To those who have been severely depressed

The way in which the majority of the powers that be, that direct modern day society, operate are in conflict with Nature. Yes, they are a part of Nature, and what I am saying is that this/these forces are working against themselves.

for instance: fossil fuels that destroy the earth and make the water and air we need to live instead of the other technologies that have been buried or not utilized, industrialized gardening that toxifies the food and the environment, when organic could be used MORE easily even on an industrial scale and provide more nutritious produce that does not kill ourselves and make the whole earth toxic, and much much more.

I believe that this does indeed lead to more people being depressed because they are cut off and isolated from Nature. They think they are apart from it, when the reality is that they are a part of it. Mainstream society is not overcoming nature(not in the long run) it is destroying itself. It does not have to be like this. I believe a new society will emerge that is in tune.

There are changes being made. some cities are doing a great job in a lot of areas. Take NY for example and their water system - the whole water shed(or whatever you call the natural areas they have that feed their water supply) is protected- it is a beautiful system.

i have thought about starting a community that's focus is living in tune with nature. and helping the world to do it as well.

but I understand this may not be the sort of thing you are interested in or looking for i don't want to get off topic, but i believe it is related.

I suffer from depression too, mainly because of my family, but ***** them I'm done with them, and working o n my **** now,.

Blessings

Last edited:
i own some properties. and I have daydreamed about the way in which to run it for a lot of time. also i have thought of ways to seek funding too, and contemplated the details. i should have already jumped like the kangaroo on some of this stuff but ....

Prominent

Prominent what would you like to do that you feel you can't because you feel inferior? I am not trying to be a therapist here and to say 'everything is possible woohoo!'...I am just curious.
That's the thing- I don't know what I need to do because I have no reason to do anything. I use to create art and design things, but people would just use me for their own gains or visions. I'd rather not do anything than to be used by others, because everything I've done feels like it never mattered to anyone- just images to passively observe as they go on with their own lives.

retinoid

That's the thing- I don't know what I need to do because I have no reason to do anything. I use to create art and design things, but people would just use me for their own gains or visions. I'd rather not do anything than to be used by others, because everything I've done feels like it never mattered to anyone- just images to passively observe as they go on with their own lives.

So you would like to create art that causes change?

retinoid

i own some properties. and I have daydreamed about the way in which to run it for a lot of time. also i have thought of ways to seek funding too, and contemplated the details. i should have already jumped like the kangaroo on some of this stuff but ....

I think starting an organic farm would be the best thing for you to do.

Prominent

So you would like to create art that causes change?
well, art does cause changes because by creating anything, you end up altering the topography of what you experience.
the issue with that though is that people haven't acknowledged how much change I can do, so I'm left feeling as if I've done nothing and that whatever I do doesn't mean that much. Everyone has their own view on what is important (and usually it is placed in themselves and their own opinions).
The mistake I made is that I was led to believe that people actually cared about what I was doing, but what I was doing turned out to be just something to entertain others.

there is a possibility that there is no such thing as meaning. that all there is, is perspective.
i know that it can be a very tough, enduring battle to maintain a positive and worthwhile perspective, but with work and a daily routine of affirmation it may be possible.

Prominent

Meaning is what gives perspective. If we didn't have a sense of meaning then we would just be vegetables staring off into space or soaking in the sun.
Also, a routine of affirmation is a mute point because to be simply here is an affirmation to exist. There's no escaping some sort of affirmation. We spend all our younger years affirming that we'll grow up to be something and when we grow up it's like all the promises that were told are now broken, revealed as a shroud meant to keep us complacent within our vulnerable soft shell. Then all of a sudden we're suppose to somehow make our shells harder and further close ourselves in and constrict us more- or harden it so that we can push against other shells and soften them.

retinoid

Meaning is what gives perspective. If we didn't have a sense of meaning then we would just be vegetables staring off into space or soaking in the sun.
Also, a routine of affirmation is a mute point because to be simply here is an affirmation to exist. There's no escaping some sort of affirmation. We spend all our younger years affirming that we'll grow up to be something and when we grow up it's like all the promises that were told are now broken, revealed as a shroud meant to keep us complacent within our vulnerable soft shell. Then all of a sudden we're suppose to somehow make our shells harder and further close ourselves in and constrict us more- or harden it so that we can push against other shells and soften them.

Prominent I have discovered that nothing outside will ever make me happy or satisfied. It *****...because we are told that things will. Or that romance will...I think we live in a VERY unhappy society right now. Many people are looking around saying, 'why am I never satisfied? why am I never happy? when do I catch a break?'...

This world is now squeezing people alive. Some more than others. The answer is not to make shells harder, but to take off the shell.

retinoid

well, art does cause changes because by creating anything, you end up altering the topography of what you experience.
the issue with that though is that people haven't acknowledged how much change I can do, so I'm left feeling as if I've done nothing and that whatever I do doesn't mean that much. Everyone has their own view on what is important (and usually it is placed in themselves and their own opinions).
The mistake I made is that I was led to believe that people actually cared about what I was doing, but what I was doing turned out to be just something to entertain others.

Very few artists stuck around long enough to notice the effects of their art work and even musicians and actors/actresses. Sometimes you are called to just do and trust that your work will play some part eventually. And what do you mean 'entertain' others? Were they making fun of you?

Prominent

If you take off the shell, you'll just become absorbed within everything. We're already becoming absorbed within the flood of information and data- the answer isn't to remove our shell but to understand why we have one and that it is okay to use it.

By entertaining, I mean that others use you like some expendable asset- they don't think deep enough to really deal with what they are handling in the ways they should be handled. There have been so many times where I've been promised certain things or been given assurance of things that would happen, and in most cases they would end up being lies or promises that never are carried through, sometimes even to the extent that I am put on the side and disrespected when I'm not utilized in the best ways but rather dealt with like it's an afterthought. I've become tired of expecting what people say will happen, and I'm not going to let myself be taken into those types of situations again. People need to say what they mean and back it up. There's a reason why I'm a quiet person in real-life- because I want to be sure that if I do say something, I'm speaking truthfully and not simply saying stuff to sound social-able.
But hey, maybe some of it was my own fault- but a lot of why I am the way that I am is because other people have given me certain outlooks on life and I tend to feel like I see clear enough to understand what is really happening, or maybe I'm just more willing to speak the truth when most people are either oblivious to it or are afraid to put a focus on it.

fullmoonlibra

I'm actually thankful to Saturn because it keeps my head cool.
It's trine and sextile to moon opposite mercury..
it's helpful to stay clear, even with superhard saturn transit through 3rd house, conjunct South Node and Pluto, and opposite Sun.
It makes me feel proud, because I realise now how mature, strong, patient and realistic I can be when my world turns upside down..

-what doesn't kill you, makes you indeed stronger-

Last edited:

retinoid

If you take off the shell, you'll just become absorbed within everything. We're already becoming absorbed within the flood of information and data- the answer isn't to remove our shell but to understand why we have one and that it is okay to use it.

The shell is what makes the world as is. Everything/everyone was from the same place and unto that place will we all go. There is no 'self'...you are not, under any circumstances, independent. Your clothes, food, electronics, car, water, etc. were made by hundreds of millions of people. You are totally dependent on others and other things (plants, animals, the sun). We are not 'shelled', it just feels like we are.

I've become tired of expecting what people say will happen, and I'm not going to let myself be taken into those types of situations again. People need to say what they mean and back it up. There's a reason why I'm a quiet person in real-life- because I want to be sure that if I do say something, I'm speaking truthfully and not simply saying stuff to sound social-able.

I've been through the same thing countless times. People promising internships or jobs or to call this or that person and they don't do anything and eventually ignore me. It is a by product of society now (and the physical world in general), but also do you think that maybe you are getting a message somehow by god/the universe/whatever?

Prominent

I understand that the shell is basically the world that is wrapped around you. I know that there is a Self, because I have a perspective that is unique to my own view. Maybe we all share the same Self, but from my vantage point I can proclaim it as being mine, just as you can proclaim it being yours. The Self is real and to doubt it is to doubt your own existence, everything you know is true.
The Self exists through everything and empties out into nothing where it becomes everything again. Just because I share it with everyone doesn't mean that I don't have a Self or that I can't proclaim it as mine. I can rightfully say it is mine because I am here doing it/proving it.
The only message I've seemed to be able to discern from my situations is that people don't understand me enough. So I'm working on learning how to communicate that more effectively by trying to understand what exactly I represent so that I can imprint myself into the world.

retinoid

The Self exists through everything and empties out into nothing where it becomes everything again. Just because I share it with everyone doesn't mean that I don't have a Self or that I can't proclaim it as mine. I can rightfully say it is mine because I am here doing it/proving it.
The only message I've seemed to be able to discern from my situations is that people don't understand me enough. So I'm working on learning how to communicate that more effectively by trying to understand what exactly I represent so that I can imprint myself into the world.

I think communicating more effectively is a good step and I think you are doing that now because before I had no idea what you were talking about and now I can understand you perfectly.

i relate somewhat to what Prominent has said about being misunderstood and communication. the problem is is that a word is a bunch of lines composing letters constructing words that everyone may or may not define the same way.

yea, speaking the language is something you may have to re learn to do if you travel too far outside the atmosphere.

Prominent

sometimes I surprise myself with the things I say. Like I'd read back on stuff I said and find ways of reinterpreting it.

sometimes my mood effects how i interpret stuff too- that's probably the case with anyone though unless they are emotionless..

retinoid

i relate somewhat to what Prominent has said about being misunderstood and. the problem is is that a word is a bunch of lines composing letters constructing words that everyone may or may not define the same way.

yea, speaking the language is something you may have to re learn to do if you travel too far outside the atmosphere.

I have traveled many times outside the atmosphere...sometimes not knowing if I'd ever be truly functional in society again. But here I am. As einstein said, 'reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one'...

I am not talking about people who have been depressed from time to time, but those who have had severe mental challenges, even to the point of obsessively thinking about killing or hurting themselves their whole lives. Where they have tried to do everything they can to try to help themselves (meds, therapy, meditation, etc.) but still struggle everyday.

What do you think is your cause?...Can you find any meaning in it?

For me, the cause was the inability to consolidate my spiritual ideal of love / acceptance of myself and others, with the real world isolation, deprivation of, and total indifference to that love, by other people. It is very hard not to enter such deep depression, when you cannot gain the inner sustenance you need to survive, if what you give is never returned.

I guess it opened me up creatively. I got through it by writing poetry, pages and pages, to release how i felt. Another thing that helped was listening to music, which helped me realise I wasn't alone, and somebody out there understood.