My daughter's Chiron placement is freaking me out

dejathecreator

Hi All,
So I have been studying their birth charts since they were born. I recently have gotten into house placements and 2 y.o. has a house placement that I am quite scared of. Her natal Chiron is in Pisces & is placed in the 8th house. I've read everything I could on it and it all seems horrible. I've read about experiencing early death and also sexual abuse. Any mom would be freaking out after reading this. I don't know what to do with this and regret ever reading up on her Chiron. I am still learning and studying astrology in depth and I don't yet have a full understanding how much Chiron affects one outside of creating the wound that will need to be healed. Can someone help me understand this? I now feel like I will have to be overprotective and super cautious. I can't prevent anyone from dying but it kills me to know my child will experience these horrific events. Please help a freaked out mom that maybe should have never read her child's birth chart :crying:

Attachments

• Onyx Birth Chart.jpg
    Onyx Birth Chart.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 48

PlutoLibScoAsc

Umm... a short message/comfort for you at the meantime...
I have chiron conjunct moon in 8th (Gemini).

Moon conjunct chiron in the 8th may sound worse than your daughter's case and I am still surviving....
And her chiron isn't aspecting anything, that could be a saving grace to some extent.

Hope this gives you some hope that she can survive it...

Last edited:

PurpleReign

Hi All,
So I have been studying their birth charts since they were born. I recently have gotten into house placements and 2 y.o. has a house placement that I am quite scared of. Her natal Chiron is in Pisces & is placed in the 8th house. I've read everything I could on it and it all seems horrible. I've read about experiencing early death and also sexual abuse. Any mom would be freaking out after reading this. I don't know what to do with this and regret ever reading up on her Chiron. I am still learning and studying astrology in depth and I don't yet have a full understanding how much Chiron affects one outside of creating the wound that will need to be healed. Can someone help me understand this? I now feel like I will have to be overprotective and super cautious. I can't prevent anyone from dying but it kills me to know my child will experience these horrific events. Please help a freaked out mom that maybe should have never read her child's birth chart :crying:

It doesn't necessarily mean sexual abuse. It will play out differently for everyone. Obviously, you always want to be careful with your children, because you can never be too sure who to trust -- but that is regardless of their natal placements. Chiron in 8th may just mean she will struggle to spiritually connect or open up in sex, it can mean she has a fear of death and takes such matters very hard, it can mean she will struggle with debt or inheritance in some way, it can mean she will feel power struggles a lot, etc. Those are just off the top of my head, but my point is it doesn't necessarily mean sexual abuse.

Gemini888

First off, can you draw another chart on Astro.com? This chart doesn't provide me enough info to read.

Secondly, how do you describe your child currently? Is there anything different from other children?

waybread

Deja, what in heaven's name are you reading???? Yes, there is such a thing as the Dr. Doom School of Astrological Misery, but I think it is a huge misuse of astrology. If your readings are paper books or articles, maybe you would enjoy tossing them all into a ceremonial burning. Maybe your mom could bring the hot cocoa.

I feel really annoyed at astrologers who try to scare the bejeezus out of people, when oftentimes they're not even doing good astrology. (Sorry for the rant.)

It may help to break down the components of Chiron in the 8th in Pisces.

Chiron: "where it hurts" but also where, if we stay open to those hurts, we gain enormously in wisdom and compassion for other people. Note that Chiron in Greek mythology was a centaur who tutored gods and heroes, being especially proficient in the healing arts. Your daughter may develop the gift of healing the emotional wounds of other people, with her Chiron in compassionate Pisces.

8th house. Each house has multiple meanings. The 8th traditionally was the house of death. It ruled the sexual and eliminative organs, hence the notion that it is about sexuality (which is usually more of a 5th house matter.) It also rules money or assets that we share with other people in some way, such as investments and life insurance. It rules a spouse's or partners money (2nd house from the 7th.) In modern astrology the 8th has an association with "occult" matters, meaning probing life's mysteries in a more spiritual manner.

So everybody dies. Since ancient times astrologers have known that we cannot read death transparently off the 8th house. The 8th would be a great placement for a hospice care worker, an investment banker, an insurance broker, a highly spiritual person, or a gynecologist.

Aspects: Generally squares and oppositions indicate difficulties. Sextiles and trines indicate an easy flow. The disposition of conjunctions depends upon the involved planets. Simply having Chiron in the 8th means nothing: you'd want to see how it relates to the rest of the chart.

Your daughter's Chiron actually makes few major aspects, just a sextile with Pluto. That's to the good.

Yes, some people with Chiron in the 8th can have bad experiences, but everyone has Chiron somewhere. We all learn from life's hard knocks in some area of our lives; and some Chirons are better placed than others.

Pisces: A sign shows how or in what manner a planet operates. Pisces is the mutable water sign, suggesting that Chiron will function in a way that is more adaptable (mutable) and emotional or spiritual (water.)

Generally, I think your daughter has a strong chart, with 3 domiciled planets (in the sign they rule.) Neptune, the moon, and Mars. These will be big assets when she decides what she wants to do with her life. With Leo rising, her smile will probably light up the room. With her Cancer moon, she will probably be a deeply caring person. With her Aquarian sun sextile Uranus, I would count on an original, independent streak.

A big rule of astrology is that the stars impel, but they do not compel. Nowhere is it written in the heavens that your daughter will experience the horrible things you mention.

I hope this eases up your fears for your beautiful little angel.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi worried mummy,
Everything written by Waybread has been acknowledged (so far) by katydid and myself.
You could think of us as the three grandmas, old crones, fairy godmothers, or 'witches' 'huddled around a cauldron made by a factory called 'astrology', weaving our magic spells through the thoughts and words that come from an accumulative astro. knowledge that probably exceeds more than 100 years.:smile: Hopefully that will count for something more than those articles written by 'sensationalist' astrologers who think to be telling a truth based so often upon negative personal experiences that become 'the norm', rather than astro. research that provides a wider picture.

I would make one suggestion to you to do now, based upon the horoscope recipe chart of your daughter.
Read up on the effects of a Moon trine Neptune and Moon opposite Pluto ingredients from a good astrology site, which will explain the effect of the mother role and her behaviour upon a child in its growing years. This can have a very strong influence upon a child's own behaviour pattern in those same informative growing years.
Follow by looking up and adding the ingredients of a Sun in Aquarius trine Jupiter and sextile Uranus (modern ruler Aquarius!) in Aries.
You might add Sun on the midpoint of Chiron-Pluto as a spicy personal ingredient that adds extra flavour to the whole dish.
THEN stir well:wink:

You could try comparing her recipe chart with your own to see how they interact together. Do they present a sweet or sour combination dish, or is the mixture just too different to combine ?

Moon-Pluto can read to refer to 'a precocious child' that rules the roost with its overpowering tantrums. I have four of seven grandchildren with such aspects, three of which would seem to prove the point (one is a Sun in Aquarius!). Yet the answer (Pluto!) would seem to lie in the effect of circumstances in their upbringing from which they (still) struggled to break free once their own wills began to bubble, form, and take effect. Do you know who has always had the least issues? Sun in Aquarius because it always did its own thing, even as a child. It wasn't rebellious, just very self-minded (Mercury in Aquarius!).

Aquarian Suns are individualists (hé Waybread?:smile:). They can't be 'moulded' into a conventional pattern. Your daughter is NOT you. She is 'a child of her time'. Chiron's position could well be the making of her.
It may be the wisest lesson the cauldron pot can teach you.:smile:

Hkk

Account Closed
i agree no one should scare anyone. It gives astrology a bad name.

I think people are just giving their experiences with it and maybe feeling like they could help someone. This is what chiron is about. Overcoming the pain by helping others.

You are a good mother and as a good mother will look out for their children as you are now. Jut continue doing that and being aware and alert like all mothers. I cant and wont tell you how to be a mum you know that more than others. You just need to not trust others around her as a child. But understand this is what all mothers should do. Not trust people around their child.

Now i might have others say well you cant say that but yes i can say it as its a child we are talking about and with every child's welfare the number one priority is cautious around others.

Now im not here to scare but to say if your worried it could mean this or that then the best thing you can do is be cautious. You cant change a chart.
And anyway chiron may not mean anything that they say it means.