Question on a Taurus...?

Ness22

Hello,

I have a question about the Taurean personality.
So, I'm a Pisces sun, cancer moon, and I've always gravitated towards Taurus as we're supposed to. It's all really great in the beginning and we click instantly, but gradually they begin to show this very selfish side and it mostly ruined my friendship with the ones I knew, especially Taurus women.
I had this friend since childhood/school, who was a Taurus and we were really close up until a certain point, but as we grew older, she just became very selfish, greedy, entitled and it seemed like she only cared about her own needs and turned out to be a very insensitive friend. She would even hide things from me because she secretly saw me as competition, and all she cared about was getting ahead. We still talk, but for us pisces who are quite humanitarian at heart, some of those qualities are a real turn-off!

Anyway I met this Taurus person - guy, and we clicked instantly and there was something different about him. He seemed to be more gentle and far less selfish than the average Taurus. He has a Venus in pisces, so could that be the reason? (I have my Sun, Venus and Saturn in Pisces) There's just a connection between us where he understands me, even when I don't speak much.
I really don't want to invest in another friendship that is going to let me down in the future. So I wanted to ask if his chart would be indicative of a narcissistic personality?

Here are his placements, I'm unsure of the Ascendant however.
Sun in 5° 2' Taurus
Moon in 20° 23' Aries
Mercury in 10° 52' Aries
Venus in 20° 41' Pisces
Mars in 9° 12' Taurus
Jupiter in 18° 26' Pisces
Saturn in 24° 51' Aries
Uranus in 12° 32' Aquarius
Neptune in 2° 8' Aquarius
Pluto in 7° 31' Sagittarius (r)
North Node in 7° 39' Virgo (r)
Chiron in 16° 25' Scorpio (r)
Ascendant in 11° 1' Leo

Last edited:

Ekonomist13

Hello,

I have a question about the Taurean personality.
So, I'm a Pisces sun, cancer moon, and I've always gravitated towards Taurus as we're supposed to. It's all really great in the beginning and we click instantly, but gradually they begin to show this very selfish side and it mostly ruined my friendship with the ones I knew, especially Taurus women.
I had this friend since childhood/school, who was a Taurus and we were really close up until a certain point, but as we grew older, she just became very selfish, greedy, entitled and it seemed like she only cared about her own needs and turned out to be a very insensitive friend. She would even hide things from me because she secretly saw me as competition, and all she cared about was getting ahead. We still talk, but for us pisces who are quite humanitarian at heart, some of those qualities are a real turn-off!

Anyway I met this Taurus person - guy, and we clicked instantly and there was something different about him. He seemed to be more gentle and far less selfish than the average Taurus. He has a Venus in pisces, so could that be the reason? (I have my Sun, Venus and Saturn in Pisces) There's just a connection between us where he understands me, even when I don't speak much.
I really don't want to invest in another friendship that is going to let me down in the future. So I wanted to ask if his chart would be indicative of a narcissistic personality?

Here are his placements, I'm unsure of the Ascendant however.
Sun in 5° 2' Taurus
Moon in 20° 23' Aries
Mercury in 10° 52' Aries
Venus in 20° 41' Pisces
Mars in 9° 12' Taurus
Jupiter in 18° 26' Pisces
Saturn in 24° 51' Aries
Uranus in 12° 32' Aquarius
Neptune in 2° 8' Aquarius
Pluto in 7° 31' Sagittarius (r)
North Node in 7° 39' Virgo (r)
Chiron in 16° 25' Scorpio (r)
Ascendant in 11° 1' Leo

I've also had terrible experience with Taurus women (2 ex girlfriends, wouldn't recommed to a Pisces guy), but then again, Taurus men I have in my life are nothing like women.

They don't curse/swear, they're calm and fun to be around, assertive and ambitious yet caring and patient.

Just avoid Taurus women - they will make everyone's life miserable until they get knocked up and bound to some financially stable guy with marriage bonds.

Ness22

I've also had terrible experience with Taurus women (2 ex girlfriends, wouldn't recommed to a Pisces guy), but then again, Taurus men I have in my life are nothing like women.

They don't curse/swear, they're calm and fun to be around, assertive and ambitious yet caring and patient.

Just avoid Taurus women - they will make everyone's life miserable until they get knocked up and bound to some financially stable guy with marriage bonds.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice!
I have had bad experiences with most of my Taurus female friends. They were always either insecure or jealous or constantly competing...it made it difficult to have a real friendship.
I'm a pisces girl and much more easy going and not that calculative.
As for Taurus men, they are sweet and stable and make me feel secure. My ex colleague was one and he did swear when he was angry at times.. But yeah.
They are usually nice people but I'm always wary that the selfishness trait would come through irrespective of the gender.
Anyway thanks for the reply. :)

Ekonomist13

I'm also Pisces :D

Well, I think their selfishness is based on lack of security and weakness. They feel weak so they need to look at themselves first. However, they are superficially charming and there will always be people who will be able to love them as they are. But just not Pisces :D

And I think Taurian men are confident and powerful enough not to let their selfishness take over.

Ness22

Well, I think their selfishness is based on lack of security and weakness. They feel weak so they need to look at themselves first. However, they are superficially charming and there will always be people who will be able to love them as they are. But just not Pisces :D

And I think Taurian men are confident and powerful enough not to let their selfishness take over.

I think Taurus men can be selfish too, and they are hard to get through to, they don't trust people easily or take a lot of risks, because of their need for security as you pointed out, which always comes first!
So in that way, I can't relate with them. As a pisces, I make more decisions with my heart than my head and they aren't like that. They aren't very spontaneous either. They do have a love and appreciation for art and stuff like us, so we just 'get' each other. They also can be very caring and loving with those close to them. As a pisces girl, that is my experience with Taurus members of the opposite sex. So yeah, I suppose every sign would have its pros and cons and no individual will be perfect.
A Taurus with some water placements would be great, maybe.

Ekonomist13

I think Taurus men can be selfish too, and they are hard to get through to, they don't trust people easily or take a lot of risks, because of their need for security as you pointed out, which always comes first!
So in that way, I can't relate with them. As a pisces, I make more decisions with my heart than my head and they aren't like that. They aren't very spontaneous either. They do have a love and appreciation for art and stuff like us, so we just 'get' each other. They also can be very caring and loving with those close to them. As a pisces girl, that is my experience with Taurus members of the opposite sex. So yeah, I suppose every sign would have its pros and cons and no individual will be perfect.
A Taurus with some water placements would be great, maybe.

Yes, the best Taurus man I know has 6 planets in water signs

jkxx74

Premium Member
He has a Venus in pisces, so could that be the reason?

Possibly... I have Venus in Pisces and it does make me a little un-Capricorn with that placement, on the other hand I know someone who is a narcissist and also has Venus in Pisces (but is not a Cap sun) so just having that placement does not definitely say yay or nay on any of that. On the other hand since your own sun is in Pisces you would resonate with this placement more easily than with others, save for the other water Venus placements.

As for Taurus being selfish - know a few, I would not call them selfish especially though they are very focused (almost devoted) to the things they care about and not so much to things they don't, and there is a pretty sharp boundary between one and the other. If you click with the things they care about you'll be amazed at how they handle them but for things which lie outside of their interests, not so much. But that is my perspective as another earth sign.

Ness22

Possibly... I have Venus in Pisces and it does make me a little un-Capricorn with that placement, on the other hand I know someone who is a narcissist and also has Venus in Pisces (but is not a Cap sun) so just having that placement does not definitely say yay or nay on any of that. On the other hand since your own sun is in Pisces you would resonate with this placement more easily than with others, save for the other water Venus placements.

As for Taurus being selfish - know a few, I would not call them selfish especially though they are very focused (almost devoted) to the things they care about and not so much to things they don't, and there is a pretty sharp boundary between one and the other. If you click with the things they care about you'll be amazed at how they handle them but for things which lie outside of their interests, not so much. But that is my perspective as another earth sign.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response!

Yeah, I probably find myself having a lot in common with him because of my sun and Venus in pisces which is in conjunction with his Venus in pisces. Also, pisces and Taurus are sextile signs that should get along well.

I do know Taurus can be very devoted to what they care about and sometimes those can also be material things. I have also seen that some of them have a very selfish side and the generosity is limited to only those they hold close but us pisces, are generous in a more universal way. But, yes, on the whole they are peaceful people unless provoked.
With respect to this particular friend of mine, only time will tell I suppose. Thanks for your insight anyway.

Last edited:

chiamaria

To be fair, I find this a common trait amongst many people, Earth or not Earth signs. People are just generally apathetic unless it concerns them personally or they see something to gain from it.

Ness22

To be fair, I find this a common trait amongst many people, Earth or not Earth signs. People are just generally apathetic unless it concerns them personally or they see something to gain from it.

So true, I agree. Most people lack empathy or concern for others, or for humanity in general, and are very self oriented.

I've found that people with Aquarius, Pisces or Sagittarius sun or these placements dominating their charts, and maybe even Capricorn to a lesser extent...are the only ones who are inclined towards being humanitarian. Of course you could be of any other sign and still be like that, but this is what I've observed mostly.
And as a pisces myself, I find it hard to relate to the more selfish and highly materialistic signs. The way they view the world and what motivates and drives them, is something I just can't relate with. (I have had many Aries and Taurus friends, great people to be friends with but they have that selfish streak)
So being a pisces, I suppose it's easy to feel like the odd one out..and sometimes I wish I wasn't one lol

GB35

I am Taurus native so if I may say few things. You can find my birth chart attached, which based on I should be selfish. But here is my simple explanation.

As a Taurus native, we are not selfish, rather we are analytical and stubborn as to how we do things and think.. we kind a have the "we can do it best attitude".. but that's not selfishness.

My advice is with Taurus man or women, you should be straightforward and put both feet on the ground, stating your mind and feelings. Don't hesitate to challenge Taurus and say what you think. We appreciate ppl who are direct, because as someone's post here was, we tend to focus on "feeling secure" which is actually true. However we need to be reminded that it takes two or collective spirit/love to feel true happiness. Hope it helps, and I bet it will work especially if there is chemistry between you two.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-08 at 11.32.59.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-12-08 at 11.32.59.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 30

Ness22

I am Taurus native so if I may say few things. You can find my birth chart attached, which based on I should be selfish. But here is my simple explanation.

As a Taurus native, we are not selfish, rather we are analytical and stubborn as to how we do things and think.. we kind a have the "we can do it best attitude".. but that's not selfishness.

My advice is with Taurus man or women, you should be straightforward and put both feet on the ground, stating your mind and feelings. Don't hesitate to challenge Taurus and say what you think. We appreciate ppl who are direct, because as someone's post here was, we tend to focus on "feeling secure" which is actually true. However we need to be reminded that it takes two or collective spirit/love to feel true happiness. Hope it helps, and I bet it will work especially if there is chemistry between you two.

Hi GB35,

Thank you for your response, insight on Tauruses and for weighing in on my situation!
As per your chart, you have some key planets in air signs such as moon, Mars and Jupiter in the signs of Libra, Gemini and Aquarius, which I think might make you more flexible than the average Taurus.
I never said all Tauruses are bad, I've met some good ones and some really narcissistic ones that had no regard for others' feelings or needs. The stubbornness and unwillingness to see things from anyone else's point of view only made it worse.
Anyway, some of them are nice, very caring and make good friends I suppose.
As for this person, we are just friends for now and I hope my past experiences with Tauruses don't cloud my judgement of him.

ellie04

[attacking comment - Moderator]

If you take time to understand a Taurus, you will know where their selfishness comes from, but in other ways, Taurus can also be very helpful to those they care about.

This para I extracted from the website summarises it well:
"Taureans can be considered quite selfish due to their stubbornness and their strong beliefs. They always protect their own interests above anything else, as to ensure their comfort. However, they are highly intuitive, and can be people pleasers because of that. They take it to heart when they see people who need a compassionate hand, and will always live for the people they care about."

If you're important to a Taurus, they will go the extra mile for you...they'll be very generous. But if you're not important to them, they will not. They're very practical like that.

Don't demand that a Taurus come out of his/her comfort zone for you unless you're very special to them. You're only a normal friend? Forget it. They will only do so if they feel like it, not because you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ness22

[attacking comment - Moderator]

If you take time to understand a Taurus, you will know where their selfishness comes from, but in other ways, Taurus can also be very helpful to those they care about.

This para I extracted from the website summarises it well:
"Taureans can be considered quite selfish due to their stubbornness and their strong beliefs. They always protect their own interests above anything else, as to ensure their comfort. However, they are highly intuitive, and can be people pleasers because of that. They take it to heart when they see people who need a compassionate hand, and will always live for the people they care about."

If you're important to a Taurus, they will go the extra mile for you...they'll be very generous. But if you're not important to them, they will not. They're very practical like that.

Don't demand that a Taurus come out of his/her comfort zone for you unless you're very special to them. You're only a normal friend? Forget it. They will only do so if they feel like it, not because you want it.

Lol I don't have any such expectations or demands from Tauruses. I have actually been let down by Tauruses I knew in the past, who claimed I was a close friend. I've met both good and bad ones of this sign, as it is with every sign. So yeah.

In fact you'd think fire signs are selfish, but I've met Aries and Leo persons who have been there for me more than the Tauruses I know. I even had a Taurus female friend who I've known since childhood, openly admit to me, that I'm one of the very few friends she has, and that she's super calculative and doesn't see the point of having friends.

Anyway, my question here was quite general and about the selfishness trait which most of them do seem to possess. It was a question on the Taurean personality. And I didn't speak or elaborate much here on the specifics of my relationship with that person, so would be great if you refrained from commenting on it, especially if you didn't have anything positive to say.!

Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed

Well, I think their selfishness is based on lack of security and weakness.
They feel weak so they need to look at themselves first.

no taurus is weak. Taurus is a fix sign with persisting energy.

And every body has a taurus in his own chart. Taurus is in natural zodiac 2nd house sign of setting boundaries and selfprotection. Taurus is first of all sensitive about own territory.

People having problems with a taurus might have themselves weak boundaries and weak self protection in their chart and in their 2nd house with sign placed therein.

And therefore probably issues with taurus - who always instinstively know about very well - as they are born with this sun energy.

Zora

Account Closed
Taurus is first of all sensitive about own territory.

Where taurus is placed in house - makes a considerable difference and taurus is not equal taurus - can show itself completely different.

Taurus in 10th house might see his main territory in being sensitive about his good reputation in society and in his career.

Selfish is a taurus more in natural zodiac sun house - 5th house- then sensitive about pride and attention and respect as his own territory to protect.

Taurus in 4th house is sensitive about family and own real home.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I have a Taurus sun mother who has a serious attitude on life, reality and what matters to her over pity or frivolous issues. But, for women, their moon sign is a bigger factor in their personality: her moon is 29' Aquarius-1' Pisces (I need her exact birth time on Apr 29, 1951 - between 11:00 and 11:40pm PST) and Aquarian and Piscean traits really show: more open-minded and is spiritually religious. And a similarly cusping Sagittarius and Capricorn ascendant (29' Sag- 1' Cap) to give off a skeptical Sagittarian or scientific Capricorn character. Is she a Taurus? or more like her moon? and the rising is her individual profile: not exactly what you expect in Taurus (she reminds me of many Aries people). And edit: 271' or 1' Capricorn is representative of pregnancy, motherhood and babies, one of the degrees to represent this, and she happens to be my mother, after all, to have this degree as one of 2 possible rising times.

Last edited:

ellie04

Lol I don't have any such expectations or demands from Tauruses. I have actually been let down by Tauruses I knew in the past, who claimed I was a close friend. I've met both good and bad ones of this sign, as it is with every sign. So yeah.

In fact you'd think fire signs are selfish, but I've met Aries and Leo persons who have been there for me more than the Tauruses I know. I even had a Taurus female friend who I've known since childhood, openly admit to me, that I'm one of the very few friends she has, and that she's super calculative and doesn't see the point of having friends.

Anyway, my question here was quite general and about the selfishness trait which most of them do seem to possess. It was a question on the Taurean personality. And I didn't speak or elaborate much here on the specifics of my relationship with that person, so would be great if you refrained from commenting on it, especially if you didn't have anything positive to say.!

If you don't have expectations, then why do you feel let down? Think about it. What negative things have I said about who? I merely said to understand the "selfish" side of Taurus (and I'm a Taurus btw). Or were you just trying to get people to agree with you?

Aries have always been there for you? That's not my experience though. I've helped my Aries friend a gazillion times over the last 20yrs (including lending her money, helping her through her divorce, spring cleaning her room, planning all our holidays even paying for her first, etc) while she just take and take and take, until my friends had to ask me to stop. I've got backstabbed repeatedly (and very badly) by Pisces / Scorpio ex-colleagues as well.

So you see... everyone has different experiences with different signs. Anyway, to judge someone based on sun sign alone is not accurate. You have to look at what their whole natal chart is showing.

Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
. Anyway, to judge someone based on sun sign alone is not accurate. You have to look at what their whole natal chart is showing.

This is very true for me, too. As real astrology is more than the sun sign - every chart has in its own circle all signs in - in different experience levels.

And only a good placed taurus with more than sun in taurus is a real intense taurus.

If only talking about sun signs - in fact - every sun is meant to be selfish - as it is natural zodiac ruling sign ruler in 5th house - leo - self-identification and self-expression - own will and own ego and own personal I AM.

A know a lot of people - preferrably women searching and looking for their I Am, their own will their whole life - especially within relationship with a man..

I merely said to understand the "selfish" side of Taurus (and I'm a Taurus btw).

I am a taurus, too - an 11th house taurus - with moon, mercury and sun in taurus. And I myself did never had much contact or attraction with taurus women nor liked them very much or have been in same understanding with them. Neither with taurus men.

Whenever I needed help for health issues - leo-sun people were my preferred healers and also longlasting friends - as well as aquarius people.

My sign for issues is sagittarius - or better said strong energized and aspected jupiter people. :ninja: