Moon Opposition Pluto

PD187540

I have this particular aspect in my birth chart with a 1 degree orb. It's an extremely powerful force in my life, and it actually forms the opposition aspect of a kite formation in my chart.

From Cafe Astrology:

"You are not always open with your feelings. Although you have a strong urge to share your innermost emotions with others, you have a simultaneous desire to control what others know about you, which likely stems from fear. You crave a deep f...eeling of belonging and intimate connection with others, and yet your approach to realizing these desires is often self-defeating. Attempts to control situations as you strive towards this goal generally backfire. Fear of loss and betrayal can consume you..."

[overly long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Everything in those two paragraphs is TRUE. In my love life, especially, it's very apparent. In fact, this is the major difficulty I have with starting any romantic relationship: I come on too strong, but that's only when I know for sure that the feeling is right and there's a connection. Time and time again, people get scared away and intimidated!

So how do I handle this situation? Well first, I think to myself: Am I REALLY the problem here? Or is it because these people are so unevolved that they can't handle or deal with such an intensity of feeling/emotion/what-have-you? Is pure feeling/emotion foreign to them, and therefore, do they really know how to feel?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....again, HMMMMMMMMM!

This is my philosophy on how to deal with this issue, and for me, it makes me feel amazing knowing that this is the reason. I have turned this rationalization over and over in my mind, and to be honest, I think this is an accurate assessment of what's going on. I feel much more clear-headed and less disappointed once I think about this philosophy. This may appear to be a case of "I'm not to blame, they are," but you know what, it's just true!

Anybody here also have a significant Moon opposition Pluto aspect in your chart? (or any moon-pluto aspect?) Please discuss your experiences. Also, what do you think of my rationalization? Is it a good coping mechanism, could it be true, and do you have other suggestions on how to deal with a situation like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

kaminari

Hi, Moon-Pluto can be cold. I have the sextile, my wife has the opposition. It's important to keep things cool, always.

Remember that Moon-Pluto is just one aspect in your chart. How does this aspect relate to the chart as a whole? Every Moon-Pluto opposition will have it's own personality, area of expression, desires.

astrology02

Hi,I enjoyed reading your post-I too have Moon-Opposition Pluto. before I studied astrology I never understood why even though I had this strong desire to be close to people-but at the same time was afraid. But after reading this as well as other articles, I can make some sense of it :)

This aspect is a challenging one. The biggest problem for me is learning to open up to people and let them see me for who I really am- imperfections and all. I really want to develop close emotional relationships with people however I only disclose certain information about myself to them. I do this I think because I have a fear of what they may think and if they don't like what they hear about me, they may use it against me, not be my friend etc. Also in relationships I found that the fear of the other person leaving me consumes me so I try to do everything in my power to get them to stay.

My advice would be don't be afraid of opening up to people- worry less about controlling the situation and withholding information. Although you may want close relationships with people, until you expose your strengths as well as your vunerablities (even though it may be hard) you will never truly be close to them :)

astrology02

also i find my feelings in relationships are very INTENSE sometimes, like even after only knowing a person for a couple months I start to become possessive or have a strong fear that they may leave :devil: lol! (all of these feelings come accross badly, however most of them stem from an inner fear of not being accepted/rejection)

Last edited:

PD187540

also i find my feelings in relationships are very INTENSE sometimes, like even after only knowing a person for a couple months I start to become possessive or have a strong fear that they may leave :devil: lol! (all of these feelings come accross badly, however most of them stem from an inner fear of not being accepted/rejection)

I completely agree with you on this one! For me, I can size up a person within the first 5 to 10 minutes of speaking with them. If I know there's a significant connection there, my feelings start coming out within a few DAYS the more I communicate with the person (forget after a couple months, in your case haha).

Regarding your first post though, I'm not the type to hide things though in general. With me, I tend to hide things more from my own family than from a random individual. And I'm very open with everything...I lay the cards right out on the table as soon as I get the chance.

About my Moon opp. Pluto aspect specifically, I have the Moon in Aries in the 3rd House (cusp of 4th) opposing Pluto in Libra in the 9th House. Here are the two additional interesting things going on with this one:

*My moon is also opposing Saturn in Scorpio in a very tight orb. Saturn, Pluto, and my Midheaven (in Scorpio) are all conjunct together.

*My moon opposing Pluto is part of a kite: the other aspects making up that kite are the Moon trining Neptune, Moon trine Venus AND Mars (Venus and Mars are conjunct in Leo). Those are the 2 grand trines. Then to round out the kite, you need sextiles: I have Neptune sextiling Pluto on one side, and then the other side is Venus and Mars both sextiling Pluto.

How do you like that one?

plutolion

I have Moon opposition Pluto and I also believe that Pluto can be inherited.. my mom, brother and I all have plutonian elements in our charts whereas my Dad doesn't, and he often leaves the room while we hash out deep issues! He is a good listener but doesn't have the same psychological need that the three of us do.

I come on very strong in romantic relationships... and have scared people away. I have a heavy Plutonian personality anyway... I also have Pluto trine venus, Pluto trine Mercury, Neptune sextile Pluto and Pluto in scorpio in the 8th house... I am Neptunian also.. have rising, mercury mars and venus all in Pisces. Therefore... I am incredibly emotional.

I feel harmless at the same time though, very gentle. I think I am secretive about my emotions. I am willing to talk about almost anything under the sun, and yet I am scared to share my emotional needs with people because I think they are ridiculous. Or I am afraid to unleash the floodgates.

Also, all my life, I have been attracted to the strangest people. It's probably a mix of the Pluto and Neptune elements in me... but I have almost exclusively picked out friends and lovers with lots of psychic baggage.. heavy-minded people, mystics, the insane. They inspire me, and I appreciate their willingness to be eccentric and talk about the roots of issues and whatnot. I am not very casual, not interested in any pretense or anything superficial. I want to get right down to the meat of things. I studied Russian literature intensively for two years... Dostoevsky, Lermontov, Tergenev, Tolstoy..

I also vividly remember my childhood, very early memories.. magical, etheral memories, also lined with intuition and understanding.. my moon is in the third house and I have favorable aspects to mercury - I believe I have always been in tune with certain things.

I like the Pluto elements in me, they make me seek intensity, dramatic switches in scenery... I think I am emotionally violent to myself, and I have urges to be emotionally violent to other people but I often suppress this out of a feeling of decency (or. maybe it's my mars in the 12th). I used to try to change myself to be more normal or relaxed.. I still am not sure how to act in love, because I don't want to scare people away nor do I want to attract intense partners that suck the life out of me (which I have also done). Pluto is quite a challenge. But at the end of it all I am usually pretty grateful for it.

theV

I have moon conjunct Pluto making square to the sun. I think pluto making aspect to the parental archetype planet means the parent were secretive and intense so the native might have some difficulty expressing their personality identity sun and emotion moon

Moon pluto means a dominating mother or smothering

Last edited:

Seneka

I have Pluto-Moon opposition 1-degree orb.

• Moon (Aries/4th house)
- Aries (self, my sun sign)
- 4th house (home, inner sanctum)

• Pluto (Libra/10th house)
- Libra (other, 1-to-1 relationships)
- 10th house (father figure)

What the Pluto-Moon opposition means to me?
In my case, it’s about childhood trauma. My dad was a very controlling man, primarily using terror as mean of education. He was emotionally unstable and violent, which held me hostage in a state of ongoing fear. This conflict, which was out of my control, has influenced my adult life greatly: issues with interpersonal boundaries, asserting/expressing my ego, undoing my victim mode, expressing emotions in a balanced way.

What I gained from my Moon-Pluto opposition?
- Insight into the darkest corners of patriarchal indoctrination.
- Insight into emotional violence and its effects on psyche.
- Being able to detect when emotional violence is present in other people’s relationships. Seeing/feeling power imbalance when it is present.
- Picking it up from subtle cues like body language, tone of voice, choice of words, behavioral patterns.
- Studying the inner workings of power imbalance on personal or group levels

Damage from Moon-Pluto

- Mistrust of men in general but especially patriarchal men (latter is a gift, not damage)
- Anxiety
- Emotions have a certain darkness to them
- The constant assessment of own emotions to make sure I don’t act from my place of trauma.
- Re-learning a new way of relating to people
- Hyper-vigilance in evaluating emotions. I try to counter this with humor.

Seneka

About secrecy and issues with revealing emotions
I’d say I’m one of the most open people you'll meet, emotionally honest that is. People are often perplexed by that and open up like Pandora’s boxes with me. Others are frightened/intimidated by the very same thing. I tend to have deep conversations with strangers. In fact, I find it hard to have small talk.

Last edited:

Wrt2lv

I also have Moon (exalted in Taurus 3rd House) opposite Pluto (in Scorpio conjunct Midheaven in 9th House). All I can say is, I totally agree with what everyone else has talked about/been dealing with. Inside there is a rich emotional world that longs to connect with others on a deep level. But on the outside I can come off as cold or distant but this is out of fear of true connection and perhaps fear of being hurt or being misunderstood.

In relationships it's hard for me to find the middle ground between "too intense" and "too distant".

The fact that my opposition here forms a T-square with both Moon and Pluto squared by Venus (1st House Aquarius) I think just amplifies this whole dilemma. With one person, I'm too intense. With the next, I'm too cautious.

JOS

I have the same moon pluto opposition, moon aries. Agree with the previous comments. I magnet scorpio moons, moon in 8th house woman throughout my life, only they have such depth can provide the connection I appreciate. My chart is heavy plutonic, 4-5 contacts plus in my current relationship about 6 pluto contact including venus pluto opposition, also neptunian. Casual partners on emotional level never interested me,i found meaningless and boring. Intensity very important to present. Also as someone mentioned above its enough few minutes to size anyone up, no one can hide anything from us. I think this attribute even stronger than scorpio moon people sensing. Depending on your emotional intelligence.
I think it rather positive aspect even being extremely fussy whom I let in my life but rely on my senses I know how close I can keep them without running into trouble. Not from my side but keeping under control others to prevent mistakes by themselves as generally very open and others tend to step over boundaries quickly as they feel comfort

JOS

I also have Moon (exalted in Taurus 3rd House) opposite Pluto (in Scorpio conjunct Midheaven in 9th House). All I can say is, I totally agree with what everyone else has talked about/been dealing with. Inside there is a rich emotional world that longs to connect with others on a deep level. But on the outside I can come off as cold or distant but this is out of fear of true connection and perhaps fear of being hurt or being misunderstood.

In relationships it's hard for me to find the middle ground between "too intense" and "too distant".

The fact that my opposition here forms a T-square with both Moon and Pluto squared by Venus (1st House Aquarius) I think just amplifies this whole dilemma. With one person, I'm too intense. With the next, I'm too cautious.

Yes, the too distant vs too intense is a common issue, as originally you can keep the intensity without dropping and Others gets exhausted by that. We feed on that intensity because gives the richness we reach looking for. It can turn bad when you find a sensitive enough partner and they have hard time to handle because you can become obsessive and demanding what then push them away and backfire. On the other hand it causes you to distance off and even loose the strength of the bond all together. I think what helps is to focus on your own life and goals and not to be dependent on others responses towards you and so avoid dependence. If you feel it's not fulfilling emotionally you might try to find someone who can stand intensity better. However we are very loyal and letting go hard unless someone betray us so it causes pain again

I noticed neptune sextile pluto is very common aspect as well, also I have that myself too

Last edited:

JOS

I have Pluto-Moon opposition 1-degree orb.

• Moon (Aries/4th house)
- Aries (self, my sun sign)
- 4th house (home, inner sanctum)

• Pluto (Libra/10th house)
- Libra (other, 1-to-1 relationships)
- 10th house (father figure)

What the Pluto-Moon opposition means to me?
In my case, it’s about childhood trauma. My dad was a very controlling man, primarily using terror as mean of education. He was emotionally unstable and violent, which held me hostage in a state of ongoing fear. This conflict, which was out of my control, has influenced my adult life greatly: issues with interpersonal boundaries, asserting/expressing my ego, undoing my victim mode, expressing emotions in a balanced way.

What I gained from my Moon-Pluto opposition?
- Insight into the darkest corners of patriarchal indoctrination.
- Insight into emotional violence and its effects on psyche.
- Being able to detect when emotional violence is present in other people’s relationships. Seeing/feeling power imbalance when it is present.
- Picking it up from subtle cues like body language, tone of voice, choice of words, behavioral patterns.
- Studying the inner workings of power imbalance on personal or group levels

Damage from Moon-Pluto

- Mistrust of men in general but especially patriarchal men (latter is a gift, not damage)
- Anxiety
- Emotions have a certain darkness to them
- The constant assessment of own emotions to make sure I don’t act from my place of trauma.
- Re-learning a new way of relating to people
- Hyper-vigilance in evaluating emotions. I try to counter this with humor.

The power imbalance detection is spot on! Also sense the lightest emotional abuse or control of others in any situations.

I have this opposition. If i love... I love truly and deeply, if i feel us parting i get uneasy.. Emotional.. Jealous... Possessive or pure anger.

Scorp Pluto. Tau Moon.

Pluto in 4th.
Moon conjunct Mars in 10th conjunct MC Aries.

JOS

I have this opposition. If i love... I love truly and deeply, if i feel us parting i get uneasy.. Emotional.. Jealous... Possessive or pure anger.

Scorp Pluto. Tau Moon.

Pluto in 4th.
Moon conjunct Mars in 10th conjunct MC Aries.

Yes. Also no in between state for some reason. You just care either way

I think it's thougher than scorpio moon 8th house stuff in intensity

Being fair i have no idea which is stronger. Scorp Pluto is at home, Tau Moon is exalted 3 degree's in my Chart.

Neither are in natural houses but Moon and Mars do great in 10th house at least productivity wise.

aquarius7000

I think it's thougher than scorpio moon 8th house stuff in intensity

Houses are not = to signs. 8th house is not = Scorpio. Please make it a point to understand that.

Also, in general, a lot depends on the condition of the Moon itself. For e.g., an exalted Taurus Moon will be able to handle a tight Pluto aspect much better than a fallen Scorpio Moon or a debilitated Cap Moon. So, one needs to consider various aspects and not just 'the aspects'. :)

Whoam1

I have Pluto square the moon... one of the hardest aspects unlike an opposition the problems that pluto causes the moon are less...direct. Also I have an eight house moon. I literally obsess over everything. I got into astrology because my tropical sun sign traits on google didn't describe me, I've had over a year at least studying astrology I've learned to more appreciate my sidereal chart, which give Pluto more power. This consumes my personality honestly and my emotions. My childhood was a little more than of kilter, I've been abandoned basicly by my own blood. Abused mentally and emotionally amongst other situations. I've learned that it's ok to be a dark person, actually it's kind of fun. I've also learned how to embrace something most people see as wrong and within that subject (astrology), i embracey sidereal chart which is also "wrong". This aspect made me afraid to share my emotions as a child. I rarely spoke then too. I don't trust many people I don't know to concider this a blessing or a curse.