The Deep Personal Crisis of 2020

Osamenor

Staff member
Something posted in another thread caught my attention. So as not to hijack, I'm starting a new thread as a spinoff:
We're getting a lot of AW members' natal charts stating a deep personal crisis in 2020, the theorized shift of ages of Pisces to Aquarius (Dec 31, 2012-2019 is a holy number 7 year grace period).

Does your chart state a deep personal crisis? I'd be surprised if it doesn't. Everyone has the Pluto-Saturn-Jupiter-Mars transits somewhere. And now that COVID-19 has struck and so many of us are locked down (and if you're not, you probably will be shortly), we've got the alone time to bring up a deep personal crisis, or the trauma to set it off, or both. Or, if you're an essential worker or don't live in an area that's shut down yet, you might be facing a high risk of infection.

For me, the big transits are taking place in my first house, and right now Jupiter/Mars/Pluto is filling in my cardinal t-square, turning it into a grand cross. I'll get that from at least Pluto for several years to come. I've just had my Saturn opposition, too, also completing the grand cross.

My area is under shelter in place order. Luckily for me, I have a job that's considered essential and cannot be done from home, so I still get to go to work, and it's a godsend on keeping me sane! My boss is being very strict about safety measures, and we work outdoors, usually doing things that don't require us to be that close together, so it's not too hard to social distance most of the time.

Not so luckily, I've really felt the lack of things to do during the weekend. I thought I could use this time to catch up on the parts of my blog I've been neglecting, get a nice professional services page up on my website, do my taxes (even though they're not due til July now, I still want to get them done), spring clean my house.... but I haven't been able to focus at all. Last couple of days, I realized that I have pretty bad anxiety. I think I've had it for some time, but it's really gotten pronounced with the shutdown and all that bad news--and the Jupiter/Mars conjunction opposing my Saturn, too. And my cat's health issues have just gotten worse, and I'm worried about that.

And I've had an underlying personal crisis about the direction I'm taking in career. Everything is so uncertain now. Even more so now that the world is falling apart (or is it?)

Anyhow, what are your stories? Sharing charts and transits quite welcome!

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi,
Isn't the deep personal crisis many people are experiencing a result of the global crisis. Micro in alignment with macro cosmos (as above, so below)?

I'm a 70+er. Last week our major supermarket chains showed empty shelves because everyone was hoarding whilst they have been assured the distribution centres are full to capacity. Cows will continue to produce milk for dairy produce, hens will still lay eggs, food transport is still occuring, etc.etc. No one will starve, even if their eating habits may undergo change.
We've become used to Jupiter's gift of expansion in prosperity and abundance. Has the world misused it by going too far? Did something colossal have to occur to curb its reasoning power??????

Speaking with another 70+er, I said I now realised what my parents must have gone through after the end of WW2 with 3 kids at home (1 in the navy) to feed. Her reply, 'And there was nothing TO buy then'. Yet we have both survived.

Be thankful for the roof over your head, the warmth of your house, the food on the table, etc. Don't be like the man (in the joke) sitting on his roof during a flood, saying 'God will provide' whilst refusing help from the boat and helicopter come to rescue him. Don't let anxiety get the better of you, which is simply the result of your own inner fears of having to change that to which you have become used to. (In my country, with schools closed, many children are experiencing difficulty because their routine has been curbed …. especially those with the alternative mental applications).

It's not just the load of energy in Capricorn; Uranus is in Taurus, the sign of material security and safety (net). Your statement, ' Everything is so uncertain now' says it perfectly.
As an astrology enthusiast, use your knowledge to see the eventual positive rather than negative in their global effect.

[Mars on 24+ Cancer, Saturn on 25+ Gemini, Nodal axis across 29 Capricorn-Cancer, and tr. Neptune inconjunct Jupiter on 18+ Leo. Phew! :rolleyes:]

david starling

All right, I admit I'm feeling deeply concerned about the spreading deployment of 5G signal transmitters. I'd like to move to somewhere that won't be bombarded by short-length cellular radiation, but that isn't possible.

Italy deployed them in December of 2019, expanding it in early 2020. Verizon, Comcast, AT&T are all deploying them in the U.S., and the communication satellites are beaming them down all over the planet.

I believe it's the cause of this pandemic, and that some are more susceptible to them than others. Technology run amuck!

david starling

I don't think 5G is a conspiratorial plot, just a step too far in technological advancement. In 1918, something similar was happening, with the development of electricity, automobiles and aircraft, and radio tranmissions following WW I.

Some can deal with it, some can't.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Just stay calm, and drink a lot of coffee! :lol:

All right, I admit I'm feeling deeply concerned about the spreading deployment of 5G signal transmitters. I'd like to move to somewhere that won't be bombarded by short-length cellular radiation, but that isn't possible.

Italy deployed them in December of 2019, expanding it in early 2020. Verizon, Comcast, AT&T are all deploying them in the U.S., and the communication satellites are beaming them down all over the planet.

I believe it's the cause of this pandemic, and that some are more susceptible to them than others. Technology run amuck!

I don't think 5G is a conspiratorial plot, just a step too far in technological advancement. In 1918, something similar was happening, with the development of electricity, automobiles and aircraft, and radio tranmissions following WW I.

Some can deal with it, some can't.
And what does that have to do with astrology? Specifically, astrological correlation with deep personal crisis?

This is an astrology thread, not a Chat thread. Moderator speaking. :rightful:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi,
Isn't the deep personal crisis many people are experiencing a result of the global crisis. Micro in alignment with macro cosmos (as above, so below)?

I'm a 70+er. Last week our major supermarket chains showed empty shelves because everyone was hoarding whilst they have been assured the distribution centres are full to capacity. Cows will continue to produce milk for dairy produce, hens will still lay eggs, food transport is still occuring, etc.etc. No one will starve, even if their eating habits may undergo change.
We've become used to Jupiter's gift of expansion in prosperity and abundance. Has the world misused it by going too far? Did something colossal have to occur to curb its reasoning power??????

Speaking with another 70+er, I said I now realised what my parents must have gone through after the end of WW2 with 3 kids at home (1 in the navy) to feed. Her reply, 'And there was nothing TO buy then'. Yet we have both survived.

Be thankful for the roof over your head, the warmth of your house, the food on the table, etc. Don't be like the man (in the joke) sitting on his roof during a flood, saying 'God will provide' whilst refusing help from the boat and helicopter come to rescue him. Don't let anxiety get the better of you, which is simply the result of your own inner fears of having to change that to which you have become used to. (In my country, with schools closed, many children are experiencing difficulty because their routine has been curbed …. especially those with the alternative mental applications).

It's not just the load of energy in Capricorn; Uranus is in Taurus, the sign of material security and safety (net). Your statement, ' Everything is so uncertain now' says it perfectly.
As an astrology enthusiast, use your knowledge to see the eventual positive rather than negative in their global effect.

[Mars on 24+ Cancer, Saturn on 25+ Gemini, Nodal axis across 29 Capricorn-Cancer, and tr. Neptune inconjunct Jupiter on 18+ Leo. Phew! :rolleyes:]

World War II comes to mind a lot for me when I think about this. People died then, too, in high numbers, with no end in sight. People left their families for safety, kids especially (kindertransports, England's evacuees) not knowing if they'd ever see them again, and in plenty of cases, they didn't. People spent years even more cooped up than we are under lockdown (can't help thinking of Anne Frank!) and sometimes (like her) they died anyway.

What's going on right now is nothing compared to that. But it could be.

Interestingly, you and I have some chart similarities. I've got Saturn at 26 Cancer, Jupiter at 24 Aries, and Uranus at 29 Libra.

david starling

And what does that have to do with astrology? Specifically, astrological correlation with deep personal crisis?

This is an astrology thread, not a Chat thread. Moderator speaking. :rightful:

From my own studies, it's about the end-times of the tropical Age of Saturn-ruled Capricorn, and the "advancements" in technology that might destroy our Biosphere before the tropical, Uranian-ruled Aquarian Age takes full effect in 2149.

And, my 2020 SR has Saturn, Pluto, Mars, Jupiter, and the Moon all bunched together in 3rd Decant Capricorn in my H4. :pinched:
SR Moon nearly exactly square my SR Ascendant in Libra, and conjunct SR Mars.

My Natal-chart has no planets in Earth-signs. I do have my Descendant in Virgo and, like everyone else, the Age-indicator in very late Capricorn.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I am looking at the transits. I have T Nodes 4 Cancer conjunct my Mars. And Chiron is at 5 Aries empty leg of my Tsquare. Mercury is at 5 Pisces, so, my Tsquare is being activated. Sun apex, Moon mars opposition.

I am finding myself rather aggravated trying to shop. They are spraying scented disinfectants in the store. I have tried to talk to the managers. They roll their spastic eyes and say COVID. There is unscented disinfectants. Now, I take pills to shop, and try to hurry, before I cough from the inability to breathe the air and be accused of being in public sick.

They want me to use the supplied scented disinfectant before I enter the food store. :andy: Just f@%$#&g shoot me.:sideways:

eekndyn

Interesting. My life has been one big transformation for the last 7 years. The stellium has been around my natal moon in the second house. Squaring n. sat/pluto. I think the deepest wound of all is I think my mother and I's relationship has been severed. With her being the boss in the family, I pretty much might as well consider the rest of my family relationship gone too. I will take full responsibility. I've been so sensitive. I feel like she likes to push the button for the green eyed monster. In fact she has the button taped down. I just need thicker skin. I hope one day, I can find peace.

Opal

Premium Member
Thanks!
Do you have a respirator for work, Opal? You could wear it to the store and right now people might not look twice. I’ll probably need a personal air filter in the next year or two for indoor allergies, and just as well the machines are getting slick now. Wearing even simple eyeglasses helps too.

I am feeling better! Just my usual store is doing it, not all of them. So, I can shop, elsewhere 😀

waybread

Osamenor, my Dark Night of the Soul came during my natal Pluto square natal sun transit, and some of the transits just before and after it. With Pluto natally opposite sun, I definitely thought of domineering Plutonian people as "not me." Once I learned that I am all of the planets in my horoscope, I met many fewer domineering Plutonians.

My sympathies to people born with sun square Pluto.

david starling

Osamenor, my Dark Night of the Soul came during my natal Pluto square natal sun transit, and some of the transits just before and after it. With Pluto natally opposite sun, I definitely thought of domineering Plutonian people as "not me." Once I learned that I am all of the planets in my horoscope, I met many fewer domineering Plutonians.

My sympathies to people born with sun square Pluto.

What about people with natal Sun exactly opposite natal Saturn?

Opal

Premium Member
In a slightly better mood now, but meant that electronic connection is REALLY grating on me. (Maybe that is where the lack of personal space is really coming from!) It feels very much like last Jupiter in Capricorn, when the people closest to me were all pro-bank-bailout. So much good work by so many people towards a more just society was undone in what seemed like a flash. Emergency, smoke, mirrors... and bang.

Glad to hear we are both in better moods! The pendulum will swing, and swing and🙄

waybread

What about people with natal Sun exactly opposite natal Saturn?

David, I have natal sun opposite Saturn, as well, although it's wide and out-of-sign. However, when the sun opposes Saturn, Saturn is always retrograde, so I now have an in-sign progressed Saturn with a narrower orb.

Although my natal Saturn and Pluto are not conjunct, their midpoint is close to an exact opposition with my sun. I have found Saturn easier to deal with.

My natal 4th house Jupiter at 19+ degrees Capricorn had gotten hit, but I didn't find it to be quite as bad as I thought. (though there's still time :unsure: )

Basically in choice-centered astrology, we find a constructive, concrete action we can take that is consistent with a given transit by sign/s, house/s, and the nature of the involved planets.

In my case, we did a lot of home renovations. (Pluto connotes old-into-new, and surplussing whatever is unnecessary and not supportive in our lives.) We put the house up for sale and got a good offer even before it was officially listed. We had planned to move to town anyway--this wasn't just on account of 4th house transits.

But a thorough house (apartment, room) cleaning is entirely consistent with a Pluto transit. Interesting how many people are discovering Marie Kondo's decluttering methods just now.

Now I'm just hoping our house sale goes through, as COVID-19 is creating not just a health crisis but a financial crisis. We still have to find a new place to live, as I don't want to be on the hook for a new house until this one is officially sold.

My feeling is that if Pluto wants a chunk of your hide, he's going to take it, regardless.