Everyone has been super pissy in the past week.

Ukpoohbear

I am so sorry UK, it is going to be hard for a while, for many, I wish you well, and ask the Cosmos to show you favour. I don't think it will be their intent to keep us out of work for too long, I think they will just have a new world order? If they keep it up too long they will have too many dissidents to deal with. They want control, not dissidents.

I do have work about to come in, thankfully, my purse strings are more than strapped.

Good luck UK.

Well, I’m applying for an NHS administrative post tonight. Fingers crossed there’s not much competition for it. Between you and me, I don’t recognise Corona as a thing. I don’t know anyone who has it or who has died from it. I’m prepared to eat my words if circumstances change but happy to be ignorant because it generates positivity. I’m also prepared to adapt to a less materialistic life and let the chips fall where they may, but also wouldn’t mind working and having money in so I can decorate my flat buy clothes etc etc fuk it.

Chrysalis

I'm having a pissy week because of the recent FM transit with (moon) sat on my natal venus. Whilst at the same time transit venus was sitting on my natal moon triggering my moon square Saturn aspect. Venus is my time lord this year too so this transit was going to produce something.

This caused me to out of the blue break up with my (now ex) bf, we also had on this date the Mars/Uranus square which caused me to do it out of the blue.

I honestly feel like the planets puppets at times, with no control over my actions. I do believe that what is written for us is written, there is no getting away from it.

Chrysalis

But anyway my pissy week has got my arty self back, so i did some corona virus art today to put up at my window.

IMG-2369-2.jpg

waybread

Conspiracy theories are rampant, these days, chiamaria,, and totally unhelpful.

COVID-19 is afflicting most countries these days, or will soon. Some hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients, but the disease has not spread to every place. My region is pretty quiet. But not New York City, New Orleans, or Chicago. It's basic epidemiology.

Some countries have had much better records of controlling the disease than others. Usually it's due to quick action.

If anything, the numbers are under-represented, because inflected people may not yet know they are carriers and likely to become ill.

If you read up on the history of epidemics, you might start with the great influenza epidemic of 1918-19 ("Spanish flu") or the Black Death (bubonic plague) of 1347-50 in which a quarter of Europe's population died. Native Americans were decimated by European diseases against which they had no immunity, like small pox.

Just because people sequestering at home have extra time on their hands doesn't mean that conspiracy theories are helpful ways to spend it.

Chrysalis

I'm a conspiracy theorist so i like chiamaria's posts.

I have heard today too that china has been having infection rises again due to the lockdown now being relaxed. :unsure:

waybread

We all should be cautious before promoting conspiracy theories about something as critical as COVID-19. I mean, we're not talking about Hillary Clinton's body count or the CIA monitoring you through your dental fillings here.

If gullible people blow off CV-19 thinking it's just a conspiracy theory, and don't take protective measures outside: more people with catch it, sicken, and die. It's that simple.

Even attractive conspiracy theories need to be compared with basic textbook epidemiology about how diseases spread.

However, for those of you who do enjoy a good conspiracy theory now and then, try this one from the MSM, which actually seems to be for real:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6793733/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories-russia-china/

Opal

Premium Member
Conspiracy theories are rampant, these days, chiamaria,, and totally unhelpful.

COVID-19 is afflicting most countries these days, or will soon. Some hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients, but the disease has not spread to every place. My region is pretty quiet. But not New York City, New Orleans, or Chicago. It's basic epidemiology.

Some countries have had much better records of controlling the disease than others. Usually it's due to quick action.

If anything, the numbers are under-represented, because inflected people may not yet know they are carriers and likely to become ill.

If you read up on the history of epidemics, you might start with the great influenza epidemic of 1918-19 ("Spanish flu") or the Black Death (bubonic plague) of 1347-50 in which a quarter of Europe's population died. Native Americans were decimated by European diseases against which they had no immunity, like small pox.

Just because people sequestering at home have extra time on their hands doesn't mean that conspiracy theories are helpful ways to spend it.

Problem is Waybread, things are going to change. Today, there is talk from Justin Trudeau, Canada's Prime Minister, about the revival of the Emergency Act of 1988. It used to be called the War Measures Act. Renamed in 1988. It has only been used in the first and second world wars, and by Pierre Trudeau I do believe, during the October FLQ Crisis in Montreal. This isn't Conspiracy stuff. This is our Prime Minister. Put into plain English, it would be known as Martial Law. The government will be able to do whatever they want. There will probably be curfews, and shortages. I am not making this up, it is in Justin's daily address. He plans to put it before Cabinet, he has already spoken with the Premiers of each Province and territory.

waybread

The formula “mainstream means reliable” is no longer true. Mainstream sources have unreliably reported plenty of scary things to support a certain narrative. Like, only virus deaths matter.

I didn't say it was reliable

I've not seen any media say that only cv-19 deaths matter.

Opal

Premium Member
Thanks, Opal. Here's a bit on the Emergencies Act of 1988:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergencies_Act

https://thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/emergencies-act

Trudeau has a minority government at present, thankfully.

Thanks Waybread,

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/e-4.5/page-1.html

I went to the Emergency Act and read it. I believe covid is real, it is an influenza strain. Gullible is not what most would infer of me.

Things are going to be changed.

Should cut down on high school shootings though. Maybe bullying too.