Yod

Scorpio90

Hello everyone!

I was told I have two yod in the natal chart.

Could someone explain to me basically what they consist of and how they affect me?

Greetings and thanks! :wink:

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_a.39573.37008.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_a.39573.37008.gif
    63.1 KB · Views: 48

Neptunian Rainbow

You have Neptune at the apex of one of your Yods and Mars at the apex of the other. Looking at your chart I imagine that you long for something grand.
Yods are difficult to interpret and I am not experienced when it comes to astrology but I will share my thoughts. Only believe in them if they resonate with you.

Yods make you feel like you are lost and that you reach dead ends but there is something that calls you. I believe that you have dreams (Neptune) but you do not know which actions to take and how (Mars).

You have your NN in the first and Saturn is connected to your ascendant and also quite close to Neptune at the apex of the Yod in the twelfth. I believe that you are meant to work on building yourself. I am thinking about strength, healthy independence, assertiveness, being straightforward, honor, responsibility, leader skills, respect, morals, the capacity to stand up for yourself and others, being a gentleman, taking action, taking initiative and so on. Inconjunctions can cause a person to be too accommodating towards others or the opposite.

Think about how many people express assertiveness, they control others or run over others. Some people treat people like slaves they need to control and whip in order for them to be productive or give them what they want.

Yods give limitations, obstacles, fears, challenges, insecurities and confusion. They are caused by traumas that have created splits within you. You need to reintegrate those parts and make them work towards the same direction. The struggles make you humble, mature, wise and skilled. If you do the work you can become better within the area of your struggles than many other people. Uranus in the twelfth might make you afraid of being seen as weird/different. I don´t think that your childhood helped your unique personality to blossom. By connecting to and owning your progressive ideas/dreams/unique style/rebellious thoughts and feelings as well as your sensitivity in the twelfth while also expressing an evolved version of the Martian and Saturnian energy your path will reveal itself. You might have felt taken advantage of and might have felt imbalances around your martian energy.

Do not spend too much time fantasizing about grandiose dreams. You have some squares from Jupiter and they can make you dream BIG. Nothing wrong with dreaming big but try to think about which step you can take now to gain more knowledge, more experience, more confidence and more merits. You need to move step by step. Listen to your ideas and practice making your ideas happen. If you would simply be transported to the life situation your Yods wants to move you towards you would not have the knowledge and confidence to deal with being in that position. The path prepares you and gives you the character you need in order to fulfill your purpose. When you have integrated the different parts within you will feel different and you will see more clearly what you want to do.

Yods bring forth talents through overcoming challenges. You have many quintiles (natural talents) as well and you seem to have good communication skills. You certainly have a lot of potential and strength within even though you may not view yourself that way. I believe that the Uranus/Neptune/Saturn in Capricorn has to do with not resonating with the world at it´s current level, you want to do things differently in a more evolved way. At the same time I imagine that you have a conservative nature because of Saturn conjunct your Ascendant, perhaps your nature is to be like an evolved gentleman.

The Yod and the Grand Cross are the most difficult configurations that you can have in a chart. The more you are able to channel the Yods, the more you feel like you are riding on waves of inspiration instead of feeling stuck and lost. But the sense of being called remains and it can make you obsessed by what you are doing. They say that many people with Yods are able to channel it when they reach their middle age and then their life can turn around big time. I have Yods myself, it has been intensely frustrating to deal with them.

Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning? Your dreams (twelfth house) might give you guidance.

Scorpio90

I am very grateful for your response and time, Neptunian

I feel identified with this

You have Neptune at the apex of one of your Yods and Mars at the apex of the other. Looking at your chart I imagine that you long for something grand.

Yods make you feel like you are lost and that you reach dead ends but there is something that calls you. I believe that you have dreams (Neptune) but you do not know which actions to take and how (Mars).

I dream big, and I have great need to achieve something big but at the same time I feel blocked, I do not know what I want and when I have some project or idea I block, I do not believe in myself and I do not know where to start or what to do ..

I am currently working with my father and I want to stop doing it, it does not make me happy although I am comfortable and I do not pass needs, but I strongly desire to undertake something great on my own, but I feel that I lack power to undertake, determination or ambition ..

If this is really blocking the way achieve my goals ..

Where do you think I should start to solve this? Or maybe it is something that is not related to astrology and has no answer in this area, I understand.

Last edited:

Neptunian Rainbow

I am happy that I could be of help!

Unfortunately it may be that the next step is to apply for a job that will not feel like your ultimate destination and the dream of your life. Simply applying for a new job is the same thing as practicing taking actions and you could try to find a job that will help you evolve. You could for example work with service, sales or take a job in which you need to talk in front of people to develop that skill. Or take a job that makes you feel more capable of having a strong discipline if that is needed. Or start studying something. I do not know if you have some sort of ideas, try to think about what you need to be good at in order to do what you might want to do.

Imagine that you are walking on a road towards a goal you can´t see and you need to work with the information you have and look for the road signs you encounter.

Are there people who you admire and envy? Do you feel an inner longing and aching when you see a certain type of people like lawyers or something? That would certainly be a road sign for you.

On your free time you can work with yourself as well. You could for example take the initiative for you and your friends to do some activity or find new hobbies. Every action you take will help you evolve and balance the Yod more and more.

It´s not about finding the right action step, it´s about learning to take action again and again. If you do something and you find out that you don’t like it you have gained experience and more knowledge about what you don´t want which takes you one step closer to knowing what you do want. If something does not work out well, you learn and lesson and will be able to act in better ways the next time. You will eventually feel more like a person who can take action and make things happen and that is something important for you to achieve in order to be able to connect with your Yod.

When you take actions they lead to different life experiences and you learn more about life and your own self. As you accumulate knowledge and gain new insights you will begin to feel inspired to use what you have learnt in certain ways. That´s when you begin to realize what it is that you want to do. At least this is how it has been in my case.

I´ll try to explain my situation. Mercury conjunct Chiron is at the apex of one of my Yods, part of what I want to do is to teach others how to heal their relationships with themselves and others. I have tried many jobs I didn´t like and I have moved a lot and I have met a huge amount of people. My chart is complicated and there have been hardships. Those experiences taught me a lot and made me develop certain skills and my mind has expanded. By going through various experiences I have gradually felt more and more inspired to use what I have learnt and it´s easier for me know to feel and know what I am passionate about because of my life experience.

Right now while writing this post I can feel the workings of my Yod. It gets activated when I try to give someone advice. I feel as if a river of inspiration is pouring through me and it feels like I could go on writing an entire book at this very moment. I have to restrain myself but it feels like trying to stop a horse at full speed. When my inspiration is blocked I freeze instead. Even though I am inspired now I can feel the blocks and fears within my Yod. I am thinking that I might be writing things that are wrong, that I might misinterpret your chart and project myself on you and that people on this forum might think that I am crazy. I feel that my personality and my way of expressing myself is too much and I feel ashamed over the length of this post.

I want to use a perfect amount of words and I want to have access to the highest level of wisdom in the universe and express it perfectly. But that is not how it is.

I practice communicating my thoughts about life and I practice giving advice to friends, men I date, family members, colleagues, people on forums and so on. It is hard and painful (I believe that Chiron brings extra pain to the situation) but I have to keep doing it again and again and again. I have failed, I have embarrassed myself, I have caused misunderstandings, I have said crazy things but I have to be connected to this inner inspiration and follow it and with time I improve. I have evolved a lot. I get wiser and more mature and I learn more about how I should express myself and how I should not express myself. Perhaps one day I will be in a position where I can help people in the way I want to. I am now on my way towards a profession where I can express both of my Yods. I believe that I will feel inspired and learn more and then I will want to take a step to something even better.

You need to take actions even though you don´t know which action step that would be the most optimal to take and even though you don´t feel confident. Every action will not be perfect and take you on a straight path towards success and fulfillment and you may see that as you failing and you may feel flawed and as if you should just stop trying. But when you begin to understand your Yod, you will see that all of the things you have experienced; the trials, errors and dead ends have evolved you and that they were all a necessary part of your path towards fulfilling your destiny.

Some people are served success on a plate, everything just falls in place. But if they are immature, destructive and unhappy it´s nothing to feel envious about (I actually do envy them A LOT but logically I understand that I shouldn´t). I know that there are people out there doing what I want to do who are not good at what they do or even cause harm. However I feel that I must be amazing before I can do what I want to do.

Try to follow your impulses and accumulate life experience and keep evolving. I believe that you want to have a job where you feel significant, where you feel beneficial and where you interact with people somehow due to the tenth house. Yods are complicated and the path will reveal itself gradually while you walk on it. Follow the inspiration. The inspiration is immense within a Yod. It pushes you strongly. The fears and limitations are immense as well and it feels horrendous to be squeezed in between. Having a block in front but being able to sit down and relax and just settle with what you have in life is easier than having the force of a Yod pushing you intensely from behind. It kind of makes you have to try to free yourself from blocks so that the inspiration can just have its way with you

Looking at your chart I believe that you can achieve greatness. The longing within is your life destiny calling for you, urging you to free yourself so that you can let it flow through you. I think about the fears and challenges within the Yod as some sort of intense pressure that will transform the flow of inspiration towards higher levels. Like when pressure creates diamonds out of carbon. The Yod shows a great inspiration and a talent that has the capacity to keep evolving.

Scorpio90

Neptunian, many thanks for your time and wonderful response, I will try to follow your advice. I am very grateful for your contribution. You have a good day.

StillOne

Well Ive been doing some research and my lover girl is a Libra with not one, not two, not three, but FOUR yods in her chart and a Grand Cross..she is the most conflicted individual I know. I need help understanding what this means for her. With the yod being the Finger of God. Possessing 4 seems she has been anointed!!

Thank you so much

heres her birthday

10-18-73 roughly 9:30 pm Chicago, IL

Yes, this is a time period marked by an aspect pattern known as the Pandora Box. There was one member here, Zenith I believe her name was, that had 4 yods in her scope.

Try searching for Pandora's Box and Pentagram using the search function.