Mars turning direct by progression - more assertiveness and drive?

bluerosepetals

So I just found out that my Mars (which is retrograde in natal chart) turned direct on 23rd January 2011. That period marked the beginning of my eating disorder recovery and assertion in the outside world. Could it be connected to that?

conspiracy theorist

Could you post your chart? That may be a contributing factor, but there is a rule of thumb that states that you'd want 3 testimonies of a signification before you have something solid. Perhaps we'd see some more factors that speak to this remission and re-immersion into the outer world.

bluerosepetals

RHpUZjM

Here is my progressed chart on said date.

bluerosepetals

First attempt failed, here it is. Haha

Attachments

• horoscope-synastry-chart1__progressions_8-3-1995_09-15_a_23-1-2011.png
    horoscope-synastry-chart1__progressions_8-3-1995_09-15_a_23-1-2011.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 38

Moondancing

Premium Member
So I just found out that my Mars (which is retrograde in natal chart) turned direct on 23rd January 2011. That period marked the beginning of my eating disorder recovery and assertion in the outside world. Could it be connected to that?

Quote from "Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark by Bernadette Brady

"Mars changing direction shows that you are going to be changing the way you manifest your energy. Someone who appears to be passive may become much more confronting."

Sounds like that is what you did with your eating disorder.

MD

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Btw my Jupiter is turning retrograde by progression in November, and I'm not sure what to expect. A bit nervous.

Is your birth date 8-3-1995? Looking at an ephemeris Jupiter went direct on the day of your birth and I'm not seeing Mars going direct around your 16th birthday. Could you post your birth data with time and place?

MD

bluerosepetals

Yes that's my birthday. Time of birth was 9:15 AM and place of birth Bjelovar, Croatia. I don't know, I noticed that my progressed Mars is currently direct so I went backwards to find the date when it turned direct, and that's what I found (on astroseek if it helps).

Moondancing

Premium Member
Something is not right with the data you put in Astro-seek because I get a very different birth chart with your data. I've tried several programs and get a Virgo rising instead of Gemini.

Try again

MD

bluerosepetals

Ohhhh I think I see the problem. It's not August 3rd, it's March 8th. In my country it's customary to put the day first, not month when one writes out a date.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Looking at the transits to your birth chart for Jan/23/2011 there is Jupiter entering Aries (drive and energy to achieve your goals) midpoint between natal Venus in the 10th house (public recognition) and Moon in the 1th (emotions concerning your body). Venus also rules 6th house of health. Jupiter also making a trine to Pluto in your 7th house opposing Moon. Great aspect for tackling deep psychological issues and gain control over your own life.

P. Jupiter going retro, can show you becoming very focused, maybe obsessively consumed on an idea. Looking further at your upcoming progressive chart, starting in Oct. 2022 P. Sun makes a trine to your Mars and Jupiter trine. If you don't know what that idea might be, I think you will see one beginning to form in the not to distant future.

MD