From the Summer of Love to the Arab Spring

CactusLand

Hi All,

This is a first for me, as I have never written a long form blog post using astrology before. I have been published in many alternative media sites, Infowars, Rense, etc. but always writing strictly about politics and economics. My heart has been in esoteric topics for a long time now, but I haven't felt confident enough to write something from this perspective until now.

The article follows the Uranus Pluto cycle from the sixties and the Summer of Love through the Arab Spring and our current situation.

http://www.thecactusland.com/2013/11/from-summer-of-love-to-arab-spring.html

I would love to hear your feedback and feel your support as I 'come out of the closet' as an astrologer.

Thanks for you help,

Cactus Land

piercethevale

I haven't read your article yet, but am looking forward to it when I have the time... but I do have a thread on the summer of love and how the Sabian symbolism gives indicative support to the events, I doubt that it might conflict with any of your writings, so in that respect I offer to you as something you will probably find interesting. I can't remember where I have the thread in this forum but I also have it at another astrological web-forum, here: http://actastrology.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=203

regards, ptv

Phoenix Venus

Cactusland and ptv, i read both of those articles, they were both very informative, thanks for sharing...

cactusland it is interesting how you relate pluto & uranus transits to sociopolitical movements. using the date ptv put for when mars went retro in 67, the conjunction between pluto-uranus was quite interesting.... pluto was conjunct usa natal lilith and uranus was conj usa natal neptune. (Both to the degree)

With pluto currently moving towards usa's mc (and then usas pluto) and uranus moving towards usa's ac.... in cardinal signs, no less... athings are bound to get interesting in the few upcoming years :)

Next march when ura hits usa part of increase & benefits, the square between them is about a half a degree

Last edited:

piercethevale

Cactusland and ptv, i read both of those articles, they were both very informative, thanks for sharing...

cactusland it is interesting how you relate pluto & uranus transits to sociopolitical movements. using the date ptv put for when mars went retro in 67, the conjunction between pluto-uranus was quite interesting.... pluto was conjunct usa natal lilith and uranus was conj usa natal neptune. (Both to the degree)

With pluto currently moving towards usa's mc (and then usas pluto) and uranus moving towards usa's ac.... in cardinal signs, no less... athings are bound to get interesting in the few upcoming years :)

Next march when ura hits usa part of increase & benefits, the square between them is about a half a degree

Great sleuthing there P.V. ...indubitably!

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

in-doobie-tably :p

Here are the symbols for the square:

(taken from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala")

Pluto:

"(CAPRICORN 16°): SCHOOL GROUNDS FILLED WITH BOYS AND GIRLS IN GYMNASIUM SUITS.
KEYNOTE: The need for physical activity and play, especially in adolescence.

Society has learned that a balanced combination of intellectual study and physical activity is necessary for the harmonious development of the human personality. Adults often forget this under the pressure of money-making and other duties, and this symbol reminds us of it.
This is the first stage of the fifty-eighth five-fold sequence which begins Scene Twenty of the cyclic ritual. It shows how we normally depend upon physical stimulation and EXERCISE for the maintenance of our health, and therefore of an equally healthy society. "

Uranus:

"(ARIES 15°): AN INDIAN WEAVING A CEREMONIAL BLANKET.
KEYNOTE: Projecting into everyday living the realization of wholeness and fulfillment.

In Christian tradition one hears of Jesus' "seamless robe." In Asia one is told of the "spiritual vesture" of the Perfect Ones. The man who has attained the spiritual state is figuratively robed in the universe – and more precisely, in the Milky Way, the Great White Robe of interwoven stars. This is the ultimate kind of weaving. There was also Penelope's weaving and unweaving, waiting for the return of her polarizing mate. The mind of the American woman in which these symbols took concrete form could think only of "Indian weavers." For the white man who is hungering for symbols of a state of living in total harmony with the universe, the traditional Indian can be glamorized as the answer to the inner emptiness of the city-dweller surfeited with artificial values. At any rate, we may thus prefigure a future state of fulfillment in conscious harmony and unpossessive love.
If this symbol comes to the consciousness of the inquirer after meaning, deliberately or through an aleatory act of revelation (like the act of throwing sticks to obtain an I Ching symbol), implied is the profound fact that every individual has as his ultimate conscious task the weaving of his "immortal body," his Gnostic Robe of Glory. It may sound very mystical and "far out," but there is a moment in every cycle when, in however small a degree, every individual may be confronted with the potentiality of a fulfilling act of self-realization and may, ever so relatively, find himself "clothed in light" for an instant.
This fifth stage of the third five-fold sequence of symbols ends the first of the twenty-four "scenes." We are told by it that the FULFILLMENT OF DESIRE is a possibility, at whatever level and in however incomplete a manner it may be experienced. "

.... how interesting :sideways:

i like this part: "implied is the profound fact that every individual has as his ultimate conscious task the weaving of his "immortal body," his Gnostic Robe of Glory....."

HoldOrFold

Hi All,

This is a first for me, as I have never written a long form blog post using astrology before. I have been published in many alternative media sites, Infowars, Rense, etc. but always writing strictly about politics and economics. My heart has been in esoteric topics for a long time now, but I haven't felt confident enough to write something from this perspective until now.

The article follows the Uranus Pluto cycle from the sixties and the Summer of Love through the Arab Spring and our current situation.

http://www.thecactusland.com/2013/11/from-summer-of-love-to-arab-spring.html

I would love to hear your feedback and feel your support as I 'come out of the closet' as an astrologer.

Thanks for you help,

Cactus Land

I'm a bit late on this, but I just read that and it was a fantastic. Also, the whole thing became a bit of a synchronicity for myself as well towards the end.