The Olympic Games 2008 Chart

mystic777

At a first glance this looks a pretty horrible chart. Sun in the 6th conjunct S.N. Moon in Scorpio in 8th Uranus and Pluto both angular and weak applying square. The co-ruler of the chart in 12th. Not terribly rosy games for the Chinese I think. The only saving grace seems to be Jupiter in 11th. What do you think?

Best wishes

Mystic

Attachments

• astro_2at_37_olympic_games_start_32748_30158.gif
    astro_2at_37_olympic_games_start_32748_30158.gif
    76.4 KB · Views: 40

Night Sky

Hi Mystic,

Chart ruler is Jupiter/Neptune. Jupiter is in the 11th sextile Moon, 11th is about groups of people and Jupiter signifies that it will be grand and a lot of fun for a lot of people.

If you use Neptune, there will be some stuff going on behind the scenes, stuff which we aren't going to see, some confusion, some problems, delays, maybe some drugs problems, which always seem to go hand in hand with the biggest tournaments.... Neptune aspects Mars, which means that some of the male athlete will definitely be drugged up for the games.

The Fifth house (GAMES) is ruled by Moon which is in a close sextile to Jupiter, even though it is both in fall and in the eighth, possible accidents and even a possible serious accident with female athletes in hospital, Jupiter will surely protect and make sure that all goes well.

With Pisces, Cancer and Moon all prominent, I'd hazzard that the Big Excitement will be focused on that Water Cube, with the Swimming and Water sports taking most of the attention. That Cube is quite a magnificent venue, as is the nest, but more so the Cube.:D

mystic777

Ok, let me backtrack a little.

It seems that there are two main themes that emerge. Firstly, the theme of deception that the Chinese are using Neptune to show the world their ideological (Sag) power (Pluto) through their hugely growing financial power(Pluto) (which is a Neptunian illusion that is only based on totalitarianism (Neptune in Aquarius) rather than its higher expression of humanitarianism. This expression of power will be expressed well (trine Mercury) and they will surely put on a good (apparently clean -6th)show (Leo).

The Moon however is in the eighth and being a co-significator of the overall theme suggests to me that something powerful (Jupiter) will overshadow the games. Whilst Moon is in strong sextile to Jupiter they are both is fall which suggests to me they will bring each down, although Jupiter is in its own terms and in the 11th showing that many will enjoy the Games and the Chinese will feel very proud and good about themselves. However, the Sun conjunct South Node suggests a loss of face for the Chinese. I agree that accidents, perhaps a major accident, relating to female atheletes could occur. The idea that a building may collapse due to poor building regulations, or regs not having been followed properly comes to mind, or perhaps there is a fire/explosion/earthquake of some kind. A new war (fire) seems to be breaking out in S. Ossetia as we speak that may overshadow the news events with Nato getting involved, though I admit this is quite a stretch.

Sorry to sound so negative as I am not normally so muted (its' a progressed Moon in Scorpio thing).

Best wishes

Mystic

Pelagic87

I hope the games go off smoothly for China, they get alot of flak for things, but running a country of over 1 billion people is definitely no walk in the park, let alone coordinating the Olympics as well

kronos

I am curious to know why nobody in this forum is bringing
to mention the complications between China and Tibet and between Sudan and Darfur.

The spotlight of the world is on China right now, and while they are putting up a good face for all to see, they are also trying to sweep under the carpet their inhumane treatment towards the Tibetan culture and to Darfur. Beijing is also rechanneling waterways away from poor farmers in order to hold the Olympics in their home country.

What do the astrological aspects of the chart for the 2008 Olympic Games tell you in regard to how much of China's inhimility towards mankind will be revealed to the world, and how will this impact China's relationship with humanitary efforts? Furthermore, how do you think each country's success in the Olympic games will impact their level of influence over the global community in terms of peace keeping and humanitarian efforts?

kiwikid

Neptune could also be symbolising the air pollution and smog which is giving China such a headache.

Also, I personally hate it when politics gets involved in sports. These athletes have been training so hard, and have often gone through a lot of trouble to get to these games. Noone should be allowed to take away the pride and glory when they receive their medals.

The opening of the games in Beijing was fantastic to watch, albeit on TV. China and its people have every right to be proud of themselves.
Good luck to them all :cheers: oi oi oi

mystic777

kiwikid said:
Neptune could also be symbolising the air pollution and smog which is giving China such a headache.

Also, I personally hate it when politics gets involved in sports. These athletes have been training so hard, and have often gone through a lot of trouble to get to these games. Noone should be allowed to take away the pride and glory when they receive their medals.

The opening of the games in Beijing was fantastic to watch, albeit on TV. China and its people have every right to be proud of themselves.
Good luck to them all :cheers: oi oi oi

I agree that the athletes should be cheered on and for everyone to delight in their personal achievements, this is only right and just. I also do not like the idea that politics, or business, should mix with any cultural activity, including sports events or events like the European song contest: European nationalism continues to shock and appal me, when will the Europeans grow up! I didn't try to politicise this thread, I only read what I saw. I am sorry for causing any offence.

However, the gross human rights abuses and as importanly the grevious animal holocaust that is happening in China today cannot be ignored. The mass slaughter of humans and animals is something which just like the Holocaust,like Stalin, like Hitler, the World must never forget. This is quite part from the fact that China stole Thibet from its people. What is even worse is that Western governments continue to acknowledge the conception that Tibet as a country does not exist any longer which is just as shameful. Let us not be in any doubt that astrology is fundamentally a SPIRITUAL discipline not simple a secular device for political navel gazing. It has been provided to us by God to let Lght be known to those who seek it. Light=Truth=Love. At the centre of the human soul-personality is love and love will ever conquer the trials that evil may throw at it and love can never be deceived by outer things. The true astrologer will only ever be motivated by LOVE and to serve from their heart.

Last edited:

kiwikid

Hey Mystic

No offence taken :).
The points you bring up are important, injustices are occuring all over the world at the moment. I'm just enjoying a reprieve from it all by enjoying the olympic games which is supposed to be bringing the peoples of the world together.
Whereas you are a true and active humanitarian, and strive for an ideal world [good on you!] I think it will take generations for all the inhumanitarian injustices and abuse to ever really settle. It's good that so many of our youth are travelling to all the different countries and learning first hand about the people themselves, rather than believing what govts would have them believe. The future is in their hands.
We need another John Lennon and his song "Imagine".
Cheers, Marg

tsquare

A new war (fire) seems to be breaking out in S. Ossetia as we speak that may overshadow the news events with Nato getting involved, though I admit this is quite a stretch.

This is important, This happened after the total solar eclipse...over Russia.
I believe that this is going to be interesting....spooky..
Georgia wants to join the UN....Russia does not want Georgia to join the UN.
The US backs Georgia.
Europe gets much of it's oil from Russia.
Putin Does not like the US.

This one catches my eye more then the games...what better time to start a war then during the games....did Russia do this before?

This deserves a thread at some point soon...

As far as the games go, I hope they go good.:)
China has a pollution problem...they had a nice clean up there to save face, they burn so much **** coal......anyway, I wonder on how mars in the seventh will work out being that the second house is ruled by aries....uranus on the asc in piscies.....curious how it wil work out...the conflict in Russia is going to errupt I do believe...too many dead so far..it isn't just a small conflict between a large county like Russia and a small dot like Georgia.....many have their paws in this already...the UN is involved in an odd way, and Russia from what i understand does not like the UN....so this is going to be interesting.....I wonder Chinas Role......

Anyway,
Tsquare

mystic777

Hi tsquare,

When you put it like that then that Jupiter is particularly important. Guess what? It's exactly opposite the US's Sun!

This needs urgent attention I would say and if the inception time can be found for when the Russians moved their tanks into S. Ossetia that could be very useful.

Russia's Uranus, ruler of natal 7th, conjunct the Games' Jupiter, less than 1 degree orb! If someone could post the Georgia charts that would be kind. It iis times like this that I feel I should have kept that great book by Nicholas Campion of World Horoscopes.Ah well...

If anyone can help with this that would be great.

Love and blessings to all,

Mystic

UPDATE. Looks like eveything that's been said on this thread is coming true:

U.S. Tourist is 'killed in Beijing'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7550969.stm

Russian jets attack Georgian city

Protest attempt at Olympic event
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7550802.stm

tsquare said:
This is important, This happened after the total solar eclipse...over Russia.
I believe that this is going to be interesting....spooky..
Georgia wants to join the UN....Russia does not want Georgia to join the UN.
The US backs Georgia.
Europe gets much of it's oil from Russia.
Putin Does not like the US.

This one catches my eye more then the games...what better time to start a war then during the games....did Russia do this before?

This deserves a thread at some point soon...

As far as the games go, I hope they go good.:)
China has a pollution problem...they had a nice clean up there to save face, they burn so much **** coal......anyway, I wonder on how mars in the seventh will work out being that the second house is ruled by aries....uranus on the asc in piscies.....curious how it wil work out...the conflict in Russia is going to errupt I do believe...too many dead so far..it isn't just a small conflict between a large county like Russia and a small dot like Georgia.....many have their paws in this already...the UN is involved in an odd way, and Russia from what i understand does not like the UN....so this is going to be interesting.....I wonder Chinas Role......

Anyway,
Tsquare

Last edited:

kiwikid

Mystic, if you google for Marjory Orr, she does astrology on todays news, and is really good value. She had quite a few charts of countries on another part of her site.
Cheers
Marg

Inside Out Orange

Interesting analyses on the chart. I would assume that China wanted the games to open because of the date 08.08.08 which I believe is seen as positive. Astrologically it doesn't seem the easiest of charts. The other thing that interests me about this is that a distant relation chose that day to get married.

The aspect that strikes me about it is the Uranus/Mars opposition; it's very close to exact and creates a T-square with Pluto in Sag. On a keyword level all I can think of is sudden aggression/explosiveness; but as China has already been under a lot of criticism and they're wary of terrorism I don't think you can see anything 'sudden' happening on that front. But it's there in the 1st/7th house.

Looking forward to next Sunday (17-Aug) I note three aspects that involve all the planets ...
- Full moon with Neptune/Chiron - (Sun/Moon opposition from Leo/Aq, Neptune/Chiron in Aq).
- Merc/Venus in Virgo are conjunct, and in trine to Jupiter in Cap which are nice easy aspects. The addition of Saturn in Virgo makes it harder work.
- Mars squares Pluto exactly. Uranus is only just in aspect to create the T-square.
- I notice the Sun/Pluto also trine each other.

Being the middle of the weekend more eyes of the world will be turned to the games than on a weekday. I think that'll be the most interesting time for the games one way or another.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly lift out the tight Mars-Uranus opposition (a typical accidents/sudden-catastrophe aspect) especially in the face of all the calamities that have been directly or indirectly surrounding the olympic games, and happening in the recent past. In this regard, also to be considered is the fact that Mars 'traditionally' rules the ninth house (all things foreign) in the chart, and Moon is placed in its own sign (Sco) and rules the fifth house - sports and games.

Sportingly
:)aquarius7000

Night Sky

aquarius7000 said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly lift out the tight Mars-Uranus opposition (a typical accidents/sudden-catastrophe aspect) especially in the face of all the calamities that have been directly or indirectly surrounding the olympic games, and happening in the recent past. In this regard, also to be considered is the fact that Mars 'traditionally' rules the ninth house (all things foreign) in the chart, and Moon is placed in its own sign (Sco) and rules the fifth house - sports and games.

Sportingly
:)aquarius7000

I think we all collectively decided not to look at that aspect. It's so glaring, such a unpredictable aspect, and as you said, a "sudden catastrophe" aspect.

I would temper it a little though. They are in Virgo-Pisces, not the worst placing for them, being mutable, they are adaptable and not as tense as if they were in fixed or Cardinal signs. Also in this chart they rule the 12th, 2nd and 9th, these are houses of background, even though the planets are in 1st-7th. It's just political stuff (9th) to do with values and human rights in Tibet (2nd) which the world has ignored (12). There are sure to be many volunteers who will use the spectacle for their agendas, whether they care for ladies beach volleyball or not.;)

aquarius7000

Night Sky said:
I think we all collectively decided not to look at that aspect. It's so glaring, such a unpredictable aspect, and as you said, a "sudden catastrophe" aspect.

I would temper it a little though. They are in Virgo-Pisces, not the worst placing for them, being mutable, they are adaptable and not as tense as if they were in fixed or Cardinal signs. Also in this chart they rule the 12th, 2nd and 9th, these are houses of background, even though the planets are in 1st-7th. It's just political stuff (9th) to do with values and human rights in Tibet (2nd) which the world has ignored (12). There are sure to be many volunteers who will use the spectacle for their agendas, whether they care for ladies beach volleyball or not.;)
I was no way on the Tibet trip at all with my previous post, as that is an age old issue with China, and nothing really a 'sudden' catastrophe kind about it, plus I try to keep politics as far away as possible from sports in real life and on this thread too about olympic games.

If anything, I meant that the 'olympic-games chart' clearly shows a connection between that what's unprecedentedly happened/happening in China like the three-level disaster emergency that's been declared in China due to the floods caused by the tropical storm Kammuri, the following earthquake (sudden natural calamities); and all this around the 'olympic games' date, so will have a direct bearing on the games (the reason I mentioned the Ura-Mars aspect at all).

:eek:aquarius7000

Night Sky

aquarius7000 said:
I was no way on the Tibet trip at all with my previous post, as that is an age old issue with China, and nothing really a 'sudden' catastrophe kind about it, plus I try to keep politics as far away as possible from sports in real life and on this thread too about olympic games.

If anything, I meant that the 'olympic-games chart' clearly shows a connection between that what's unprecedentedly happened/happening in China like the three-level disaster emergency that's been declared in China due to the floods caused by the tropical storm Kammuri, the following earthquake (sudden natural calamities); and all this around the 'olympic games' date, so will have a direct bearing on the games (the reason I mentioned the Ura-Mars aspect at all).

:eek:aquarius7000

I agree with you on the keeping politics away from sport idea.

But I think that the Olympics more so than any other tournament is a political event as much as it is about sport. Here's my reason:

I've always thought of the Olympics as a Sagittarian thing, that it has much to owe to Jupiter. Firstly it's the biggest event, gets maximum media coverage all over the world, that's pretty Jupiter. Then you've got the sacred Olympic flame - Sagittarius again, which is brought every time from a certain mountain in Greece.

Jupiter makes these games not just the biggest and best, and a great media show, but because of that planet, there must be power-politics. I don't doubt that it has always been used for political ends... the most blatant would have been in 1936 in Germany.

But the Uranus -Mars link up is still right for the natural disasters that you've ascribed to them, more so because that is a separating aspect, describing something that has already happened. The applying Mars square is to Pluto.

If you just want to focus on the games themselves, then you look at Jupiter in the 11th and Moon (5th house ruler), and then think of the athletes in terms of Mars and Venus, signifying speed and strength along with skill and agility. Part of the greatness of the Olympics is that all astrological influences are covered, with so many different sports and so many different skills.:)

mystic777

Night Sky said:
I agree with you on the keeping politics away from sport idea.

But I think that the Olympics more so than any other tournament is a political event as much as it is about sport. Here's my reason:

I've always thought of the Olympics as a Sagittarian thing, that it has much to owe to Jupiter. Firstly it's the biggest event, gets maximum media coverage all over the world, that's pretty Jupiter. Then you've got the sacred Olympic flame - Sagittarius again, which is brought every time from a certain mountain in Greece.

Jupiter makes these games not just the biggest and best, and a great media show, but because of that planet, there must be power-politics. I don't doubt that it has always been used for political ends... the most blatant would have been in 1936 in Germany.

But the Uranus -Mars link up is still right for the natural disasters that you've ascribed to them, more so because that is a separating aspect, describing something that has already happened. The applying Mars square is to Pluto.
Part of the greatness of the Olympics is that all astrological influences are covered, with so many different sports and so many different skills.:)

I wasn't going to mention it but when I looked at the chart for the opening ceremony for the 1936 Berlin Olympics (no known time so I couldn't look at cusps) it 'happens' that the Berlin Saturn is Conjunct (within 7 minutes of arc) the Chinese Olympics Uranus - both political planets. Both the Nazis and the Chinese asserted that politics and the Olympics should remain separate. They knew it wasn't the case.

I agree that the Olympics are most definitely ruled by Sagittarius.

On a lighter note, more sporting one, I see that in the relocated chart of the US (set for Washington) Saturn (ruler of relocated 5th) is conjunct within minutes the Asc amd Jupiter is in the 5th so I would suggest quite a number of medals for the US.

Also, surprisingly, the relocated chart for London has Sun exact on the MC. Very good for the UK (yay come on boys and girls!):)

Best wishes

(Sagittarian Sun) Mystic

Last edited:

Night Sky

I wasn't implying that China was using the Olympics for political reasons, they are, of course, but the Olympics itself is a Political entity, it's a force for globalism.

Hitler never chose to have the Olympics, they were given to Germany on a plate, by a committee of elite people with political connections. I don't think that there is anything conspiratorial with it, just that it's a setup. The nature of Jupiter is not manipulative and secretive, it's simply expansive, blows it's own trumpet a lot, spends a lot and gets a lot in return. For the country that hosts it, it should be a great spiritual uplift, especially in China this time where they have built some amazing new architecture. China may be totalitarian, but I think that the politics of that country is fairly conservative at the moment. They are slowly liberalising all in the name of business. And a business which is based on western mass production X10.