Thread: River Phoenix
View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2016, 07:26 PM

Re: River Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMiaMia View Post
Hi, here is the Joaquin Phoenix thread : http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=97363

I donīt know much about him, but boy does he have a focussed chart, very Scorpio! Interesting is Joaquinīs Neptune in the 3rd, maybe itīs related to siblings doing drugs? I feel extremely bad for him, especially since Iīve read that he was in the middle of the drama of Riverīs passing.
Hi Mia, Oh goodie on Joaquin's chart I will take a look at it.
For sibling info I tend to look at Mercury and its aspects, but yes 3h is something to look as well.

Quote:
Itīs so sad to read that, since it really becomes clear how not just one person (although I agree totally with you, River did decide himself to take the drugs) but a whole environment became so toxic, those in his life at that time clearly didnīt care about him or themselves in the right ways.

I appreciate your extensive analysis, itīs really so much good info that I feel I could use it in other readings if I change the Planets up, thanks for that!

To be honest, I didnīt want to accept that he hadnīt been hurt with premeditation by others, maybe because Iīve read some sinister things about Johnny Deppīs alleged (!) jealousy, but this is way more realistic, since it seems like the horrible hollywood cocktail of vulnerable person and thoughtless entourage.
Bingo

Quote:
Iīve just read up on it to refresh my memory, and itīs admittedly not as dark as I remember it, itīs more about the Moon in the 29th signifying the end of a cycle and the urgency tied to learning itīs lesson before itīs too late.

Those are just some of the stuff google has sprung up with, but here is an interesting forum if you want more of a discussion : http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=44561
Many thanks for the info. Yes 29 degrees has that feel to it, last chance to learn what you need to learn, so make the time count.

Quote:
I wondered about this meaning because his Moon not only influences his relationships (7th) but also rules his spirituality (9th). /Just a note on his 9th: his PoF sits there I wonder if focussing more on his beliefs and making them true instead of a facade, like you said, would have made his life easier, though maybe he learned hypocrisy and duality so early that it didnīt occur to him?
Yes, good point Mia. Perhaps that was the way out of the insanity. Finally learning his own inner value system, inner core and spirituality. Instead of all the pretend and being what others wanted him to be. Sadly, he didn't get there in time.

Quote:
, the financial aspect of taurus makes me wonder if it relates to his materially driven relationship with his mother, and possibly females that liked the riches and fame about him.
Reports state that River and his siblings were raised in abject poverty and from an early age were forced to beg and perform on the street to make a living. So we can see his value was about earning money for his parents and learning to present in a way that maximized profit.

Quote:
Your comment on the IC got me very interested in that part of the chart (itīs easy to ignore it compared to the MC, but I guess they work together). Aquarius is a somewhat emotionally absent sign, so maybe there was a deeper disconnect in his early days? Interesting how that adds to the Leo-Aqua line and finally his actor-prone MC.
If you look at a chart, you can see that the IC is the base. It anchors the entire chart.
It is much more than than just family and home, it is the root of the innermost Self.
It can refer to inner psychological issues (transits to the 4th house and IC can kick up these issues). And also what it is that makes a person feel safe.

And Aq IC is going to need a lot of space, but will need a secure base to return to.
This is also showing how his family valued him from a young age as an independent child who could take care of himself.

Quote:
No doubt he would have gone on to become a household name. His charisma and focus were intense, even when he was allegedly already a frequent user. IIīve seen excerpts from his unfinished last project Dark Blood and he was on point, impressive even and that alongside Judy Davis! Maybe the whole family is so talented because of that initial instability and for children possibly a lack of stable identity and isolation from a larger community. I imagine that they felt like they had to "make up" a role for themselves anyway, so why not professionally as well.
Yes I agree, it is clear that the early childhood experiences and parenting led to their Hollywood success. The ability to be chameleons, etc.

Quote:
: Now I love long posts, so Iīll add something that I just recently discovered and I love it Muses (asteroids, usually 9 but there are so many more tied to creativity).
Here an easy explanation : http://www.astrologyweekly.com/blog/...-in-astrology/
Thanks, will take a look.

Quote:
You mentioned that his musical career was failing, and I noticed that he has Euterpe (music) close to the Asc, so maybe he wanted to be seen as that more than it was his forte in itself?
Yes good point. Here he is so very talented as an actor, and yet he wanted to be a musician and devastated that he was not good enough. Something was driving that need to be seen as a musician.

Quote:
and Erato are both tied to writing, and they are very close to his IC in Aquarius. I wonder if that would have made him a potential writer, or just someone who had a lot of influence from literature when he was young?
His biography states that he spent a great deal of his childhood handing out religious literature from the cult his family belonged to.

Quote:
conjunct his Urania : his claim to fame (imprint on history) related to his mystical qualities, which I feel would become intensified by its place in Sag. Maybe that was his "gift", since itīs in the 2nd, the fame and the connection to deeper, invisible truths, and perhaps it added to his mystique?

Now what made me really happy is his Neptune conjunct very tightly to Melpomene! This is the muse of acting and theater Adds to this mysterious, chameleonic but intense quality, and practically guarantees acting talent, since Neptune is the expert when it comes to film related business. The emphasis of this Muse is TRAGIC storytelling by the way, and that just makes sense with his career as well as the story of his life.
Very interesting, and yes a tragic talented artistic star.

Ok, now just because I can :
[/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
MiaMiaMia (09-13-2016)