Autism & Asperger's in natal chart

serena

Hi Nexus7,

thank you for your answer. My son is now 13 years old, he as an official diagnosis od Asperger syndrome, though the more I think about it the more I believe it's atypical.
He has no food allergies, he is verbal and attends a regular school, as a IQ of 140. He has problems concentrating and paying attentiont to what people say and huge problems with relationships. He prefers adults to teens (he has no friends at all). He has problem with handwriting and coordination. He doesn't look people in the eyes and he spends his time reading books about history, politics and law. The worst of all is stereotipic behaviour.

It doesn't seem to me that his Moon is affected, I'd rather say Mars and Saturn.

He was born on the 28 December 1994 at 4.05 a.m. in Carpi, Italy. Of course I'm not asking a chart analysis but it's easier if you look at his chart than if I explain it. I'm not so proficient in English and I'm still learning astrology and there's a long way in front of me .....

I read the thread about autism in this forum and found out that the chart are so different .... maybe because there are different genes implied :confused: :confused:

Cheers
serena

Nexus7

Hi again Serena

As said, here are times when I wonder if autism just simply does not 'use' the more challenging features of the chart, if it was here before the child is actually born. The condition is still a mystery, but it does seem to me to impact on every level . physical, mental and emotional.

That Mars-Saturn on the IC/MC does look to be a toughie and in any case, suggests issues with the father and dealing with authority in any context. However, it is an 'easy opposition' because the Sun and to a lesser degree Mercury, make trines and sextiles to it.

So I would suggest that these passions of his could be the means to harness his energies towards a common, unifying purpose and whilst he may still experience much frustration in finding his feet, a strong sense of purpose could bring out the best in him. With two such 'tough' signs so strongly emphasised in his chart - Scorpio and Capricorn - ultimately, your son may well have better self-respect as he gets older, the more confidence he may have in knowing that he can ultimarely prove himself to be as good as anyone else and that he does have it within himself to overcome his problems.

Another thing I have heard is that training in some kind of a martial art can help with co-ordination and can have many helpful effects in helping someone challenged in this area relate better in the process? - something you might want to do more research on. It would say that it would be important not to 'push' the kid though, issues to do with competitiveness and keeping up could be a sore point.

I don't know whether the Moon has anything to do with your son's problems either - I think it can oversimplify things a lot to say that it is only relevant in issues to do with food. Funnily enough, this is the second 'autistic' chart I have come across recently with the North Node actually rising in the chart, though not with the Moon also. Could be, Moon, Ascendant and NN make a midpoint picture together and that, along with Venus rising also, so, in facrt, emphaise the importance of your son beong able to learn the value of relating emotionally to other people.

Anyway, this 12th House Moon could indicate that in some ways, and this could happen with or without a diagnosis of autism, your son's sensitivity were always bound to make of him something of a 'reluctant incarnate.' He may well, always need his 'safe haven' to retreat to whenever Life's cruel unpredictabilites threaten to close in too much!

These are just one or two ideas I wanted to suggest and share, anyway. Good luck to both you and your son, no matter what.

Nexus7

The nodal axis, by the bye, has always been considered a bit of a villain. From A Vedic perspectives at least, from the point of view of bestowing rational behaviousr and drives in an individual. The Nroth Node in particular has been said to be linked with consuming obsessions - after all in an eclipse, they both 'swallow' the Sun and the Moon, the 'lights' of consciousness. The vedics, unlike modern Western astrological practitioners, also do not necessarily see the North Node as a bed of roses from the point of view of peace of mind, especially if if conjoins the natal Moon - it can be disturbing to he Moon's need to find inner equilibrium and peace.

However, the Vedics would not have necessarily seen the role of the nodes with their unsettling ways as a 'bad' thing, all that is happening is that the native is simply compelled to follow the directives of the nodal axis, which is to assimilate experience, no matter how obsessive this pull may be experienced as.

I am not a Vedic, however, but have wondered after seeing what they have to say on the nodes might not be more helpful in understanding the way they do actualy work. Anwy Vedics here care to comment here?

serena

Thank you Nexus for your answer.
I'm not able to comment, because I don't know enough .... I'll think about what yuou write and I'll try to get some more information about it.

serena

Nexus7

These are just my personal ideas and opinions, Serena, so feel free to either accept of reject them as you see fit.

From a purely astrological point of view, all I will say is that both as a double Scorpio (Asc/Moon in Scorpio) and Sun in Capricorn, your son may well have a life beset with both external and internal challenges, but he should be a tough one. He maybe needs to find self respect through knowing that he can certainly overcome and transcend his problems.

cjc

I don't have much to add to this except I know a severely autistic teen and was able to get his birthday, so I drew up a noon chart. I've posted it below.

I promised anonymity, but circumstances I could tell you would rock you. I think the mother would be of major significance here... both pre- and post-natal

Anything striking for autism?

c

Attachments

• Aut.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Varsana

At first, excuse me, because englis isn't my language. I'm autistic, my brother too. I'm not an proffessional astrologer, but I'm studyng about. my date is 17-02-1956, 5:45 p.m. Bogotá Colombia, my brother's 08-07- 1964 11:30 p.m. Bogotá. I thing square & saturn are prominets in owr charts. We are scientistic illustrator & work with museums. My brother is now like passant at Smithsonian I. I'm kriya yoga practicioner & the asperger's condition is a dessirable basis for yoga, I thing so.
One of my Sisters is Asperger too: 03-22-1969, 10:30 p.m. Bogotá too. She is Physics Phd.

Last edited:

Nexus7

I thing cuadratures & saturn are prominets in owr charts.

Hi Varsana

Do you mean by 'cuadratures' square aspects - aspects within a 90 degree orb? Do these sqaures involve Saturn to personal planets?

It should be very interesting to compare your chart with those of your siblings, to look for configurationsa that you may have in common.

The_Rebbe

Would anyone like to look at a chart of an autistic. It is myself. Wednesday, September 29,1976 at 9:24 am in Groton, CT, USA. I am just trying to learn to spot the signs in my chart...Could you please help.

Nexus7

I am sure there are people here who could help, The Rebbe....but a lot of people here tend to be somewhat visual. Could you put up a chart for us to see?

Arian Maverick

I hope you don't mind, but I've simply copied the code of the natal chart you posted in the other thread here, so other members can see it. I know you can do it; you've demonstrated this on another thread. If I've offended you, I'll apologize and let you post the chart yourself, but I thought this would save time.

I took a "short-cut," copying and pasting the URL address into the Image code instead of using Photo Bucket, so I don't know if the chart will expire.

astro_2gw_04_the_rebbe.81664.422.gif

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

estrella

I know hard aspects between mercury and uranus can cause a brilliant mind that can work in overdrive. I have that aspect-but the only "abnormality" I have is a slight stammer when I'm excited, and the tendency to get mental burnout once in a while from too much brainwork.

I wonder if autistics or savants have merc/uranus angles?

Arian Maverick

I wonder if autistics or savants have merc/uranus angles?

My autistic brother has Uranus tightly conjunct his Midheaven, and I have this aspect, as well, but with a looser orb of about four or five degrees. I'm not autistic, although I do have my idiosyncrasies. ;)

Arian Maverick

The_Rebbe

Please.examine.my.chart...There.are.two.areas.of.interest...
First.what signs.make.me.autistic...
Second.having.troubles.now.with.autism.as.my.symptoms.got.worse.on.
Wednesday.24.of.March.at.9.pm.
My.birthdate.is.Wednesday.Spetember.29.1976.at.9.24.am.

Please.help...Need.to.find.this.information.for.self.purposes.and.
also.to.understand.self...any.questions.please.send.to.rebbeasher@yahoo.com.
Please.send.all.answers.posted.here.to.my.email...Thank.you...

Moon Muse

This is a very interesting and timely subject. One person that I would like to recommend for information is Raye Robertson astrologer/educator who has written several articles in the Mountain Astrologer. Her expertise in the area of children with learning disabilities is established. When I last heard from her she was writing a book focusing on astrological correlations with autism in children. That was a couple of years ago. I checked her previous website: by jove publications and the link appears broken. My google yielded no concrete results. If you are able to reach her or information of her, the research she has done may be of value. She seems to have gone off the radar screen. Hope everything is OK with her.

Nexus7

The Raye Robertson article sounds really interesting. Did she follow any particular astrological philosophy or way of thought, or was she more scientific in her approach?

The_Rebbe

There were some earlier threads on this topic here, maybe someone should try and bump one or two of them. It was suggested that aspects between Uranus, Mercury and Saturn should looked at in charts of individuals wih autism - I also think some attention should be paid to the Moon. That is because of the often-repeated sensory disturbances and innate difficulties in processing emotions.

Having said that, nobody is really sure still about what 'causes' autism and I have heard some writers suggest that whatever causes it can take place well before the child is born. That could mean that autism will not show up in the chart, though it may manifest and 'use' certain positions in the chart.

Whatever the case, you do have two imprtant planets very sentsitively placed in your chart and involving yet another important possible in the difficulties you mention.

On your Ascendant, or rising sign, you have Uranus rising. You are in good company here incidentally, as Uranus is called the planet of astrology by some. It is also 'said' to be the planet of 'genius.' Uranus can bestow great gifts (Beethoven, for instance, had this planet rising, so, I believe, did Marie Curie) - it can indicate a sensitivity to the underlying codes and algebra of life: however, its effect can also create a great sense of separateness and alienation. It can also be hard on the nervous system - Uranians can be very jumpy and easily jarred, though I cannot as yet see if this makes any midpoints to, say Mercury and Moon.

I should say that not every Uranian may have any sensory issues at all - either way, it suggests that you will always need to do things 'your way' whenever possible and maintian a strong sense of independence and autonomy.

Your Uranus, however, is square Saturn in your chart, which is also on your Midheaven.

Whereas Uransus seeks freedom and autonomy, Saturn restricts and crystallises, whereas Uranus rebels, Saturn demands comforming, whereas Uranus rejects 'rules,' Saturn demands these.

Saturn can also indicate a great deal of inhibition and shyness, with or without, again, any sensory issues. It indicates a great deal of sensitivity too, to being accepted, not being accepted, and there may well be a lot of issues around being accepted by the group - ordinarily, Saturn in Aquarius at the top of your chart, with or without autisn or Aspergers, could indicate a 'lone wolf' where there is both the desire to make a contribution to society whilst not also being 'one of the crowd.'

This square also involves your Venus, which is the planet linked, next to the Moon, most with capacity for relating - here again, it could indicate a desire for intensity in your relaionships, but also the fear of losing indenependence.

Ultimately, it is hard to see the issues in your chart as exclusively about 'autism,' but about being faced with a chart showing up the life-long issues you will always have to work with: Saturn and Uranus. Tough and sometimes painful, yes, for anybody with configurations such as these; however, it is said that each chart is its own biggest problem to its owner - but also its own greatest solution. Somehow, you do need to find ways to relate to others within your particular levels of tolerance.

It is likely that you will always, genuinely be able to think 'outside the box' and you may excel in a scienific discipline especially.

Other things I notice is a strong Plutonic theme in your chart, with Sun conjunct Pluto and a Scorpio rising - this indicates a real capacity for detective work and a desire to really get to the bottom of things - your observations and understanding of other people may be more than what many other people may feel comfortable with - again, you may be in good company on an astrology forum. Uranus is said to be the planet of astrology these days, becuae of it connection with an understanding of Universla Laws - but just as many, it seems to me, often tend to have very Plutonic themes in their charts. There seems to be lazer-beam intensity to you, though it could be that his inensity may be so overwhelming that you may completely shut off - either sensorally, or from others. Here, it might be worth looking at what Pluto symbolises, as well as Uranus and Saturn - its affect can feel annihihilating in some cases, but it is a part of what this astro-geographical system of which we are a part, is about.

Finally, I see there is a close Moon/Mercury square in your chart. This may well indicae instatiable curiosity withinformation, but again, with or without auism, some difficulty in processing information. A bit like trying to ride a bicylce or walking downstairs whilst thinking about it - logic may interfere with insinctive programming.

The thing there, is that there are some heavy transits coming to your Moon-Mercury square - Unanus is coming to make a stansit square to it, whilst Saturn is also opposing it.

This is bound to lead to an increase in anxiety, so exacerbating any autism issues.

It is part ofthe times too - this disruptive insecurity, making itself felt within the ecomony, is affecting everyone. The Moon is ofen where you may fell most vulnerable too and even for people without autism, most people do not like oo much cahnge and trauma where it comes to things the Moon represents in temrs of home and 'feeling safe' - someohow, it will be important to get as much rest as you can and maybe not try to deal with a new and therefore sressful environment just yet. If there are some big changes that may affect your sense of security, then it may be a good idea to ask for more support, though this may depend on what support there is around already.

Jupiter is also transitting your Midheaven and Saturn - Jupiter may sometimes exaggerate what is already there and in this case, there may be questions around about your future: work, or about what kind of work you may be suited to. That is also, bound to be perceived as stressful, if there are questions about how you will survive and how to maintain your dignity in the professional world.

There are just some thoughts and ideas, anyway, which you are welcome to take on board or not, as you will.

meme16

Hello All

I posted in the other Autism Thread and do not know how to move the post.Wanted to keep up to date on any new posts on the subject.I also offered some of ,my Asbergers Son's info.Up for conversation..............meme16

The_Rebbe

Nexus7 said:
The Raye Robertson article sounds really interesting. Did she follow any particular astrological philosophy or way of thought, or was she more scientific in her approach?

The_Rebbe

There were some earlier threads on this topic here, maybe someone should try and bump one or two of them. It was suggested that aspects between Uranus, Mercury and Saturn should looked at in charts of individuals wih autism - I also think some attention should be paid to the Moon. That is because of the often-repeated sensory disturbances and innate difficulties in processing emotions.

Having said that, nobody is really sure still about what 'causes' autism and I have heard some writers suggest that whatever causes it can take place well before the child is born. That could mean that autism will not show up in the chart, though it may manifest and 'use' certain positions in the chart.

Whatever the case, you do have two imprtant planets very sentsitively placed in your chart and involving yet another important possible in the difficulties you mention.

On your Ascendant, or rising sign, you have Uranus rising. You are in good company here incidentally, as Uranus is called the planet of astrology by some. It is also 'said' to be the planet of 'genius.' Uranus can bestow great gifts (Beethoven, for instance, had this planet rising, so, I believe, did Marie Curie) - it can indicate a sensitivity to the underlying codes and algebra of life: however, its effect can also create a great sense of separateness and alienation. It can also be hard on the nervous system - Uranians can be very jumpy and easily jarred, though I cannot as yet see if this makes any midpoints to, say Mercury and Moon.

I should say that not every Uranian may have any sensory issues at all - either way, it suggests that you will always need to do things 'your way' whenever possible and maintian a strong sense of independence and autonomy.

Your Uranus, however, is square Saturn in your chart, which is also on your Midheaven.

Whereas Uransus seeks freedom and autonomy, Saturn restricts and crystallises, whereas Uranus rebels, Saturn demands comforming, whereas Uranus rejects 'rules,' Saturn demands these.

Saturn can also indicate a great deal of inhibition and shyness, with or without, again, any sensory issues. It indicates a great deal of sensitivity too, to being accepted, not being accepted, and there may well be a lot of issues around being accepted by the group - ordinarily, Saturn in Aquarius at the top of your chart, with or without autisn or Aspergers, could indicate a 'lone wolf' where there is both the desire to make a contribution to society whilst not also being 'one of the crowd.'

This square also involves your Venus, which is the planet linked, next to the Moon, most with capacity for relating - here again, it could indicate a desire for intensity in your relaionships, but also the fear of losing indenependence.

Ultimately, it is hard to see the issues in your chart as exclusively about 'autism,' but about being faced with a chart showing up the life-long issues you will always have to work with: Saturn and Uranus. Tough and sometimes painful, yes, for anybody with configurations such as these; however, it is said that each chart is its own biggest problem to its owner - but also its own greatest solution. Somehow, you do need to find ways to relate to others within your particular levels of tolerance.

It is likely that you will always, genuinely be able to think 'outside the box' and you may excel in a scienific discipline especially.

Other things I notice is a strong Plutonic theme in your chart, with Sun conjunct Pluto and a Scorpio rising - this indicates a real capacity for detective work and a desire to really get to the bottom of things - your observations and understanding of other people may be more than what many other people may feel comfortable with - again, you may be in good company on an astrology forum. Uranus is said to be the planet of astrology these days, becuae of it connection with an understanding of Universla Laws - but just as many, it seems to me, often tend to have very Plutonic themes in their charts. There seems to be lazer-beam intensity to you, though it could be that his inensity may be so overwhelming that you may completely shut off - either sensorally, or from others. Here, it might be worth looking at what Pluto symbolises, as well as Uranus and Saturn - its affect can feel annihihilating in some cases, but it is a part of what this astro-geographical system of which we are a part, is about.

Finally, I see there is a close Moon/Mercury square in your chart. This may well indicae instatiable curiosity withinformation, but again, with or without auism, some difficulty in processing information. A bit like trying to ride a bicylce or walking downstairs whilst thinking about it - logic may interfere with insinctive programming.

The thing there, is that there are some heavy transits coming to your Moon-Mercury square - Unanus is coming to make a stansit square to it, whilst Saturn is also opposing it.

This is bound to lead to an increase in anxiety, so exacerbating any autism issues.

It is part ofthe times too - this disruptive insecurity, making itself felt within the ecomony, is affecting everyone. The Moon is ofen where you may fell most vulnerable too and even for people without autism, most people do not like oo much cahnge and trauma where it comes to things the Moon represents in temrs of home and 'feeling safe' - someohow, it will be important to get as much rest as you can and maybe not try to deal with a new and therefore sressful environment just yet. If there are some big changes that may affect your sense of security, then it may be a good idea to ask for more support, though this may depend on what support there is around already.

Jupiter is also transitting your Midheaven and Saturn - Jupiter may sometimes exaggerate what is already there and in this case, there may be questions around about your future: work, or about what kind of work you may be suited to. That is also, bound to be perceived as stressful, if there are questions about how you will survive and how to maintain your dignity in the professional world.

There are just some thoughts and ideas, anyway, which you are welcome to take on board or not, as you will.
ok...thank.you...do.you.see.these.problem.with.my.autism.as.affecting.much.of.my.life...
i.am.unable.to.cope.and.i.am.unable.to.get.treatment...i.have.face.blindness.unaware.of.my.emotions.problems.with.communication.attentional.problems.organization.problems.memory.problems.difficulty.problem.solveing.outside.of.patters.difficulties.with.orientation.perceptive.difficulties.no.executive.function.reading.and.math.difficulties.difficulties.with.language.production.time.and.direction.disorientation.i.love.extremem.order.and.patterns...
i.just.wondering.seizures.or.another.conditions.having...
am.i.regressive.type...please.tell.me.what.looking.for.in.my.chart.for.indicators...

Nexus7

The_Rebbe

Please do remember, I can only go through what I se in your astrological chart, and that has disappeared now. I am no expert in autism, so maybe you need to ask experts on autism about how things lie with you.

Remember, I wrote about the sensitively-placed Saturn square Venus/Uranus in your chart, which will pesent challenges in relating to anybody who might have a configuration like this in their chart. These challenges are maybe not likely to disapper overnight, but you can continue to find ways to work on yourself. The Moon square Mercury is also an aspect I sugested might indicate certain challenges in processing information to begin with.

I sent an email to you , also adding that transit Saturn squaring natal Moon may be exacerbating some problems at the moment and if you generally feel bad about your life or stressed because of finances for example, then you should certainly ask for help from a GP - these negative feelings can certainly be treated, then your autisic symptoms may ease and become more manageable. I don't know which country you are in and what health services are available, of course.

How do you understand your chart in relation to your special strengths and difficulties?

Last edited:

Moon Muse

Hi All, I did a little research to find Raye Robertson and I did find her article listed at the Mountain Astrologer website. There, click on the link at on left: Article Index etc... and sort by author for her name.

The article she wrote is : Asperger's Syndrome and other signs of Human Transformation
published in Mountain Astrologer 2/08 p.137

Also other articles well worth reading.

She is a brilliant educator, researcher and Astrologer! Who devotes much of her study to children and learning abilities. She did some work for me a few years back and it would be worth while seeking her out. Perhaps one could email the magazine and see if they might help locate her...