Natal's 9th house and living abroad.

South Node, Sun, Mercury, PoF and Juno, Cancer/Leo :biggrin:

uhm, did you had a deja vu when you first visited the foreign country you live in now? or maybe the feeling of strong familiarity?I'm no expert, but this South node reminded me of karma & possible past life ... this is just my quick conclusion, I'm no expert :biggrin:

mine 9th is in Leo with Venus in it....plus Venus is my descendent ruler :love:

07.Re

For living abroad, I would look for aspects between the 4th and 9th rulers (traditional only, don't use modern rulerships for this)

Liv, this bit is accurate for me.

Fourth house ruler (Saturn) is found in ninth house (Gemini) and there is a trine aspect between Saturn and Mercury (in first house). I emigrated three and a half years ago.

Spicadilly

That's apoint I never looked at it this way. I felt a strong familiarity living in Italy yes but no UK at the beginning, we are very different, now UK feels like home more than the place of birth, weird1

Ere your relationships with foreigners, scholars, travel agents :biggrin:?

I agree with you Olivia. In my chart that is weak, IC ruler in the h11 sextiles Mercury. My leaving was quite out of the blue mind you. I did have lots of activation back then to the 9th house so the opportunities were there and I wasn't into serious astro then :biggrin:

this one's for Lord Byron (and for any other who find this interesting...lol)

I got all so excited about this I just couldn't help myself but analyize:

so your moon is in capricorn, mine in saggitarius....your sun is in cancer (0 51), mine in gemini (29 58)

the rest of the postions are pretty much the same :w00t:

here it is: mercury in cancer, venus in leo, mars in capricorn, jupiter in pisces, saturn in saggitarius, uran in saggitarius, neptune in capricorn, pluto in scorpio, chiron in gemini, true node aries, ascendent in scorpio....

Olivia

Liv, this bit is accurate for me.

Fourth house ruler (Saturn) is found in ninth house (Gemini) and there is a trine aspect between Saturn and Mercury (in first house). I emigrated three and a half years ago.

Me, too - sextile between 9 and 4 rulers, trine between 4 and 1 ruler, opposition between 9 and 1 ruler - and I've lived all over the world, and do not live in the same country either where I was born or where I grew up.

You'll find the occasional exception, but it's a pretty good rule overall.

That's apoint I never looked at it this way. I felt a strong familiarity living in Italy yes but no UK at the beginning, we are very different, now UK feels like home more than the place of birth, weird1

Ere your relationships with foreigners, scholars, travel agents :biggrin:?

I agree with you Olivia. In my chart that is weak, IC ruler in the h11 sextiles Mercury. My leaving was quite out of the blue mind you. I did have lots of activation back then to the 9th house so the opportunities were there and I wasn't into serious astro then :biggrin:

:biggrin: yes, my relationships with foreigners....mostly well educated people, yes, but always highly creative, free-minded travellers & independed persons: and the freakest of all, the pattern that always follows me: musicans, poets & photographers (or all of the three at the same time)....:whistling: btw, I hope this is not to personal, but I'm just guessing 'cause of your Juno in the 9th: did your moving abroad had anything to do with love?

I agree with Olivia also because once long time ago this astrologer told me that I might have huge doubts about living abroad or at home (I already mentioned my Venus in Leo in 9th) because of my Jupiter in pisces in 4th house....:sad: let's just hope my Jupiter will get all sensible & I'll manage to live for good somewhere away (I wouldn't mind Ireland at all heehe)

Spicadilly

My moving had nothing to do with love but to be free from family constraint so here comes Uranus ruling IC :biggrin:.

Aha so you date smart and foreign cookies!! The art side would be Venus and the aspects she makes for instance Neptune.

Are you planning in trip soon? t Jupiter will trine your Venus 9th unless it already did. if not it would be a lovely time to do that if you can.

My moving had nothing to do with love but to be free from family constraint so here comes Uranus ruling IC :biggrin:.

Aha so you date smart and foreign cookies!! The art side would be Venus and the aspects she makes for instance Neptune.

Are you planning in trip soon? t Jupiter will trine your Venus 9th unless it already did. if not it would be a lovely time to do that if you can.

hahhah :w00t: looks like my assumptions are not correct at all, never mind :wink:

you're right about Venus Neptune connection: it's inconjuction...although it all sounds nice, it's not at all...my Venus makes a square to Pluto (retrograde in scorpio, 11th house) so I'm pretty much in a mess & my relationships have always been somehow heavy & unfinished :innocent: plus Venus trine Saturn (retrograde in 1st house), uh....

I'm not planning a casual trip right now, but I'm working really hard to find a job abroad...we'll see about that, but thanks for this Jupiter trine Venus ackonwledgment, I have to update with my current transitions :eek:)

Spicadilly

Venus Neptune yes nice and fluffy but I personally would never say an inconjuct are nice :biggrin:. I hate them! there are very difficult to navigate, in time we learn...read about them. You ahve to give up something and adjust. By transist they can mean an ending to something.

Maybe focus on the positive aspect of your Venus instead of the difficult one to attract the right person? For instance, Venus trine Saturn, okay some difficulty because of the retro but you can get there. Someone older first or acts older, a bit serious, displays Cap qualities. That aspect and also the retro means delays so you could get that nice venus Saturn relationship later in life. Don't worry you are not alone, I have saturn in the u7th and still waiting :biggrin:.

What degree is your Venus if you don't mind me asking? Working abroad would be fab for this but there would need to be more aspects in transit, progression, solar returns, whatever you like using to see this. You need to see the same activation in 3 different chart for it to be an event.

queenfluff

I have Venus in Leo in the 9th as well.

I have read the same thing many times that I will end up living abroad, find love abroad or marry a foreigner. Well, none of this is true. I have dated very few people of foreign roots. I do have many friends who are of different cultures/ethnicity than me - some not born here (USA) so as far as relationships with foreigners that would be true. I do like to travel but I also have two personal planet in Sag (not in the 9th though) so that might be responsible for my love for travel too.

I read that the 9th house also covers different cultures, religion, philosophy, fine arts and higher education. I have spent most of my life earning degrees of various sorts so that would definately apply to me - not sure how that would translate to having Venus in Leo there but i definatley know I am like the Venus in Leo description. I am interested in different cultures and fine arts.

I also read that the traveling associated with the 9th house doesn't always mean physical traveling. It can be in your mind too. I have strong Neptune in my chart and I tend to "day dream travel." haha.:)

And speaking of Venus/Neptune, I have Venus Square Neptune and boy can it cause problems! I hate it!

Last edited:
Venus Neptune yes nice and fluffy but I personally would never say an inconjuct are nice :biggrin:. I hate them! there are very difficult to navigate, in time we learn...read about them. You ahve to give up something and adjust. By transist they can mean an ending to something.

Maybe focus on the positive aspect of your Venus instead of the difficult one to attract the right person? For instance, Venus trine Saturn, okay some difficulty because of the retro but you can get there. Someone older first or acts older, a bit serious, displays Cap qualities. That aspect and also the retro means delays so you could get that nice venus Saturn relationship later in life. Don't worry you are not alone, I have saturn in the u7th and still waiting :biggrin:.

What degree is your Venus if you don't mind me asking? Working abroad would be fab for this but there would need to be more aspects in transit, progression, solar returns, whatever you like using to see this. You need to see the same activation in 3 different chart for it to be an event.

you're soooooooo right about this older thing :whistling: it's another pattern I manage to have in my life...I always blamed mr.Saturnus you see, this is what I get a lot...you need stabile partner (not only capricornian, but also Taurean...since it's dsc) etc. but I always end up with older, yes, but unstable & outthere people :biggrin: guess I just have to wait & work on myself & find that goddamn (pardon my language) stability & focus...ah

so, your Saturn in the 7th (do you have any other planets on dc or just this?) you probably have to be the master of patience with it :cool: don't mind asking, my Venus is 6 53 (and noup I can't find the proper apostrophes on my keyboard lol) yeah, 3 different charts....don't think I would have too much success with it :andy: althouh I did my solar return, and its asc is in sagg. ... but there's this tricky Sun Pluto aspect for many years, so I'm not so sure...

Olivia

Edit: This is Dharma Jazz's chart:

With a Jupiter (4th house ruler) square Sun (9th house ruler), and Mars (1 ruler) sextile 4 ruler (Jupiter) and opposing 9 ruler (Sun) it looks like you will move abroad, at least for some period of time - but those squares and oppositions could make it a difficult time for you.

Last edited:
I have Venus in Leo in the 9th as well.

I have read the same thing many times that I will end up living abroad, find love abroad or marry a foreigner. Well, none of this is true. I have dated very few people of foreign roots. I do have many friends who are of different cultures/ethnicity than me - some not born here (USA) so as far as relationships with foreigners that would be true. I do like to travel but I also have two personal planet in Sag (not in the 9th though) so that might be responsible for my love for travel too.

I read that the 9th house also covers different cultures, religion, philosophy, fine arts and higher education. I have spent most of my life earning degrees of various sorts so that would definately apply to me - not sure how that would translate to having Venus in Leo there but i definatley know I am like the Venus in Leo description. I am interested in different cultures and fine arts.

I also read that the traveling associated with the 9th house doesn't always mean physical traveling. It can be in your mind too. I have strong Neptune in my chart and I tend to "day dream travel." haha.:)

And speaking of Venus/Neptune, I have Venus Square Neptune and boy can it cause problems! I hate it!

woooow, Venus square Neptune :pinched: you know, maybe you have some other postions or aspects which show your staying at homeland & not moving abroad...but loving fine arts & different cultures is totally Venus in the 9th :love: about that daydream travel, I have a nasty Sun oppositon Neptune (retrograde in the 2nd) so I daydream too much, not to mention different forms of escapism...they told me that's a sign of a strong Neptune too...plus traveling related to water (ships etc.) ...

With a Jupiter (4th house ruler) square Sun (9th house ruler), and Mars (1 ruler) sextile 4 ruler (Jupiter) and opposing 9 ruler (Sun) it looks like you will move abroad, at least for some period of time - but those squares and oppositions could make it a difficult time for you.

Olivia, could you maaaaybeee take a peak at my chart too? :love: :biggrin: :whistling:

Olivia

I already did - I got your and Queenfluff's charts mixed up. Edited it to make it clear that it's your chart, though.

queenfluff

Thanks Olivia for the interpretation but I think you have me confused with another poster. I don't have natal Jupiter Square Sun. My fourth house is in Pisces so I think the ruler would be Neptune. No sextiles to anything in my 4th house either or oppositions to my 9th house. My first house is Scorpio so I guess Mars could be the ruler but I honestly think it is Pluto in my case. I am confused. :unsure:

I didn't post my chart but this is it.

Attachments

• astrochart BIG.jpg
    astrochart BIG.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 27

Olivia

Queenfluff - possibly. There's no aspect between your 4/9 rulers, but your 1/9 rulers - Mars and Sun - are in square.

Working abroad for a time is a definite possibility, though, that may account for some of the stresses from the square.

queenfluff

woooow, Venus square Neptune :pinched: you know, maybe you have some other postions or aspects which show your staying at homeland & not moving abroad...but loving fine arts & different cultures is totally Venus in the 9th :love: about that daydream travel, I have a nasty Sun oppositon Neptune (retrograde in the 2nd) so I daydream too much, not to mention different forms of escapism...they told me that's a sign of a strong Neptune too...plus traveling related to water (ships etc.) ...

Yes, I think one can have that interest in travels etc but not necessarily move abroad. Wish I had more money to travel. Not sure I have any interest in moving abroad right now - I wouldn't be totally adverse to the idea though. I have dated a few men briefly who were of foreign origin though. maybe its in my future?

Oh, Neptue causes me problems! That Venus sqaure Neptune causes all those "disillusioned" traits that are confusing! I have Neptune conjunct my Ascendant and conjunct my moon (both in my 1st house). Some good things come out of that but some things that make things a bit more difficult if you know what I mean esp. to how others see me (normally meaning they get a wrong first impression about me). I actually have a trine to my Sun to Neptune. I guess that has some positives but I don't notice too much the difference because I think all of my Neptune aspects get tangled up with each other! Don't know which one causes all the daydreaming and fantasizing! :biggrin:

And oh escapism! Yes! I do that SO much too! Music, movies, fine arts, astrology - stuff like that. Anything where I can "lose time" in. :)

queenfluff

Queenfluff - possibly. There's no aspect between your 4/9 rulers, but your 1/9 rulers - Mars and Sun - are in square.

Working abroad for a time is a definite possibility, though, that may account for some of the stresses from the square.

Thanks (saw your other post about the mix up)! I don't have much desire to move abroad or even work abroad - so this sounds on target for me. I do like to VISIT abroad though. I love airports (except for the security checkpoint LOL!) for some reason. I think the idea of being in limbo when traveling - not completely there but not completely here. Not sure why. I think it is an escapism thing with the Neptune possibly.