Depression in my chart?

nymph

I have been suffering from major depression over 2 years, and i am unemployed and cannot find a job as a journalist which makes everything worse everyday.

I've always been interested in astrology yet i still couldn't find the reason or reasons for this hell that i'm living. Can anyone help me find the astrology behind this?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_.79978.27404.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_.79978.27404.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

AppLeo

You have Moon in Pisces. This placement is often linked to some form of depression.

Moon is also conjunct MC, so you care very much about your career or life's work. Not having a job is clearly going to make you depressed.

RaRohini

Hi !
As per vedic chart,
You are under Saturn dasha from 2004 to 2023 which is a difficult period for you since you have 3 planets Sun Mercury and Saturn in the 8th house in Capricorn Sravana who has extra sensitivity to the surroundings. Saturn is well placed and exalted in Sravana and so these lessons which you learn now will be very useful. Currently you are under Moon Antardasha and the Moon is in Aqua Purvabhadra the wild child. Things will get much better after 12.12.2016 when Mars Antardasha kicks in and Mars is placed in the 7th house of partnerships in Sagittarius U.Ashada which will do what it will to get you out of this state.
Journalism or any job which involves communication may be very good for you as Ascendant is Gemini Ardra and Jupiter sits in the 3rd house of communication.

Last edited:

nymph

You have Moon in Pisces. This placement is often linked to some form of depression.

Moon is also conjunct MC, so you care very much about your career or life's work. Not having a job is clearly going to make you depressed.

Thank you so much for the reply and yes i've been thinking about this Moon pisces placement it also makes me to addicted to pretty much everything:sad: and asc in cancer gives more and more emotions which doesn't really makes me a good aquarius i guess...

and talking about MC do you think of that moon jupiter opposition between 9th and 3rd house?

Thank you so much for the reply and yes i've been thinking about this Moon pisces placement it also makes me to addicted to pretty much everything:sad: and asc in cancer gives more and more emotions which doesn't really makes me a good aquarius i guess...

and talking about MC do you think of that moon jupiter opposition between 9th and 3rd house?

It makes you 'addicted to pretty much everything'...then if you go on a detox, this should help give you control over your life.
your inner nature with sun in Aquarius can be objective, despite the watery emotions of your moon and Rising sign...try using your writing as an outlet for your emotional nature...journalism is in your chart, as stated above, so keep striving for it!! Plus, with most of the world being in a recession, it's really not your fault if you're struggling to find a career in what you like.
It sounds like you know the answers of how to fix this problem yourself, you just need to find the will inside. Astrology aside, from one who understands depression to another - Keep going :)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I have been suffering from major depression over 2 years,
and i am unemployed and cannot find a job as a journalist
which makes everything worse everyday.

I've always been interested in astrology
yet i still couldn't find the reason or reasons for this hell that i'm living.
Can anyone help me find the astrology behind this?

47lqag75z
You have Sun Mercury, Saturn, Mars and Venus all in signs that are traditionally Saturn ruled :smile:
and your natal Saturn in domicile in Aquarius is very strong and has a major influence on Sun, Mercury, Mars and Venus
so lets check out the significations of Saturn from ancient sources
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/Abu_Mashar_Saturn.html

JUPITERASC

Thank you so much for the reply and yes i've been thinking about this Moon pisces placement
it also makes me to addicted to pretty much everything:sad:
and asc in cancer gives more and more emotions which doesn't really makes me a good aquarius i guess...
Your Cancer ascendant is supportively trined by your Pisces Moon conjunct MC :smile:
Pisces is traditionally ruled by Jupiter and your natal Jupiter is in Virgo
a Mercury-ruled sign

however
Virgo is Jupiters detriment, traditionally known as "exile" because in Virgo, Jupiter is opposing his own home sign
It's comparable to being far away from home with few friends and lacking resources except for the bare minimum
so Jupiters ability to provide support is minimal

JUPITERASC

With all those planets in gloomy Saturns domain it is very important to avoid brooding
Find ways to cheer yourself
For example, if you have access to a garden
or even a public park with trees or any area of natural beauty
you would find comfort there
because one of Saturns significations is land, gardening and so on
:smile:
If you are unemployed then use your enforced leisure wisely, maybe go for long walks
that of course depends on what is available to you locally - just do your best to avoid staying indoors brooding

Flower-Cutting-Garden-G020859.jpg

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi nymph,

As a former depression sufferer I can relate to the gloom you are experiencing and wanted to start with saying you can beat it, especially since you seem to be aware of the problems so early on.

Onto the chart, you have some placements that are similar to mine so they immediately popped up. Your Sun is loosely conjunct Saturn along with Mercury and that would give you a very heavy and serious view of the world around you at all times. I'll agree with JUPITERASC, if you know of something which makes you happy you should try to do it as frequently as you can to keep up the positive memories. With these planets falling in the 8th though there is a dark theme involved, so for example you might be thinking about death quite frequently and have an interest in reading about it. Aquarius and Pluto don't share very much other than wanting to have things their own way so the combo is a pretty difficult one to reconcile - but you could find you have some innate talent for helping other people deal with death in a new and original way.

You have a loose Saturn-Chiron opposition and this suggests to me that you are not finding much support for your condition from society - either you are getting invalidated, told to suck it up, or the treatment is somehow not getting to whatever is truly bothering you. Keep looking because you can still find the right support even if it's not evident now.

Your Pisces moon requires some alone time so make sure you have a safe and quiet place to recharge your batteries when you get drained by the world and people around you; at other times you'll want to be in public and that's fine too. The Moon is sextile Neptune so double Pisces here and you also have a trine to Pluto which again brings us back to 8th house matters. I would recommend looking for a very close friend you can discuss things with openly with this aspect.

You have another challenging combo, Venus conjunct Uranus in Capricorn where the aspect demands highly unconventional relationships but the placement only makes you comfortable with traditional ones. I'm going to guess this is adding to the issues that are depressing you.

Your chart doesn't have any fire in it, save for Chiron, so generally solutions are to be found in becoming friends with reality as it is rather than thinking up creative ways to get over it. In other words, listen to your intuition and pay attention to what it's telling you because it's important.

nymph

It makes you 'addicted to pretty much everything'...then if you go on a detox, this should help give you control over your life.
your inner nature with sun in Aquarius can be objective, despite the watery emotions of your moon and Rising sign...try using your writing as an outlet for your emotional nature...journalism is in your chart, as stated above, so keep striving for it!! Plus, with most of the world being in a recession, it's really not your fault if you're struggling to find a career in what you like.
It sounds like you know the answers of how to fix this problem yourself, you just need to find the will inside. Astrology aside, from one who understands depression to another - Keep going :)

Bluebell87 thank you for such kind and couraging words.really thank a lot i will try my best to keep going :)

nymph

With all those planets in gloomy Saturns domain it is very important to avoid brooding
Find ways to cheer yourself
For example, if you have access to a garden
or even a public park with trees or any area of natural beauty
you would find comfort there
because one of Saturns significations is land, gardening and so on
:smile:
If you are unemployed then use your enforced leisure wisely, maybe go for long walks
that of course depends on what is available to you locally - just do your best to avoid staying indoors brooding

Flower-Cutting-Garden-G020859.jpg

JUPITERASC wow thank you a lot i mean i guess i have a lot to search about my saturn now.. Also that picture is wonderful you are right i should go out more. I have always been trying to figure out the stellium in 7 th and 8 th house. And if i may ask, is the ruling planet of my chart and my life is saturn?

nymph

Hi nymph,

As a former depression sufferer I can relate to the gloom you are experiencing and wanted to start with saying you can beat it, especially since you seem to be aware of the problems so early on.

Onto the chart, you have some placements that are similar to mine so they immediately popped up. Your Sun is loosely conjunct Saturn along with Mercury and that would give you a very heavy and serious view of the world around you at all times. I'll agree with JUPITERASC, if you know of something which makes you happy you should try to do it as frequently as you can to keep up the positive memories. With these planets falling in the 8th though there is a dark theme involved, so for example you might be thinking about death quite frequently and have an interest in reading about it. Aquarius and Pluto don't share very much other than wanting to have things their own way so the combo is a pretty difficult one to reconcile - but you could find you have some innate talent for helping other people deal with death in a new and original way.

You have a loose Saturn-Chiron opposition and this suggests to me that you are not finding much support for your condition from society - either you are getting invalidated, told to suck it up, or the treatment is somehow not getting to whatever is truly bothering you. Keep looking because you can still find the right support even if it's not evident now.

Your Pisces moon requires some alone time so make sure you have a safe and quiet place to recharge your batteries when you get drained by the world and people around you; at other times you'll want to be in public and that's fine too. The Moon is sextile Neptune so double Pisces here and you also have a trine to Pluto which again brings us back to 8th house matters. I would recommend looking for a very close friend you can discuss things with openly with this aspect.

You have another challenging combo, Venus conjunct Uranus in Capricorn where the aspect demands highly unconventional relationships but the placement only makes you comfortable with traditional ones. I'm going to guess this is adding to the issues that are depressing you.

Your chart doesn't have any fire in it, save for Chiron, so generally solutions are to be found in becoming friends with reality as it is rather than thinking up creative ways to get over it. In other words, listen to your intuition and pay attention to what it's telling you because it's important.

jkxx74 thank you for the reply. I might say i'm pretty surprised.
Yes death was always a topic of my life i've suffered from rolantic epilepsy when i was 8 and survived 3 major seizures which everyone thought i was going to die spend months in hospital. Than i survived and epilepsy ended but after depression hit i've become more suicidal than ever. And there is not a single day that i'm not thinking to kill myself.

But other than this when someone is dealing with death i change character and try to help that person as much as i can, to get over it and i've been told that i was helpfull which made me happy.

Finding support was the hardest because i had a pretty bad family life and selfish parents which is still acting like teenagers and a mom that blames me for every bad thing about her life and i was never enough for my dad. as years passed i became more lonely and i still find it hard to have a real friend or a boyfriend. They all leave me at some point.

i wish i had some signs in fire that maybe could make me better.

theV

The reason behind your depression is the Sun/Saturn 8th house. First of all, Saturn in the 8th is described as a scary placement, very scary. 8th house rules fear, and anxiety Saturn itself is the planet of fear in the house of demons and fears.

"[FONT=&quot] So, Saturn in the 8th House people might not seem that overwhelmed with worry, at the outset. Sure, they may not always be “happy” but you can consider them fairly free of anxiety. That is, until you become intimate with them. Then, you meet a very different person who worries obsessively over all sorts of things that you’d never even think they worried about"

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"So, 8th House Saturn people can become bottomless pits of worry and fear, in this negative state, letting the feelings of doom cycle and cycle until they spin out of control. "

I recommend you to read this fantastic article about Saturn 8th house. http://astroarena12.blogspot.com/2015/11/saturn-in-8th-house.html.

Important lesson is to learn to lose control over everything. You might come across as a stiff or controlled person that because you are controlling everything fearing something bad will happen.

[FONT=&quot]Then you have Satu[FONT=&quot]rn/Mercury in the 8th house that indicates speech problem, speaking anxiety, depression, [FONT=&quot]academic achiever, sober mindset. Mercury in the 8th house usually leads to[FONT=&quot] a[FONT=&quot] detective[FONT=&quot], psychologist[FONT=&quot] type thinking [FONT=&quot]but also over worrying. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

nymph

The reason behind your depression is the Sun/Saturn 8th house. First of all, Saturn in the 8th is described as a scary placement, very scary. 8th house rules fear, and anxiety Saturn itself is the planet of fear in the house of demons and fears.

"[FONT=&quot] So, Saturn in the 8th House people might not seem that overwhelmed with worry, at the outset. Sure, they may not always be “happy” but you can consider them fairly free of anxiety. That is, until you become intimate with them. Then, you meet a very different person who worries obsessively over all sorts of things that you’d never even think they worried about"

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"So, 8th House Saturn people can become bottomless pits of worry and fear, in this negative state, letting the feelings of doom cycle and cycle until they spin out of control. "

I recommend you to read this fantastic article about Saturn 8th house. http://astroarena12.blogspot.com/2015/11/saturn-in-8th-house.html.

Important lesson is to learn to lose control over everything. You might come across as a stiff or controlled person that because you are controlling everything fearing something bad will happen.

[FONT=&quot]Then you have Satu[FONT=&quot]rn/Mercury in the 8th house that indicates speech problem, speaking anxiety, depression, [FONT=&quot]academic achiever, sober mindset. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thank you for the reply, well i used to be a control freak than after depression i stoped living and so i gave up on everything i mean everything.Not a fear nothing i'm empty inside. and demons inside me drags me down everyday. Now they have all the control not me.

theV

Not to mention that you have also Pluto square Sun in addition to the malefic Saturn 8th house conjunct Sun and Mercury. You should look into these combos and link things together.

nymph

Not to mention that you have also Pluto square Sun in addition to the malefic Saturn 8th house conjunct Sun and Mercury. You should look into these combos and link things together.

I will thanks a lot for the great reading too.

theV

I will thanks a lot for the great reading too.

Sun square Pluto is another combination of control. With Sun/Pluto, people try to control (pluto) their personal image in a certain way avoiding to reveal who they are. They can be very ego centric and most of ego centerism involves around the idea of them having weak personality. In childhood or in early life, they might have been shut down or they were bullied, or abused or lead to believe they have weak personality with no voice or one of parent is controlling, secretive and cold. They grow up looking to exercise domination and control over other thought their personality. Saturn in the 8th house as I said they have a fear of losing control, and they have irrational fears and anxiety attacks. Cancer Asc and Moon Pisces are emotional and weak which is not good for Sun Pluto and saturn who are looking for control and domination. Feeling weak while looking to control.

Read about Sun/Pluto.

Medicine might be the best career option for you.