Should I sublet my room?

summer92

My friend (M) and I decided to sublet our room for the summer as it's commonly done and it won't be of any use as well and we could also save money on rent.

One of the girls I'm living with (and close friends with,lets call her J) is however not comfortable with the people living in our house this summer as they're strangers.These people (2 post graduate doctors) are going to be living in my friend's (M) and my room.We decided to do this as we'd be horribly in debt if we didn't do it.The girl J is from quite a wealthy family and is quite sheltered and is not comfortable with the idea of people living in the house.

I'm not sure what to do right now as I really need the money and I trust the people who have decided to live in the house.They're up for paying a deposit and the rent beforehand as well.The girl J is however very persistent and not able to empathize with us.The rest of the people we're living with have no problem what so ever with it.

I'm panicking right now as I'm not sure what to do.It's worrying me as I have very little money left in my account.

Please help me interpret this chart.I have no idea how to do this.I can see money being of prime importance with the moon in house 2.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_68_should_i_sublet_the_room.73406.32378.jpg
    astro_2gw_68_should_i_sublet_the_room.73406.32378.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 29

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Querent and 4th house (current room) are both disposited by Jupiter, which is posited in an elevated degree of Taurus, so this indicates a strong + answer.
However,
-the Lot of Success is @ 10 Scorpio in the 12th house of restrictions and disappointment (although querent's significator Jupiter does flow toward the Lot which is +)
-significator Jupiter is about to change signs and move:
a) into its detriment in Gemini
and
b) therefore into conjunction with the South Node

I think the meaning of all of this is that yes, querent should sublet the room, but also that querent should expect difficulties forthcoming regarding this...

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Vedik method, my observations are
1. Asc. and house Lord Jupiter is with the Lord of gains
2. 5th Lord is also with Asc. and house lord Jupiter
But 5th Lord and 11th Lord is venus (Retro and combust)
Even the signs are positive but gain is combust and retro, decision may backfire. Better to reconsider.

summer92

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Querent and 4th house (current room) are both disposited by Jupiter, which is posited in an elevated degree of Taurus, so this indicates a strong + answer.
However,
-the Lot of Success is @ 10 Scorpio in the 12th house of restrictions and disappointment (although querent's significator Jupiter does flow toward the Lot which is +)
-significator Jupiter is about to change signs and move:
a) into its detriment in Gemini
and
b) therefore into conjunction with the South Node

I think the meaning of all of this is that yes, querent should sublet the room, but also that querent should expect difficulties forthcoming regarding this...

Dr Farr

Do you see any legal issues regarding this?

dr. farr

No, but there might be other possible ramifications involving the girl you mentioned, or what she might cause with other members of that household, etc; however, whether or not these potential difficulties amount to anything significant or not, is an open question: I think the indications (both from my delineation and Anoop's) is, to go forward with this matter but to do so with cautiion, do it carefully and with circumspection.

rafaella

I agree with above interpretations...I don't think you will have problems with the new tenants in the house, there will be mutual reception between Jupiter and Mercury, after Jupiter (your ruler) changes signs. However, Jupiter also enters its own detriment in Gemeni, so something with this arrangement will be difficult. Possibly from the friend, she is Mars and Mars and Mercury receive each other negatively - so if you do let the other people live with you, there will be some tensions which may put you in a difficult position. Jupiter changing signs also point to change in cirumstances, possibly a trip or move coming up for you?

Mars has no dignity and both Jupiter and Mars are in negative reception to each other so it seems lots of tensions between you and friend as well.. Moon will also inconjucnt with Mars, so some adjustments to be made with this friend. There may be period of no talking and ignoring one another or something like that.

I guess you'll have to go with the majority and make an objective decision rather than letting your friend bully you into what she wants. Have a good chat with her, without arguing and explain your financial situation...Hope you make a wise choice :)

Best wishes!

summer92

I agree with above interpretations...I don't think you will have problems with the new tenants in the house, there will be mutual reception between Jupiter and Mercury, after Jupiter (your ruler) changes signs. However, Jupiter also enters its own detriment in Gemeni, so something with this arrangement will be difficult. Possibly from the friend, she is Mars and Mars and Mercury receive each other negatively - so if you do let the other people live with you, there will be some tensions which may put you in a difficult position. Jupiter changing signs also point to change in cirumstances, possibly a trip or move coming up for you?

Mars has no dignity and both Jupiter and Mars are in negative reception to each other so it seems lots of tensions between you and friend as well.. Moon will also inconjucnt with Mars, so some adjustments to be made with this friend. There may be period of no talking and ignoring one another or something like that.

I guess you'll have to go with the majority and make an objective decision rather than letting your friend bully you into what she wants. Have a good chat with her, without arguing and explain your financial situation...Hope you make a wise choice :)

Best wishes!

Hello Rafaella!

I'm actually taking a trip back home till September :) :) The friend was quite rude when I talked to her that night,but she was drunk.Right now she told me she'd like to meet up with them as well.She's not sure if she's going to live in the house.

Not on speaking terms? :( That's going to be very hard! I'll rent my room no matter what :(

Thankyou! Will keep everyone updated

summer92

This did not go well.The guy and I got along well,but my friend was being quite threatening towards the two of us so I couldn't sublet it :(

rafaella

that's awful! Yeah, the chart did show quite a bit of resistance from her..

You said she may not live in the house during summer? If that's the case, maybe you can still sublet your room? Or let her pay your rent to save you money... :bandit:

summer92

You said she may not live in the house during summer? If that's the case, maybe you can still sublet your room? Or let her pay your rent to save you money... :bandit:

Girl won't take my answer at all.She and another girl :(

summer92

Rafaella,can you see the person trying to move on to me? After the thing didn't work out,he asked me out on a date to make things more awkward. :annoyed: he's mutual friends with the guy I liked a lot (the one who moved away).I can see Cancer is exalted in Jupiter,however I'm moving to Gemini and I should rule Mercury however I'm not attracted to him at all.

rafaella

Well Mercury exalting Jupiter does point to him liking you, and you might date him after you return. But Jupiter will also be in detriment, so not a good position for it....But it would be a separate question if you wondering about a relationship with him.

Maybe try find a job that can help you financially, or you leaving pretty soon?

summer92

Well Mercury exalting Jupiter does point to him liking you, and you might date him after you return. But Jupiter will also be in detriment, so not a good position for it....But it would be a separate question if you wondering about a relationship with him.

Maybe try find a job that can help you financially, or you leaving pretty soon?
hello! Oh my I dont see myself with at all.He's not my type at all and is making it very evident now which is making me very uncomfortable

rafaella

Are your friends against him in particular living in your room, or are they just completely against the idea of anyone living there while you gone?

Maybe they see something in this guy that you don't, and now that he is advancing towards you and making you uncomfortable - maybe its a good thing you can't give him the room...

summer92

Are your friends against him in particular living in your room, or are they just completely against the idea of anyone living there while you gone?

Maybe they see something in this guy that you don't, and now that he is advancing towards you and making you uncomfortable - maybe its a good thing you can't give him the room...

anyone in the house while i'm gone

nah the girl i've mentioned is kind of ******* in the head.We've all become quite vary of her since a particular incident.He's an alright person,but I would never consider anything with him.

tikana

Summer

Here is the problem.
In William Lilly times, renter was considered as 6th house. He does write about this in 1st book and little bit in 2nd one in 6th house affairs.
Now, things have changed which puts tenant and landlord as equal because every tenant and landlord sign an agreement.
Skyscript has a discussion on this topic.

I would say stick with 1/7 but take a look at 1/6 as well

If you have an idea who it is that you want to sublet use 1/7 and pay attention to 2/8th house since there is money trasaction going on.

cheers

summer92

Hey Tikana! The result of this horary was that 'I could not sublet the room because of opposition from my housemate,who was extremely rude to the new tenants.The landlady is not the best as well'