How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

CapAquaPis

I said this many times before in the forum I belonged to in the last 6.5 years, Im a sun and moon Aquarius, and not exactly sure which sign I relate to the best or the most.

With Aries, some astrologers said it's a good match, Aquarians like powerful self-confident alpha people, but Aries are easily prone to anger and temper.

With Taurus, we share a strong liberal stance in social change, but Taurus can be stubborn and tells us they don't really care what we have to say.

With Gemini, an air sign, they have a scientific mindset, however it doesn't mean Geminis are stable and I find them manipulative to strain a partnership.

With Cancer, Aquarians find them to be good friends, not ideal love partners when Cancer keeps coming to us with their multiple emotional problems.

With Leo, our astrological opposite should be our most likely nemesis, not true, I just never thought of them as enemies and no conflict broke out with them.

With Virgo, I never had serious problems with anyone born under the virgin, but they display an attitude we Aquarians just can't tolerate or handle.

With Libra, another air sign, they would naturally be good buddies, then all of a sudden, they turn against us and become the opposite into mortal enemies.

With Scorpio, they're terrible and hard to deal with, and I don't care if some astrologers think we can have fun, a relationship with the scorpion will end badly.

With Sagittarius, I woulda thought they are great people I wanna be with, and I have some cases of conflict, drama and annoyance with anyone a Saggy.

With Capricorn, we share Saturn and Uranus (however, Caps are more under Saturn), but we can't always get along and have internal differences.

and With Pisces, a sign I'm certain to have a platonic or symbionic friendship with, except Pisceans are so busy in lives, they leave us behind in the back.

Now for other Aquarians: check their moon sign, rising sign, Uranus placement, decan (trimesters within the sign) and position of their moon or AC with my sun.

Aquarius may be the sign of friends in astrology, we can get along with just about everyone and we find both positive and negative traits in all people.

CapAquaPis

I have a question in relation to Aquarius and it's ruler planet Uranus placements in the zodiac. Does Uranus really matter to Aquarius sun or moon people, like myself? Every 7 years (let's start in 1889 in Libra), it crosses a sign...it's in Scorpio when I was born (1980 - in that sign from 1974-81). I would have an issue relating to people in generations when Uranus is in Aries (1925-32), but the best match is when in its ruler sign Aquarius (1995-2002, indeed the new millennia began in 1999/2000-01).

CapAquaPis

And why do people don't use their real birth date or exact birth time? Im sure their infant baptisms are important and their mothers began their child's life on the first onset of labor. I need their real birth date and exact birth time to determine their sun, moon signs (the year they were born) and birth time (to find out their ASC or rising). I am indeed born on Feb 15, 1980 at 2:20-21pm Pacific standard time in Fontana, Cal, USA if anyone wants to read my chart.

unique_astrology

And why do people don't use their real birth date or exact birth time? ... I am indeed born ... at 2:20-21pm Pacific standard time ...

Well truth boy which is it? This looks like a possible rectification rather than a hospital recording.

well, having 17' 33" Cancer as my ASC or rising sign, the unluckiest one of all 12 signs of the zodiac, I don't really like living nor I enjoy my life.

Using 2:21 pm yields an IC at 182°54'.

That time also yields a Mars/Pluto midpoint at 184°54' opposite a Venus at 6°34'. Are you a sexual predator?

Could a secret be the reason for that second quote?

waybread

Obviously a sun-sign is important, but really, if you want to know how compatible you are with someone, you have to do the synastry, which is a lot more complex.

My sun, Mercury, and Venus are in Aquarius, with my sun trine my Uranus-MC conjunction. One thing I've heard from most Aquarians is that we do need our space. This might get modified somewhat with a Cancer moon and/or a bunch of watery planets; but by-and-large we don't do well with emotional suffocation or drama queen (or king) people. Aquarius is an air sign, so our approach to life is more mental.

I don't post my precise birth data out of privacy concerns. Even if you post an anonymized chart, it's fairly simple to locate your birth date and time. A really clever astrologer can also get your birth location off your MC. I occasionally post what I call my "close enough" chart.

Lykanized

I've known Aquarians(Im a Cancer) and I never went to them with my emotional issues. I keep those to myself. However, my issue with them is that I could tell they wanted to get close, yet when I gave in to their advances, they'd end up pulling away. So I'd take the clue and ignore them and move on. Then they'd inevitably come back. And the pattern just went on and on and on until I eventually just gave up on one and the other just ghosted me out of nowhere after talking all this **** about how they were gonna move close to where I am and we should get to know each other better

So as a Cancer, that's why I don't get on with Aquarians. They come off as not knowing what the **** they want and it's a major turnoff in any kind of relationship platonic or otherwise. They also come off as if they're just playing games and as very ingenuine and also nonsensical

to add, my Sun and Mercury in Cancer are in the 11th house so I may relate to Aquarians in a way

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I've known Aquarians(Im a Cancer) and I never went to them with my emotional issues. I keep those to myself. However, my issue with them is that I could tell they wanted to get close, yet when I gave in to their advances, they'd end up pulling away. So I'd take the clue and ignore them and move on. Then they'd inevitably come back. And the pattern just went on and on and on until I eventually just gave up on one and the other just ghosted me out of nowhere after talking all this **** about how they were gonna move close to where I am and we should get to know each other better

So as a Cancer, that's why I don't get on with Aquarians. They come off as not knowing what the **** they want and it's a major turnoff in any kind of relationship platonic or otherwise.

They also come off as if
they're just playing games
and as very ingenuine
and also nonsensical

to add, my Sun and Mercury in Cancer are in the 11th house
so I may relate to Aquarians in a way
that makes so much sense :smile:
Aquarius is simply the smart sign.
We're the real intellectuals around here. :cool:

CapAquaPis

Not only I check sun signs (solar year) and moon signs (28-29 day orbit around the earth), noon-time ascendant signs based on birthdate and latitude. My Dad has an Aquarius in 52N (Northernmost France in Europe) for Dec 17, 1946 - but it would be cusp Pisces/Aries in 33N (Southern California USA). Mine is Gemini for Feb 15, 1980 (I live in So Cal USA) and my Mom's a Leo for Apr 29, 1951, but we would have different noon-time ASCs if we we're born in 52N.

waybread

Lykanized, I respect your experiences, but: (a) the sun-sign is way too overdone in astrology. It's important, but as I said above, synastry goes well beyond it. (b) Aquarians, Cancers, and the other 10 sun-signs operate in multiple areas of life, not just in a dating situation with the hope of an intimate relationship coming out the other end.

Having said that, I think it makes sense to consider sun-signs in the context of their elements and modalities (qualities): earth, air, fire, and water; cardinal, fixed and mutable. Then also take a look at the sign's ruling planet/s.

To paraphrase astrologer Stephen Arroyo, the elements indicate what is very real to people.* To an air sign like Aquarius, ideas are very real. To a water sign like Cancer, feelings are very real. Feelings are not so real to an air sign, and ideas are not so real to a water sign. So the Aquarian can easily come across to the Cancer, as living too much in his head and being aloof. The Cancer can come across to the Aquarian as needy, clingy, or emotionally high-maintenance.

Cancer's end-point (to paraphrase astrologer Steven Forrest) is to merge emotionally with another person. This would send your average Aquarian male heading for the hills. (As I said previously, we Aquarians need our space.)

Keeping in mind that the sun symbolizes one's core identity or sense of self.

Attraction can be there for other chart factors (like his Venus falls on her ascendant, or her Venus sextiles his Mars.) He might think they'll work it out and come back, for such reasons, but then the fundamental differences are likely to kick in. (Also, maybe they've got a good composite chart going.)

* Material, practical matters are very real to earth signs. Action, initiative, and often optimism are very real to fire signs. Then you can combine the elements in different ways: air+fire= excitement about ideas. earth + air might be the engineer or trouble-shooter. water +fire =excited feelings.

Last edited:

waybread

I might add that as an Aquarian, I've been married for a total of 42 years, but twice: formerly to a sun Gemini, and now to a sun Libra. Air signs all, with suns trined. The fixed signs (Aquarius, Scorpio, Taurus, Libra) have the capacity for strong loyalties. Once committed, we take it seriously.)

So Lykenized, you can't generalize about an entire sun sign of half a billion people through the lens of your personal Cancer dating experiences. If you're really interested in someone, I recommend that you obtain his birth data and then do the synastry. That's a much better guide to compatibility.

Lykanized

I might add that as an Aquarian, I've been married for a total of 42 years, but twice: formerly to a sun Gemini, and now to a sun Libra. Air signs all, with suns trined. The fixed signs (Aquarius, Scorpio, Taurus, Libra) have the capacity for strong loyalties. Once committed, we take it seriously.)

So Lykenized, you can't generalize about an entire sun sign of half a billion people through the lens of your personal Cancer dating experiences. If you're really interested in someone, I recommend that you obtain his birth data and then do the synastry. That's a much better guide to compatibility.
I wasn't doing anything different than what the CapAquaPis did so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm aware that we're more than our sun signs but I mean...I'm really not doing anything different than CapAquaPis. I was quite obviously saying those were MY experiences

I think you're being a little too sensitive to what I wrote
Furthermore I'm also not sure why you're telling me to look into full chart data when this whole thread has been about sun signs. If you're gonna do that, be consistent and tell the OP too. I wasn't generalizing anymore than they were

Ghosting someone out of nowhere after pretty much leading them on is universally shitty behavior tho. I wasn't trying to emotionally merge with them either. I don't get there until I trust someone. They were just leading me on and then bolted

Also the person who had the push pull thing was about 37. They should've been more mature. I wasn't at all trying to emotionally merge with them either

Last edited:

waybread

I wasn't doing anything different than what the CapAquaPis did so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm aware that we're more than our sun signs but I mean...I'm really not doing anything different than CapAquaPis. I was quite obviously saying those were MY experiences

I think you're being a little too sensitive to what I wrote
Furthermore I'm also not sure why you're telling me to look into full chart data when this whole thread has been about sun signs. If you're gonna do that, be consistent and tell the OP too

Ghosting someone out of nowhere after pretty much leading them on is universally shitty behavior tho. I wasn't trying to emotionally merge with them either. I don't get there until I trust someone. They were just leading me on and then bolted

Lykenized, an Aquarian perspective on your post would be to recommend that you not personalize what I wrote. An Aquarian perspective would be that we're all a bunch of complete strangers on an internet forum. An Aquarian isn't "sensitive" about such things, but would take a more mental approach (unless s/he's got a ton of water elsewhere in the chart.)

If I directed my post to CapAquaPis, would that make you feel better? Do you see your emotional reaction? There's nothing wrong with reacting emotionally, but just to say that it is characteristic of water signs. (With Scorpios needing to hide their feelings inside their exterior.) I'm here just pointing out the significance of the 4 elements in astrology.

We often see sun-sign threads, and I don't see the problem in pointing out that there's a lot more to get to, because oftentimes they operate at too simple a level to address the real and more complex questions of, in this case, relationships. Obviously Mr. Aquarian hurt your feelings, so if you were able to do the synastry earlier on in your relationship (or requested it on a "read my chart board") possibly you could have saved yourself some stress.

But here again, some (not all) Aquarians respond to stress by disappearing. Even if they're still present physically, they withdraw into a mindset that others can find cold or aloof. (I note that Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius, but Uranus isn't known as a warm, fuzzy planet either. In contrast, the moon rules Cancer, and she's noted for her empathy.) Ghosting someone is really bad form, regardless; but sadly it doesn't seem to be the problem of one sun sign.

Lykanized

Lykenized, an Aquarian perspective on your post would be to recommend that you not personalize what I wrote. An Aquarian perspective would be that we're all a bunch of complete strangers on an internet forum. An Aquarian isn't "sensitive" about such things, but would take a more mental approach (unless s/he's got a ton of water elsewhere in the chart.)
I don't look at anyone here as their sun sign or any of their signs. We're all emotional creatures and prone to sensitivity. So if what you say is correct about looking past sunsigns, then yes, Aquarians can be prone to sensitivity just like everyone can

If I directed my post to CapAquaPis, would that make you feel better? Do you see your emotional reaction? There's nothing wrong with reacting emotionally, but just to say that it is characteristic of water signs. (With Scorpios needing to hide their feelings inside their exterior.) I'm here just pointing out the significance of the 4 elements in astrology.
Not really, it'd just make a lot more sense since you seemed inconsistent
We often see sun-sign threads, and I don't see the problem in pointing out that there's a lot more to get to, because oftentimes they operate at too simple a level to address the real and more complex questions of, in this case, relationships. Obviously Mr. Aquarian hurt your feelings, so if you were able to do the synastry earlier on in your relationship (or requested it on a "read my chart board") possibly you could have saved yourself some stress.
He didn't hurt my feelings. I'm a lesbian. Actually neither of those people hurt my feelings. We never got close because of those traits

But here again, some (not all) Aquarians respond to stress by disappearing. Even if they're still present physically, they withdraw into a mindset that others can find cold or aloof. (I note that Saturn is the traditional ruler of Aquarius, but Uranus isn't known as a warm, fuzzy planet either. In contrast, the moon rules Cancer, and she's noted for her empathy.) Ghosting someone is really bad form, regardless; but sadly it doesn't seem to be the problem of one sun sign.
Yeah and it's just one reason I don't think I could ever get on with a strong Aquarian who displays those tendencies. I prefer straightforwardness and to me it just comes off as not making sense and definitely not straightforward. That and the push pull. Can't stand it. Again. I prefer straightforwardness

Like I noted, I'm an 11th houser so I'm sure I've been guilty myself. Not only that but my Venus is in Gemini

Also, the Aquarians didn't seem distant or aloof at all. On the contrary, they were very emotional and needy. One would even call and say they needed me to go over for cuddles which was honestly quite offputting for me. Not any kinda behavior I'd display as a Cancer sun/Merc And I also wasn't clingy or high maintenance with them whatesoever. My issue with the push pull thing wasn't that they were aloof, but that they were aloof when I payed any attention to them and when I took the clue and backed off, they came running back. Aloofness doesn't bother me. In other words, be aloof, but be consistently aloof or don't just be aloof when I'm there for you and come running back when I take the hint and become aloof myself

With one, it was almost as if they were needy and whiny, but when they got what they said they needed, they bolted

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

According to the 2019 Almanac for Farmers and City Folk I just bought, the end and beginning of a sun sign is on the 15th/16th day of the month: February is 1-14 Aquarius, 15-28 Pisces...note my birthdate is Feb 15th, 1980 like 2020 is a leap year, so Im cusp as Pisces ends in 29th. It appears some astrologers feel this is more accurate...not quite sidereal which believes Aquarius is Feb 15-28 instead. My almanac starts on Nov 2018 and ends in Dec 2019. Other almanacs can start in Sep or Oct of the previous year, since any first and last day of any given month marks a considerable calendar year (solar, some may have lunar cycles). In sidereal astrology, some say Feb 15th (sun enters Aquarius) is the new astrological year (we're in the Aquarian age) vs. Mar 21st for the tropical astrology (sun enters Aries), but the Sun enters Pisces in Mar 16th, about 4-5 days before the northern spring or vernal equinox, southern fall or autumn equinox.

CapAquaPis

Well truth boy which is it? This looks like a possible rectification rather than a hospital recording.

That time also yields a Mars/Pluto midpoint at 184°54' opposite a Venus at 6°34'. Are you a sexual predator?

I don't have sexual predations or any psychological/psychopathic tendencies. Uranus in Libra people (1967-74) should be compatible to me as an Aquarian. Now I do have Uranus in Scorpio (1974-81) which you happened to noticed.

david starling

In my own system, i have Ouranos/Caelus :uranus: ("Uranus" is incorrect for the Greek, and not Roman either) in Scorpio as imparting a firm sense of direction when it comes to occult knowledge. Nothing about succumbing to lust for power or sexual domination.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

That time also yields a Mars/Pluto midpoint at 184°54' opposite a Venus at 6°34'.

Are you a sexual predator?

Siriusly :smile: