course) with Venus in the first house in sociable Libra, the sign it rules. His Venus makes four conjunctions and two sextiles. So he easily attracts admirers. Hillary Rodham Clinton, on the other hand, has Venus in Scorpio, the sign of its detriment. With Venus conjunct her ruling planet (Mercury), she can be charming. But her Venus squares Saturn, Pluto, and Mars and makes an irritating (135°) angle to the Moon and Ascendant. Not surprisingly, as a public personality, she has to work harder to make her case."

(End of quote)

Yuliana

I am a libra rising with venus in taurus conjunct moon in taurus....moon followed by venus are my midheavens closest aspects...

I am good at picking out rising signs...but lately I have noticed that depending on what sign the ascendant is and how strong that sign is its very hard without knowing the ruler....scorpio and leo are very easy to spot physically(leo can be hard sometimes because the sun is very powerful and no matter what rising sign except for something very powerful...they tend to look like a leo) scorpio risings have the hooked-beaked noses while scorpios are just usually big.....anyway to most other signs I see tend to look like the ruler.....I am a gemini with libra rising....you would think I would be a tall slender guy huh.....I look like a taurus...I have broad shoulders and a VERY muscular body.....even when I was a baby....I was a premie when I was born(I was supposed to be a leo I was 6 weeks early)my mom said her and her friends would joke around when holding me because I had little bisceps and a muscular little body....I am 5'11 very broadshoulders with large bones a muscular build...my mom is 5'6 cancer with a leo ascendant and pluto and venus in the first house...my dad is 5'6 smaller than my mom libra with an aquarius ascendant and jupiter in the first.....

when I was a kid I was very oppositional....when I was 12-13 (1997-1998) I was one of the kids they put on drugs to deal with behavioral problems(I evenutually got off...long story) anyway they did this as I was going through puberty....I gained a ton of weight(moon and venus in taurus square jupiter in aquarius?) unnaturally(My body has the worst stretch marks) and no matter how heavy I got...I never looked as heavy as I weighed...(libra balances the weight all over the body and taurus muscular physique just made me look like a big dude instead of a really fat guy) I looked like a chubbier version of the hulk from the 1980's(lou ferrigo)....I went up and down for the last 10 years and even in my teens tried to lose the weight unhealthily but now 10 years later I am finnally losing this weight...so to answer your questions about beauty I never ever felt beautiful...quite the opposite...I had tonnnnssss of body issues...but the weight never felt natural and its allways felt like if I lost the weight I would be beautiful....now I am closer than ever(and leading a very healthy lifestyle this time around) and I am finding it to be more and more true...so I will let you guys know.......I also have pluto in scorpio in the first house.. opposite my moon and venus....now I can say I have allways had (A TON OF charisma) and I am very likeable.....in fact I have recently noticed that my employers even though they want to get rid of me(both jobs) couldn't because they like me so much.....when I got my first natal chart reading I walked in the room and the astrologer was like....you took attention right when you came in...you must be a leo rising lol........anyway I have venus trine neptune and mars aspect neptune too as does my sun oh and my sun aspects pluto as well lol.....

anway I have noticed that many people look like the ruler of there ascendant rather than there ascendant....my point....(I am a gemini folks)

Raindrops

I have a friend who is really beautiful (she is told that she could be a movie star on occasion).

But she does not have any of the aspects listed above.

Her Ascendant's ruling planet is conjunct Saturn in Libra (its exaltation). And her Ascendant's ruling planet is trine her ASC by 0 degrees.

Could that do it?

Vista

Hello all,
Ok here is my two cents. Venus trining or sextiling the Ascendant can also make one appear very attractive(even pretty, beautiful), the same for Sun semi sextile Venus, AND Venus conjunct the ruler of the Ascendant can make one very attractive. Venus trine or sextile Mars gives sex appeal, the same for Venus trine or sextile Pluto.
Another side note when discussing picking out rising signs. I have consistently noticed across the board that people who have Libra rising carry most of their weight in the lower half of their bodies and in a lot of cases would be considered "pear bodied," while Leo rising carry most of their weight in their upper bodies(legs tend to be proportionally thinner than the upper). The other consistent trait I have seen with Scorpio rising is that they are usually not above average height, sometimes a little on the shorter side and have pretty if not "penetrating" eyes. Of course genetics play a big role, but these observations have been the most consistent from what I have seen personally. Lastly, Moon conjunct the Ascendant gives one a round face, while Moon or Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant will usually indicate a weight problem.
Vista;)

Psychotik

I have ascendent in libra and venus sextile ascendent. Also mars in libra in the 1st house.

On first look, I think people are generally attracted to me.

However I also have venus conjuct uranus and moon square venus. I have been abused in the past ( i think that maybe uraus/venus) and sometimes I have had bfs in the past that I believe have seen me as a "status symbol" and had little respect for me. I'm not sure what the moon/ venus square suggests...

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I'm not sure what the moon/ venus square suggests...

This could indicate that your partnerships/relationships and your emotional world need some adjusting to eachother. Emotional commitment in relationships could be a problem, or you could (subconsciously) look for partners that pose an emotional challenge for you. Btw, how is your relationship to your mum?
Also, Ven conj Ura could indicate frequent changing of partners, or changeability within relationships, which also accounts for excitement, or unconventional partners. Can you relate to any of the above?

:)aquarius7000

Psychotik

aquarius7000 said:
This could indicate that your partnerships/relationships and your emotional world need some adjusting to eachother. Emotional commitment in relationships could be a problem, or you could (subconsciously) look for partners that pose an emotional challenge for you. Btw, how is your relationship to your mum?
Also, Ven conj Ura could indicate frequent changing of partners, or changeability within relationships, which also accounts for excitement, or unconventional partners. Can you relate to any of the above?

moon square: Do I go for jerks?/ unobtainable men? answer = yes.! lol (but I think a lot of women do...)

about venus conjunct uranus: Could it indicate a temper? I have been told I can be very volatile in close relationships.... I can get bogged down by small restrictions and sometimes tend to lash out. Its something I am working on :) I haven't actually had many relationships, but yes my relationships are quite inconventional.

I am curious why you asked about my mother? Our relationship is fine, but we have never been extremely close or connected in a way that I have with my father. My mother is a worrier. It's almost like a reversal of roles sometimes and I feel like I am mothering her!!

ETA: I have had a number of intense / transient relationships even friendship wise. There have been times when I have been extremely close, and then there are sudden break offs........ i think this is prob due to venus/uranus aspect. gah!

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius7000

about venus conjunct uranus: Could it indicate a temper? I have been told I can be very volatile in close relationships.... I can get bogged down by small restrictions and sometimes tend to lash out. Its something I am working on :) I haven't actually had many relationships, but yes my relationships are quite inconventional.
Well, needing space in relationships, being able to do one's own thing, and/or maintaining one's own identity can be the be-all and end-all for a Ura-Ven conjunct person. Venus, besides relationships, is also harmony and balance, whilst Uranus loves to upset the apple cart, so there you go on the volatile temper bit - the coming-and-going-suddenly kinds, but I would say that your temper is momentary and with this aspect you can't really be a nagger (unless you have a lot of earth in your chart, or Scorp).

I am curious why you asked about my mother? Our relationship is fine, but we have never been extremely close or connected in a way that I have with my father.
I asked about your mother because in addition to your Ven-Ura conj, your Ven (relationship) is also squared (minor tension) by Moon (mother).

greenastrologer

fascinating. i have merc conjunct venus (virgo rising) in taurus in a loose (7d) conjunction to my MC ... i don't think i'm beautiful but i know many would argue otherwise
starlink's comment about being an ugly duckling until 17 was interesting b/c i'd looked at my kids' charts (who i think are stunning and so does everyone else so it's not just mama's bias!) and they don't have anything to point to that. my eldest daughter (14) is truly beautiful but has venus in scorpio ? mind you, her sun is libra which might help

my libra asc friends *all* are pear-shaped!!

starlink

Psychotic, this:
I'm not sure what the moon/ venus square suggests...
depends on which houses Venus and Moon are ruling as well as what these two planets generally mean.

Moon represents our emotional makeover, how we react to what happens to us and to our surroundings. We absorb impressions through our Moons and then react accordingly to what we have perceived as either sad, aggressive, pleasant, etc.

Venus is the love goddess and shows how we accept and give out love.
The way we do this depends on the placement of Venus and also the aspects Venus makes to other planets.

A square is a tension creating aspect. It shows that the two planets involved can be openly divisive, work against and inhibit each other. The energy is restless and busy. When this energy is used positively, it can be one of the most productive forces going, if not, there can be tension, inertia and blockages. Especially squares involving the Moon, because the square in itself resonates with the Moon, Cardinal, Water and Cancer energy.

So the houses (life compartments) ruled by Moon and Venus, do not see eye to eye on things. Moon is not happy with the way Venus wants to behave and vice versa and an effort has to be made to make things work. There is a lot of creative tension here.

Together with your Venus conjunct Uranus aspect, this will not be easy. You tend to keep a distance from others or dont let them get too close. Very often Moon-Venus squares, but also oppositions influence relationships and marriage opportunities negatively.

Because Venus rules your Ascendant the urge to stay unattached is strong, but with a Libra Ascendant one usually wants to be in a relationship. You can see from this alone how contrary the energies are in your chart.
I have been abused in the past
This has clearly left it's mark on you and you should consider doing something about this in order to forgive and let go of the past, because otherwise this will influence any future relationship you will have. You might unintentionally go on choosing the wrong type of men, who will repeat the abuse (maybe in a different form, like belittling you or not respecting you as you mentioned).
I hope you dont mind me saying this, but I think you deserve better than being seen as a trophy.

Cheers, Starlink

piscesascendant

I've understood that Venus in the 12th is accidentally dignified being placed there.

Interesting topic... I have Venus conjunct Ascendant--technically in the 12th but within 3 degrees of the 1st house. I also consider it to be conjunct my Jupiter in the first (at 21 degrees Pisces). Pleased to read Venus conjunct Jupiter is one of the most beneficial aspects to have, since I read that those with planets in mutable signs tend to be very hard on themselves. Case in point, I'm a male, and get extremely envious of good-looking guys, especially when I see them with their woman.

I've been accused of being a "boaster" with my Jupiter on the ascendant...didn't realize that was the case. Oh well.

Here's my chart:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/ogphotos/Brianschart-1.jpg

redwolf481

piscesascendant said:
Interesting topic... I have Venus conjunct Ascendant--technically in the 12th but within 3 degrees of the 1st house. I also consider it to be conjunct my Jupiter in the first (at 21 degrees Pisces). Pleased to read Venus conjunct Jupiter is one of the most beneficial aspects to have, since I read that those with planets in mutable signs tend to be very hard on themselves. Case in point, I'm a male, and get extremely envious of good-looking guys, especially when I see them with their woman.

I've been accused of being a "boaster" with my Jupiter on the ascendant...didn't realize that was the case. Oh well.

Here's my chart:
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj123/ogphotos/Brianschart-1.jpg

im a libra rising with venus in taurus...I get the same way with guys I find my self comparing myself to others all th etime and being extremely hard on myself to work out and become attractive.....same thing when I see them with there women...

piscesascendant

Okay, speaking of getting envious of good-looking guys, here's a celebrity who is really great-looking, and to boot, he's a very nice and warm guy (at least in interviews, and I don't doubt he is in life), which makes me even more envious, because that means he's got EVERYTHING going for him. I wish him nothing but the best but it's depressing to someone like me It's Chris Pine (the new Kirk in Star Trak out next year).

Here's his chart (birth time unknown):
http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/Svfb2b4pD25E.htm

VENUS

the more venus aspects in a natal, the more attractive and "appeal" you have.

yes vista, all the libra risings i know carry their weight on the bottom half and their bodies are pear shaped (including myself.) and i have a handful of libra rising friends (i have lots of air in my chart so i attract them.)

i am a libra/pluto rising, and boy do i look/feel like a libra. if anyone is a pluto rising (of any sign) pluto intensifies the sign its in, and you REALLY look like your rising. funny thing is, whenever i look at a venus painting and look at her body, it reminds me so much of my own, the shape, the fullness, roundness, its so weird LOL...

and yes i have noticed all the leo risings carry their weight on the upper half, long legs and their shoulders tend to be broad as well.

i have a cousin who is a double sag with her venus exact same degree as her ascendant and she is a knockout

my grandma is a cancer/pluto/moon rising and she is the definition of a cancer rising (dont forget moon is on her asc too) so she has a round pale face, blue eyes, very pretty. she looked like a move star when she was young. i have noticed cancer risings have a very natural pretty face and they always wear minimal makeup.

i dont know if this is appropriate but i have noticed men with venus rising are always well endowed... LOL (sorry i had to say it)

piscesascendant

i dont know if this is appropriate but i have noticed men with venus rising are always well endowed... LOL (sorry i had to say it)

LOL, nothing inappropriate there, I can...um, vouch for that! Venus conjunct Ascendant in Pisces. Venus is exalted in Pisces, so that might..."explain" your observation, LOL!

Funny how people "notice these things" even through astrology!

VENUS

lol. an astrologer from greece told me the mars aspects show how the person is in sex, and even told me how you can tell the size!

VENUS

mars placement, and aspects
he didnt tell me every single one, but heres what i know so far.

when it touches jupiter makes it bigger. when it touches moon makes it wider and "fatter." lol. saturn it makes it smaller and thinner (especially the conjunction.) (i noticed when it trines saturn makes the person last longer) he also had told me when its square pluto its "brutal." (but i myself noticed that the saturn square and conjunction is the most brutal, but whatever.) when it touches venus the shape is nicer and "prettier." when it touches sun, gives more vitality and energy for sex. mercury makes it longer. not sure about neptune. uranus makes the person like unexpected sex, kinky, and fast.

i know this info might be contradictory, but this info is not from a book and it is from another astrologer, so feel free to put in ur own input. this might even be innapropriate. and this is totally off topic from this thread. so maybe it should be moved or something. ;)