Power in chart not pluto

Abby83

Of course we see Pluto as representing power, closely followed by mars and sun. But I’m thinking there could be another way of seeing your power.

I did tarot asking where my power lies. I asked twice, and on both occasions I got a card that represents sag and Jupiter. Surprise surprise, I’m jupiter dominant. Could this then mean, that my jupiter sag qualities are my biggest power? That our dominant shows our power?

Whoam1

I think another way of asking is to what planet is weak, and the only planets that are weak are the ones not specficly strong in our charts, ie yes if jupiter is your dominant it would show your strongest/biggest power.

Abby83

I think another way of asking is to what planet is weak, and the only planets that are weak are the ones not specficly strong in our charts, ie yes if jupiter is your dominant it would show your strongest/biggest power.

Thank you for confirming your thoughts. From now on I'm going to focus on the dominants to see where ppls power and strength lies.

Abby83

What sign is your Jupiter in, Abby? Its in-sect (so on your team).

Jupiter is in sag 1st house conjunct Uranus and moon and Neptune is also in sag and south node. Wow, that's a lot. And I still struggle to turn sad and bad situations into positive ones.

Whoam1

Jupiter is in sag 1st house conjunct Uranus and moon and Neptune is also in sag and south node. Wow, that's a lot. And I still struggle to turn sad and bad situations into positive ones.

Sag isn't the happy planet. It's the expansion planet, just like Saturn isn't the sad planet, it's the regression planet. Our depression can become expansive, just as our happiness can regress.

Abby83

Sag isn't the happy planet. It's the expansion planet, just like Saturn isn't the sad planet, it's the regression planet. Our depression can become expansive, just as our happiness can regress.

So if Jupiter in sag is my power, what power do you think I have eg sag qualities. I always thought this was the positive sign full of indulgence in every sphere - that includes eating and physical activity and travel. Perhaps I better research the qualities

Whoam1

So if Jupiter in sag is my power, what power do you think I have eg sag qualities. I always thought this was the positive sign full of indulgence in every sphere - that includes eating and physical activity and travel. Perhaps I better research the qualities

I have a tropical sag rising, Sidereal sag Sun. I don't much like the sign. It is the best, the army archer, aiming to expand, pointing it's bow at the heavens and doing any thing to get on top. It isn't this hippy dippy clown that modern astrology trys to make it, yes sag like any sign can be fun, but you can't honestly tell me that it was put in the sky with a bow as a man-horse to be a clown [I mean you can I just don't believe you.]

But yes you are right in that sag is like consumption, it eats little bits and pieces of all kinds of food and doesn't stop or get full for an extended amount if time.

Physical activity is in the realm of mars [Aries, and Scorpio] also Capricorn is individual sport. However sag is your triathlon kind of sign. Travel is Sag and Pisces [Pisces beat sag out because they wander where as Sag explores].

Jupiter in Sag makes Jupiter strong, only luminaries [and Mars] make the sign expressive. However if you have a luminary or Mars acting tightly on that Jupiter then it will be most definetly more expressive as will sag in your specfic case. [Check Semi-squares and sesqui-squares too, I don't like them personally, but it appears to be like a square with a different angle number [45,135].

Abby83

Haha good interpretation.

Yeah when I look at the archer I think, hey, he's master of the game or battle. But then I laugh cos he does kinda look funny being half man half horse. To me this shows an open mind. Like he could seriously be anything. Perhaps that's why I'm so confused. Thanks.

Abby83

I also agree about sag being the triathlon sign. I can not only do physical triathlon. But food triathlon too ;).

Abby83

Returning back to this thread...

I'm super happy after discovering that jupiter sag is where my power lies. I've been focusing on the following - positivity, emotional abundance, laughter, comedies, fun, travel, outdoors, teaching and leadership. And more interesting is how the Jupiter colour green has increased my level of luck in business and with my children and home life and even sex life. It's given me total power in my life after losing it over the last 8 years.

Cary2

Banned
Many people speak of power in terms of power over others, or domination. Actually, I think that represents corruption, not power.

Power is the capacity to do what you wish to do.

I agree there are various planets besides Pluto who seem to offer some power.

Jupiter is not often mentioned. Jupiter offers high rank, prestige, or financial weight. These things can facilitate power.

Mars if forceful and usually direct and obvious.

Pluto like Mars can be forceful, but prefers reserve and subtlety. Pluto is more determined than Mars. But Mars/Pluto is most determined.

Aspects like Quintile and bi-quintile have a Pluto-like vibration. Conjunctions have a Mars-like vibration.

Then we could consider that advantage is power. Mercury is the power of discernment, communication, and logic etc, etc, etc....

Last edited:

Abby83

Thank you for your reply. I very much agree with what you've said.

I've noticed in other people's chart that their dominant planet gives them power as well. So even venus can be powerful :).

greybeard

Even the "weak" planets in a chart can be "powers" under proper circumstances.

Unemphasized planets exert subtle influences that affect our life, often unconsciously due their lack of prominence. Unconscious forces appear as fated occurrences.

Remember, for want of a nail the shoe was lost....

Last edited: