Pluto in aspect to Mercury

EJ53

Banned
Teddybull said:
Something I found with this aspect is that people with the square are such deep thinkers (to the point of probing investigation)...... downside is that they become to focused on one thought that might lead them down the wrong road AND they can't see the wall in front of them.

I know of one for example, with the square from Merc in Scorp and Pluto in Leo..... is tyrannical in thought. I believe the fixed sign square has got to be the hardest one of all, making things more inflexible.

........no objectivity.

I have Scorpio Mercury square Leo Pluto - and TB describes me perfectly here.

EJ

Astrodawn

Hello!

I recently posted on a similar mercury topic but feel I can join in this one too!
I have a heavily aspected mercury involving:

Mercury square Pluto
Mercury square Uranus
Mercury square Mars
Mercury trine ASC
Mercury conjunct south node

5th House mercury Sag/ south node
2nd House mars, uranus, pluto. Virgo

I think, and it has been said before, because mars, uranus & pluto are conjunct the energies of these planets are hard to seperate, and I am eccentric,unusual, obsessive, and firing on full cylinders when it comes to the thinking patterns of my latest 'Interest' (what ever it may be)

I cannot learn things and talk about subjects unless I know as much as I possibly can about them. When Im interested in something I read about every detail (virgo), and end up going down paths of newly discovered things (uranus) that are still in research mode (pluto/merc)
My favourite saying is 'a know it all knows nothing' and im always looking for new knowledge.
Anatomy & Physiology started off as an interest 5 years ago and I now teach it at a high level.
Fitness started off as an interest and Im now qualified in a vast amount of fitness things including aerobics, personal trainer, nutrition & and again recently this has evolved into me now teaching the personal trainer qualification to new would be fitness enthusiasts!

LIES - I am a walking lie detector. I sometimes consider it a curse because I can stand talking to people and KNOW they are lying to me, even white trivial lies, I stand there smiling in the conversation thinking 'why are you lying to me?' it drives me nuts!

SPELLING & GRAMMAR- not sure if this is pluto or not but I cannot read anything without spotting a spelling mistake, books, newspapers everything, I am infuriated by text talk spelling that has become the new thing and feel its the downfall of the english language. Young people can no longer spell ( I know this as I mark 16 - 18 year olds work on a daily basis)

PSYCHOLOGY - I am able to psycho analyse everyone in terms of what makes them tick. I love all the different influences that shape personalities. Im currently trying to find the time to do a degree in Psychology. My favourite minds as you may guess (pluto) are serial killers and anyone criminally insane, the more mad the better!

RESEARCH - I cannot just be told something and believe it without doing some research.
(I have copied and pasted this from my user page)

My Astrological Journey

My mother who I never got on with, and have always viewed as a bit 'weak minded' and pathetic took an interest in astrology when I was 14 ish. She created my chart and would say things to me which I didnt want to hear at 14 such as 'you wont get married until your in your 40's' (which as it turns out is correct!) and other outrageous things. Being a hormonal teenager I would rip up the charts in disgust shouting ' What a load of crud' till in the end I decided to learn a bit about it and complete some research ONLY to PROVE it was a load of rubbish and shut her up. I was the most cynical of all people.

I learnt how to draw up charts in the days when there were no computers, I learnt the basic meanings of the planets/houses and transits then watched and watched the effects on myself and other people. Slowly but surely I had to eat my words after seeing the same results over and over with certain things. I then discovered Robert Hand who opened up the esoterical side to me and changed me completely in personality. I learnt to look within myself and began a path of self improvement from around 30 yrs.

Since then I still do the research and I am currently into the minor asteroids juno, palllas, vertex etc within synastry and composite charts. I can talk for england but find it difficult to put my astrology knowledge into words (lack of air) I find this very frustrating.

I absolutly love watching and reading the posts and analysing the people who post psychologically, your all in my research! So thankyou for being such a varied bunch of interesting characters!

Dawn :) <---- otherwise known as the 'Thread Killer'

Last edited:

undertoad

Shining Ray said:
Quote:
Sue Tompkins - I have known several cases where Mercury-Pluto has been a prominent aspect in the charts of siblings who unfortunately died and profoundly affected the childs ability to communicate. It's as if the children believe that their words or thoughts have killed their brothers or sisters. Such tradgedies also kill someone with whom the child would have usually have enjoyed if not easy then spontaneous everyday communication. And I have also known cases involving the 12th house usually where a child had died or a baby had been miscarried prior to the birth of the Mercury-Pluto child. The youngster may not be told of this but vaguely picks up the fact that something awful happened in the past: so awful that no one can talk about it.

Very interesting post ShiningRay - thanks.

I can confirm that my Mercury (conj Sun, orb 3) in Gemini (both 8th Hs) square Pluto in Virgo/11th Hs (Sun square orb 0, Mercury square orb 4) definitely correlates with what Sue Tompkins describes, in my life. Though in ways I'm not sure I can explain right now, as I'm still trying to figure it out.

I've enjoyed reading the other interesting posts on this thread about sarcasm and the ability to throw "forbidden" topics into conversation. Definitely true of me, though I censor it back, maybe too much.

What you're talking about is a darker side to this. Looking at the symbolism (which is all I can do right now): Pluto is stuck in the Underworld by law, Hermes (Mercury) is beyond any law of restriction; by nature and mission, he can go anywhere. Uncomfortable partners, these two. One has to stay in the Underworld, the other one can escape. You can see where the guilt comes from.

Question: can Hermes talk about the Underworld when he's up here? Or is silence part of the deal that allows him to go there and come back?

Last edited:

gaer

Astrodawn,

You wrote about so much. Let's consider just one aspect pattern:

Uranus/Pluto square Mercury…

The important thing is that the energy of Uranus and Pluto are fused together. They become a unit. I would keep it simple, for now.

Because the aspect to Mercury is challenging/hard, it would be very hard for you to make a distinction between:

A) the part that is rebellion (not wanting to be boxed in, needing independence, expressing those needs in the way you think and speak, not accepting things without investigating them yourself), and

B) the part that is intensity.

I would think the intensity comes from Pluto. It would be hard for you to control it, and since Pluto itself is strong in your chart, you probably wear out less energetic people.

The need to check everything for yourself and your insistence on being free to make up your mind about everthing would come from Uranus, I think.

But with those to energies fused together in this manner, it's really hard to tell what is coming from where, isn't it? :)

Gaer

blennus

Pluto aspects with mercury certainly add cynicism and sarcasm, though I have found that the Neptune aspect in my Kite softens it quite a bit. I hold back on the sarcasm if I think they can’t handle it and might end up crying. I also tend to be a bit more trusting (IE Gullible) than most with Pluto-Mercury aspects (there’s that darned Neptune acting up again!) though I am just a cynical. A paradox you say? Nope I just believe that they believe what they are saying, but that doesn’t mean that I believe what they say. Ya follow?

In any case cynicism and sarcasm are merely symptoms of a greater malady caused by the Pluto-Mercury aspect, which a severe allergic reaction to any bull. The end result of which is the strong and irresistible desire to scratch that deep itch that lies beyond all of the socially fabricated layers of mental garbage that’s being spouted out these days. How that “itching” manifests depends on the nature of the aspect. Conjunctions will itch without knowing that they are doing so, while hard aspects will itch until it bleeds. Soft aspects itch enough to satisfy the urge without causing any permanent bodily damage. Or at least that is what I have found.

Pisceanfool

blennus said:
Pluto aspects with mercury certainly add cynicism and sarcasm, though I have found that the Neptune aspect in my Kite softens it quite a bit. I hold back on the sarcasm if I think they can’t handle it and might end up crying. I also tend to be a bit more trusting (IE Gullible) than most with Pluto-Mercury aspects (there’s that darned Neptune acting up again!) though I am just a cynical. A paradox you say? Nope I just believe that they believe what they are saying, but that doesn’t mean that I believe what they say. Ya follow?

In any case cynicism and sarcasm are merely symptoms of a greater malady caused by the Pluto-Mercury aspect, which a severe allergic reaction to any bull. The end result of which is the strong and irresistible desire to scratch that deep itch that lies beyond all of the socially fabricated layers of mental garbage that’s being spouted out these days. How that “itching” manifests depends on the nature of the aspect. Conjunctions will itch without knowing that they are doing so, while hard aspects will itch until it bleeds. Soft aspects itch enough to satisfy the urge without causing any permanent bodily damage. Or at least that is what I have found.

:38:...

need i say more?(actually i did apparently your msg must be 10 chars) i get ya blennus... and i hate it when people don't understand sarcasm. maybe that's more due to my sun trine being the second closest aspect in my chart.

Last edited:

Hermes

I have Pluto in the 3rd square to Mercury,the ruler of the 3rd in 12th.I have heard Mercury in the 12th to be very weak ? I adore crime stories, investigating everything that is mysterious,hidden..This configuration also caused my brother's traffic accident who almost died and today has terrible consequences..In my communication style I'm extremely blunt, direct,don't like "sugarcoating"bad things and I appriciate it myself when others are direct with me and can't understand why others are ,for my taste ,overly sensitive.

Last edited:

ravenscall

I have Mercury semisquare Pluto which isn't as big as the square but the orb is 2 which is pretty close. I definitely find that I can be cynical and sarcastic BUT this comes from having Mercury in Capricorn. Along with this semisquare and a minor aspect to Saturn, I can be extremely dogmatic with my words and opinions. I also find that people do misunderstand me sometimes. I think I communicate and think like a Scorpio. With my storywriting, I focus on the psychological and spiritual sides and especially the more instinctive and deeper motives of a character. People have said that my writing is compelling and when I read my stuff I can also feel overwhelmed. I think this also comes from Pluto in the 3rd house. I release a lot of dramatic pent up stuff through writing.

Stubborn Virgo

I have Mercury Rx in Virgo sextile Pluto in Scorpio. I also have Mercury trine Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and Mercury is also conjunct my Sun (also in Virgo, sextile Pluto). I have other Plutonian aspects as well (Pluto square Ascendant in Aquarius).

I'm an intensely cerebral person. I have a tendency to be very quiet around people I don't know or don't trust. But being quiet doesn't equate to being shy - if I feel the need to speak up, I definitely will. And if the conversation veers into a topic that I'm passionate about, it's a given that I will speak up. People are often taken aback by how opinionated and stubborn I am. I don't care for smalltalk. I don't like to lose an argument. I'm very sarcastic. I am interested in law and justice - so much so that I have considered becoming a lawyer. I usually know when someone is lying or being deceitful. I get a pretty strong "gut instinct" about people and situations - and my instincts are usually right. I don't mind doing hours, days or weeks of research about a topic that I'm passionate about. And when I am researching a topic, I have to know every single little (relevant) detail there is to know.

Last edited:

emily23

The world needs mercury pluto people to keep the liars and cheaters and Bull sh itt ers at bay

It is a wonderful aspect to have in any way shape or form, strong or diluted

:biggrin:

I have it semi square

Mars to Mercury is just as good btw

Arena

Just my two cents since my 4 yr old daughter has this conjunction in her chart and I do believe it manifests in her as being very able to tune into the feelings and thoughts of others. She has on many occasions said things about something that I've been thinking, things about death and almost as if she can see what I'm thinking or that she can somehow feel it. Also I've wondered if she can actually sense and see things that are not visible to all. She is also very sure in her expressions of those things and also of her right and will to be her own law and follow her own rules. I know she is only 4, but this is very apparent to me and after reading about this aspect, I could better understand her.

Hephaistos

have the concjunction of mercury & pluto in libra, mercury is ruler from 12th & 9th. aspectet with sextiles (Saturn Neptun) conjunctions (Pluto Venus Mars AC) trines (Jupiter) & Squares (MC/IC)

people often say to me i learn very fast, dont need for long explanations often understand instantly, or call me a smarter fox. before 3 years a german authority want have a IQ test from me, it was around 150 dont remember exactly, but i'm socially & emotionally totally disabled, dont understand social rules or behavior with that i dont raise up. And i have still eagle eyes with 39 years and sensitive antennas.

my biggest hobbys since my childhood are astrophysics, quantumphysics and psychology + the personal history of some personalities like gehnghis khan and so on ... I rationalize my emotions because mercury is ruler from my virgo sun.

a good explanation for mercury pluto is the movie A Beautyfull mind, about the life story of John Nash.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Nash,_John

for me mercury pluto is the constellation of insanity & genius.

Last edited:

Zeo

I have Mercury in Taurus and 11th house opposition Pluto in Scorpio and 5th house.

Due to from what I've noticed for this aspect, I usually almost always see something's wrong with the world and society and I have this urge to jump in to try and help the world change for better.

I guess it can be a good thing because there's some things going on in the world that are actually wrong/inappropriate but it can be bad at same time because it can lead me to be depressed about world's disorder and that social problems feel real and personal to me even if I am not involved with it. Most of the social problems I've noticed tend to be involved with the rights and the equality.

That's what I know about the aspect for Pluto opposition Mercury and how it applied to me anyway.

graay ghost

-Mercury Leo 4th House
-Mercury square Pluto, Mars, Asc, Desc
-Mercury opp Saturn
-Mercury conjunct Chiron

I'm a student of observation and nobody likes my observations. Verbal communcation instead becomes a dance to please the other person and get them off my back. It has long since become nearly impossible for me to verbalize my many, many concerns about things rather than smile and nod because I am so focused on pleasing that other person, because if my attention strays from being pleasant for an instant, they will get angry at me and I could lose everything. Instead, everything comes out as a deluge of text where they can't see. I've just got to keep on smiling and nodding, smiling and nodding...

Kali

I have a tight tredecile between Pluto and Mercury. I know what to say to people and when to say it. On the everyday side, I generally can get anything from people that I want, which I try not to abuse. But on the higher side, I instinctively know people's issues and when and if they are ready to deal with them. Most of the time, they are not, but sometimes, they are and a then, a pointed question is usually all it takes for them to have an "ah-ha" moment. If they require more than a question, they aren't quite ready and I don't push it with an explanation. As a further note, my Mercury is out of bounds and Pluto is retrograde. The retrograde keeps me focused on internal processes with Pluto--how someone's mind works, what their dark spaces are--rather than seeking to externalize Pluto. And the OOB just pushes Mercury a bit further. (It's also trine Uranus so it's going to go a bit "further" anyway. ;-p)

Stubborn Virgo

The world needs mercury pluto people to keep the liars and cheaters and Bull sh itt ers at bay

It is a wonderful aspect to have in any way shape or form, strong or diluted

:biggrin:

I have it semi square

Mars to Mercury is just as good btw

I couldn't have said it any better myself. We're the natural detectives of the zodiac. :rightful:

Stubborn Virgo

I have Pluto in the 3rd square to Mercury,the ruler of the 3rd in 12th.I have heard Mercury in the 12th to be very weak ? I adore crime stories, investigating everything that is mysterious,hidden..This configuration also caused my brother's traffic accident who almost died and today has terrible consequences..In my communication style I'm extremely blunt, direct,don't like "sugarcoating"bad things and I appriciate it myself when others are direct with me and can't understand why others are ,for my taste ,overly sensitive.

My mom has her Pluto in 3rd in the sign of Virgo. I'm a little Plutonian too so we watch crime shows together. The Investigation Discovery channel is our favorite. She could literally watch Snapped, The First 48 Hours, Dateline or any other investigative show for hours on end. We joke that she should've been a detective. I have a lot Uranus and Neptune in my chart, so my favorite show is naturally Disappeared. :)

She's also direct and blunt. She also gets that from her Aries Moon. She raised both of her kids to be that way, too, but she gets frustrated when she encounters people who aren't direct or who seem to be lying to her. She's not afraid to hurt other people's feelings in search of the truth.

cosmicseeing

Pluto is in Mercury's (3rd) house in my chart opposite Mercury in Gemini in the 10th. Pluto is conjunct IC a few degrees. Very interesting to read of others Mercury-Pluto contacts. I find this placement in the 3rd house helps me study anything that sparks my interest.