moon trine pluto

pippo

hi all; moon trine pluto as a composite in relationship is quite powerful; i was wondering if this is enough to bind 2 people together, if not how many positive composite aspects are needed to make the relationship outcome work, as synastries arent enough and are only temporary when the relationship starts.Also does the 7th house have to be involved at all time for it to work? thanks.

[Moderator edit - Thread moved here, as threads posted outside the Greenhorns' Lounge need for the posters to share their own astrological views in their opening post.]

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Pippo, you must differentiate between a composite chart and a synastry chart. I dont know where you got this:
how many positive composite aspects are needed to make the relationship outcome work, as synastries arent enough and are only temporary when the relationship starts.

A Moon-Pluto harmonious aspect alone is certainly not enough to make a relationship work. Moon-Pluto in itself is a difficult combination and invites powerstruggles, even with positive aspects between them. I would most certainly never take this aspect as anything positive. Karmic maybe, but then it can be really difficult karma to get away from.

A synastry chart shows how two people interact with each other based on their individual charts.
A composite chart is a chart of how others see the relationship. A composite can have very nice aspects, but this does not mean that between the two people all is fine and dandy. They just project this "fine and dandyness" towards the outside world whilst in reality it is a Virginia Woolf situation.
Also the other way around is seen. Two people who do not look as if they are very close together, might in fact be very close in their private surroundings.
The composite just shows that they behave a bit distant, dont want to be too demonstrative about their love.

So the Synastry is the real thing. But should the synastry be difficult, then of course the couple could work towards a more harmonious relationship as seen in the composite, (after all, they can behave when in public) but that is all a matter of maturity between them.
So from that point of view synastries could be "short term" as you say which is to be hoped when the synastry is not harmonious. But usually it is far more longterm than you hope for and often never changes. By progression planets in both charts will move into new signs etc. and that could temporarily create more harmonious circumstances, or the other way around of course.

I never use synastries but only look at the individual charts and the progressions. From that you can see everything you need.

Last edited:
pippo said:
hi all; moon trine pluto as a composite in relationship is quite powerful; i was wondering if this is enough to bind 2 people together, if not how many positive composite aspects are needed to make the relationship outcome work, as synastries arent enough and are only temporary when the relationship starts.Also does the 7th house have to be involved at all time for it to work? thanks.

[Moderator edit - Thread moved here, as threads posted outside the Greenhorns' Lounge need for the posters to share their own astrological views in their opening post.]

You cannot simply assess compatibility with just 'one aspect' and we need to see the charts and synastry chart involved to fully interpret.

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

When looking at a womans chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html

katydid

I have not seen trines as being very powerful in composite charts. Conjunctions, squares and oppositions are very important in composites, but trines and sextiles , not so much. They show a flavor, and a tendency perhaps, but are overshadowed by the conjunctions and oppositions imo.

wilsontc

Staff member
composite charts as an ideal, to pippo

pippo,

You said:
pippo said:
how many positive composite aspects are needed to make the relationship outcome work, as synastries arent enough and are only temporary when the relationship starts.

starlink made some very good points about the differences between the synastry and the composite. Another way to look at the composite is it represents the "ideal" of the relationship that COULD be achieved if BOTH people work together in the relationship. The composite will indicate both long-term challenges and long-term benefits of the relationship itself. It indicates what BOTH people can get out of the relationship of they are willing to work TOGETHER.

Compositely,

Tim