Can the natal chart show the probability of sexual abuse?

applesandlilacs

I've read a hodgepodge of ideas. I know that Mars, Venus, and Pluto are involved. Some sites and books say there are asteroids involved.

I know it's chart specific, but are there some general things to look for?

Gratitude,
Amber

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
I've read a hodgepodge ideas. I know the Mars, Venus, and Pluto are involved. Some sites and book say there are asteroids involved.

Gratitude,
Amber
Look for hard aspects with Saturn, Pluto, orcus , nessus.any of these conjunct the nodes are likely. This is a brief out line. If you have a specific chart you are concerned with, post it.
rahu

WeirdLibra

I've read a hodgepodge ideas. I know the Mars, Venus, and Pluto are involved. Some sites and book say there are asteroids involved.

Gratitude,
Amber

its about 8th house. search for it. Stellium in 8th house can cause that too

applesandlilacs

This is my chart. I added the suggestions from this post and from research I did. I put asteroids I read were relevant to the topic. If you need actual background events to go off of I can provide them. I appreciate the input.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1480224126454.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1480224126454.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 121

applesandlilacs

Look for hard aspects with Saturn, Pluto, orcus , nessus.any of these conjunct the nodes are likely. This is a brief out line. If you have a specific chart you are concerned with, post it.
rahu

Could you offer a little clarification, please. Are you saying in hard aspect to each other or any planets or points?

rahu

Banned
Could you offer a little clarification, please. Are you saying in hard aspect to each other or any planets or points?
It is to complicated to itemize on a post. But looking at the chart, there are some indication of abuse but not really any of the definitive patterns.
Pluto /orcus midpoint is conjunct the node and the mars /provide midpoint is conjunct nessus. I am on a mobile so I am having trouble seeing the exact degrees. I ll look it over when I get on a PC. But for right now I can't see definitively that abuse is present.
rahu

aquarius7000

This is my chart. I added the suggestions from this post and from research I did. I put asteroids I read were relevant to the topic. If you need actual background events to go off of I can provide them. I appreciate the input.
Hi,

Thank you firstly for posting your chart. However, can you please post another chart, natal without the asteroids? Believe me, nothing that a good astrologer cannot see in the mainstream planets, he will be able to extract from asteroids.

If you like, I can look at your natal chart first. Then, if you feel comfortable, we can look at the transits and progressions of 'the event' itself.

rahu

Banned
hi on further study there are elements of sexual abuse in the chart.
the pluto/orcus midpoint is conjunct the node. pluto is square Nessus and the satrun/chiron midpoint is conjunct dejanira. Saturn/ Orcus midpoint is conjunct the sun.
your Saturn is square to Neptune ,so any sexual abuse eas likely connected to using alcohol. alcholo and sexual abuse is very common as it leads to lack of memory in many cases.

for about 20m years a did charts of mostly recovering alcoholics in a alcoholics anonymous program. fully 955 of the women has sexual abuse connected with their alcoholic history.

some astrologer's believe that one should only use the traditional planets of the sun through Saturn and ignore neptune, Uranus and pluto. other astrologer's who do believe ignorance is bliss have researched asteroids. some of which have been researched from before the discovery of Neptune and pluto.

any astrologer who has to criticize other astrologers to inflate their perceived abilities are charlatans .
rahu

applesandlilacs

hi on further study there are elements of sexual abuse in the chart.
the pluto/orcus midpoint is conjunct the node. pluto is square Nessus and the satrun/chiron midpoint is conjunct dejanira. Saturn/ Orcus midpoint is conjunct the sun.
your Saturn is square to Neptune ,so any sexual abuse eas likely connected to using alcohol. alcholo and sexual abuse is very common as it leads to lack of memory in many cases.

for about 20m years a did charts of mostly recovering alcoholics in a alcoholics anonymous program. fully 955 of the women has sexual abuse connected with their alcoholic history.

some astrologer's believe that one should only use the traditional planets of the sun through Saturn and ignore neptune, Uranus and pluto. other astrologer's who do believe ignorance is bliss have researched asteroids. some of which have been researched from before the discovery of Neptune and pluto.

any astrologer who has to criticize other astrologers to inflate their perceived abilities are charlatans .
rahu

Thank-you so much for your repeated input, it's greatly appreciated. I guess the obvious statement is "I was sexual abused." Early years (most prominent), high school, and early twenties.

I can see were alcohol would come into play in my high school years, I would drink to be comfortable with sex. I was never a consistent drinker, or partier, but when I did drink it wasn't sips. I don't like not being in control of my person, so I hardly drink at all now.

I know this might sound weird, but I know I emit some type of sexual vibe. It's very prominent when I'm skinny (that's why I stay fat). I don't know if that's the Scorpio rising or what. It's frustrating because it's not on a conscious level, so I'm having a hard time keeping it under wraps. Also, by no means am I blaming myself, I just think it adds to the intensity of their obsessiveness. I haven't been in a relationship in 6 years because 1. I don't know if it's me or this thing I give off, 2. I don't trust easy at all. The point I'm not getting to is "I wanted to know where my weak points are, so I can fixes or counter them", and you have helped a great deal. I'm new to the midpoint thing, so I have to do some research.

Thanks again,

Amber

applesandlilacs

This is a simpler one. I left three things other than planets: Part of Fortune, Chiron, and Lilith.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.17523.6350.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.17523.6350.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 72

waybread

I am not convinced there is just one signature for surviving sexual abuse. The incidence of the most comprehensive term-- sexual assault-- is actually pretty high among women. Something like one in five girls is the victim of childhood sexual abuse. Statistically, they can't all have the same one horoscope diagnostic.

With your sun conjunct Venus sextile your Scorpio ascendant, I can see why you might attract men!

But are you saying you drank in high school to be comfortable with sex? At what age? Was this consensual, really and truly, or was there something not so wonderful behind this? Were you abused sexually or otherwise as a child? (No, you don't have to answer my questions, and I apologize if they offend you-- but I am trying to think through your chart and behaviour.

The main question for me is whether you are getting some good therapy to deal with sexual trauma.

applesandlilacs

I am not convinced there is just one signature for surviving sexual abuse. The incidence of the most comprehensive term-- sexual assault-- is actually pretty high among women. Something like one in five girls is the victim of childhood sexual abuse. Statistically, they can't all have the same one horoscope diagnostic.

With your sun conjunct Venus sextile your Scorpio ascendant, I can see why you might attract men!

But are you saying you drank in high school to be comfortable with sex? At what age? Was this consensual, really and truly, or was there something not so wonderful behind this? Were you abused sexually or otherwise as a child? (No, you don't have to answer my questions, and I apologize if they offend you-- but I am trying to think through your chart and behaviour.

The main question for me is whether you are getting some good therapy to deal with sexual trauma.

I'm not offended. I'm a pretty straightforward person, so I don't get offended easily and I've always been comfortable with deep questions. I'm just more comfortable talking about events than my feelings about said events.

Anywhosit, onto the questions.
1. I was 17 when I started drink so I could be less uncomfortable when having sex. There is some layers to this. Being teased for not having sex had played a part. And, it's weird because I'm not typically a peer pressure kinda gal, but I know I drank because I was not ready to have sex. I was molested off and on for 3 to 4 years (4 to 8) by a teenage boy, whose father was friends with my Dad. Then in High School a boy had sex with me while I was sleeping, I woke up halfway through (crazy thing I didn't realize this was rape till I was 30), and the last one is weird, I consented, but it has always made me feel gross. I took off my bra, so he thought I wanted to have sex with him, he was very aggressive, and before I knew it we had sex. I have had encounters were I have said no, and they have respected my decision, so I have had both positive and negative encounters.

I have only slept with one man sober (9 sexual partners). That sounds bad, ugh. One reason for this is I have never felt the need to be in a relationship for any reason. I don't seek it out, and it's not a theme to my all over story.

I had consulting all through my teens and early twenties. Consciously, I'm good. Subconsciously, I think my inner self is keeping me fat thinking it's going to keep bad things from happening. Logically that doesn't make sense, but your inner child is not your higher mind. I know what I need to do, I just don't know how to do it. I need to not be afraid of my sexuality, and I need to feel power over my physical person.

This is why I've been looking at my chart trying to figure out a way to approach it. Like I said above I'm not looking, but if it happens I want to be open to the experience.

Thank-you,

Amber

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Thank you for posting a less crowded chart with just the planets.

The first thing that hit me is your Mars in Cancer, in aspect with both Moon and Saturn in Virgo. So, firstly, it could be that the close conjunction between Moon and Saturn and then with Mars in the play makes you a bit inhibited when it comes to your physical side and expressing your emotions (Moon) through getting physical (Mars). This gets a little more complicated through Mars (sexual desire) being in Cancer (its sign of Fall), where it cannot express itself the way it wants to (hot and fiery).

You also have Moon-Uranus, which means there could be something different/strange about sexual encounters. With Uranus in the 1st house, these could have to do with your childhood. You also have Pluto-Mars, which is often manipulative or forced sex, or it could also mean deep-seated fears about physical intimacies.

I am not so sure about your not wanting to be in a relationship. I think the issue lies more in the fact that you might have difficulty in expressing your feelings (Moon-Saturn). Your 7th house ruler is Venus which is in Leo, is conjunct Jupiter. I do think you will have a couple of long relationships (I don't mean flings).

Would you say you have a stable parental home? Also, I know you didn't ask this, but how is your career doing?

aquarius7000

I agree. One signature is usually not enough. In fact, a good astrologer would be able to present at least 3 constellations (placements and aspects) to explain something.

Waybread, the Sun is in Virgo, whilst Venus is still in Leo, so don't think we can call that a conjunction anymore, as both are enveloped in two rather different types of energies (Leo and Virgo).

waybread

A7000, I do modern natal astrology, which allows out-of-sign aspects, in recognizing that they behave differently. The more classical, traditional astrologers disregard them.

A & L, it is interesting that you mention weight gain, because I'd read some time ago that child victims of sexual abuse are apt to put on weight-- understanding it as a defense strategy. It is as though the abuse might not have happened, had the child been physically a bigger person.

While I am good with "large and lovely," if you're at a stage in your life where you want to lose weight as a sensible health measure, I wonder if you cannot kill two birds with one stone. Mars is the traditional ruler of your rising sign, and it rules athletics. I wonder if taking up a martial art might help with your body image as well as make your inner child feel that your adult self is able to protect her.

You may have a favourite athletic activity already, but I note that Mars in Cancer has that crab's sense of self-defense (with its shell and claws.) The 9th house deals with mind-expanding activities, which makes me think of the Asian philosophy behind its martial arts. (Remember Mr. Miyagi's wisdom in The Karate Kid?)

If you don't focus on your weight so much as learning a martial art, you might find that this "choice centered" approach to astrology can create some momentum for you.

To me, your moon-Saturn conjunction suggests emotional parsimony-- the ability to get by on very few emotional strokes. Then there's Chiron in the 7th. For now, if you're happy in your solo state, maybe now is a good time to concentrate on your wellness and healing.

AppLeo

I've read a hodgepodge of ideas. I know that Mars, Venus, and Pluto are involved. Some sites and books say there are asteroids involved.

Gratitude,
Amber

I don't think you can really tell if someone will get abused if they have a certain chart placement.

Plus, there's multiple chart aspects or placements that can point to sexual abuse or not at all because many similar aspects can manifest differently. Aspects just tell you the core theme of the problem, but not the actual detailed problem.

Mars-Pluto - can point to sexual abuse or something completely different
Mars-Venus - can point to sexual abuse or something completely different
Mars in the 8th - can point to sexual abuse or something completely different
Moon-Pluto - can point to sexual abuse or something completely different
Any "abuse" asteroid conjunct a personal planet - can or not at all

The list goes on and on...

Not only that, but we always have a choice with what we do with our energies. We could have placements that point to sexual abuse, but how we deal with those energies (and not to mention other people and how they deal with their energies) can severely influence the outcome of what happens. Some people around you may have aspects that either activate or deactivate your own aspects through synastry.

applesandlilacs

Hi,

Thank you for posting a less crowded chart with just the planets.

The first thing that hit me is your Mars in Cancer, in aspect with both Moon and Saturn in Virgo. So, firstly, it could be that the close conjunction between Moon and Saturn and then with Mars in the play makes you a bit inhibited when it comes to your physical side and expressing your emotions (Moon) through getting physical (Mars). This gets a little more complicated through Mars (sexual desire) being in Cancer (its sign of Fall), where it cannot express itself the way it wants to (hot and fiery).

You also have Moon-Uranus, which means there could be something different/strange about sexual encounters. With Uranus in the 1st house, these could have to do with your childhood. You also have Pluto-Mars, which is often manipulative or forced sex, or it could also mean deep-seated fears about physical intimacies.

I am not so sure about your not wanting to be in a relationship. I think the issue lies more in the fact that you might have difficulty in expressing your feelings (Moon-Saturn). Your 7th house ruler is Venus which is in Leo, is conjunct Jupiter. I do think you will have a couple of long relationships (I don't mean flings).

Would you say you have a stable parental home? Also, I know you didn't ask this, but how is your career doing?

Thank for your reply, it was easy to follow all the aspects, descriptions, and examples.

Mars in Cancer, where do I start. lol! Is it a weird thing for a Virgo to say, "I am NOT a DOER?" Well, unless it's for others. I'm a THINKER through and through. I love ideas, concept, dreams, and contemplation. Explains the insomnia. lol! I will say that when I do follow-through it's beyond expectation, so I guess that's a plus. It takes great effort to get things done, I blame my LOVE of sleep and thought. Fun fact: Neptune in the 2nd house (I don't limit the house of values to money, especially since I hate the stuff) and Sun conjunct Saturn is what sold my skeptical mind on astrology (since I really don't understand the 10th house concentration in my chart). Sun and Saturn you can see very prominently in my personality, emotionally. Well, if your super close to me then you get the talkative, goofy, verbally affectionate (not big on touching), and softer person. Actually, I wouldn't describe myself as hard or cold, more so closed off. I just want a place where I can be naive and loving, so I make it a little harder for people to get there, I don't want to be on guard in my most intimate relationships, I want to be free from the restriction of WORRY, and second guessing myself. Which has been a chronic state for most of my life. Wow, I'm just writing away. Redirect.

The relationship question is a little complicated. I'll try to explain quick and easy. I have this thing, intuition I guess, but I've had it as far as my memories go back. When I was little I would have to feed the homeless person since I could physical feel their hunger. When people would cry, I would fill with sadness or completely overwhelmed by emotions. When people felt joy till they almost burst, I would laugh and feel expansive. There are many more explains. It's why I try to avoid weddings, holiday shopping, funerals, and concerts. Any large or overly emotion event I avoid like the plague. What I'm get at is that I didn't realize till I was almost a teenager that a lot of the feelings I was feeling weren't my own. When I finally got control over it, I realized that a lot of the things I was wanting were other people's hopes and dreams. I just realized that a relationship is not a must have or a must not have for me. Plus, the complication of needing to be attracted to a person on 4 different levels is cumbersome. Well, I was easy, but not so quick.

My parental home is great. My parents have been married since they were 17. They put each other first, which I'm super happy about. Can't have a sturdy house if the foundation is cracked. They give each other gifts WEEKLY, like who has the time for that. They text each other their lunches, EVERYDAY. They are each others best friend, and support each others journey. That all being said, when I was younger there were issues, but they were young. My Dad had a temper (not all the time, just in arguments) when I was younger (slamming doors and yelling during arguments). My Mom can be a little (a lot) defensive. What else can you expect from a Virgo/Scorpio pairing. They are a good example of a working relationship, minus doing projects together. lol!

My career is school at the moment. I went back to college since my first degree was getting me nowhere. It took me a long time to figure out what I was suppose to do since I happen to be good a lot of things (that sounds braggartish, I don't like that) Actually, my Mom signed me up for my first college, and came home with pamphlets on design school. Anywhosit, I'm going back to college for Human Development, specializing in how the mind acquires information. I know whatever I do next has to help the world as a whole, and I have to be my own boss (I'm not good with inapt management). I have a big problem with people who don't practice what they preach.

Sorry, for the marathon. Hopefully you made it this far. lol!

Thank-you again, I can't say it enough.

Be blessed,

Amber

applesandlilacs

A7000, I do modern natal astrology, which allows out-of-sign aspects, in recognizing that they behave differently. The more classical, traditional astrologers disregard them.

A & L, it is interesting that you mention weight gain, because I'd read some time ago that child victims of sexual abuse are apt to put on weight-- understanding it as a defense strategy. It is as though the abuse might not have happened, had the child been physically a bigger person.

While I am good with "large and lovely," if you're at a stage in your life where you want to lose weight as a sensible health measure, I wonder if you cannot kill two birds with one stone. Mars is the traditional ruler of your rising sign, and it rules athletics. I wonder if taking up a martial art might help with your body image as well as make your inner child feel that your adult self is able to protect her.

You may have a favourite athletic activity already, but I note that Mars in Cancer has that crab's sense of self-defense (with its shell and claws.) The 9th house deals with mind-expanding activities, which makes me think of the Asian philosophy behind its martial arts. (Remember Mr. Miyagi's wisdom in The Karate Kid?)

If you don't focus on your weight so much as learning a martial art, you might find that this "choice centered" approach to astrology can create some momentum for you.

To me, your moon-Saturn conjunction suggests emotional parsimony-- the ability to get by on very few emotional strokes. Then there's Chiron in the 7th. For now, if you're happy in your solo state, maybe now is a good time to concentrate on your wellness and healing.

It's funny you should mention martial arts since I was contemplating taking self-defense courses. I started to worry that I was trying too hard to "logic my emotions". I know emotions are like slippery fish, and I didn't want to be ill prepares and make the problem worse. Since, it came to your mind too, I'll will give it a go.

I'm actually super excited. With this suggestion and Lin suggestion in another feed of mine, of Creative Visualization, I feel lighter and less worried.

Thank for the great suggestions!

Blessings,

Amber

aquarius7000

...My parental home is great. My parents have been married since they were 17. They put each other first, which I'm super happy about. Can't have a sturdy house if the foundation is cracked. They give each other gifts WEEKLY, like who has the time for that. They text each other their lunches, EVERYDAY. They are each others best friend, and support each others journey. That all being said, when I was younger there were issues, but they were young. My Dad had a temper (not all the time, just in arguments) when I was younger (slamming doors and yelling during arguments). My Mom can be a little (a lot) defensive. What else can you expect from a Virgo/Scorpio pairing. They are a good example of a working relationship, minus doing projects together. lol!...
Yes, I thought so. The ruler of your 4th house (parental home, roots) is strong and in an Earth sign. I am glad for you because that is rather important in life and gives a child a strong foundation.

My career is school at the moment. I went back to college since my first degree was getting me nowhere. It took me a long time to figure out what I was suppose to do since I happen to be good a lot of things (that sounds braggartish, I don't like that) Actually, my Mom signed me up for my first college, and came home with pamphlets on design school. Anywhosit, I'm going back to college for Human Development, specializing in how the mind acquires information. I know whatever I do next has to help the world as a whole, and I have to be my own boss (I'm not good with inapt management). I have a big problem with people who don't practice what they preach.
Anything where cognitive detail is required is great for you. Per your chart, you should do well career wise.

Sorry, for the marathon. Hopefully you made it this far. lol!
No worries. You do have quite a bit of Leo energy that loves that extra bit of attention:p

virglibeo

Hi! I too was sexually assaulted (by my best friend) this past September. I see some of the things you all have mentioned both in my native chart and in my transits the day I was raped that point to sexual abuse. Would anyone be willing to help me confirm? I will send my chart if anyone is willing. Thank you