Eating disorder in my chart

Cary2

Banned
Based on some research, I think it is a midpoint picture in your chart. A midpoint picture acts much like a configuration, and it contains three or more factors.

Sun is opposite the midpoint of the Saturn/Neptune square. For those who use midpoints, the orb may seem a little wide, but we allow a wider orb for midpoints between planets in aspect, and we allow a wider orb for the Sun. With those in combination, the orb is fine.

This is my guess since my research is new and recent.

There is more to the Sun/Saturn/Neptune picture. It suggests a difficult life. There is a tendency to suffering. There is a tendency to live in modes of self-denial. Some people with such a formation may not express it as an eating disorder. For instance, in some charts, it might simply mean an ascetic lifestyle. It is introspective suffering.

I think you are probably creative with poetry or other writing.

Last edited:

Harmelia

I've been struggling with bulimia since I was a child, but apparently, I don't have any placement that indicates that besides my Venus in Leo and Moon Square Pluto, but it doesn't feels right. Can anyone help me with a new insight?

https://i.imgur.com/O8OpRW1.png

https://i.imgur.com/BvCdnhh.png

Yeah, we really need to consider the whole chart for "signatures" of various personality traits or behaviors. Bulimia is a complex "thing". People can have different motivations or emotional pressures that play into it.

I always consider the past life themes, as it seems to me that any chronic behavior that begins in childhood is going to be something carried forward from the past life. Your past life symbol - South Node is at 1 degree Pisces, 7th house - in exact opposition to North Node in Virgo, 1st house. South Node is conjunct Moon in Aquarius too, while Sun is in wide conjunction with North Node - just a little over 10 degrees. You were born at gibbous Moon - but almost Full Moon!

Many people with Pisces South Node feel a little bit lost - like they don't belong. Moon in Aquarius brings in the influence of not fitting in as well. Moon in Aquarius is not very feeling-oriented - it's very intellectually-oriented - focused on inner knowing. It can make a person independent. And these two symbols are in the house of relationships. So, you may feel like you can't connect with others as you would like.

This is most likely why you have Leo rising - because it is very relational. It wants to be seen, heard, recognized and applauded. It seeks affirmation from others. Leo wants to fit in. Your Sun is the ruler of your chart - and in Virgo - so there is a need to analyze your self-identity - and to think about the details. It can also mean you are very focused on health. Virgo is a lot of things. If you do negative Virgo - you could be self-doubting, self-criticizing, self-deprecating - you could feel timid or shy. You could want to look good so that you fit in and are recognized as being healthy.

Virgo is intercepted in the first house - so your plaents and NN there are an internalized process. It's something you need to accomplish internally. Virgo is also rules the intestines - which processes food that nourishes you. So, you might be looking at why you aren't allowing yourself to be nourished by the food you eat. Virgo can be anxious or worried - about your appearance or likability.

With Venus, Mercury, Sun and North Node all in the 1st house and some of them close to the ASC - you are very concerned with your appearance and outward presentation. That's the meaning of the ASC and first house. Virgo is a Co-ASC as it covers much of your first house. The first house rules the body too. So, there is a lot of energy and focus on appearance here and with the need to want to fit in and be accepted - bulimia can be at least partially explained.

Pluto in Sag on the IC can say that you need to lower impossible high standards for yourself. Sag can have very high standards. You can think in terms of right/wrong, good/bad, either/or - which can limit you - because you only see the extremes as possible actions with nothing in between. So, you might think that it is important to be thin to an extreme, when in reality, it isn't all that important in order to be loved, liked or accepted. I would say that of all the signs, Sag and Virgo have the highest, perfectionist standards, and these can cause all kinds of problems for people - because no one can live up to them - not ourselves or others.

Mars is in the 12th house to help you let go of parts of your self-identity that no longer serve you - that's 12th house - a letting go place. Satrun in Taurus on the 9th house cusp can help you focus on learning new things - and adopting new ideas and assimilate them. You need to re-think, evaluate and understand why you do it, and then, why it isn't necessary. You have support in the chart for healing this. I think you can grow out of it.

waybread

In medical astrology the 4th house rules the stomach.

Pluto sitting there right on your IC is one indicator. Pluto rules things that are under the surface but that come out in an eruptive way. (Volcanoes and vomiting are two examples.)

Pluto squares your sun, which I think is a really hard aspect. Sun-Virgo people can be worry-warts to begin with, and the Pluto square contributes a lot of inner tension. You've got a couple of T-square in your chart, which aren't helping in the Stress Department.

But you've also got some planetary assets: sun-Mercury in mutual reception (intelligence,) domiciled Uranus, domiciled Jupiter. With Jupiter sextile Neptune pointing to Venus-Mercury as the tip of a "yod" formation, I think you have artistic talent, probably in one of the performing arts. Creative visualization and having a creative outlet (like playing a musical instrument) to release tensions should help. If performing in front of others would increase your anxiety, just do this for yourself-- your "me" time.

Would you please post your Astrodienst chart again showing Ceres? It's in the lower left corner of that Astrodienst chart construction page, in a scroll down menu.

Ceres is a dwarf planet (formerly classified as an asteroid) that may be relevant to eating disorders when in a hard aspect.. (Ceres-Saturn for anorexia, Ceres-Pluto for bulimia.)

Your second chart doesn't show Ceres' degree, but it sure looks like it opposes Pluto. Kind of a "bingo!" moment for PLuto-Ceres.

I hope you are in medical care for your condition.

Last edited:
Based on some research, I think it is a midpoint picture in your chart. A midpoint picture acts much like a configuration, and it contains three or more factors.

Sun is opposite the midpoint of the Saturn/Neptune square. For those who use midpoints, the orb may seem a little wide, but we allow a wider orb for midpoints between planets in aspect, and we allow a wider orb for the Sun. With those in combination, the orb is fine.

This is my guess since my research is new and recent.

There is more to the Sun/Saturn/Neptune picture. It suggests a difficult life. There is a tendency to suffering. There is a tendency to live in modes of self-denial. Some people with such a formation may not express it as an eating disorder. For instance, in some charts, it might simply mean an ascetic lifestyle. It is introspective suffering.

I think you are probably creative with poetry or other writing.

Thank you for the reply. I never thought about analyzing the midpoints in my chart. I'll look up to it.

I usually deal with my emotions with avoidance and self-denial, but I'm trying to get over it.

Thank you so much for analyzing my chart

Pluto sitting there right on your IC is one indicator. Pluto rules things that are under the surface but that come out in an eruptive way. (Volcanoes and vomiting are two examples.)

Pluto squares your sun, which I think is a really hard aspect. Sun-Virgo people can be worry-warts to begin with, and the Pluto square contributes a lot of inner tension. You've got a couple of T-square in your chart, which aren't helping in the Stress Department.

But you've also got some planetary assets: sun-Mercury in mutual reception (intelligence,) domiciled Uranus, domiciled Jupiter. With Jupiter sextile Neptune pointing to Venus-Mercury as the tip of a "yod" formation, I think you have artistic talent, probably in one of the performing arts. Creative visualization and having a creative outlet (like playing a musical instrument) to release tensions should help. If performing in front of others would increase your anxiety, just do this for yourself-- your "me" time.

Would you please post your Astrodienst chart again showing Ceres? It's in the lower left corner of that Astrodienst chart construction page, in a scroll down menu.

Ceres is a dwarf planet (formerly classified as an asteroid) that may be relevant to eating disorders when in a hard aspect.. (Ceres-Saturn for anorexia, Ceres-Pluto for bulimia.)

Your second chart doesn't show Ceres' degree, but it sure looks like it opposes Pluto. Kind of a "bingo!" moment for PLuto-Ceres.

I hope you are in medical care for your condition.

You're right about me having artistic talent. I'm majoring in dance and art at college and I want to be a teacher and choreographer.

This my chart with ceres:

https://i.imgur.com/koa5XtS.png

And yes, I'm trying recovery again. That's why I'm so interested in working in some hidden causes that might have triggered it.

Thank you so much for your time ❤

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Thanks, Zora.

zbluefairytale, another chart factor that occurs to be is that combination of Leo rising with your first house sun in Virgo.

"Looking good" is a Leo preoccupation. (Although with Leo rising, you probably have a smile that lights up the room.)

But Virgo is the perfectionist. "Good enough" is seldom good enough. Put these two together and you could easily have an imbalance with your body image. I recall one chart of a woman with this combination who was really stressed by simply getting dressed in the morning.

Dancers particularly are under a lot of pressure to be extremely thin.

From what I've read, even kids without a dysfunctional relationship with Mom can develop eating disorders if other kids or adults criticize them for their weight or appearance.

One other thing you might do, is cast a bi-wheel chart for the date when you first developed this eating disorder-- if you can recall it. Put your natal chart on the inside with that date on the outside. And let us know if anything in particular triggered your bulimia.

It's really good that you are getting professional help for this. You don't have to solve it alone.

Best wishes, W.

Frisiangal

:surprised: :confused: ???

Doesn't Western astrology teach that signs rule the physical area and planets the physical function of a specific part? !st, 6th, and (in training I had) 9th houses are associated with dis-orders and dis-ease that can become physical of nature.

Are you introducing vedic astrology into your interpretation of a disorder?
In which case, wouldn't the whole chart have to be interpreted through that system?

My nitty-gritty Virgo side has such difficulty when trying to separate apples and pears when said to reflect the same type of fruit. :smile:.

Pluto squares your sun, which I think is a really hard aspect. Sun-Virgo people can be worry-warts to begin with, and the Pluto square contributes a lot of inner tension

When aspecting the personal planets, isn't Pluto strongly associated with the (often repressed and unconscious) intimidating, manipulative and intensity of (possessed) compulsions that can take control over whatever planetary trait it touches? If and when the trait within the person is consciously aware of its power, wouldn't they use it to their own ends? Sun-Pluto surely represents the obsessional power of, or over, personal will, rather than merely inner tension.
The astrology through which I learnt taught that there wojuld be a difference
in expression between Sun ahead or behind of Pluto's degree. I've come to use the term 'get over .... whatever' when a planet in harsh aspect is on a higher degree than the planet to which it is applying or separating.

I would tend to think that OP is perfectly aware (Sun) of why (Pluto) she is bulimic, even if there is an instinctive controlling behaviour influence from the out-of-sign Moon pulling at her, from which she would desire to be free (Aquarius?)

................ it sure looks like it opposes Pluto. Kind of a "bingo!" moment for PLuto-Ceres.

When I read OP's replies ....to be a dancer and choreographer ... the 'fat' bulima didn't register. This brought the finger in the throat to regurgitate (rather than vomit) eaten food to stay slim to mind.

In European astrology Anorexia is said to be strongly associated with Neptune ....the withering away of one's self for reasons known only to the person. Moon-Neptune often indicate 'mother issues', yet such an aspect does not appear in OP's chart.
There IS a Saturn in Taurus (throat area) square Neptune and inconjunct Pluto. Saturn represents the hard (Earth sign) physical discipline that is instilled in a dancer to achieve one's ambition. If that includes regurgitating one's food to suceed (Sun trine Saturn ...not shown on chart), so be it.

If Ceres can be proven to be relevant in cases of bulimia, can you offer a reason of its symbolic meaning, other than it being where it is in the chart? [ Yet I do the same regarding BML aspects.:wink:]. Can Ceres truly represent the mother allowing the child into Hades (Pluto ... private hell ?)) for the satisfaction (Virgo) in easing her own will? I am aware of Ceres association with Virgo and its 'harvesting of the grain' (food). Yet I associate 'reaping what you sow' more with Saturn than Ceres.

No offence meant. Just expressing an alternative perspective. :smile:

waybread

Frisiangal, thanks for your feedback.

I don't have your medical astrology background, but just go by the old system of "the man of the signs," where Aries rules the head, Cancer the stomach, on down to Pisces and the feet. Then medical astrology is one of the few traditional systems where we can also go "by the numbers" for the houses.

I think I got that principle off an old Julia and Derek Parker introductory textbook on astrology.

No, I don't do Vedic astrology. I can't say how a Vedic astrologer would answer the question.

I don't dispute what you write about Pluto. Very well stated. But each planet, sign, and house has multiple interpretations consistent with its core meanings. Pluto is one of the rulers of vomiting.

We already know the querent suffers from bulimia. To me, Pluto in the 4th house is entirely consistent with her medical problem, especially with Pluto in hard aspect to her first house sun (identity.)

It's hard to "prove" anything in astrology. No astrological signature works 100%, probably because a horoscope has hundreds of data bytes.

But we do use "cookbook" signatures when learning astrology and delineating charts. What I did with Ceres in hard aspect to Pluto was a cookbook example. I wish I remember where I found it.

Diana, Princess of Wales suffered from both bulimia and anorexia, but with onsets in adulthood.

Natally her 4th house (stomach) is ruled by Mars, which conjuncts her natal Pluto.

She told an interviewer ca. 1990 that her bulimia started the week after her engagement to Prince Charles, which was on February 24, 1981. It's hard to put an exact date on it, but I tried March 1, 1981.

https://www.vogue.com/article/princess-diana-real-life-battle-with-bulimia

Natally Diana's Ceres-Pluto midpoint conjuncted her Cancer sun. On March 1, 1981, Ceres had recently transited over her natal sun and Pluto-Ceres midpoint; and Chiron had recently passed her natal Ceres. She was also just past a sun-Chiron double-whammy. Sometime during that week the transiting moon hit Diana's natal Saturn.

So I think there is a Pluto-Ceres connection with bulimia, although it isn't always so straightforward as a highly visible opposition.

Diana was known to have mother troubles. But I think it's a bit much to blame bulimia on Mum. In Diana's case, it was apparently trigged by Prince Charle's behavior: kidding her for being "chubby" and continuing to phone Camilla Parker-Bowles.

Incidentally, pears and apples are closely botanically related.

Yeah, we really need to consider the whole chart for "signatures" of various personality traits or behaviors. Bulimia is a complex "thing". People can have different motivations or emotional pressures that play into it.

I always consider the past life themes, as it seems to me that any chronic behavior that begins in childhood is going to be something carried forward from the past life. Your past life symbol - South Node is at 1 degree Pisces, 7th house - in exact opposition to North Node in Virgo, 1st house. South Node is conjunct Moon in Aquarius too, while Sun is in wide conjunction with North Node - just a little over 10 degrees. You were born at gibbous Moon - but almost Full Moon!

Many people with Pisces South Node feel a little bit lost - like they don't belong. Moon in Aquarius brings in the influence of not fitting in as well. Moon in Aquarius is not very feeling-oriented - it's very intellectually-oriented - focused on inner knowing. It can make a person independent. And these two symbols are in the house of relationships. So, you may feel like you can't connect with others as you would like.

This is most likely why you have Leo rising - because it is very relational. It wants to be seen, heard, recognized and applauded. It seeks affirmation from others. Leo wants to fit in. Your Sun is the ruler of your chart - and in Virgo - so there is a need to analyze your self-identity - and to think about the details. It can also mean you are very focused on health. Virgo is a lot of things. If you do negative Virgo - you could be self-doubting, self-criticizing, self-deprecating - you could feel timid or shy. You could want to look good so that you fit in and are recognized as being healthy.

Virgo is intercepted in the first house - so your plaents and NN there are an internalized process. It's something you need to accomplish internally. Virgo is also rules the intestines - which processes food that nourishes you. So, you might be looking at why you aren't allowing yourself to be nourished by the food you eat. Virgo can be anxious or worried - about your appearance or likability.

With Venus, Mercury, Sun and North Node all in the 1st house and some of them close to the ASC - you are very concerned with your appearance and outward presentation. That's the meaning of the ASC and first house. Virgo is a Co-ASC as it covers much of your first house. The first house rules the body too. So, there is a lot of energy and focus on appearance here and with the need to want to fit in and be accepted - bulimia can be at least partially explained.

Pluto in Sag on the IC can say that you need to lower impossible high standards for yourself. Sag can have very high standards. You can think in terms of right/wrong, good/bad, either/or - which can limit you - because you only see the extremes as possible actions with nothing in between. So, you might think that it is important to be thin to an extreme, when in reality, it isn't all that important in order to be loved, liked or accepted. I would say that of all the signs, Sag and Virgo have the highest, perfectionist standards, and these can cause all kinds of problems for people - because no one can live up to them - not ourselves or others.

Mars is in the 12th house to help you let go of parts of your self-identity that no longer serve you - that's 12th house - a letting go place. Satrun in Taurus on the 9th house cusp can help you focus on learning new things - and adopting new ideas and assimilate them. You need to re-think, evaluate and understand why you do it, and then, why it isn't necessary. You have support in the chart for healing this. I think you can grow out of it.

My astrologer pointed out that I might have some past life issues or generational trauma.

I really feel kinda disconnected from everyone else, even though I have tons of friends that I love dearly. I just feel too mundane and eccentric at the same time, so I don't really fit with regular people or with the weird people. It's like floating between those two worlds.

Thank you so much for your reply 🌼

Frisiangal

Frisiangal, thanks for your feedback.

You too, Waybread.

It's unfortunate that the Astrodatabank does not include Ceres in its archive charts, and more unfortunate that the website listing I had for 100 years of Ceres tables in my 'favourites' is no longer available :surprised::crying:. I would have liked to have checked (further) for correspondences.

Yet something else to put down on my 'Astro. symbolism - to do' list.:smile:

Frisiangal

I've been struggling with bulimia since I was a child, but apparently, I don't have any placement that indicates that besides my Venus in Leo and Moon Square Pluto, but it doesn't feels right. Can anyone help me with a new insight?

My astrologer pointed out that I might have some past life issues or generational trauma.

Was (s)he not able to offer an explanation for the reality of NOW that could help you, as per Harmelia's interpretations.

How would it help if you knew anything from a previous incarnation? It would be like looking at the back of a book for the answer to a NOW posed problem. Surely by knowing the answer beforehand, everything you further do would be acting as a consequence of that prior knowledge, and not working it out for yourself through your own development of spirit, mind, and feelings.:unsure:

Understanding Saturn's inference in the chart could prove worthwhile.:smile:

Frisiangal

You too, Waybread.

It's unfortunate that the Astrodatabank does not include Ceres in its archive charts, and more unfortunate that the website listing I had for 100 years of Ceres tables in my 'favourites' is no longer available :surprised::crying:. I would have liked to have checked (further) for correspondences.

Found another site produced by Astro.Com ! Always available. :biggrin::biggrin: