Natal chart rectification

grant12

Hi could someone please assist me with the technique required to rectify a Natal Chart . I remember reading Sepherial a few years ago and he has a particular calculation to rectify charts . As an example let's say someone was born on the 23rd March 1971 3.00AM in Melbourne Australia and on the 2nd October 2020 at 1.00PM fell over and broke their finger . In this instance I could draw up a chart for the 2nd October 1.00PM Melbourne Time and compare it against the Natal chart but for a more accurate calculation would I have to subtract 3.00AM time of birth from the time of midnight to get a more precise natal chart figure thanks

Cary2

Banned
You have the general gist of the idea, but I would like to add a few things.

If the known birth time is accurate within an hour or so, it is a good candidate for rectification, but if the time is not known to that level, then rectification is very dubious.

Injuries where the skin is broken can be very helpful by retrodicting. Also, I find that marriage often occurs when a solar arc planet crosses the natal ascendant or when the solar arc ascendant crosses a natal planet. Let that be another avenue. As you can see, any reliable prediction technique can be inverted into retrodiction to extrapolate a correct ascendant, provided the original time was not far from correct.

If your birth time is already close to exact, then wait for transiting Mars to cross it. As it crosses the ascendant exactly, there will probably be a minor injury, a cut, or a burn, for example. If this happens at a point slightly removed from your ascendant, then that is an indication that there was a small amount of error, and the transiting Mars position is a more likely estimate of your true ascendant.

JUPITERASC

Hi could someone please assist me

with the technique required to rectify a Natal Chart .

I remember reading Sepherial a few years ago and he has a particular calculation to rectify charts . As an example let's say someone was born on the 23rd March 1971 3.00AM in Melbourne Australia and on the 2nd October 2020 at 1.00PM fell over and broke their finger . In this instance I could draw up a chart for the 2nd October 1.00PM Melbourne Time and compare it against the Natal chart but for a more accurate calculation would I have to subtract 3.00AM time of birth from the time of midnight to get a more precise natal chart figure thanks
detailed RECTIFICATION TIPS thread discussion :smile:

at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

ANIMODAR RECTIFICATION

1. Examine the preceding syzygy, whether it was a new moon or a full moon.

2. If the preceding syzygy was a new moon, observe its degree at the time of the nativity.

3. If the preceding syzygy was a full moon by night, we observe the degree of the syzygy. By day, we observe the degree opposite the syzygy, which is the degree of the luminary above the horizon (in that case the Sun).

4. Observe the degree at the approximate time of the nativity, and give a point to any of the following planets with rulership over the degree at the time of birth (see http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/3A*.html#note9)

OJUpA8e.png

5. Give a point to any planet in the same sign as the degree or in sign with some aspect (sextile, square, trine or opposition) to it.

6. If one star is familiar with the degree in all or most of these ways, whatever degree of its sign it is passing at the time of birth, the same numerical degree is rising (Asc) or culminating (Mc) at the time of birth.

7. If two or more stars are predominators, observe the one that is closer to the approximate time. If it so happens that we do not have the nearest hour of birth, we can establish it through combination of accidental qualities.
The foregoing rectification is for time with approximate hour.
You have the general gist of the idea, but I would like to add a few things.

If the known birth time is accurate within an hour or so, it is a good candidate for rectification, but if the time is not known to that level, then rectification is very dubious.

Injuries where the skin is broken can be very helpful by retrodicting. Also, I find that marriage often occurs when a solar arc planet crosses the natal ascendant or when the solar arc ascendant crosses a natal planet. Let that be another avenue. As you can see, any reliable prediction technique can be inverted into retrodiction to extrapolate a correct ascendant, provided the original time was not far from correct.

If your birth time is already close to exact, then wait for transiting Mars to cross it. As it crosses the ascendant exactly, there will probably be a minor injury, a cut, or a burn, for example. If this happens at a point slightly removed from your ascendant, then that is an indication that there was a small amount of error, and the transiting Mars position is a more likely estimate of your true ascendant.

grant12

thanks very much although I haven't really worked with progressions too much I would like to study it further as it does seem quite accurate . My approach is to look at a Companies Incorporation Chart or First Listing Chart on an Exchange . As an example I may look at Commonwealth Bank Australia which has a Listing date of the 12th September 1991 but the exact time of the listing is unknown and the locality of listing is broad as there are two exchanges operating in Sydney and Melbourne so without an accurate birth hour it may be difficult to locate an approximate degree of the Midheaven . I did some calculations on the degree of Midheaven

Cary2

Banned
Ascendant in basic natal astrology is associated with the native's body, so we look to injuries that cause a break in the skin. Ascendant is often involved in some methods of prediction with marriage. With corporate charts, what is the analog of the physical body? Is a marriage a merger? Tricky.

grant12

On the degree of the Midheaven for the 12th September 1991 between 8.00am to 10.00am for Sydney and at 8.00 the Mc is at 110 Deg 9.00 at 124 Deg 10.00 at 139 Deg so without an accurate listing hour it's difficult to arrive at a practical figure as there is 29 Deg difference in a few hours making an accurate MC calculation difficult . One of my methods is transit to Natal where as an example Venus might be conjunct Natal Jupiter on the first trade chart applying to a trine of the Sun and sextile mercury on a particular date which may indicate a period of strength and good influence in the stock for the duration of the aspect but as we are not able to establish an accurate birth time we don't have Midheaven and Ascendant figures to work with . We know the date of listing but that's it .

my next question is . The current method I use is transits and aspects to Natal which is sometimes accurate and sometimes not . I was considering looking at progressions but this method looks pretty complicated as half a day is equivalent to half a year so calculating this down to a day would require a lot of work .

Cary2

Banned
I much prefer solar arc directions to progressions. The combination of solar arc directions and transits is what I recommend, but I'm not a financial astrologer, so I don't have many answers for your situation.

grant12

thanks could you give me a basic theoretical example using solar arcs I have heard of this technique and interested in learning it . I currently use a programme called Astrolog which I am not sure will allow me to perform solar arc calculations . could I perform the calculations by hand or would that be too tedious . thanks grant

Cary2

Banned
It's been a long time since I used Astrolog, but I think it has the option.

You can easily do it by hand, or mostly by hand. It helps if you understand the metric called absolute longitude. Absolute longitude is easy to learn.

You've used secondary progressions, so you know how the Sun is progressed. Whatever distance in longitude the secondary Sun traveled to the target time, is The Solar Arc. In other words, the secondary progressed Sun is the same as the Solar Arc Sun. The difference is how the other planets are advanced.

A direction moves all, or most, of the factors by the same rate, or arc. When you have found the solar arc by secondary progression, you move all other factors by that arc. The new positions are the solar arc positions. So they are called directions because they move all, or most, of the factors by the same rate, but different directions differ based on the rate chosen. There are degree-per-year directions (which are remarkably close to sa directions); there are others like The Naidbod Arc directions.

As you learn and practice solar arc directions, you can estimate them by using degree-per-year directions. Just move everything a one degree for one year.

To learn absolute longitude, convert chart positions to a hard number without regard to signs. Planets in Taurus are greater-than-or-equal to 30 but less than 60 degrees. Planets in Geminii are greater-than-or-equal to 60 but less than 90 degrees. 360-degrees in AL is the same as 0-degrees. Your math may take you to a number larger than 360; if so, subtract 360. If your math takes you to a negative number, then just add 360. Aries begins at 0-degrees, but does not extend to 30, because that is where Taurus begins.

grant12

Thanks Cary does this look right

12th September 1991 Geocentric Sun is 18 Deg Virgo 44" or 168 Deg 44 so if I wanted to get the solar arc for the 24th May as an example I would take the position of the Sun on that day which is 3 Deg Gemini 17" or 63 Deg 17"

So the difference between the position of the Natal Sun (12th September 1991) and the Sun on the (24th May 2020) equals 255 Deg

Sun at 168 Deg in Natal chart add 255 Deg takes the progressed Sun to 63 Deg and then I add the 255 Deg Arc figure to all of the planets in the Natal Chart . hope that's right .

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
You seem to understand Absolute Longitude, but I didn't check the 255-degrees number. You caught everything else, so it is probably right. It is transforming from LA to astrology proper that allows you to do the math quickly with a calculator. You can also work faster by estimating fractions. If the location is 3-degrees, Geminii, 45", then 45/60 = .75, so you can use 63.75.

Ask someone else about posting images. I'm not much help there.

JUPITERASC

how do you post an image on this site
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

JUPITERASC

thanks very much although I haven't really worked with

progressions

too much I would like to study it further as it does seem quite accurate .
My approach is to look at a Companies Incorporation Chart or First Listing Chart on an Exchange . As an example I may look at Commonwealth Bank Australia which has a Listing date of the 12th September 1991 but the exact time of the listing is unknown and the locality of listing is broad as there are two exchanges operating in Sydney and Melbourne so without an accurate birth hour it may be difficult to locate an approximate degree of the Midheaven . I did some calculations on the degree of Midheaven

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827

07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Looking at Progressions
A lot of people seem to have problems understanding progressions. The progressed Planets are nothing more than very very slow moving transits. Progressions are very internal in nature, meaning they're more likely to affect you mentally than physically. That doesn't mean progressions don't affect you physically, they can, for example a Planet progressing into the 6th House or the 6th House Ruler progressing into the 8th or 12th House or into certain aspects with the rulers of the 6th, 8th or 12th Houses can signify an illness.

Progressions are something you do maybe once in your life, and one of the best ways to do that is to write them down. You can use a spread sheet (like I use) or a word processor or write them on a legal pad, or you can use construction paper and crayons, it doesn't really matter. Other than that, all you need is a list of your Planets and the Ascendant and MC, and an ephemeris, which you should buy, but you can also find them online.

An ephemeris will look something like this:

Date............Sun....... Moon..... Mercury...Venus
May 26 1962 04°Ge28' 26°Aq47' 20°Ge23' 03°Cn43'
May 27 1962 05°Ge25' 10°Pi51' 20°Ge22' R 04°Cn55'
May 28 1962 06°Ge23' 25°Pi05' 20°Ge16' 06°Cn07'
May 29 1962 07°Ge21' 09°Ar25' 20°Ge05' 07°Cn19'

The symbolism is "day-for-a-year" so each day after your birthday is one year of your life.

Generally, you want to look at 120 days, which is 120 years of your life. Yes, I know you're not going to live 120 years, but none of you are special. When you die, the Solar System does not grind to a halt; it continues moving. Your chart lives on, even after you die.

There are somethings you might want to know about. Is your Will contested? Does your Estate end up in Probate Court? Does the government seize your Estate? Do your children fight over it? Does your spouse remarry? Maybe you want to comeback and haunt your spouse (or protect your spouse). Do your children marry, divorce, have more children, do your grandchildren marry etc.

Will you receive any awards or accolades, or publish a book? No kidding, a guy in Australia found his grandfather's diary of life in the trenches during World War I. He published it. Guess what? It showed up in the progressions of the grandfather's natal chart.

Here's a snippet from my progressions (sorry the formatting is less than desirable):

Natal .. Position.. Action.. Age.. Date .. ..........Location .. Contact
Venus.. 04°Cn39' Sign .....19 ....Jun 13 1962... 25°Cn14'.. 9th House
Saturn .11°Aq22' Square ..19 ... Jun 13 1962 ...11°Ta17'.. Mars
Neptune 11°Sc29' Opp .....19.... Jun 13 1962 ... 11°Ta17' Mars
Mars 28°Ar29' ...Square ...22 ....Jun 16 1962 .... 28°Cn47' Venus
Uranus 28°Le37' Qu .........22 ....Jun 16 1962..... 28°Cn47' Venus
Venus 04°Cn39' Sign .......23 .....Jun 17 1962..... 29°Cn58' Leo
Mercury 20°Ge22' D ........26...... Jun 20 1962 .....11°Ge52' D Mercury
Mars 28°Ar29' Sextile ......26 ......Jun 20 1962 .....28°Ge23' Sun
Uranus 28°Le37' Sextile ....26 ..... Jun 20 1962 .... 28°Ge23' Sun
Venus 04°Cn39' SSx........ 27 ......Jun 21 1962...... 04°Le41' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Con........... 28 ...... Jun 22 1962 .... 05°Le52' Venus
Sun 05°Ge13' Sign ..........28 ....... Jun 22 1962..... 00°Cn18' Sign
Jupiter 10°Pi38' SSx ........28....... Jun 22 1962...... 10°Aq38' Saturn
Moon 07°Pi41' Qu ..........29....... Jun 23 1962 ...... 07°Le03' Venus
Pluto 07°Vi32' Con ........29 ...... Jun 23 1962....... 07°Le03' Venus
MC 01°Vi31' Sextile...... 29 ........Jun 23 1962....... 01°Cn15' Sun

All I've done is write out the year in which there is some contact with progressed Planets.

At age 19, my natal Venus progressed to conjunct the 9th House Cusp at 25° Cancer.

How do you interpret that?

The 9th House Cusp is Cancer ruled by my Moon in my natal 4th House. What is the 9th House? Among things, it's long journeys. 4th House is the home.

I left the United States and didn't return for about 10 years.

See? It ain't so hard.

At age 23 my Venus progressed into the Sign of Leo. I got married. Because Venus progressed into Leo? Not entirely. My natal Mercury was Stationary in the natal 7th House, then it went Retrograde and then it went direct at age 26. In reality, I was actually 25 1/2 years old when Mercury went Direct in my 7th House of Relationships.

That is one of the advantages of writing out your progressions. When you see something like that, natal Venus progressed into the 9th House then into the Sign of Leo while Mercury goes Direct, you want to actually do a chart for that time period and then also look at the transits so you can get a sense of the timing (in this case transiting Moon conjunct Ascendant).

When I was 28, natal Sun changed Signs and entered Cancer. Did I become a Cancer? No, but I did take on some of the traits of Cancer. I became more sensitive, very emotional and extremely traditional, plus I took on a few of the negative characteristics, like brooding and being way too cautious, but then I was suffering from PTSD and the effects were starting to manifest themselves in a serious way.

When my Ascendant progressed into Sagittarius, I did not become a Sagittarius, but I did take on a few traits, like being really straightforward, to the point of being very blunt, and also broadminded and quite the procrastinator.

Natal .... Position .. Action ....Age... Date ............ Location .. Contact
Asc...... 20°Sc43' ..Sextile ....90 .... Aug 23 1962 ...20°Vi41' ... Mercury
Sun..... 05°Ge13' .. Sign .......91 .... Aug 24 1962... 00°Vi33' ....Virgo
MC ......01°Vi31' ....Sextile.... 91 .... Aug 24 1962 .. 01°Cn06'... Mars
Sun.... 05°Ge13'.... House .... 92..... Aug 25 1962 .. 01°Vi31' ...10th House
MC ......01°Vi31'..... Con .......92 .... Aug 25 1962... 01°Vi31' ... Sun

There's where I exit stage left. Not because of those particular progressions, mind you, but because of that and other things going on with transits and the Anareta wants to Tango.

The other benefit to writing out your progressions is that if you don't know the houses, signs, elements and natures (and that would be about 80% of you), then you will when you're done. The elements trine, the natures oppose and square, sextiles are always Fire/Air or Earth/Water etc.

I recommend using some of the minor aspects, like the quincunx, semi-sextile and semi-square.

Often in your life you might notice periods where your relationship with your children, spouse, parents, friends, co-workers or supervisors is a little testy and irritating. I guarantee you'll always find a semi-sextile or semi-square there. And the advantage of knowing that in advance is that you can take a "time-out," give yourself a "yellow card," take a different approach or do other things to make your life and everyone else's more pleasant.

Aspect orbs for progressions are 30' to 1° maximum. In addition to aspects, Planets changing Signs, Houses or going Direct or Retrograde are very important to note. For Planets that go Direct or Retrograde, flip ahead in the ephemeris and look to see if any transiting Planets are conjunct that point, because it will be emphasized. The same is true if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the pre-natal eclipses or the last Moon before birth (which will either be a Full Moon or a New Moon).

What if a progressed Planet goes Direct or Retrograde at the same point where there is a transiting Eclipse or New/Full Moon for that month? I don't know, but note it and look at it in detail later. You can ignore Lunar Eclipses after 3 months, but for Solar Eclipses it'll depend on the nature of the Sign (ie 3 months for Cardinal, 6 months for Mutable and 12 months for Fixed).

After you make your list or table, look at past events and see if you can make sense of them. As I said, not everything will manifest itself in a way that you can physically see. Once you get a feel for past events, you can start looking at future events.
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
Last edited by wilsontc; 07-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.

grant12

thanks very much for your help . To date most of my calculations have been based on Directional aspects and transits to my Natal Chart or a Companies Chart which has provided varying results of accuracy . This approach was taken in conjunction with looking at parallel or contra parallel aspects and other astrological factors at the particular date of interest . Thanks to Cary I might be on the right track in understanding how solar arcs work and integrate them into my work .

As an example this morning I decided to look at two approaches. My first approach was based upon straight directions to my Natal so I took the Geo Ephemeris and I noted the position of the planets on the 2nd October which could be an important date for me . on that date Geo Venus is trine my natal Mars which is seperating from a square aspect of Pluto retrograde in my Natal . Maybe the effects of this transit maybe reduced due to the malfeic nature of Pluto retrograde Mars in my Natal Chart . And in addition to this Geo Jupiter is applying to a trine of my Natal Saturn within 1 degree of orb which will hopefully ease restrictions and bring some good fortune as it passed through the earth sign of Capricorn so that's the first approach complete.

The second approach taken was a Solar Arc progression for the same date being the 2nd October but the influence is completely opposite to the fixed approach indicating an evil malefic period so I am not sure which approach is right .

Solar Arc Direction has Geo Sun at 189Deg which is 199Deg difference to my Natal Sun which is located at 350Deg so by calculation I add 199Deg of Solar Arc to the position of my planets in my Natal Chart which brings Venus to 148Deg in trine aspect to Natal Mars then by progression Saturn is at 247Deg which is 1 Deg past My Natal Jupiter at 246Deg which is interesting as the fixed directional approach for the 2nd October looks fairly positive but the Solar Arc progression has a possible negative influence with Saturn seperating by one degree from conjunction with Natal Jupiter