Horary Test: Am I pregnant?

dr. farr

Confession of Dr. Bonehead

Yep, that's me: Dr. Bonehead:pinched:! Because in my delineation of this exercise question I made several really dumb mistakes-no, NOT that I didn't apply standard horary procedures, rather that I did not apply key elements of my own methodology, to analysis of the question. Excuses? Yeah, well, I could say that I didn't pay the right kind of attention to the matter because it was only an exercise and no one was "out there" hoping for a guiding answer-and that would be true; and I could admit that finding the Part of Conception in Scorpio gave me a (false) sense of bravado-leading me to pay too much attention to one chart element and not enough to other, impacting elements.
Yes that affected my judgement as well.

In all charts (horary, event, decumbiture, progressed/profected, mundane) it has long been my practice to always look first for the Dragon's Tail (South Node) So important is this unfailing indicator of trouble and negativity to me in looking at charts that a legitimate nickname for me could be "Dragon's Tail Farr":devil:! Yet I delineated this horary without knowing the nodal positions-that's really dumb (within the context of my methodology) When I later found out the nodal degrees, I had already made my post, and I just glanced to see that DT was not in the 1st house (which it wasn't)-the reality is that I should have reconsidered the chart which would have led me to give a quite different answer.

So-within the context of my methodology-here's what I did wrong:

+the Part of Mothers and the Part of Female Intercourse were both in Aries-a barren sign (Note: the quesited sign of Capricorn, while not fruitful, is also not barren, according to traditional teachings) But Aries is a hard barren sign: this should have given me 2 points vs pregnancy;

+the significator of the Part of Mothers and of Female Intercourse and-OF THE PART OF CONCEPTION!-is Mars-that's ok, except for one big deal: Mars is posited in another hard barren sign-Leo:pouty:! As I have posted elsewhere on AW, with the Parts/Lots, the significator of the Part (which is the planetary dispositor of the sign in which the Part falls) MUST be given equal attention along with the place of the Part itself! Mars signifies all 3 Parts relating to possible pregnancy: and Mars is in a very barren sign!
(Its placement in the less-than-fruitful 12th house {whole sign} doesn't exactly give confidence, either) This fact of significator Mars channeling the barren energy of Leo into the Parts strongly compromises the positive testimony of the Part of Conception in Scorpio, downgrades its value significantly, and pretty much knocks out any remaining potentially positive testimony from the Part of Mothers and Part of Female Intercourse;

+while I would like to blame the coloring of the Venus glyph on the chart and the lack of an aspect table (like I'm used to from Astrodienst charts) for my next error, its really something even a rank novice should be ashamed of overlooking: in the chart, a strongly placed, in its own rulership Venus-planet of fertility, planet of pregnancy (many believe-including me-more important than the Moon in the pregnant state) VENUS, I say-IS WITHIN 3 DEGREES OF PERFECT OPPOSITION TO THE PART OF CONCEPTION:w00t:! And-I didn't see it:pinched:! Such an opposition-in a question about pregnancy:pouty:!-severely compromises any promise from the Part of Conception-in fact, unless the trend of chart elements is STRONGLY in favor, such a finding would almost by itself demand a NO answer to the question!!

+however, I have saved my greatest boneheaded omission for the last. The Dragon's Tail. In this chart the DT is posited:'
-in Leo (same house and sign as Mars: significator for all 3 Parts)
-in 21 Leo: now, the DT is never, ever under any circumstances even close to having benefic influences. Any aspect to it-any type of aspect-brings problems to the planet (or Part or cusp) in such aspect (orb for DT is 3 degrees)
-DT aspects the Part of Mothers (and almost aspects the Part of Female Intercourse); this relationship = further elimination of any positive testimony from that Part-in fact it turns it into NEGATIVE testimony
-DT aspects (semi-sextile) the degree of the Ascendant; in so doing it casts a negative pall over the whole chart (and thereby strengthens all testimonies supporting a NO answer)
-Most importantly, DT squares the Part of Conception: to me, there is no question about it: this aspect REVERSES the positive testimony of the Part of Conception in Scorpio, and says-right here-NO there is no fertility, no pregnancy: to overcome such an indication (in my book) the remaining elements of chart testimony would have to be entirely positive, and, even under such circumstances, I would not feel very confident in offering a yes answer.

I apologize to AW members for the poor application of my methodology which I displayed in this horary exercise, "Am I pregnant?"

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Re: Confession of Dr. Bonehead

And thankyou very much for working us through your reasoning here.It all makes sense to me.
Cheers
Lilly

starlink

And thankyou very much for working us through your reasoning here.It all makes sense to me.
Yes Dr.Farr, really impressive! I second Lilly's "thank you".

dr. farr

(Following is a test of the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball form of astro-divination and is not standard horary practice)

Since this is a known-result horary, let's see what the Magic 8 Ball would have shown:
-the Part of Conception is at 24Scorpio; Scorpio = Mars = a "no" answer according to 8 Ball rules.
The outcome of this question was that querent was not pregnant, so this is a correct answer/prediction by the 8 Ball method.

(for an amusing discussion of how, misusing primary Ankara horary, I got this question wrong, see my posting entitled "Confessions of Dr. Bonehead", above)

Arian

Hi,
It is a very nice tread...a lot to learn ...I can't open the chart so can't follow the interpretations...can you please attach the chart again!

Keeping the ball rolling on the horary tests I thought I would post one since both wintersprite and RayAustin have revealed theirs already. Hopefully we can keep this rolling for quite some time, though I do have to admit that my own stores of reliable known outcome charts is rather low. Hopefully some other nice people can step up and fill out the ranks before it comes back to being my turn.

Backstory: Okay, so obviously the question is "Am I pregnant?" This question was asked by a 22 year old woman about a week and a half to two weeks after the initial copulation (if memory serves). I don't remember how old the man was. Pretty simple right?

One thing I thought I'd touch on as far as how these tests are supposed to work. Everyone who has responded to them so far seems to have a pretty good grasp of explaining themselves and what they see and how they arrive at their own conclusion. That's fantastic. The only other thing I could mention is that if you intend to play the test game, you should not read other people's interpretations. It spoils the fun and I will come after you :rightful:. Obviously I can't "come after you" or stop you, but it ruins the point as you won't learn anything or stretch a muscle. If you're curious as to what others have to say (as everyone always is) then be sure to go back and read after you've posted your interpretation. Everyone got that? Awesome.

AmIpregnant.jpg

Have at it! :cool:

Oh yeah, I'll reveal in three days (if I remember).

Arian

Sorry, Chart is available when I tried another computer's software...it looks like I had a problem with the software of the previous PC.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Thought I'd like to see what the al-Sadwali pregnancy delineation method would have indicated in this test horary:

-querent = 1st house = Virgo = Mercury: Mercury posited in Gemini = fertile
-quesited = 5th house = Capricorn = Saturn; Saturn posited in Virgo = not fertile
-Moon posited in Capricorn = not fertile
-Part of Conception in Scorpio = fertile
-1st trigonal day lord of sign on the 5th house (Capricorn) = Venus; Venus posited in Taurus = fertile
-ascendant = Virgo = not fertile
-5th house = Capricorn = not fertile
-8th house = Aries = not fertile
-11th house = Cancer = fertile
Results:
Fertile = 4 hits
Not Fertile = 5 hits
Net: +1 for Not Fertile

...so the al-Sadwali would have indicated a (correct) not fertile (ie, not pregnant) answer to this test question.

dr. farr

Thought I would refresh this thread, since it both discusses an INCORRECT answer of mine using the Ankara horary method:pinched:, and also gives an example of the Magic 8 Ball astro-divination technique...and the oldtime al-Sadwali "pregnancy delineation" method...

Ninneveh

Dear Dr. Farr, would it be possible for you to outline the Al Sadwali pregnancy method here for us? I like many others here have learned enormously from your knowledge, thank you for being so generous with us.