I am a leo but I am shy and insecure??

Zarathu

Account Closed
Also, thanks StillOne that makes more sense actually, and Zarathu, technically yeah I know I know, I just wanted to see if there was an explanation using astrology as to why I am a "shy" leo.

While I am among the astrologers who ethically won't do chart work for children(and until you reach the age of 18 in the USA you are still a child), I have to say that I also find it unrealistic to specify that you are a shy person, while you are still in the throes of adolescence. While its been almost 50 years since I was your age, I experienced very much of my adolescence exactly as you are describing yours, and no one would have considered me shy and insecure by the time I was in my mid twenties, 10 years later.

In my opinion, you are simply struggling with situational issues that would easily be shown by your tertiary and minor progressed return charts(or others might use transits or planetary return charts). These times will pass and then you will move on with your life. Your natal chart will not say that you are shy and insecure. You need to look at situational circumstances, and at the same time try to be aware that shyness and insecurity are central themes of adolescence, and that often return to being central themes of life in your late 60's and later(where I am now).

Julia51423

While I am among the astrologers who ethically won't do chart work for children(and until you reach the age of 18 in the USA you are still a child), I have to say that I also find it unrealistic to specify that you are a shy person, while you are still in the throes of adolescence. While its been almost 50 years since I was your age, I experienced very much of my adolescence exactly as you are describing yours, and no one would have considered me shy and insecure by the time I was in my mid twenties, 10 years later.

In my opinion, you are simply struggling with situational issues that would easily be shown by your tertiary and minor progressed return charts(or others might use transits or planetary return charts). These times will pass and then you will move on with your life. Your natal chart will not say that you are shy and insecure. You need to look at situational circumstances, and at the same time try to be aware that shyness and insecurity are central themes of adolescence, and that often return to being central themes of life in your late 60's and later(where I am now).

Oh okay that makes sense.. Yeah situational issues maybe. Or maybe because I am simply a teen, but I just felt more insecure then most other teens are, also considering that I am a Leo and leos are supposed to be "the most confident" if them all. I was just wondering.

Blackempress

There are lots of happening that tend to shape our lives & personality. For a teen, life is just beginning & you are learning the stops signs in the adult's world. That itself takes a while to settle into. As a person I don't see shyness but caution definitely. Secondly you tend to be a little hard on yourself, critical technically but trust me with age you will groom into a fine charming lady. All the best.

Julia51423

Thanks blackempress. Also, I have another question. Does my chart say that I am a person that is more reserved, or that is more outgoing? I'm just curious.
Also, some of you said that I could go into counceling other people? Is that the career my chart recommends I go into?

Eirlys

Oh okay that makes sense.. Yeah situational issues maybe. Or maybe because I am simply a teen, but I just felt more insecure then most other teens are, also considering that I am a Leo and leos are supposed to be "the most confident" if them all. I was just wondering.

You're comparing what is going on inside of you to what you see on the outside of others.

They may be just as insecure as you are (if not moreso), whether it shows or not.

You only get to see what they want you to see.

:wink:

Kannon

With Gemini rising and Pluto opposite Asc, one can be alternating (Gemini, mutable) and at times held deep within oneself (Pluto).

You have 4 planets in fixed signs. That tends to slow down development towards your pinnacle of potential. Just let things develop naturally and you'll find your groove.

Plus you have a conjunction of Venus & Mars in Cancer. That is the most specific place of emphasis in your chart, outside your sun sign. That plus Jupiter in Pisces - some sensitivity and introversion indicated.

Lioness is right. You don't have to be an obvious extrovert or an obvious introvert. Those are categories that people often don't fit into so easily. Consider that you are both, just at different times. That's Gemini for you.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Hello sunshine, think of it like this... That Leo sun is who you are to become~ To develop in the fullest sense. Leo's don't throw on a facade of sunshine, they actually encompass the beautiful essence of the sun's rays. Warm, congenial, jovial, and grandeur spectacular~:biggrin:

You will come into your fullest expression, but when you do, just remember to give that expression with the purest of intent, and not in a powerful way that will run rough-shod over others. This is important, for it is an energy that is present in your chart. Don't forget this. This energy will teach you great lessons if you allow it to run rampant.

The final dispostor of your chart is your Sun; Mercury brings you to this final destination; same as in the mythology. Be perfect as you are and listen to that silent space within~

Zarathu

Account Closed
Oh okay that makes sense.. Yeah situational issues maybe. Or maybe because I am simply a teen, but I just felt more insecure then most other teens are, also considering that I am a Leo and Leos are supposed to be "the most confident" if them all. I was just wondering.

Its not that simple. My wife is a Leo. She never became outgoing until much later in life and remained quite shy until her forties.

Astrology is much much more complicated than you have conceptualized it. There are some many things modifying so many other things.

And IMO, your sun sign is the most nebulous of all of them---unless of course if you are a fan of the late Linda Goodman.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Its not that simple. My wife is a Leo. She never became outgoing until much later in life and remained quite shy until her forties.

Astrology is much much more complicated than you have conceptualized it. There are some many things modifying so many other things

And IMO, your sun sign is the most nebulous of all of them---unless of course if you are a fan of the late Linda Goodman.

I don't feel that any information conveyed concerning the sun was shared with in context to Linda goodman. I believe the final dispositor of the chart is the sun. Taking in consideration it's aspects and mercury's square to Pluto it is important to take note of and to mention. That and she is sixteen years old. Highlighting the positive possibilities with in the natal chart of any young person is the goal I feel that must be pursued. After all, you spoke on the moral obligation earlier in the thread of speaking with a minor. And who would want an angry parent knocking on there door because they told there daughter information that was taken negatively? , I would have thought you would taken this in consideration before having a go in an open forum such as this. Considering your previous professional background.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I don't feel that any information conveyed concerning the sun was shared with in context to Linda goodman. I believe the final dispositor of the chart is the sun. Taking in consideration it's aspects and mercury's square to Pluto it is important to take note of and to mention. That and she is sixteen years old. Highlighting the positive possibilities with in the natal chart of any young person is the goal I feel that must be pursued. After all, you spoke on the moral obligation earlier in the thread of speaking with a minor. And who would want an angry parent knocking on there door because they told there daughter information that was taken negatively? , I would have thought you would taken this in consideration before having a go in an open forum such as this. Considering your previous professional background.

OH get a life! You have absolutely NO knowledge of what professional clinical practice consists of. Its an extremely offensive statement to make toward someone who has put almost 5000 posts into this forum. To make insulting statements like this are completely out of line.

I simply said that the OP was looking at things from too simplistic a point of view. And Linda Goodman's Sun Signs was a simplistic reductionist silver bullet viewpoint. And I also said that I wasn't going to interpret the chart of children. Interpreting anything in the chart of child means that it will be taken completely out of context---as you did.

I refused to do that, and I will continue to refuse to say much more than that her understanding of astrology is extremely limited---until she contacts me again at age 18. Even then a full introspective analysis is impossible due to the lack of pre-frontal brain growth for every human under the age of 25.

I guess this puts me on your enemies list, unfortunately I don't really care, and won't be responding to you again, as I don't respond to anyone who argues with people by using insulting langauage. So any reply you might have will not be seen by me.

Last edited:

astralrabbit

Account Closed
OH get a life! You have absolutely NO knowledge of what professional clinical practice consists of. Its an extremely offensive statement to make toward someone who has put almost 5000 posts into this forum. To make insulting statements like this are completely out of line.

I simply said that the OP was looking at things from too simplistic a point of view. And Linda Goodman's Sun Signs was a simplistic reductionist silver bullet viewpoint. And I also said that I wasn't going to interpret the chart of children. Interpreting anything in the chart of child means that it will be taken completely out of context---as you did.

I refused to do that, and I will continue to refuse to say much more than that her understanding of astrology is extremely limited---until she contacts me again at age 18. Even then a full introspective analysis is impossible due to the lack of pre-frontal brain growth for every human under the age of 25.

I guess this puts me on your enemies list, unfortunately I don't really care, and won't be responding to you again, as I don't respond to anyone who argues with people by using insulting langauage. So any reply you might have will not be seen by me.

I don't consider you an enemy. I consider you a person who holds an attitude as if he were better than everyone else. I may have taken out of context what you spoke Mr. Ubeseder, and I certainly am man enough to apologize to someone who isn't so offensive and conducts theirself with such indignancy. With that said. I don't really care for your lack courtesy or lack of respect to your fellow human beings. Hopefully it will change, and you become the wiser for it. My apologies to all that I have offended except for you Mr. Astrology rock god~

Julia51423

Zarathu, with all do respect, you have posted numerous times on my threads I have made that I am too young and you will not do a reading for someone who is my age. Well, than please don't comment on my posts. I understand your reasoning, but please stop telling me you will not read my chart. I am sick of hearing it over and over and over again, because plenty of other people on here probably are willing to analyze my chart, regardless of my age, which is fine too.
You don't need to tell me over and over that my brain is "underdeveloped" and that I am not capable of deep thinking. Yes I'm a teenager but I am capable of getting an astrology reading. I really don't want any hard feelings and I totally respect your decision not to help me because of my age, but if that's the case then please don't bother posting at all on my threads.

rahu

Banned
hi Julia

it is surprising you are shy and insecure on first glance because your sun is opposed to Uranus. by itself this would make you a super leo:biggrin:

but you Saturn is on the vertex axis and Neptune is square the vertex axis. this is the source of you shyness and insecurity .
vertex aspects show a spontaneous manifestation of the symbols, so you have always had this streak of insecurity.

actually with mercury conjunct the node you have exceptional mental and psychics abilities

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539
(you might peruse post # 12, as it goes into the significance of mercury conjunct the node)
With the mercury/node aspect you have an uncanny ability to go right to the center of any intellectual question. This is an excellent aspect for counseling as you would almost immediately know what the underlying questions the client had.
your sun opposed to Uranus which gives you strong astral and psychic abilities. Your dreams are often prophetic and you can communicate with other or have common dreams with others.
But there is a note of caution because you when one has a Saturn square to Neptune as you do, your dreams can often be nightmares especially at the age you are.
The midpoint of the mercury/pluto square is on you nodal axis.
This shows that you have a very deep and profound mind. You are drawn to serious questions of life and fate, which may have surprised your friends because your sun/Uranus opposition gives you an aura of spontaneous emotional responses. This may also be an aspect that gives you interest in counseling.
This aspect is also part of your insecurity and shyness as it tends to be associated with repressed or blocked memories. With Saturn square to Neptune, you likely have issues surrounding your father figure. This aspect often shows a lack of a father figure or one who is not attentive to your emotional needs. Sometimes this shows an older father or he was absent from your life.

rahu

Julia51423

hi Julia

it is surprising you are shy and insecure on first glance because your sun is opposed to Uranus. by itself this would make you a super leo:biggrin:

but you Saturn is on the vertex axis and Neptune is square the vertex axis. this is the source of you shyness and insecurity .
vertex aspects show a spontaneous manifestation of the symbols, so you have always had this streak of insecurity.

actually with mercury conjunct the node you have exceptional mental and psychics abilities

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539
(you might peruse post # 12, as it goes into the significance of mercury conjunct the node)
With the mercury/node aspect you have an uncanny ability to go right to the center of any intellectual question. This is an excellent aspect for counseling as you would almost immediately know what the underlying questions the client had.
your sun opposed to Uranus which gives you strong astral and psychic abilities. Your dreams are often prophetic and you can communicate with other or have common dreams with others.
But there is a note of caution because you when one has a Saturn square to Neptune as you do, your dreams can often be nightmares especially at the age you are.
The midpoint of the mercury/pluto square is on you nodal axis.
This shows that you have a very deep and profound mind. You are drawn to serious questions of life and fate, which may have surprised your friends because your sun/Uranus opposition gives you an aura of spontaneous emotional responses. This may also be an aspect that gives you interest in counseling.
This aspect is also part of your insecurity and shyness as it tends to be associated with repressed or blocked memories. With Saturn square to Neptune, you likely have issues surrounding your father figure. This aspect often shows a lack of a father figure or one who is not attentive to your emotional needs. Sometimes this shows an older father or he was absent from your life.

rahu

Thank you! That was really interesting. I found the part of a father figure interesting, because my parents are divorced, so even though I know my dad loves me, he lives across the country and I only see him like once a month and talk to him on the phone, ever since I was 7. So I guess there was an absence of a true father figure there.

I feel like I am happiest when I am the center of attention and feel loved and appreciated, and I guess that is the leo in me, but I feel like my insecurities hold me back somehow. For some reason I always feel like I am not enough for anyone or I have to please others or I won't be liked or loved back. Are there any signs in my chart of me being a pushover or a really bad people pleaser?

Also, how do I learn to fight off these insecurities, and learn to just be me? Past these insecurities, what is my actual personality like in my chart?

Thanks again,
Julia

Julia51423

Also another thing I have been trying to figure out, is if I am a shy extrovert, or just an introvert. Or both... Shy and an introvert. Can anyone see what my chart would indicate about that?

astralrabbit

Account Closed
What ...??

lol...go into your astro data; pull up your chart and click on the link in the top left hand corner of your chart that is highlighted in blue that states "additional tables pdf" The first page of the doc...will list each planet along with its long., latitud, and declinations....The declinations will provide you with the info needed to know if you have any parallels or contra-parallels. Parallels are considering conjunctions and the other is considered similar to oppositions. Look up on Google what is and how to figure it out....:biggrin: Stay outta trouble kiddo!

Bina

Hi Julia,

I had a friend who had Sun, Moon and Mercury in Leo, as well as Scorpio rising. She is one of the most quiet, introverted and withdrawn people i know. Just occasionally, and a bit more frequently as she got older, the Leo would pop up and she could be so bright and playful.
My father is also a Leo with a grand trine between Sun in Leo, Moon in Aries and Jupiter in Sag - he has a very powerful and dominating personality.
How you express yourself depends on the rest of the chart too and i think on progressions and transits, which show what you are going through at the moment. A sun in Leo can be expressed in so many different ways as well.