Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
So, not at the "hands" of the Judeans (as they were called in Latin) but those of the Romans. Btw, there were no "Jews" at the time--that's from the pejorative French word, "Giu", late 12th century.

I don't consider it pejorative and it is commonplace. We can use Yehudim and Yeshua to sound as if we know Hebrew if you want.

The Romans (lawless men) were the hands of the Jews according to Peter in Acts by Luke. James the brother of Jesus died from stoning by Jews themselves. Crucifixion obviously isn't a Jewish method of execution. Yes, Gentiles were involved in the murder of the Christ.

Do you think that if you say that the Jews killed Yeshua and Yaakov - Jewish brothers from the tribe of Judah, a fact recorded by the gospel writers Mattiyahu and Yohanan, and concerning the latter recorded by the historian Yosef ben Matityahu, you might sound antisemitic? Is the left that brainwashy?

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Is it "Anti-American" for an American to kill a fellow American?

Or, to say "an American killed an American"?

It is anti-human and anti-god to murder anyone. ''Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.'' - Gen. 9:6

With regard to your sophism concerning the trial of Jesus, it is equal to saying that Hitler did not murder 6 millions Jews, because he didn't kill them literally with his own hands.

petosiris

Banned
Just tell the truth--Judean Pharisees asked the Romans to kill a Judean they believed threatened their authority. It wasn't ALL Judeans.

It is a collective sin that was shared by the nation so that Jerusalem with the Temple was destroyed in 40 days as Jonah prophesied, yes individually some share a greater guilt, for example Caiaphas, Judas and the crowd that shouted for crucifixion compared to Mary the mother of Jesus, Joseph of Arimathea and the disciples of Jesus.

We know from the book of Acts that many Pharisees later joined the sect of the Nazarenes seeing the mighty works done by the apostles and being convinced by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The blinding of their unrepentant successors will only last until the last 3 1/2 years of this age after the Temple has been rebuilt, when they would be disappointed in their coming blaspheming Christ, and this is coming very soon, as they have returned to Jerusalem, blessed be the name of the Lord.

Last edited:

david starling

It is anti-human and anti-god to murder anyone. ''Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.'' - Gen. 9:6

With regard to your sophism concerning the trial of Jesus, it is equal to saying that Hitler did not murder 6 millions Jews, because he didn't kill them literally with his own hands.

The Pharisees, who numbered about 1% of the population of Jerusalem, persuaded the Romans to do the dirty work.

Did ALL Germans participate in the Holocaust?

petosiris

Banned
Did ALL Jews suffer in 70 AD?

ALL, but not to the same extent. Actually according to some late church fathers tradition, the Jewish Believers were miraculously warned to flee to Pella, who then sojourned in different parts of Syria, whose communities are recorded by many of them. Read Nehemiah 9. Collective sin is rooted in the Hebrew Scriptures.

petosiris

Banned
The losing side in a war usually suffers. Although many German scientists and businessmen did quite well for themselves.

God is in control of world history, so of course he wouldn't allow the destruction of the Jews. He may discipline them harshly, but they are his people, and the promises are theirs. - Romans 9:4. I hope that their God would not separate me from his people in Is. 56.

david starling

God is in control of world history, so of course he wouldn't allow the destruction of the Jews. He may discipline them harshly, but they are his people, and the promises are theirs. - Romans 9:4. I hope that their God would not separate me from his people in Is. 56.

He spared the Germans as well.

petosiris

Banned
Did ALL Christians burn women at the stake after accusing them of being servants of the devil?

I don't know, some might have been real witches.

But I do repent for the Crusades and the Christian antisemitism of Luther and Calvin done in the name of Jesus Christ, even though I was never a Catholic or Lutheran or Calvinist. And I also repent for the Trinity and idols, even though I currently don't confess them, I repent for every sin by any Christian that defames the holy and perfect character of God, for because of us his name is blasphemed among the Gentiles. I think we should all try to be better - Matthew 5:48, a holy people of the Holy One.

petosiris

Banned
He spared the Germans as well.

He was quite merciful to them, but they also did much to remove antisemitism, most of them realizing their mistake. But he made most use of the situation to hasten the end days with the formation of Israel, bringing good out of evil and triumphing over the abominable Nazism. Who was to be destroyed is now being restored.

david starling

I don't know, some might have been real witches.

But I do repent for the Crusades and the Christian antisemitism of Luther and Calvin done in the name of Jesus Christ, even though I was never a Catholic or Lutheran or Calvinist. And I also repent for the Trinity and idols, even though I currently don't confess them, I repent for every sin by any Christian that defames the holy and perfect character of God, for because of us his name is blasphemed among the Gentiles. I think we should all try to be better - Matthew 5:48, a holy people of the Holy One.

Is it okay to burn "real witches" according to the Bible? :unsure: