The Wonderful Ages of Aquarius - the Salvation of Humanity

david starling

The tropical Aquarian Age hasn't begun yet, and even if (as some believe) the sidereal Aquarian Age has already begun, the trauma that humanity has suffered, and is suffering, from the Saturn/Mars rulership power during this tropical Age of Capricorn, is going to take many years of recovery.
Post-traumatic stress and all that. Once we get past the PTSD, it will be smooth sailing.
Text only, please.

Last edited:

david starling

If we take India's "Yugas" concept into account, this extremely rare convergence of tropical and sidereal Aquarian Ages couldn't occur at a better time--the worst of them, the "Kali Yuga", is ending.

conspiracy theorist

What is it about the sign Aquarius that you see this convergence as aligning with the new golden age of Hindu fame? It's interesting that the Satya Yuga is the golden age, and some philosophers have aligned this age with Saturn. Also Saturn's connection with gold and solar motifs (lions for example) goes a ways back, notably in alchemy. We know that Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius.

Last edited:

david starling

What is it about the sign Aquarius that you see this convergence as aligning with the new golden age of Hindu fame? It's interesting that the Satya Yuga is the golden age, and some philosophers has aligned this age with Saturn. Also Saturn's connection with gold and solar motifs (lions for example) goes a ways back, notably in alchemy. We know that Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius.

Saturn's metal is lead, not gold.
Alchemy was famous for the ability to transform lead into gold, so if you stick with Traditionalistic Western astrology, the transition from tropical Age of Capricorn into Aquarius would follow that example. Saturn will become another Greater Benefic, like Jupiter.

david starling

In 12/12, I noticed that Mercury, god of alchemy, is the "Motivational-ruler" of Aquarius. This fits in perfectly with the mental-alchemy of transforming Saturn from lead to gold, and will be a necessity for the Age of Aquarius, Modernistic as well as Traditionalistic.

conspiracy theorist

Do you have anything to share regarding the polarity of Capricorn-Cancer pertaining more to "matter" (Moon as Earth, Sublunary Realm, "Yesod") and Aquarius-Leo pertaining more to "spirit" (Sun, spirit, "God", "Tiphareth"). In both cases the planetary polarity is luminary-Saturn with classical rulerships, where the first polarity is a tension between Saturn & Moon, and the latter as Saturn & Sun (Nigredo to Rubedo?). How do you see the polarities working, generally speaking, in any astrological age?

As far as I'm aware, your views are that Saturn really doesn't have anything to do with Aquarius, but I find exploring the more traditional connections regarding your theory fruitful, and I want to hear how you might contextualize more ancient ideas with that of your very modern theory. Saturn may be the greater malefic, but the ancients also saw the planet as being the holder of occult knowledge & wisdom, also the hard won wisdom of old age and a life engaged "realistically". Saturn is also said to do better in its diurnal domicile. Wouldn't an age where the better face of Saturn reigned be at least a more optimistic age than the tropical Capricorn age that we are currently under? How about the change of sidereal Pisces to Aquarius? What would be expected from that change?

I know you mentioned that you want to wait until Jupiter went direct before you did a comprehensive thread on your astrological ages theory, but I figure you wouldn't mind these sorts of questions no matter the astrological weather. And since you made a thread countering the more pessimistic view, it would be enlightening to see in what way your conception of the Aquarian ages paints a more positive picture.

conspiracy theorist

Depends on who you call "traditionalist". Alchemy grew in the same cultural milieu and the premise of that art contradicts "once a malefic, always a malefic", since the journey begins with Saturn & lead.

david starling

In 12/12, the tropical Age of Libra was Blest; Ao Scorpio was Afflicted; Ao Sagittarius, Exalted; and Ao Capricorn, Purposeful. That sense of purpose requires obstacles and enemies. The Aquarian Age will be one of Facilitation. No enemies.

conspiracy theorist

"As regards the Saturn/lead equation, it should be noted that although astrologically Saturn is a malefic planet of whom only the worst is expected, he is also a purifier, because true purity is attained only through repentance and expiation of sins. Thus Meister Eckhart says in his sermon on the text, "For the powers of heaven shall be shaken" (Luke 21:26): "Further we must note how (God) has decked the natural heavens with seven planets, seven noble stars which are nearer to us than the rest. The first is Saturn, then comes Jupiter, then Mars, and then the Sun; after that comes Venus, and then Mercury, and then the Moon. Now when the soul becomes a spiritual heaven, our Lord will deck her with these same stars spiritually, as St. John saw in his Apocalypse when he espied the King of Kings seated upon the throne of the majesty of God, and having seven stars in his hand. Know that the first star , Saturn, is the purger... In the heaven of the soul Saturn becomes of angelic purity, bringing as reward the vision of God, as our Lord said, "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." (Evans, I, p. 168)

It is in this sense that Saturn should be understood here. Cf. Vigenerus ("De igne et sale," Theatr. chem., VI, p. 76): "Lead signifies the vexations and troubles wherewith God visits us and brings us back to repentance. For as lead burns up and removes all the imperfections of the metals, for which reason Boethus the Arab called it the water of sulphur, so likewise tribulation in this life cleanses us from the many blemishes which we have incurred: wherefore St. Ambrose calls it the key of heaven"

pg 335n Mysterium Coniunctionis

conspiracy theorist

They have agreed-upon attitudes, for the most part.

These attitudes don't encompass the wider tradition, as I see it. I think a lot of the attitudes are actually a reaction to the new age ideas that came immediately before the resurgence of this brand of traditionalism. (could be related to the Neptune/Uranus conjunction in Capricorn?)

david starling

These attitudes don't encompass the wider tradition, as I see it. I think a lot of the attitudes are actually a reaction to the new age ideas that came immediately before the resurgence of this brand of traditionalism. (could be related to the Neptune/Uranus conjunction in Capricorn?)

Interesting conjecture. There's something they find very offensive about Modernistic astrology.

conspiracy theorist

I think the traditional vs. modern debates are ultimately a waste of time. If I desire, I can put on the requisite blinders and play on either side of the divide skillfully. Anyway, I'd be interested to see the development of your ideas on the Age of Aquarius, and more detail on your 12/12 conception of Aquarius and why this will be a new golden age, as you theorize. Jupiter direct can't come quickly enough.

Last edited: