Artemis, Diana, and possibly Icarus.

Undo

I tried searching the forums for information on these two asteroids, but no information has come up.

I ask now, ARE Artemis and Diana that similar?

I haven't been able to find much information/keywords on these two beauties, but they seem to be the aspect of survival/preservation.

I'm trying to figure out how these two work and what they essentially do. I also have a major fascination with survival. (ABSURD fascination with it, to be honest.)

Artemis forms no "negative" aspects in my chart.
It's in the 9th House in Aries.
Artemis sextile Venus
Artemis sextile Jupiter
Artemis sextile Chiron
Artemis trine Uranus
Artemis semi-sextile Midheaven.

Diana forms a few "negative" aspects.
It's in the 11th House in Cancer.
Diana semisquare Mercury
Diana opposition Neptune
Diana sextile Pluto

Icarus, if it's similar to the myth of Icarus, I can only guess that it seems to be the asteroid which points to our tendencies for low restrictions.

Icarus in 5th House (Self-Expression/Art/Romance) in Saggitarius (Which sounds like a typical Icarian setup... Sag is expansive/visionary).

Icarus semisextile (somewhat harmonious) Jupiter (luck/philosophy/education).
Icarus semisextile (somewhat harmonious) Uranus (individuality/creativity/eccentricity).
Icarus quintile (harmonious, subtle, unique) Pluto (transformation/rebirth).
Icarus trine (very harmonious) Midheaven (career, how I approach the world).

The last one intrigues and bothers me. I don't want to take a dive like Icarus, Undoian Sea doesn't have the same ring to it. ;)

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
From a philosophical perspective, what usage would there be in having two bodies named after the same deity in one chart?

This is a question that can not only be applied to this situation, but I can think of a couple more instances where this can occur.

Undo

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
From a philosophical perspective, what usage would there be in having two bodies named after the same deity in one chart?

This is a question that can not only be applied to this situation, but I can think of a couple more instances where this can occur.

From a Mythological standpoint.. Diana was Roman, Artemis was Greek. Romans later associated Diana with Selene. Selene and Diana differ, mainly. At least in terms of chastity.

I've also read that the various Goddesses are different face of the moon. IE: New moon is Artemis. Who knows what they are.

Still doesn't really help me as to the keywords for Icarus, Diana, and Artemis. :confused:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
From a Mythological standpoint.. Diana was Roman, Artemis was Greek.

Yes, I'm aware, but their personalities and their myths were largely similar.

Romans later associated Diana with Selene. Selene and Diana differ, mainly. At least in terms of chastity.

Actually, Diana/Artemis later came to supplant Luna/Selene. They weren't really "associated" with one another as one came to largely replace the other. Selene being the daughter of Hyperion and Thea, and Artemis being the daughter of Zeus and Leto.

Still doesn't really help me as to the keywords for Icarus, Diana, and Artemis

Yes, to be bluntly honest, I don't think you're going to find anything like what you are expecting to find, and with that I can sympathize. I used to spend hours flipping through pages of search engines trying to find keywords and frameworks for little-known bodies and mostly turned up empty handed. :( I admire your persistance in your choice to continue looking for information, but I just don't think it's out there for you.

Sorry.

Undo

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Yes, I'm aware, but their personalities and their myths were largely similar.

Actually, Diana/Artemis later came to supplant Luna/Selene. They weren't really "associated" with one another as one came to largely replace the other. Selene being the daughter of Hyperion and Thea, and Artemis being the daughter of Zeus and Leto.

Yes, to be bluntly honest, I don't think you're going to find anything like what you are expecting to find, and with that I can sympathize. I used to spend hours flipping through pages of search engines trying to find keywords and frameworks for little-known bodies and mostly turned up empty handed. :( I admire your persistance in your choice to continue looking for information, but I just don't think it's out there for you.

Sorry.

No need to apologize. The X-Files taught me one thing, the truth IS out there. It depends on how willing you are to find it.

I guess, I'll just have to perform research and experiments on virgin territory.

Both goddesses lived in the wild places, forests and mountaintops, and both goddesses used bow and arrow. There are some impressions that I have about Artemis that are somewhat different and more frightening than Diana. My impression is that Diana was motivated primarily by wanting to give power to the powerless; to equalize the playing field so to speak. She is alert for who to help; who needs assistance, who could be growing toward a better and bigger expression of self if treated in a fair way. She enjoyed her powerful role as a strong woman who used her wits and physical gifts to assist others.

Artemis committed many murders for revenge, spite, jealousy over beauty, and in a very impulsive or vindictive way, for transgressions of rules; laws or even preferences of her friends. Myths about Diana and Artemis are ancient and could have been mistranslated at any point, especially during changes of cultural patterns and governments. It seems that Diana's natural reactions coincide with many of our positive western values of protecting younger more innocent beings, and striking out as a way to insure the safety of those she is trying to protect. She may also use specific tricks to fool those who would harm weaker or less experienced beings.

Apparently Diana is more about helping the powerless by giving them power whereas Artemis is simply about vindiction.