Autism & Asperger's in natal chart

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when i was a child. I've always tried not to associate myself with it because its considered a "disability", but to me, i feel that it's a gift, a very misunderstood gift. I feel like i have a Very hightened awareness, a hypersensitive nervous system, just surreal-like perception. Life goes very easy for me, i have a karma like way of dealing with things, because i think by being positive, positive things will manifest in my life, and it works ;). I have a good job with good income, a great social life, and i have a good sense of direction in my life, because i've realized what my dream is, and that every step i make is a step closer to reaching that dream, and that meeting people is almost destiny like. I have alot of strength for my size, im 6'4" 150 lbs. and used to squat 300 lbs, and can go out and run 10k no problem. I feel like the only problem in my life is that i easily lose myself in my surroundings.. it's like i lose my identity and get enveloped in the external world, and can have overwhelming feelings of things i can't usually put into a description, because its so deep and intense. Most of the time i have a strong mental buzz feeling, which makes it hard to sleep because its like my mind is on overdrive, all i do is think think think. Probably the most wierd experience to live with for me is how lucid my dreams are, while awake i can vividly remember and "feel" my dreams... i've had alot of brutal deaths in my dreams which disturbs me, but i think symbolize the death and rebirth of something inside me to be a better person, that a change was needed. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what crazy things i experience. Alot of the times i think "wait, im just human". lol.

I think my chart may be a bit odd or intense.
heres my chart
View attachment 17368

Excellent post. Sums up most of my life :joyful:

Greetings,

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to look at my chart.
I was diagnosed with Asperger's ten years ago, at 21. I am into astrology myself but always welcome fresh input and a second opinion as people have different ways of interpretation sometimes and stuff may get looked over or missed by one person while another person notices the same stuff. I have a few ideas of what's going on but always like to receive input myself. I like to receive unbiased readings sometimes by another.I have a strong Scorpio (obsessive) emphasis in my 4th (I'm a homebody) along with Saturn (restrictions) in my 3rd House of communication, to name a couple. I'd like to see if we can just compare notes.....

Data:

October 28, 1979
11:10 PM
Toronto, ON

Cheers

Garrett

Nexus7

We arer all visual people, greatgarret2, why don't you go to astro.com andload up a chart? I am sure you wil get a whole lot more replies that way if you do...

We arer all visual people, greatgarret2, why don't you go to astro.com andload up a chart? I am sure you wil get a whole lot more replies that way if you do...

No problem, here it is attatched....

Attachments

• greatgarrett2 chart.gif
    greatgarrett2 chart.gif
    56 KB · Views: 50

Nexus7

I can see the chart, greatgarret2.
You have a bowl-shaped chart, which ican be a little self-contained.

My eye is drawn to your 7th-House Aquarian Moon, in a widish t-square with Mars and Uranus: touché. The orbs seem a little wide, thpough I would imagine it may be less-than easy to contain anxiety, frustration.

But it could simply be the satory of being perceived as being a bit unusual, perhpas not always being totally accepted becasue of it? Anyway, Temple Grandin shares your Moon positon, interestingly too, this comes up in a hypothetical chart for the heroine of the Dragon series by Stieg Larson. A whopping great Grtand Cross involving both luminaries no less.

Yeah, I would guess my Aquarian Moon would make me somewhat detached emotionally in partnerships. I've always felt somewhat different. I also have an unusual emotional response to things. For instance, when my grandfather died several years ago, I couldn't bring myself to cry. I wanted to and I cared greatly for him but no emotions came out. I remember trying to force myself to cry.

All my planets are below (except for Chiron and my Moon). I have always been somewhat introverted my whole life. I have issues with opening up to people and displaying emotion. Secretive, cool Scorpio below the horizon spells introvert. Also Saturn in third house of communication and small talk means I choose my words carefully.

Is it really true that planets below could have a tendancy toward introversion. My Sun is in the Fourth, I am a home body.
Don't like bars/clubs and am slow to open up to people.

I can see the chart, greatgarret2.
You have a bowl-shaped chart, which ican be a little self-contained.

Yeah, I've always been self-sufficient. Also I tend to fixate or focus on one subject neglecting other facets of my life. I've always been hesitant to ask for help.

My eye is drawn to your 7th-House Aquarian Moon, in a widish t-square with Mars and Uranus: touché. The orbs seem a little wide, thpough I would imagine it may be less-than easy to contain anxiety, frustration.

Diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and Panic Disorder at age 21. I've always been a shy person having trouble expressing my wants and likes (interests and women) so yeah, over the years I've had alot of pent up anger and frustration and heartache. Suffer greatly from anxiety. Have issues with travelling, getting on a plane and meeting new people, etc.

But it could simply be the satory of being perceived as being a bit unusual, perhpas not always being totally accepted becasue of it?

I know what that's like....bullied in school. But now I'm learning to embrace my eccentricities and using the skills that come with them. Focusing on my writing and photography. I'm learning now to just be the person I was made to be, can't please everybody right? Some people may not like it and that's fine. I wrestled with the acceptance issue for a long time.

Anyway, Temple Grandin shares your Moon positon, interestingly too, this comes up in a hypothetical chart for the heroine of the Dragon series by Stieg Larson. A whopping great Grtand Cross involving both luminaries no less.

Interesting. I also read somewhere where another autistic had Saturn in Gemini, ruling communication. I have Saturn in my Third (House ruled by Mercury and Gemini) only it's in Virgo.

Cheers Garrett

sue

Well, folks, have read most of the posts and I would like to contribute, not exactly into the astrological aspect...and for a simple reason. Aspergians are simply the minority of a population, neurologically speaking.
As you do not have astrological stuff indicating you will use right or left hand, there is nothing that can point into aspergianism.
It is simply a way to be.

In our home at least three people have strong traits, the most intense one was my son who died last year, and we do not have anything astrologically that diferentiate us from the rest of the family and each of us three have different astrological 'reasons' to be the way we are.

What I learned, trying to help my son, is that aspergians, indeed, are more EVOLUTED' than 'neurotypical'. Someone explained me this way: all animals can recognize the leader of the group, the one they should follow and obey and how to behave in group in order to survive. Humans, great percentage of people, can do this, use this 'animal social part': perceive in a group, trhough basic social signs, signs, repeating, even animals can perceive when in their group, and know what is expected from them, pretend things they are not, sometimes tell lies, etc. Aspergians, not that all of them have huge IQs-they are like everyone else regarding inteligence, ie, there are neurotypical more and less brilliant as there are aspergians...but, and this part is important, they are different only because they can only be 'human' without the animal social part. So, either aspergians are interested in arts, or numbers, or sciences, etc. They can only relate to the human part of them. Play games, do small talkings, be frivolous, etc, is not for them. No animal can do that.

Another thing I learned about aspergians and with aspergians is that they should not try to be, or even be envolved, with superficial people...they can be incredible with people who has ideas, thoughts, intentions, etc.
These types tend to understand them.
They cannot be integrated with people who waste time, do small talk, know how to look at people, how to correspond to their expectations.

My son, due to my habits when he was born, did not take any vaccine, he was into homeopathic, I breast fed him, and was never exposed to the things that usually are linked to the causes of aspergianism.

If you would like to study aspergianism I could display our charts here. It is a good idea, also, read about neurotypical people-at least 70% of people are neurotypical.

Then you can make a test to see how you score in aspergianism.

My son got the highest score at home...my husband is also very aspergian, but in diferent pattern.
The same way we see many different people who are not aspergian, we see many different traits among aspergians as well.
I have some characteristics, like introversion, shyness, but do have social smartness that usually are not present in aspergians. But am ackward many times. Also have face blindness which is embarassing. Other than that am just a bit aquarian, diferent, so, people who are into astrology find these traits 'uranian'.

Well, but then, again, my son was 100% capricorn, with a very good mercury ascendant.

Well, here is a good link.
http://isnt.autistics.org/

Ah, Bettelheim is a fraude, as well as many other theorics.

Aspergians are just like left handed: they are minority, but there is nothing wrong with them besides being minority and world still learning about and from them.

danashock

This exact same topic was mentioned in www.bobmarksastrology.com forum. The guy was autistic and he had access to aspie/ autistic people's charts, and he shared them with us.

The common thing between these charts is that the whole lot of them had
mars in aquarius,or mars/uranus aspects and energy, as well as cancerian "yearning",such as cancer ascendant or north node in cancer.

i also have a friend who is a little bit strange and his mind is not always "here",he was also very introverted. he had mars in aquarius/north node in cancer and he was certified as clinically insane. I really think he may have had asperger's and was mis diagnosed as mad.

Now,i'm not saying that autistic people are insane, but I'm suggesting that such configurations often indicate some mental problem.

my theory is that those people are much more sensitive than what we think they are and are extremely bright, but may have problems communicating emotionally and that's why they shut off.

Nexus7

The article on the Bob Marks site sounds interesting , Danashock. Mars in Aquarius and Cancer NNode?

Actually I know of an astrologer who is a self-proclaimed advocate and self-advocate of all kinds of neuro-atypicality, who does have Mars in Aquarius, but in this case, the Mars placement may just be describing a particuarly 'Aquarian' way of drawing attention to a problem that affects more than just one person.

I have no doubt the poster's chart cases were valid enough, but we hope that he was not cherry-picking the cases.

I was once shown to charts for children with autism that depicted exact Moon/Saturn hard aspects, but then someone might have been looking for Bettelheim's refridgerator mothers though - could be, of course, that with Moon/Saturn, the ability to relate to others might have been impaired anyway.

I may have mentioned this before, but both Erin Sullivan and Liz Greene produced a whole family case-study looking at autism - Liz Greene had bought into the Bettelheim theory, which must have upset the family tono end if they had read that chapeter (Astrology of Fate): It was written well before the word 'Asperger's' had become current, though.

danashock

The article on the Bob Marks site sounds interesting , Danashock. Mars in Aquarius and Cancer NNode?

yeah,it's actually a topic in the forum started by one of the members who was autistic himself.he actually had 20+ charts so i think a pattern could be possibly read from such sample.

moon/saturn is very difficult but i am not sure if it can be an indicator of autism,maybe when combined with other aspects and configurations.

theoddone

I know this post is a few years way too late but I've been interested in the astrological indicators of autism spectrum disorders. I was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder myself so I've been wanting to see if my own natal chart does show indicators of an ASD.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-01-24 20:18:47.png
    Screenshot from 2016-01-24 20:18:47.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 42
  • finnibirthchart.jpg
    finnibirthchart.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Frisiangal

Disclaimer: I am not medically trained, whereby any information offered is derived from the rules applied to astrological symbolism as it pertains to the branch of astrology that deals with health issues.

I know this post is a few years way too late but I've been interested in the astrological indicators of autism spectrum disorders. I was diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder myself so I've been wanting to see if my own natal chart does show indicators of an ASD.

Hi to Tiffani,
I've collected 44 charts (of which the last 3 of diagnosed Aspergers from this [continued] thread) over the years in an attempt to astrologically ascertain if there is a difference in the charts of those born with autism and those with a 'disorder on the autism spectrum' (Temple Grandin seems to be a particular exception!!:smile:).

As Nexus commented in one of the early posts on this thread, and paraphrasing, what does it serve to find an astro. signature for the disorder when one is born with it? It can't be changed.
Although true, yet it does make for an interesting study in itself.

Astrologically speaking only, harsh aspects between Moon-Mercury-Saturn-Uranus occur very regularly in the chart of an autist. Those that fall under the various ASD's seem to have a different 'visual' picture that goes off on a tangent to the autistic aspects. The direct Mo-Me-Sa-Ur aspects are not always there; there is a different functional order in their expression. Other planets are more prominent, as is the inconjunct/quincunx aspect.

This can be seen in the chart shown.
The large stellium in Capricorn involves Me-Sa-Ur, yet none are linked by orb. Although Moon is just within orb of Mercury, they are in adjacent signs.
It would seem that each planetary trait has its own individual expression irrespective of what the other thinks(Mercury/3rd house influence), whilst Capricorn has a general reputation in distancing itself emotionally. This could present an issue to Jupiter that heightens the (in)ability regarding any feeling response from an emotionally and independently detached Moon in Aquarius.
Pluto in its own sign, ruler of Ascendant and in the 1st house is well aspected. There could be the conflict of internal emotions versus disinterest. Mood swings that may not be so apparent in the 'one-way-system' of the autist nature.

theoddone

Disclaimer: I am not medically trained, whereby any information offered is derived from the rules applied to astrological symbolism as it pertains to the branch of astrology that deals with health issues.

Hi to Tiffani,
I've collected 44 charts (of which the last 3 of diagnosed Aspergers from this [continued] thread) over the years in an attempt to astrologically ascertain if there is a difference in the charts of those born with autism and those with a 'disorder on the autism spectrum' (Temple Grandin seems to be a particular exception!!:smile:).

As Nexus commented in one of the early posts on this thread, and paraphrasing, what does it serve to find an astro. signature for the disorder when one is born with it? It can't be changed.
Although true, yet it does make for an interesting study in itself.

Astrologically speaking only, harsh aspects between Moon-Mercury-Saturn-Uranus occur very regularly in the chart of an autist. Those that fall under the various ASD's seem to have a different 'visual' picture that goes off on a tangent to the autistic aspects. The direct Mo-Me-Sa-Ur aspects are not always there; there is a different functional order in their expression. Other planets are more prominent, as is the inconjunct/quincunx aspect.

This can be seen in the chart shown.
The large stellium in Capricorn involves Me-Sa-Ur, yet none are linked by orb. Although Moon is just within orb of Mercury, they are in adjacent signs.
It would seem that each planetary trait has its own individual expression irrespective of what the other thinks(Mercury/3rd house influence), whilst Capricorn has a general reputation in distancing itself emotionally. This could present an issue to Jupiter that heightens the (in)ability regarding any feeling response from an emotionally and independently detached Moon in Aquarius.
Pluto in its own sign, ruler of Ascendant and in the 1st house is well aspected. There could be the conflict of internal emotions versus disinterest. Mood swings that may not be so apparent in the 'one-way-system' of the autist nature.

Thanks for the response. From what I can decipher, my chart does show an ASD, probably my depression and anxiety too-Capricorn for depression and 3rd house planets for anxiety. I'm guessing Pluto doesn't help with that either.

Will you be collecting my chart as well?

theoddone

Aspergers and Autism are not quite the same, although the lines are blurred depending on who's description of each you choose to believe. Autism isn't usually shown in natal charts, the potential for Autism is shown in transits though, and the symbolism wont always be the same.
Autism is a side effect of having poisonous material injected into ones body, so look to transits for the cause/effect meaning the pharmaceutical companies/doctors/media/uninformed parents. The effects of transits come from "out there" (the poison in the needle), while progressions indicate your internal response, so progressions should also be looked at.
Interestingly the Amish don't get immunized and therefore dont have Autism in their community, while mainstream American Autism rates are skyrocketing as the number of vaccinations climb each year. Pluto's sojourn through Capricorn is bringing this atrocity out into the public eye, while the CDC (centre for disease control) are employing every means at their disposal to deny any link. The title "centre for disease control" is a big givaway as to their purpose, otherwise the department would be called something different like "centre for disease eradication", they arn't there to eradicate disease, it's much more profitable to sell disease by proxy, and then sell medication/treatment of some type. Immunization is a 12th house issue,(Neptune illusion) while the 6th house is about how to avoid the damaging 12th house transit sources if you can work out the symbolism.

Okay...two things you've stated in your post about autism/Asperger Syndrome that are off. First off, Asperger Syndrome is a mild form of autism on the higher functioning end of the spectrum, therefore being a higher functioning form of autism itself. Secondly, autism is not caused by any poisonous material being injected into the body. Where did you get that idea? Scientists have already proven that is not the case at all and they are still trying to find out how autism spectrum disorders originate. You're spreading false information by claiming that vaccines cause autism so please stop.

Untamed1979

I am 37 and I'm just now discovering I may be high functioning autistic. My life growing up was rough to say the least. Could y'all look over my chart please?
7/26/79
13:52 (1:52pm)
Ames Iowa

craft94

For some reason, I've noticed Tthe signs, Taurus and Aquarius (especially Moon) tend to be recurringly present in the charts of autistic people.