Chiron Enters Pisces - April 20, 2010

freedomlover

I'm creating this thread as a place for us to share our observations and experiences as Chiron travels through Pisces. Chiron entered Pisces at 2:32am this morning ( April 20, 2010). It seems to be relatively unaspected, though - except for the loose sextile with Pluto Rx in Capricorn. I know it's still in a trine with Neptune, but I feel that out-of-sign aspects lose much of their power, or at the very least, it takes on a different meaning. Sun entered Taurus at 12:30 am (est), just a couple hours before, so it made a sextile, although not exact, but that is quickly separating and short-lived.

Chiron will have only a short stay before it retrogrades back into Aquarius. It will station retrograde on June 4th, 2010 at 0'59" Pisces. It will station direct on November 5th, 2010, at 29'04" Aquarius. It will re-enter Pisces for good on February 11, 2011.

For many of us on the forum, this will be our Chiron return - myself included. I would like to know if a planetary(or other cosmic object) return begins when it enters the home sign - or when it gets to the same degree.
Everyone refers to a "Saturn return", as when it comes back around to the same sign - wondering if Chiron would be the same way.

Note: This thread was created to discuss Chiron in Pisces, NOT to discuss the validity of Chiron, and whether or not it should be ignored in one's chart. If you do not believe Chiron is valid, then please refrain from posting on this thread.

Ebenia

I have read that during this time (especially when Jupiter and Uranus are also in Pisces) the theme is forgiveness. Forgiving to ourselves, others and maybe other countries too - some astrologers have predicted that many developing countries will have their debts forgiven during this time...We'll have to see.

giaella33

This is about either continuing your life as it is or starting a new life. The chiron return is huge its make or break. If its not broke you dont fix but if it is then this is your last chance. I think its bigger than a Saturn Return.

Transiting Chiron has been sitting on my Mars in Aquarius 29th degree, and boy I have raged this week, licking old wounds from the past on the forum. It was the first time I really took note of Chiron and it works in transit. My partner (Mars) had all sorts of health conditions appear even his work colleagues were worried about him.

Astro.com Chiron in Pisces

Chiron in Pisces often describes a kind of 'existential loneliness', a feeling of being cut off from the source of support, a kind of emotional exile, which people will often spend many years trying to heal through relationships. It is as if Pisces holds a memory of oneness with everything which may be a memory of mystical connection or a memory of life in the womb. Eventually, we can come to accept that, for so long as we are in separate bodies this kind of loneliness is an intrinsic part of the human condition...

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Neptune Rising

Ah yes! (speaking as a forum member, not mod) Maybe that explains how I've been feeling lately :crying::unsure: Progressed Sun is conjunct progressed Lilith at 1 degree of Pisces.

Ooo hoo, transiting Mars is heading towards opposition to this transiting Chiron 7th June, Chiron is then just going retrograde.

Natally I have Sun square Chiron and Mars trine Chiron, so it looks like this will be a chance to explore my Chironic energies.

I also will be having a Lilith return then too.

Thanks Freedomlover for the thread, you've helped me see a few things to explore this summer.

NR

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

This will be a good one to watch develop. Will be difficult to identify what is happening during the first visit to Pisces as we have all the following occurring during the same period ...

- Saturn retrograding from Libra into Virgo to form the 4th Saturn-Uranus opposition.
- Mars finally gets back to its station at 19Leo in mid-May
- Uranus and Jupiter meet conjunct at the start of Aries in early June
- topped off by Mars entering Virgo to oppose Chiron!

But a good thread nonetheless!

freedomlover

I have read that during this time (especially when Jupiter and Uranus are also in Pisces) the theme is forgiveness. Forgiving to ourselves, others and maybe other countries too - some astrologers have predicted that many developing countries will have their debts forgiven during this time...We'll have to see.

That is a very good point - thank you, Ebenia! I looked it up - Jupiter and Uranus will conjunct once more in Pisces on September 18th, 2010. This time they will both be retrograde. The site I found didn't give the degrees, but it would have to be in the late degrees again - 27-29, probably. I'm also thinking that Chiron should be retrograding back into Aquarius should be within orb for a semisextile with the two about this time. It might be an important time frame to watch for in the cycle.

Chiron will also be semi-sextile to both Jupiter and Uranus when they both change signs at hit 0' Aries, in early June. I've found that semi-sextiles are really good for revealing "blind spots", etc, and releasing things from the subconscious. In Pisces and Aries, it can be about releasing passive/aggressive behavior and repressed anger - all things involved in the act of forgiveness.

Neptune Rising

There is definately alot going on just now! Alot of more intense energies with the outer planets!

That is a lovely quote Shining Ray.

So this Chiron could be revealing a wound in compassion, a chance for us to recognise possibly an emptyness, a spiritual wound, a nameless wound (Neptune), that can be healed by healing each other? Healing through compassion, spirituality and feeling/sensing each other's soul.

For me personally as Chiron is conjuncting my progressed Sun/Lilith, this is probably a lesson for my soul. I find Chiron transits quite poignant, and found myself at my most artistic and poetic during these transits, well the conjunctions I'm remembering. Its almost as if time stands still, a bit like the moment just before an autumn leaf is ready to fall off the tree. Its like, through merging with the Chironic energies, blending with them, I see the world through Chironic eyes, all the unnecessary things melt away, leaving the beauty of the pure soul to be seen. Perhaps that is something to do with Chironic healing...?

NR

kbell

I'm not sure what it's going to bring. It's currently in an applying sextile to my sun, applying trine to my Uranus in 11th, but separating from a square to my ascendant. Pisces is a comfortable energy for me and I just feel like by the time chiron gets to my IC I will have hopefully done some inner healing which is much needed. It looks like I'll be able to help some of my friends as well.

Neptune Rising

I'm not sure if its Chiron energies opposing Mars that I am feeling.. Mars is currently in an ingoing oppositing to transiting Chiron. Transiting Chiron is conjunct my natal Sun/Lilith, with transiting Mars opposite. My ego does feel more than a little bruised these last few days :sad:

NR

Last edited:

R4VEN

Chiron will also be semi-sextile to both Jupiter and Uranus when they both change signs at hit 0' Aries, in early June. I've found that semi-sextiles are really good for revealing "blind spots", etc, and releasing things from the subconscious. In Pisces and Aries, it can be about releasing passive/aggressive behavior and repressed anger - all things involved in the act of forgiveness.
This is a really good idea for a thread, FL.

During the past 1-2 weeks I have had a huge amount of truth emerge from my unconscious (tr Pluto going through the 12th certainly helps this process) and the outcome has been an emerging compassion and understanding - for myself, as well as for others - which I had not expected.

To follow on - add to? - what EJ53 said in his post about the last time Chiron was in Pisces.............. the entry of Chiron into Pisces early in 1961 coincided with my family moving farms - from a secure and stable existence on rich soil, to a large and sprawling dust bowl in the bush. This move represented a leap of faith by my parents, and it didn't always work to their advantage - droughts, severe frosts, and blinding dust storms were common. My parents experienced the sudden death of their eldest child only a year after we moved, and their suffering was palpable, despite them still having to `get on with things'. In order to continue with my education I'd had to board away from home. At the time, I hated this, but in retrospect I learned resilience and independence at an earlier age than most.

It was during Chiron's last passage through Pisces that the Vietnam war began, and those of us at home watched a war on TV for the first time. Moving images of villages on fire and children with skin burned by napalm helped galvanize the people at home into outrage and eventual action. My years as a tertiary student were spent writing songs of protest, and marching with other students in protest against this war.

This is how I remember the last Chiron in Pisces - from lethargy to action.

FL, in relation to your question about when you will begin to feel your Chiron Return, I believe that it depends upon the individual. Some only have a sense of it a few degrees either side of their natal Chiron placement, while others (with natal Chiron in Pisces) will be feeling `something' already. It tends to depend upon both your sensitivity and your awareness.

Caro

do we need to look at neptune :neptune: as it is so close to chiron and will also move into pisces :pisces:at around the same time.
so the theme of compassion and healing will be heightened.

R4VEN

do we need to look at neptune :neptune: as it is so close to chiron and will also move into pisces :pisces:at around the same time.
so the theme of compassion and healing will be heightened.

Definitely!

That's a point worth making, Caro.

My thoughts and deeper discussions with others over the past month or two have all been with Neptunian themes at the core. Have had many discussions with friends about delusions and people who appear to have a level of personality disorder, all Neptunian in nature.

And yes, the theme of compassion and healing seems to be what this is all about.

Caro

R4ven
I always appreciate your posts. They are so helpful and supportive. Thank you.

I feel that these two planets travelling together for a while will lighten the load of the upcoming grand crosses of pluto/uranus /saturn/mars. I hope so.

Caro

LittleMiss

I've been having a real though time the last week or so. My life always seems a bit challenging, but the last week has been wurse and I'm not coping as well as I have been, and it realy feels like old wounds are triggered.
I have my sun/moon midpoint at 29 degrees aquarius. Do any of you think that Chiron hanging around that degree, can have an affect?

R4VEN

I have my sun/moon midpoint at 29 degrees aquarius. Do any of you think that Chiron hanging around that degree, can have an affect?
I'd say most definitely Yes to that question!!! Well spotted, LM!

Also, transiting Mars in your 12th house, while not normally troublesome there, is opposite that very point of which you speak, so the combined energies of all this - and with Chiron-Neptune on your Sun/Moon MP - you are perhaps being tested at present, as most of us are. And Chiron-Neptune are both Rx at present, so they are turning us inside out.

I notice that your progressed mars is at 27 deg Scorpio, so moving in to oppose your natal Chiron in the 9th house. This is a challenging progression, where progr Mars leads us to look at our inner aggression, or the ways in which we normally handle aggression - or any kind of challenge - from others.

Take note also of transiting Saturn being in your 1st house, so you may have the sense of havinmg to put in more effort than usual to attain the usual results of your efforts.

LittleMiss

R4VEN - Thank you for that insightful comment!
I wasn't aware of Mars opposing the same midpoint, thanks for pointing that out!

I've never looked at progressions before... thats a new area for me. Maybe it's about time I took a look at it!

It's most sertainly not an easy time right now... But it feels good to have som answers to why things feel so bad.