Mercury's retrograde

Nof

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask -
How does Mercury's retrograde affect people born during Mercury's retrograde?

When I was born Mercury was in retrograde.
And I also think he is very active on my natal chart.

My asc is Virgo.
My sun is Scorpio.
Mercury conj Pluto, in 3th house Scorpio.

Thank you very much 🤗

Nof

natal + transits + progressions 1.jpg

thanks

waybread

A lot of people are born with Mercury retrograde, including me. The best description I have come across is that one's mind turns inward, turning over disparate facts until we find the key that has them make sense. We are not linear, tunnel-vision thinkers, and are apt to go off on what other folks see as tangents.

Over time, and by progression, most people's Mercury retrogrades will turn direct.

Lykanized

Yeah, I think about 1/5 to 1/4 people have Mercury retrograde. I love discussing retrograde planets because I have 5 and I actually think they're quite advantageous if we know how to use them

But...to answer the question,..some people say that during a Mercury retrograde, us natal Mercury retrograde individuals will think in a more 'direct' manner, however I'm not so sure that makes sense. It's possible the retrograde just doesn't affect us and while everyone else is adjusting to the energy, we're kinda just coasting or are in our natural territory so may feel more at home :smile:
I do think the Mercury retrograde natal makes our minds more divergent, more tangential like waybread said, more given to abstraction and big picture orientation. Since it's turned inward, it doesn't always sit well with others, so perhaps during a Mercury retrograde that changes

I'm desirous to pay more attention next time Mercury goes retrograde which I know is very soon

dr. farr

Regarding the above post, remember that Vedic astrology considers rx planets to be especially powerful, and such planets are also mostly considered as benefic influences in their rx state; this outlook is diametrically opposite that of Western Greco/Roman and Traditional astrology.
My perspective on this issue?? I have not yet (after 50+ years) come to a "definite" conclusion, but I tend to lean toward the Vedic point of view regarding rx planets.

Lykanized

Regarding the above post, remember that Vedic astrology considers rx planets to be especially powerful, and such planets are also mostly considered as benefic influences in their rx state; this outlook is diametrically opposite that of Western Greco/Roman and Traditional astrology.
My perspective on this issue?? I have not yet (after 50+ years) come to a "definite" conclusion, but I tend to lean toward the Vedic point of view regarding rx planets.
I can't thank this post on mobile, but thank you for the reply 😙
Do you have any rx planets yourself?

My perspective is a culmination of things I've read and my own personal experience as a retrograde individual. Mercury rx is also my chart ruler as well as the ruler of 3 inner planets. The ideas that make most sense to me are that they are very subjective and individuated. I don't think they work backwards, but just in a more personal way. So maybe Merury rx seems to work backwards, but I think that arises from it being more 'big picture' oriented. So we may see the big picture and have to go through and fit the details into the big picrure we've already formed via impressions from our own personal, abstract 'knowledge base' whereas others with direct may take the details to form the big picture. Communication issues may arise from having thoughts that aren't exactly set for conventional terms. Maybe my perspective is muddled by my Mercury's aspects to Mars, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, tho, and the fact it's in Cancer. I do think rx possibly makes Merciry more symbol-laden, definitely big picture, jumping from A to H to X to S

Another idea that makes sense to me is that they are both weaker AND stronger. Ultimately, they're stronger, but such heavy fixation can bring about issues harnessing the planetary energy or coming to terms with it. Like strong Neptune can make one extremely prone to escapism and addiction, fantasy worlds of ones own creation, music, trouble facing reality, but when one learns how to harness the energy, there's immenswly strong creative power, maybe even latent talent for acting, awareness of spirituality and subconscious power as well as how tony, awareness of meaning

I'm very sleepy atm so that may not be the best example, but I suppose what I mean is... the planets are much stronger, but because of that, they can make us weak until we learn how to harness that extreme power we were born with. I think it gives credence to the idea that us rx people can be later bloomers, but once we learn how to harness the power of this energy, we may catch up or even surpass our peers

I do believe they're still subjective and individuated, so we have to learn to use them in our own way. We're forced to either die emotionally and spiritually, or forge an unconventional path, make our own place in this universe

I believe fron the Vedic viewpoint, in pastlives these energies were either suppressed, unused, or misused, so now we have to correct our mistakes

When not sleepy, I could go through and exolain how I experience each of my rx planets, especially since I have so many aspecting each other which is something im very curious about, how that affects the aspects, however I've been rambling on and you probably don't care lol. I only mentioned all this bc I know rx is still a mystery to you

I feel like I understand them through my own experiences amd I love discussing them as that helps me understans even more and I can see after beginning my astrological studies they ay a huge part in why I feel so often as if I just don't fit in or approach things the way others do

waybread

Natally, I couldn't say there's a good or a bad with Mercury retrograde. Sometimes introspection and contemplation are beneficial. Sometimes more direct linear thinking is required.

In transits and mundane astrology Mercury retrograde has a negative reputation as a bad time to travel, sign contracts, or get a communication across. With Mercury retrograde natally, I've learned to give myself extra time to catch a plane or train, to put a lot of redundancy into communications, and just to be generally cautious. I think these are reasonable habits.

Nof

Thank you very much all of you dear.
I appreciate your time and help.

I would be happy to receive a specific answer to my natal chart.
I was born with Mercury, Jupiter and Chiron in retrograd.

What does that mean - about me?

What does that mean - about how I personally will be affected soon by a retrodrad?

it`s a good time to start new things?
to start job? to start study?

Again, lots of thanks :)