Plz help me figure out my Dominant Planet/s

Chart For Posting.gif

Astrology is deep and im just now barely scratching the surface... All I knew was Sun in Gemini and thought that was it!~ :whistling: yeaaaaa

Well now that I actually have a chart things are starting to make more sense but for some reason cannot figure out my DPs... they look so varied... i dunno...apparently I am Locomotive/Hourglass with an Angular Grand Water Trine (3 Planets)/Grand Kite because Hourglass Opposition is on Angles too...???

Can I get a Guru over here?? Plz :sad:

Walter Pullen Delinetion Chart

Planet: Position Aspects Total Rank Percent
Sun: 35.0 ( 6) + 12.9 ( 5) = 47.9 ( 7) / 7.5%
Moon: 50.0 ( 4) + 9.5 ( 9) = 59.5 ( 5) / 9.3%
Mercury: 81.0 ( 1) + 28.1 ( 1) = 109.1 ( 1) / 17.0%
Venus: 40.0 ( 5) + 21.8 ( 4) = 61.8 ( 4) / 9.6%
Mars: 33.5 ( 7) + 3.5 (10) = 37.0 ( 9) / 5.8%
Jupiter: 67.5 ( 2) + 10.9 ( 8) = 78.4 ( 3) / 12.2%
Saturn: 30.0 ( 8) + 25.5 ( 2) = 55.5 ( 6) / 8.6%
Uranus: 13.5 (12) + 11.8 ( 6) = 25.3 (10) / 3.9%
Neptune: 58.5 ( 3) + 23.1 ( 3) = 81.6 ( 2) / 12.7%
Pluto: 30.0 ( 9) + 11.8 ( 7) = 41.8 ( 8) / 6.5%
Chiron: 22.0 (10) + 0.0 (11) = 22.0 (11) / 3.4%
Node: 22.0 (11) + 0.0 (12) = 22.0 (12) / 3.4%
Total: 483.0 + 158.8 = 641.8 / 100.0%

Sign: Power Rank Percent - Element Power Percent
Aries: 31.2 ( 9) / 4.9% - Fire: 134.4 / 20.9%
Taurus: 12.4 (12) / 1.9% - Earth: 141.0 / 22.0%
Gemini: 101.3 ( 2) / 15.8% - Air: 178.9 / 27.9%
Cancer: 40.8 ( 7) / 6.4% - Water: 187.4 / 29.2%
Leo: 25.7 (11) / 4.0%
Virgo: 50.2 ( 5) / 7.8% - Mode Power Percent
Libra: 49.3 ( 6) / 7.7% - Cardinal: 199.8 / 31.1%
Scorpio: 35.5 ( 8) / 5.5% - Fixed: 101.9 / 15.9%
Sagittarius: 77.5 ( 4) / 12.1% - Mutuable: 340.1 / 53.0%
Capricorn: 78.4 ( 3) / 12.2%
Aquarius: 28.3 (10) / 4.4%
Pisces: 111.1 ( 1) / 17.3%
Total: 641.8 / 100

This says Mercury is 1st and Neptune 2nd and Jupiter 3rd. How can this be? If my Mercury is in 12th house and combust Sun and Neptune is a retrograde Outer Planet?? Also Jupiter is in Pisces Dom, and Mars is Exalt in Capricorn House 8 with no hards aspects though this charts shows me having a weak Mars... Only thing that makes sense to me is the Chart Mode ---> Mutuable

Last edited:

sibylline

There are several ways of calculating dominant planets. What you listed is the Astrodienst/Pullen way. You can do a search on here for other ways.

waybread

I would go for your Jupiter in Pisces in the 10th house. Planetary strength is usually a concern of more traditional forms of astrology. Modern astrology tends to see planets working differently in different signs and houses, but not necessarily better or worse.

In a more traditional framework, Jupiter is the ruler of Pisces; I. e., domiciled ("at home") in Pisces. (Neptune is the modern ruler of Pisces.) The 10th and first houses are considered to be the strongest houses in the chart, moreover.

Mercury in Gemini is also domiciled, but traditional astrologers would see its proximity to the sun and 12th house location to deduct a few points from it. Traditionally we could also give points to your exalted Mars in Capricorn. In modern astrology, you would also have Pluto domiciled in Scorpio. But the houses for these just wouldn't be quite up there with the 10th.

Thank you guys so much for the responses! :joyful: @Waybread Thanks so much for helping me clear that up! Sooo Jupiter and Venus should have more strength than what the pullen chart says? ok got it. Im very curious about that exalt mars as well.... How could it come into play with Jupiter 10th house Mid Heaven conjunct in Pisces being its only aspect???? Mars is drive right?

Im an Electrician about to go back to school for Engineering but I also Sing, Rap, Write Music and Short Scripts, I also enjoy editing film and acting (Jupiter and Venus??).... I guess my question is, do I follow my dreams and passions or be more practical?

waybread

Well, if money is at issue, I think engineering is a safer bet than the music or film business, which are highly competitive and often don't pay very well.

Have you ever thought of a legal career? (No? OK, then!) Jupiter is one of the rulers of the law as a field of study, and the 7th house rules litigation. With Jupiter in your 10th house of career in the sign it rules, your cluster of planets around your 7th house cusp and Mars in the 7th, I'd say you have some talent.

Lawyers generally have some chance to specialize in a sub-field that appeals to them if they practice in a large city. If you google "engineering and the law" or "law and film" or "law and music," see what you come up with.

@Waybread thanks again for the info, and to answer your question about being a Lawyer... Yes! I have thought about that career many times and feel I could possibly be good at it, you really know your stuff man! :biggrin:

Only thing is I have never put any focus towards the field of law, where as I am already a certified technician and electrician with about 1-2 years left on my engineering degree. Also have I put a lot into learning, editing and performing creative arts.

People have often told me I would make a good lawyer, artist, scientist, or teacher, my family thinks the same thing and often tells me to just pick something already....

@Waybread --->

What talent do you think outshines the rest in my chart? If you were 28-32 yrs old what would you do?

All of those careers would be fulfilling to me and the only difference is the time and education required before possibly achieving success in the field.

Thanks again for all your help Waybread,I truly appreciate it!

waybread

Hey, thanks. I think you'd be good at a bunch of things, career-wise. I don't think your background as an electrician or engineer will hurt you in the slightest. Law is a graduate degree, and you may find you have the ability to put several of your interests together. If you don't pursue a music career, for example, you can enjoy it as a hobby. Like famous actors who play in a jazz band on the weekend. With your moon-Neptune opposite Venus, you have an active imagination-- and are probably a real romantic at heart, but these placements just don't scream out "career" to me in the same way.

Please keep in mind that (a) I am only an amateur astrologer, and (b) I don't know you personally, so whatever I write is based entirely on your chart and a couple of your posts. (c) A life is so much more than your career.

With your sun-Mercury-Chiron in the 12th house, you may actually prefer to work behind the scenes. So, for example, if you want to combine music and engineering, see what your electronics skills can do for you.

With Venus in your first house conjunct your ascendant and trine Pluto, you are probably very attractive to other people, whether you are good-looking in a conventional physical way or not. But this attractiveness sort of hides the probability that you deal with some real self-esteem issues (Saturn opposite sun, sun conjunct Chiron, Cancer rising.) This can send confusing signals to other people, and when you have days of attracting a lot of attention, you probably need some time just to go home and cocoon to recharge your batteries.

Your chart is strong enough that you can probably make a success of whatever career you want. However, what is apt to stop you is indecisiveness. Your moods change very quickly, and sometimes an idea that seemed wonderful at one moment seems negative in the next moment.

So the key will be not to pay attention to your changeable moods, but to your decleared goals.

With all good wishes for your journey, W.

Hey, thanks. I think you'd be good at a bunch of things, career-wise. I don't think your background as an electrician or engineer will hurt you in the slightest. Law is a graduate degree, and you may find you have the ability to put several of your interests together. If you don't pursue a music career, for example, you can enjoy it as a hobby. Like famous actors who play in a jazz band on the weekend. With your moon-Neptune opposite Venus, you have an active imagination-- and are probably a real romantic at heart, but these placements just don't scream out "career" to me in the same way.

Please keep in mind that (a) I am only an amateur astrologer, and (b) I don't know you personally, so whatever I write is based entirely on your chart and a couple of your posts. (c) A life is so much more than your career.

With your sun-Mercury-Chiron in the 12th house, you may actually prefer to work behind the scenes. So, for example, if you want to combine music and engineering, see what your electronics skills can do for you.

With Venus in your first house conjunct your ascendant and trine Pluto, you are probably very attractive to other people, whether you are good-looking in a conventional physical way or not. But this attractiveness sort of hides the probability that you deal with some real self-esteem issues (Saturn opposite sun, sun conjunct Chiron, Cancer rising.) This can send confusing signals to other people, and when you have days of attracting a lot of attention, you probably need some time just to go home and cocoon to recharge your batteries.

Your chart is strong enough that you can probably make a success of whatever career you want. However, what is apt to stop you is indecisiveness. Your moods change very quickly, and sometimes an idea that seemed wonderful at one moment seems negative in the next moment.

So the key will be not to pay attention to your changeable moods, but to your decleared goals.

With all good wishes for your journey, W.

@Waybread, Thanks again friend!, you have helped me more than you can imagine with this post. Amateur astrologist or not you know your stuff and explained exactly how I feel. I literally wish I could do everything,but I know it is not possible. LoL

I think your right though Waybread, i think I'm going to have to do some of these things on the side. As far as the attraction thing, I always have had beautiful women for Ltr in my life and my wife is exceptionally beautiful (people ask her why she's with me... ) and I have lost friends due to jealousy I could feel in thier tone or minor actions. I have become more introverted over the years due to getting these bad vibes from people.

Waybread why can I feel if someone is against me or with me right away even if they try to hide it?

waybread

Thank you for the positive feedback.

I'd chalk up your sense of other people to your moon-Neptune on your descendant. This makes you kind of a psychic sponge for other people's feelings.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

I'd chalk up your sense of other people to your moon-Neptune on your descendant. This makes you kind of a psychic sponge for other people's feelings.

Wow so that must be where I get those crazy gut feelings and hunches from too lol!Good to know. :)

@Waybread Thanks again my friend, your advice over this last week has been a tremendous help to say the least. You literally answered all of my questions in such an intelligent and polite manner, I truly appreciate it. I have felt myself changing over the last few years and have become more intuitive and introverted it seems. I began looking within for a path to change my life, and believe me.. God, astrology and astrologers like you have really helped me to understand these changes, as well as bring them full circle to use as strengths! I Wish I could up vote or promote you! Lol

I can only hope more people who need help figuring out thier lives or who need guidance in finding themselves come across helpful and wise people like yourself along thier path to inner peace! You will make a difference!

theV

Neptune is your strongest planet scoring 65 power in solargold fire report. The chart is locomative with venus as the lead planet darn boi are you sexy?

Last edited:
Neptune is your strongest planet scoring 65 power in solargold fire report. The chart is locomative with venus as the lead planet darn boi are you sexy?

Neptune being strong definitely makes sense too. As @Waybread explained my tendency to be dreamy and indecisive at times is definitely Neptune.

Venus leading locomotive grand trine pluto and Jupiter on angles should be stronger though right?? I don't know... is my chart pattern considered to be a Water/Earth Kite or Grand water trine? If it's a kite then neptune being the opposition would definitely give it strength.

As for me being sexy?? Well the wifey and her friends seem to think so lol!! :whistling: I have never been rated though so I have no idea how I appeal to a larger audience. Thanks for the response, much appreciated:biggrin: @theV

sasa62

The strongest position is also the weakest point
Your most important planets
Mo, So, Me, Ju, and Ve

Venus is important here as a planet in the Ascendant. a very important position.

To understand why this is also a weak point refer to to 2010-2011 when that Venus was activated :smile:

The strongest position is also the weakest point
Your most important planets
Mo, So, Me, Ju, and Ve

Venus is important here as a planet in the Ascendant. a very important position.

To understand why this is also a weak point refer to to 2010-2011 when that Venus was activated :smile:

Is SO=Sun? If so, I'm now confused because my sun seems so weak in 12th...thnx for the reply @Sasa62:smile:

P. S I am new to this so can you please elaborate on why my venus is both strong and weak?

Last edited:

sasa62

Is SO=Sun? If so, I'm now confused because my sun seems so weak in 12th...thnx for the reply @Sasa62:smile:

The strength and importance does not derive from the position of the planets. It is important how a planet is essential to a specific individual. It is my view ...

In astrology, it is called the "basic structure"

The basic structure are:
Sun and / or its dispositor
Moon and / or its dispositor
ruler of Asc
Planet close to or on the Asc

That's why I mentioned 2010-2011, although in practice since 2007 have been major changes in the field of personality and on an emotional level ...

So I think it is for you the most important axis Venus - Moon

sasa62

P. S I am new to this so can you please elaborate on why my venus is both strong and weak?

If a basic structure for example capricorn, it's his and good and the bad side, because when they get stressful moments then people bursting at the seams ... for Capricorn this is hair or skin or bones etc etc ... see how the characteristic capricorn has trouble of this nature...