Lords of the Geniture in our Charts.

JUPITERASC

Hello, a newbie here,

Would love to know how to tabulate or calculate the Lord of Geniture in our charts,
and also would love to know how this affects the chart and the person.

Below is my chart, could you hep me calculate it?
and explain how the ruler is obtained. Tq.

chart_zpsskcmputj.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Regarding the Mars as the LoG, are the people warrior like?

Go-getters, and those who are action orientated? Curious...
ALMUTEM FIGURIS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=442440#post442440 :smile:
....The Almuten Figuris is the planet that has the most dignity in the five places and other accidental considerations.

The Lord of Geniture is the planet that has the most essential and accidental dignity.

The sheer amount of work that goes into calculating the Almuten Figuris makes it difficult to mix up with simpler calculations. ;)

It's easier to just do it by hand if a program is giving you problems.....

Oddity

For the Almuten:

Most dignity in places of:

Sun
Moon
Ascendant
Fortuna
Pre-natal syzygy
Planetary day and hour also count towards a planet's dignity

For Lord of the Geniture:

Most essential dignity and accidental dignity, plus least afflicted of these in the chart. LoG sometimes requires a judgement call.

The two can often be the same, but not always.

happywhovian

Thank you Oddity and Jupiter.

Oddity: I just registered, and came across this thread. It sounds new to me because I'm still in my learning process. So that's what got me here.
For all I came to know is that the ruler of the chart is the ruler of the Ascendant. Which I found out from here that its not necessarily be that.

Just another question, how Pluto in my chart is not considered? Given that it is in Scorpio and in the tenth house, conjunct MC.

If Venus, does taking the easy route and escaping conflicts be part of the characteristics?

Jupiter, excessive generosity and a need for knowing maybe.

Oddity

Your chart seems to have disappeared out of photobucket.

You seem to have a really negative view of the benefics. Why?

Venus generally signifies women, love, art, pleasure, and beauty. Jupiter is somewhat philosophical, it rules wealth, religion, and tends to fairness and fortune. Jupiter is generous, but doesn't tend to excess unless afflicted.

Unless otherwise afflicted, they both bring good. Jupiter possibly moreso for you, because you were born in the daytime, so it's your in-sect benefic. Yet Venus is her rulership so...you tell me.

The concepts of almuten and lord of the geniture belong to traditional astrology. In modern astrology, or at least most kinds of it, your ascendant ruler is your chart ruler. A few traditional astrologers use the outer planets (most of us don't), and since the outers have no rulerships or other essential dignities, they aren't used in calculating the almuten or LoG.

happywhovian

Sorry Oddity,

chart_zpsskcmputj.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Can you see it now?
Haven't altered anything in Photobucket.

I have no bad perceptions on both the planets, in-fact while I was having my Saturn Transit according to an astrologer whom my mother consulted sometime back, the Venus in my chart is saving me throughout that time period.

Its just that when I look up for the aspects that these two planets make in my chart I came across such answers.

Another thing is that I was a bit shocked that Venus or Jupiter be my LoG, because mostly from what I have experienced in life is that I'm clumsy, and accident prone mainly due to the Mars square Uranus aspect in my chart where Mars is in my 8th house, conjuncts my Sun. Also Mars being my Oriental planet.

On another take, I am drawn to arts and music, but produce not much of works because of over self-criticizing and analyzing.

The planet Jupiter, have a huge thirst for knowledge and spirituality.

Thank you again Oddity. :)

Oddity

I can see it - thanks. Ran it up in my own software anyway because I use some calculations astro.com doesn't.

The almuten can actually skate into mystical territory - some people believe it's the link to your holy guardian angel (this predates Crowley by many hundreds of years, it's not Thelemic). Lord of the Geniture can be similar.

I've never found an astrological technique that works 100% of the time for everyone, but the almuten often shows the most important aspects of life for you - with Venus it would be beauty, love, art, with Jupiter it could be the quest for philosophical knowledge.

Mars is your out-of-sect malefic, so it can show some real trouble spots in your life, but - it doesn't define you. The accident-prone and clumsiness probably comes of Mars square Saturn, since Saturn rules your ascendant, and the ascendant represents you, your life, and your body.

You have a complicated chart.

happywhovian

The almuten can actually skate into mystical territory - some people believe it's the link to your holy guardian angel (this predates Crowley by many hundreds of years, it's not Thelemic). Lord of the Geniture can be similar.

I've never found an astrological technique that works 100% of the time for everyone, but the almuten often shows the most important aspects of life for you - with Venus it would be beauty, love, art, with Jupiter it could be the quest for philosophical knowledge.

Mars is your out-of-sect malefic, so it can show some real trouble spots in your life, but - it doesn't define you. The accident-prone and clumsiness probably comes of Mars square Saturn, since Saturn rules your ascendant, and the ascendant represents you, your life, and your body.

You have a complicated chart.

In what way does it seem complicated?
Always got problem using Cappy as my ascendent, never felt like its me.
When I first begin learning astrology, i used the wrong time of birth, which was 3.43 pm, accidentally. Used the wrong asc, Aqua.

Thank you! :smile:

Still got a lot of readings to do on this. Waiting patiently to figure out my friends'.

To JUPITER,

Thank you!! :smile:

emily23

Lord of the geniture! Wtf does that mean?sorry, sounds so strange and ridiculous bye

Suppose its slightly better than Almuten of the figure lololol

Dont get me wrong i love our astro forefathers but toooo funny!!!

Last edited:

Bunraku

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Geniture?s=t

geniture
[jen-i-cher, -choo r]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
birth; generation.
Astrology, nativity.

1540-50; (Middle French) < Latin genitūra. See genital, -ure

___
Origin of genital
1350-1400; Middle English < Old French < Latin genitālis of birth, equivalent to genit (us), past participle of gignere to beget + -ālis -al1

Word Origin and History for -ure
suffix forming abstract nouns of action, from Old French -ure, from Latin -ura.

Bunraku

I must admit that the archaic words and sentence structures are one of hurdles when learning traditional astrology.

JUPITERASC

Lord of the geniture!
Wtf does that mean?
sorry, sounds so strange and ridiculous
bye
In this particular context of an astrological chart
geniture = natal chart
Lord = one of the planets ~ i.e. Lord of Aries is Mars, Lord of Taurus is Venus and so on

keep in mind that future generations may be weirded out by the idea that
'wicked' has changed in meaning

and for some

'cool' has nothing to do with temperature

Suppose its slightly better than Almuten of the figure lololol
ALMUTEN - The strongest planet when all essential dignities are considered.
The term is Arabic and derives from al-mateen, meaning 'the firm one' or 'strong in power',
but the concept exists in the works of Ptolemy and other early classical astrologers.

The method of identifying the almuten involves considering the full range of essential dignities,
so that rulership by sign, exaltation, triplicity, term and face is considered - not just rulership by sign.
Hence Venus is said to rule the sign of Libra but Saturn is the almuten,
being capable of assuming rulership by exaltation, triplicity, term and face.
h http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/almuten.html

A point scoring technique is often used to determine the almuten of any given point.
This, and further details are outlined in part 5 of the tutorial Understanding Planetary Dignity and Debility.

The Almuten of the Figure is the most dignified planet in the chart.
This is often confused with the Lord of the Geniture
but generally the Almuten of the Figure does not recognise accidental dignity whereas the Lord of the Geniture does.

Dont get me wrong i love our astro forefathers but toooo funny!!!
archaeologists reading ancient manuscripts from the 21st Century may someday wonder what Wtf meant :smile:

emily23

Thanks Jupiter for the explanations, they DO make sense now, I was being facetious and, well, I did have a laugh!

Signed Sag Moon conjunct Jupiter

:happy:

vanila

Interesting thread, I know almuten for me is Mercury, but if help me with LoG I will be thankful

Attachments

• astro_2gw_08_co_co.70195.30003.jpg
    astro_2gw_08_co_co.70195.30003.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 33

Oddity

Probably Venus since it's in domicile and angular. The opposition to Saturn is a little worrying, but I don't think that would overrule.

Almuten is (usually) a straightforward calculation. LoG is more a matter of judgement, but strongly based on a planet having the most accidental as well as essential dignity.

cspencer

Banned
Hello, a newbie here,

Would love to know how to tabulate or calculate the Lord of Geniture in our charts, and also would love to know how this affects the chart and the person.
Below is my chart, could you hep me calculate it? and explain how the ruler is obtained. Tq.

chart_zpsskcmputj.gif
[/URL]

I believe the doctrine to be corrupted.

Why is the chart ruler for a mundane chart determined differently than a natal chart?

That's not making sense.

Determining the chart ruler for mundane charts is effectively a drill down to find the best situated star.

I reject Mars and Venus since they are combust.

I reject retrograde Jupiter that is not in sect.

I reject Moon for being above the earth in the 8th Place.

That leaves Saturn in joy in the 12th Place, Libra Mercury in the 10th Place and Sun in joy in the 9th Place.

Even though Mercury is in the 10th Place, the pivot is in the 11th Place. Saturn is cadent and in aversion to the ascendant.

Sun trines ascendant.

Sun is chart ruler (and Sun significates generosity).

Why did you resurrect a 10-year-old thread??

Maybe to save bandwidth and reduce global warming.

Just another question, how Pluto in my chart is not considered?

Pluto does not emit radio waves.

If Venus, does taking the easy route and escaping conflicts be part of the characteristics?

Venus is corrupted in this chart. Venus should be nocturnal, but isn't; should be in a feminine sign, but isn't; and should be in a feminine quarter, but isn't.

I would reject Venus as chart ruler for those reasons, and the fact that other Stars are better situated.

JUPITERASC

I believe the doctrine to be corrupted.

Why is the chart ruler for a mundane chart determined differently than a natal chart?

That's not making sense.

Determining the chart ruler for mundane charts is effectively a drill down to find the best situated star.

I reject Mars and Venus since they are combust.

I reject retrograde Jupiter that is not in sect.

I reject Moon for being above the earth in the 8th Place.

That leaves Saturn in joy in the 12th Place, Libra Mercury in the 10th Place and Sun in joy in the 9th Place.

Even though Mercury is in the 10th Place, the pivot is in the 11th Place. Saturn is cadent and in aversion to the ascendant.

Sun trines ascendant.

Sun is chart ruler (and Sun significates generosity).

Maybe to save bandwidth and reduce global warming.

Pluto does not emit radio waves.

Venus is corrupted in this chart. Venus should be nocturnal, but isn't; should be in a feminine sign, but isn't; and should be in a feminine quarter, but isn't.

I would reject Venus as chart ruler for those reasons, and the fact that other Stars are better situated.
This thread forms part of our Traditional Astrology forum
guidance notes to the Traditional Astrology forum state:

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only.
(Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700
by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renassiance eras.
Specifically it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction)
and exludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) :smile:
non-Ptolemaic aspects, as well as any asteroids.
The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretetation and more on prediction.
Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas
should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion
.)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80531

cspencer

Banned
Another method also used is the chart ruler being the Star ruling the sign the Moon enters after leaving its natal sign.

Maternus elaborates some on that method.

If natal Moon is in Aries, then Venus is the chart ruler, since the next sign is Taurus.

If natal Moon is in Gemini or Cancer, then the chart ruler is Mercury, since the Sun and Moon cannot be chart rulers and the next sign is Virgo.