Odd jaw issue

Zonark

Hi! A non-astrological insert. I am just wondering whether you still have your wisdom teeth? For years I had incredible pain in my jaw whenever I had to open my mouth (a blessing to many who know me j/k), wide, like as if to bite a sandwich or yawn. Then, also pain closing it back again. It was so irritating!!!! Then, my dentist suggested I have my wisdom teeth taken out and after I did, four years ago, I have never had the pain again, not even for a second. I know from my operation (I was put to sleep for the procedure) that wisdom teeth can be pretty tight to the nerves, which can affect any manoeuvre, or pain, that you experience. Maybe yours are too tight?

I was born without wisdom teeth, along with a cornucopia of other wonderful genetic quirks. It's not a variable, unfortunately. If it were the solution would probably be related.

Zonark

Zonark: You are right to shrug off those surgical options. Surgery is supposed to be considered a last resort when all else fails. Some doctors just don't care, though. I would love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I know better. There are some doctors who have gotten angry because another doctor solved a simple problem much more simply and so the patient didn't need nor want the surgery that was encouraged. It is truly ridiculous how callous and selfish many doctors can be, yet the general public trusts anybody in a white coat (because they have no other choice but educating themselves). Life would be so much easier if karma were instantaneous.

Mandy is thinking along the right lines. Nerve pressure makes much more sense for this kind of affliction than anything else. If there isn't a dental problem, then my next thoughts would be nerves and muscles. There may still be a simpler explanation, though. The symptoms you describe match very well for excessive tension (which manifests first in the face, jaw, and neck). It just usually doesn't last for five years. Perhaps it might be a fruitful exercise to think back about the time that this started and note any changes in your personality. Is there anything around that point in your life that could cause you to emotionally "lock up" for a long period of time? For the symptoms to last so long, it should be a change that you internalised and accepted as part of yourself since that point.

Believe me, I am not keen on going under the knife especially after hearing all these wildly different and equally ludicrous approaches from various surgeons. However the last guy I saw only suggested cleaning out scar tissue and ossified bone and only after he saw an MRI of the joint. He said non-surgical intervention would probably not work at all and his approach is honestly the most reasonable one I've heard yet.

And like I said, wisdom teeth are a nonexistent variable.

I certainly did emotionally lock up around that time due to pressures from various influences. Emotional strife tends to manifest as muscular tightness and nervous system issues for me. I definitely constructed almost a suit of armored tension for myself after feeling overwhelmed by everything. It helped immensely at the time and all the emotional missiles flung at me just bounced off afterward. Made me an unflinching martial artist too :ninja:. Ultimately all that tension has become very damaging though and since I've internalized it to such a high degree it's become near impossible to just let go.

Zonark

@Zonark

In April 2011, I had a brief bout of teeth clenching following a stressful moment, but these days, I only have remnants of that habit (sometimes when I sleep with the wrong pillow or PMS). So I don't think this problem would last forever, I think it can fade away.

In my case, the trigger was a Mars Square Saturn transit I think.

In your case, I'm not sure what exactly may have contributed to your TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) problem. Perhaps it's Mars Square Pluto or Moon opposite Saturn or Saturn opposite Chiron in your natal chart.

What you have sounds like a really bad case of TMJ, it's like the pain between the neck, the jaw and the ear are linked.

Since this problem began 5 years ago, this bad habit has become deep-seated in your subconscious. What transits were you going through 5 years ago?

My recommendation is to try self-hypnosis with audio recordings. It has helped me so I hope it can help you as well. The reason why I mention self-hypnosis is because it has an impact on the subconscious. It is very hard to get rid of bad subconscious habits without hypnosis, even with conscious intentions.

I wasn't too thrilled when I heard that teeth clenching was "permanent", the feedback about mouthguards wasn't very reassuring, and the stories about deep dental problems resulting from teeth clenching or grinding were pretty scary. So I wanted to do things differently...

Mandy has mentioned wisdom teeth, which is an interesting point. Perhaps if you got rid of your wisdom teeth you would be able to move your jaw more easily?

In 2007, I got rid of my wisdom teeth following an x-ray scan indicating that one of my wisdom teeth was moving horizontally and thus my four wisdom teeth had to be removed immediately. Luckily, I had general anesthesia throughout the entire operation, so I didn't feel a thing. It took a few days to get used to eating solids again, but it was fine.

Yes I know it's a temporomandibular joint problem. It is a complication caused by both blunt trauma, stress and crystallized emotions. I've stopped calling it a TMJ or TMD issue because insurance companies don't cover treatment for them due to the 'low success rate' :annoyed:
Instead I've started classifying it as an acute open bite that way billing doesn't become an arm wrestle.

I am just now getting into understanding progressions and transits, I don't know what transits I was going through 5 years ago.

I do think hypnosis will be helpful and I've been considering using it. Again to clarify, I don't have wisdom teeth, never did.

Zonark

Yes I would get rid of all those asteroids and fixed stars, I dont use them....
I see you have Saturn of the bone structure in the 1st and Neptune close to the ascendant. I have to say that I think it was caused during your birth and the doctor may have been heavy handed in some way.. .Only surmising..... and the weakness has come to the fore recently maybe due to extra stress.

I dont see how anyone here can give medical advice and really shouldnt.
But I will look further into the chart and get back to you.
If you can post just the planets on the chart... and with the transits for the time you mentioned...

My mother says I had a difficult birth, took many hours and I don't think there was a doctor present until much later, wanted to do a Cesarean but my mother argued with him about that. Also I was encased in a double amniotic sac :pinched:

I've always had a somewhat misaligned skeletal structure and the craniosacral therapist I went to pointed out that this was likely due to birth complications. Always had dull aches and pains throughout my bones even as a kid. Still limp around on days I'm not feeling so great.

Medical astrology has been a long standing part of the overall practice, I'm more than willing to lend an ear to what those with the expertise have to say but I do have common sense :wink:

Zonark

We only take notice of transits that have a natal echo remember.
I think you are going down the wrong path with Jupiter.....it doesnt deal with the jaw or the bones..... It is his Saturn in the 1st that is the issue as well as other aspects....What you write doesnt make any sense to me, sorry... But we do have the medical disclaimer thankfully.

Claire, thank you for clairifying. Silverfish, I do appreciate your input regardless.

I've posted a chart unburdened by asteroids further up, I apologize for the multiple posts but I hope it makes for easier reading.

Yuusha

@Zonark

Thanks for clarifying that you do not have wisdom teeth.

Ugh, well TMJ has a low success rate simply because conventional medicine does not really work with something like TMJ. Like I said, without hypnosis (and without any treatment that deals with the subconscious in general), it would be very hard to work on the stress that created terrible subconscious habits no one would intentionally inflict on the teeth. Plus, it's a great way of relearning how to properly position your jaw (and thus getting rid of malocclusion) and relaxing your muscles.

Hypnosis is the best thing for any affliction that is stuck in the subconscious. And I'm someone with a very scientific bent who tries to make sure that something works.

There are some areas where conventional medicine helps (such as emergency treatment of Lyme disease with antibiotics if the first symptoms are caught early enough), but in other areas (such as TMJ treatment) it's an epic fail, and I think something more holistic is needed.

I guess money and the dogma of "drugs and surgery" trump "first do no harm"...A parody of medicine is sorely needed, in a way that the French playwright Moliere made fun of doctors and their use of bloodletting as the first line of treatment in the 1600s...

A combination of conventional treatment and holistic remedies as well as a more genuine adherence to "first do no harm" (picking the least invasive and most effective treatments first) is needed.

Sorry to hear you had such difficult circumstances regarding your birth. The skeletal problems you're describing sound very Saturnian and Capricornian to me.

Zonark

@Zonark

Thanks for clarifying that you do not have wisdom teeth.

Ugh, well TMJ has a low success rate simply because conventional medicine does not really work with something like TMJ. Like I said, without hypnosis (and without any treatment that deals with the subconscious in general), it would be very hard to work on the stress that created terrible subconscious habits no one would intentionally inflict on the teeth. Plus, it's a great way of relearning how to properly position your jaw (and thus getting rid of malocclusion) and relaxing your muscles.

Hypnosis is the best thing for any affliction that is stuck in the subconscious. And I'm someone with a very scientific bent who tries to make sure that something works.

There are some areas where conventional medicine helps (such as emergency treatment of Lyme disease with antibiotics if the first symptoms are caught early enough), but in other areas (such as TMJ treatment) it's an epic fail, and I think something more holistic is needed.

I guess money and the dogma of "drugs and surgery" trump "first do no harm"...A parody of medicine is sorely needed, in a way that the French playwright Moliere made fun of doctors and their use of bloodletting as the first line of treatment in the 1600s...

A combination of conventional treatment and holistic remedies as well as a more genuine adherence to "first do no harm" (picking the least invasive and most effective treatments first) is needed.

Sorry to hear you had such difficult circumstances regarding your birth. The skeletal problems you're describing sound very Saturnian and Capricornian to me.

I'm definitely more interested in hypnosis now, I've never tried it. I know, much of modern medicine has become a nonsensical money market but holisticism has been more than happy to dance to that tune as well so I've been wary of both.

Are there particular hypnosis techniques that would be more effective or is it a relatively generalized practice?

You wanted a name of a brilliant acupuncturist.

http://www.eyebright.me.uk/?page=2

Julian Scott has thirty years' experience of being an acupuncturist, and is based in Bath, UK.

Julian Scott

J-64.jpg
I have been practising Chinese medicine for more than 30 years now, and as the years go on, I find it more and more interesting. I feel very privileged to be a member of the great tradition which spans so many centuries, and which is of so much benefit.
I finished my first training in acupuncture with Dr. van Buren, at the International College of Oriental Medicine in 1976, and went on to study in China in 1982-3. I was lucky to work in an extraordinary hospital with a very special teacher...
Jiang3-2.jpg

[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuusha

@Zonark

Oh yes, there are charlatans in alternative medicine too, I had a class entirely dedicated to that. I'm not enthusiastic of the smuggling and overharvesting of geckos in the hopes of "curing" AIDS.

I agree, I do look at conventional and alternative medicine with a grain of salt.

Concerning hypnosis, I've never been to a clinic in person, but I have used audio tracks, and they have helped. Usually, there is a relaxation sequence followed by a series of commands your subconscious will follow.

Zonark

Re: You wanted a name of a brilliant acupuncturist.

Thank you silverfish, I do live in the US though.

I've considered going to school for TCM in the past.

@Zonark

Oh yes, there are charlatans in alternative medicine too, I had a class entirely dedicated to that. I'm not enthusiastic of the smuggling and overharvesting of geckos in the hopes of "curing" AIDS.

I agree, I do look at conventional and alternative medicine with a grain of salt.

Concerning hypnosis, I've never been to a clinic in person, but I have used audio tracks, and they have helped.

Hmm, audio tracks I have tried before but I never considered it to be hypnosis 'proper'. They never worked besides, possibly due to being mostly deaf in one ear and not getting the full effect. A visual means of hypnosis would likely work best I think.

Yuusha

@Zonark

I see, so maybe an in-person consultation with a licensed clinical hypnotherapist could help and perhaps he or she could tailor his or her treatment for you. If you have hearing problems, I'm not sure how you can follow a hypnotherapist's verbal commands to relax your body and mind before the hypnotherapist can command your subconscious to integrate good habits.

In any case, you must stop your jaw problems while you can because I have heard that jaw problems can lead to hearing loss due to the jaw joints being close to the ear. Resolving your jaw problems will at least help prevent your hearing problems from getting worse.

Other than hypnotherapy, I'm not sure what else can help your subconscious.

I majored in geology in college, but I also was in a special program where the main goal was to study the nature of science and the science of nature. The scientific method was an important component in my studies, but the examples of pseudoscience used to make a point usually involved New Age stuff and alternative medicine, notably homeopathy. Unfortunately, the class was much less concerned about corporate pseudoscience, which is a bigger challenge to science in my opinion. Corporate pseudoscience is something I discover over and over again in my current job, where I provide impartial information on environmental issues.

However, during my adolescence, I did develop skepticism of conventional medicine for different reasons, I'm not quite sure how, but in French school (yes, French schools exist in the United States), Moliere's plays and science classes where GMOs were looked upon with skepticism could explain that. And then let's not forget the side effects mentioned in all those drug ads, and even if I'm skeptical of Kevin Trudeau, he did have a point about conventional medicine focusing mainly on drugs and surgery.

Last edited:

Mandy

I'm definitely more interested in hypnosis now, I've never tried it. I know, much of modern medicine has become a nonsensical money market but holisticism has been more than happy to dance to that tune as well so I've been wary of both. Heh, Love this!

Are there particular hypnosis techniques that would be more effective or is it a relatively generalized practice?

I think hypnosis is a great tool. I've had it done quite a few times by people considered to the be among best in the UK, and my experience has been that it helped enormously at the time, but not a significant amount in the long term. However, I have the relaxation CD [which I don't use] of the woman I used to go to, and this CD is GREAT (GREAT). I'd be more than happy to send to you an mp3 of it and you could try to listen to it nightly or something.

It was through Reiki with a tiny bit of health kinesiology (for guidance), with this other woman, that I noticed the biggest changes from since though (I had the Reiki in 2005?). Whatever this woman did, whatever she combined it with, moved mountains for me. She would ask me to show her where on my body I was feeling the scar of what happened in my past, and I remember it being heavy on my solar plexus. She would put her hands there, and her stomach would start to make this continuously repetitive, loud-ish turning noise. it wasss mad. She would always finish with doing my head also. I only needed like a max. of five sessions with her, and I remember that my thing was either 'shifting' around the body or because she was healing one thing, another, less severe, would come to light, so I'd feel the tension somewhere else and she'd jump on that too. I've relatively recently recommended her to my friend whose son was self-harming and appears to have benefited from the treatment.

Even though she's nowhere near you, here is her website. You might want to have a read through what I haven't explained and consider Reiki therapy as an option, or look further into it, http://www.alexandriahealing.co.uk/reiki_attunement_courses/practner.html. Perhaps you could email her to ask whether she feels Reiki can help with your concerns. Also, another powerful thing you can do to help yourself Zonie, in eliminating effects of past trauma, is energy tapping. Have you heard of that? Tis hugely effective http://www.energytapping.org/.

Last edited:

Mark

Zonark: So, you've spent years getting hit in the face while tense. I'm sure it was quite cathartic, but maybe not the best idea. The good news is that if massage causes improvement, then it is likely that hypnosis and meditation can also cause improvement. If I were in your shoes, those three things would be my focus as a first course of treatment. It seems to me, in my only partially educated opinion, that the problem started as emotional tension which was then habituated and later exacerbated by injury. Massage reduces tension and promotes good circulation in the body. Hypnosis and meditation can aid in forming new habits that rewrite the old habits. It has been my experience that when a problem begins psychologically, a medical doctor can only make it worse. This is because they think of the body as a biochemical machine and ignore the mind entirely. The body follows the mind. When the mind gets tense, the body gets tense, and it all snowballs from there.

P.S. I would also recommend lots of time spent alone outdoors, if and when possible. It's amazing how easy life is when it's just you and the trees.

P.P.S. I am trained much better psychologically than medically. :whistling:

Mandy

I just want to add clarification, to my post, that if massage works then I think that, due to the emotional base of the probable cause, you could stand to benefit more from any type of therapy which you choose, whether massage or hypnotherapy (talking, walking etc.), after you have energy-tapped. It works with the body's meridians and aims to unlock blockages caused by unwanted/unsuitable thoughts/emotions, making you more open and neutral (as opposed to resistant) to anything (-any therapy) that comes after. You can do it yourself just as effectively as with the help of a practitioner (which is a bonus for many reasons). I have reasons for saying all this which are too numerous for me to list right now. I do not discount anybody's opinions, but to be politely clear about my own, it is my recommendation and encouragement that you make this your first stop. It also runs under the name TFT (Thought-Field-Therapy) and EFT (Emotional-Freedom-Techniques), if you want to research. Good luck :kissing:

Zonark

@Zonark

I see, so maybe an in-person consultation with a licensed clinical hypnotherapist could help and perhaps he or she could tailor his or her treatment for you. If you have hearing problems, I'm not sure how you can follow a hypnotherapist's verbal commands to relax your body and mind before the hypnotherapist can command your subconscious to integrate good habits.

In any case, you must stop your jaw problems while you can because I have heard that jaw problems can lead to hearing loss due to the jaw joints being close to the ear. Resolving your jaw problems will at least help prevent your hearing problems from getting worse.

Other than hypnotherapy, I'm not sure what else can help your subconscious.

I majored in geology in college, but I also was in a special program where the main goal was to study the nature of science and the science of nature. The scientific method was an important component in my studies, but the examples of pseudoscience used to make a point usually involved New Age stuff and alternative medicine, notably homeopathy. Unfortunately, the class was much less concerned about corporate pseudoscience, which is a bigger challenge to science in my opinion. Corporate pseudoscience is something I discover over and over again in my current job, where I provide impartial information on environmental issues.

However, during my adolescence, I did develop skepticism of conventional medicine for different reasons, I'm not quite sure how, but in French school (yes, French schools exist in the United States), Moliere's plays and science classes where GMOs were looked upon with skepticism could explain that. And then let's not forget the side effects mentioned in all those drug ads, and even if I'm skeptical of Kevin Trudeau, he did have a point about conventional medicine focusing mainly on drugs and surgery.

Yes that sounds like a good idea, I'm sure they could come up with a way to make a more effective treatment.

That's a very salient point regarding corporate pseudoscience. It is a massive problem in industry and it remains almost completely unaddressed by academia. Perhaps someone needs to create a course that addresses it :wink:

I think the root of the problem lies in the enshrinement of the dollar in the U.S. which has not been accidental when we consider what, or rather who controls the dollar. Corporate pseudoscience is a seemingly unintentional side effect of this, however it has served the interests that seek to weaponize the currency of the U.S. against the general population. Corporations develop an aspect of being 'untouchable' in their claims precisely due to being in service to the $ which remains controlled by a private, elite group that hasn't even suffered through a single proper audit.

Zonark

I think hypnosis is a great tool. I've had it done quite a few times by people considered to the be among best in the UK, and my experience has been that it helped enormously at the time, but not a significant amount in the long term. However, I have the relaxation CD [which I don't use] of the woman I used to go to, and this CD is GREAT (GREAT). I'd be more than happy to send to you an mp3 of it and you could try to listen to it nightly or something.

It was through Reiki with a tiny bit of health kinesiology (for guidance), with this other woman, that I noticed the biggest changes from since though (I had the Reiki in 2005?). Whatever this woman did, whatever she combined it with, moved mountains for me. She would ask me to show her where on my body I was feeling the scar of what happened in my past, and I remember it being heavy on my solar plexus. She would put her hands there, and her stomach would start to make this continuously repetitive, loud-ish turning noise. it wasss mad. She would always finish with doing my head also. I only needed like a max. of five sessions with her, and I remember that my thing was either 'shifting' around the body or because she was healing one thing, another, less severe, would come to light, so I'd feel the tension somewhere else and she'd jump on that too. I've relatively recently recommended her to my friend whose son was self-harming and appears to have benefited from the treatment.

Even though she's nowhere near you, here is her website. You might want to have a read through what I haven't explained and consider Reiki therapy as an option, or look further into it, http://www.alexandriahealing.co.uk/reiki_attunement_courses/practner.html. Perhaps you could email her to ask whether she feels Reiki can help with your concerns. Also, another powerful thing you can do to help yourself Zonie, in eliminating effects of past trauma, is energy tapping. Have you heard of that? Tis hugely effective http://www.energytapping.org/.

Thank you Mandy, I have looked into energy healing, even took a course in it but I am not very keen on it being taught and charging money for it like a business model. It doesn't seem right to charge for that, unless the person has definite healing power. I guess I've just had a lot of less than positive experiences with energy healing.

I'd love a copy of the mp3, it sounds really good.

I did receive Reiki from someone once before, she definitely had the energy in her, just put a hand on my shoulder and I felt this amazing wash of warm and cool energies that made me feel better for about a week. That's a very interesting experience you had, my experiences with energy healers have been mixed but I'll look into that one. I'll ask her if she does distance healing.

I'm interested in energy tapping especially too, as it seems like something I could use on myself.

Thanks so much for sharing your ideas, Mandy :joyful:

Last edited:

Zonark

Zonark: So, you've spent years getting hit in the face while tense. I'm sure it was quite cathartic, but maybe not the best idea. The good news is that if massage causes improvement, then it is likely that hypnosis and meditation can also cause improvement. If I were in your shoes, those three things would be my focus as a first course of treatment. It seems to me, in my only partially educated opinion, that the problem started as emotional tension which was then habituated and later exacerbated by injury. Massage reduces tension and promotes good circulation in the body. Hypnosis and meditation can aid in forming new habits that rewrite the old habits. It has been my experience that when a problem begins psychologically, a medical doctor can only make it worse. This is because they think of the body as a biochemical machine and ignore the mind entirely. The body follows the mind. When the mind gets tense, the body gets tense, and it all snowballs from there.

P.S. I would also recommend lots of time spent alone outdoors, if and when possible. It's amazing how easy life is when it's just you and the trees.

P.P.S. I am trained much better psychologically than medically. :whistling:

Haha, I made plenty of less than smart decisions when I was younger unfortunately. Fighting was incredibly cathartic though and I didn't get hit in the face too often unless I was sparring an Aries :devil:, usually too aggressive to give my opponent much of an opening. It's that Sun square Mars opposite Pluto. I really enjoyed martial arts and I'd love to get back into it but it probably wouldn't be good to until I've learned to relax a lot more. Not worth the potential damage. Maybe something with less strikes like Judo or Aikido.

I do think that the key to solving this is deep relaxation. Yoga as well, has helped me immensely. After I got out of martial arts yoga did appeal to me but I've only recently started doing it more often. It has done wonders for my state of mind and I find it easier to keep toned just doing stretches than the 200 frenzied pushups in 2 minutes my sensei would demand. That was one part of my training I did not enjoy at all, the frenzied fast paced exercise made me feel sick most of the time.

I had a psychic medium insist to me that I practice yoga rigorously and spend as much time as possible outside walking through the forest. Have tried to do both and they're both very helpful. On the whole I do need to spend more time in nature. I usually do yoga outside when it is warm but right now it's about 6 degrees Fahrenheit and I haven't quite mastered that whole breath of fire technique yet :whistling:

Zonark

I just want to add clarification, to my post, that if massage works then I think that, due to the emotional base of the probable cause, you could stand to benefit more from any type of therapy which you choose, whether massage or hypnotherapy (talking, walking etc.), after you have energy-tapped. It works with the body's meridians and aims to unlock blockages caused by unwanted/unsuitable thoughts/emotions, making you more open and neutral (as opposed to resistant) to anything (-any therapy) that comes after. You can do it yourself just as effectively as with the help of a practitioner (which is a bonus for many reasons). I have reasons for saying all this which are too numerous for me to list right now. I do not discount anybody's opinions, but to be politely clear about my own, it is my recommendation and encouragement that you make this your first stop. It also runs under the name TFT (Thought-Field-Therapy) and EFT (Emotional-Freedom-Techniques), if you want to research. Good luck :kissing:

Hmm, the EFT and TFT techniques sound a lot like TIME NLP techniques. I've tried a few of those and they are quite helpful. Definitely more interested in energy-tapping now. I suppose I'd need someone else to do it for me though :annoyed: