Life imitating Life -- Progressions

C Jayne

Here are two charts, both showing my husband's planets. Here's why I am posting them:

My husband and I are very very focused on him getting a new job. He is eligible to begin drawing on his retirement (a comfortable amount of money) as soon as he can quit his old job. But at age 60, the only way to look attractive to a new employer is to waltz into an interview already employed by someone else.

He interviewed, this week, for a job he really wants. It doesn't pay much, but offers high job satisfaction. I have been obsessing about his progressed planets for months. Previously, he was interviewing in his own field. Jobs kept not working out. We finally decided that maybe it was God's will for him to let go of his former career choice, and try a new career. The old one was in public service. The new job falls into that category also, but very different work.

This job change is crucial. We bought a house in a new city a year ago in order to be closer to my aged parents. Now, he's trapped in our old city because the regulations of his job require that he live in the city where he works. He can only come home to me and our new house on weekends. The rest of the time, he is living in a motel an hour and a half away.

So. He had this job interview on Thursday. That stellium of his never tells me much about the current activities in his life. But his progressed chart shows that his Progressed Moon begins opposing his Natal Midheaven this month , and then it will conjunct several planets -- natal ones and progresed ones -- for the next few months. His Progressed Sun squares his Progressed Uranus -- which supports the radical shift in focus for his life's work.

My question for myself was, are the upcoming movements of his progresed planets, particularly his Progressed Moon, good news?

(In case there was any doubt, my own Progressed Moon is currently in my 12th house. I have several months before it will finally get out!)

Finally, in an effort to try and get some sleep (in this big house, all alone, with him an hour and a half away), I decided I should look at when was the last time his Progressed Moon conjuncted or opposed his Natal Midheaven? This might give me a clue about what impact the current Progression would have.

The date I got was December -- maybe November -- 1992. Guess when he started working at the job where he's currently employed?

So then I went to sleep -- for about 20 minutes! -- and woke up totally alert!

Okay, if the 1992 conjunct and the 2006 opposition of Progressed Moon to Natal Midheaven both work the same way, then he's got the job and he'll be moving here soon. But if they don't...

-- or, if free will or God's will or serendipity makes it so that he doesn't get this job, my nerves are so wracked at this point, I guess I feel like I'll not only suffer the loss of him not getting the job, I'll also suffer a kind of spiritual loss -- I guess I've placed a large portion of my faith in astrology (okay, so maybe this isn't healthy, but it seems to be what I'm doing).

I could fill up this thread with other versions of charts of my husband's progressions and/or transits, but really, I just wanted to share this much with people who understand.

-- C Jayne

Frisiangal

Hi C.J.
First of all I do hope you and your husband will be reunited on a regular basis soon.
I 'd like to make the point that it might be unwise to judge your husband's job prospects on the validity of sec. prog. Moon alone, which seems to show the emotional attitude one is going through at any particular time as a result of change in the house the prog. Moon is residing. The progressions and transits of 1992 are entirely different to what they are now.

If you're looking at his current job prospects, you might care to take a look at the positions of sec. progressed M.C. and its ruler, Mars, as well as his 6th house ruler, Jupiter, and what aspects, if any, they make to natal planets. This would be indicative of his personal talents being used in new employment. The position of tr. Pluto in his 6th house of employment service does not aspect anything in his chart, which would seem to infer that no great radical change lies in the immediate future until the square with Chiron.
Tr. Neptune in the 8th house returns to inconjunct natal Sun later this year, ruler of his 2nd house, which could be indicative of a change in the funds from an outer source upon which one had become reliant (fixed signs).
Tr. Uranus has completed the aspects to 1st house natal Mercury/Pluto, as well as NN. Its next aspect is the drawn out trine, through retrograde, to natal Saturn. This would suggest that he will need and be offered time to adjust to a new situation ( my husband experienced the same; see Sag. Sun-Pluto post) in which he can rest on his laurels in retired companionship (Saturn in 12th house rules 7th house). With tr. Uranus in the 9th, he may even be looking forward to the prospect :wink:

Sec. Prog. Sun is approaching the sextile to itself from the 3rd house of local environment. Looks like he is going to join you and *he* will be fine with the changed (mutable Virgo) financial situation (Sun, ruler 2nd). Virgo has the ability to manage sufficiently with its resources. With sec. pr. Asc. trining SN in 6th, he might be drawn towards remaining in an old pattern of work, whilst the sextile to NN. in 12th would seem to show the personal desire to be out of the rat race.

You write... [I guess I feel like I'll not only suffer the loss of him not getting the job, I'll also suffer a kind of spiritual loss -- I guess I've placed a large portion of my faith in astrology (okay, so maybe this isn't healthy, but it seems to be what I'm doing). ]

I guess it's unecessary to say that yours and his chart are two totally different entities and may not show the same approach towards life.
A seemingly 'sad' side of astrology is that it always reveals the truth, but that truth is not always what we would wish to face. :wink:

F

C Jayne

Frisiangal said:
First of all I do hope you and your husband will be reunited on a regular basis soon.... unwise to judge your husband's job prospects on the validity of sec. prog. Moon alone, which seems to show the emotional attitude one is going through ....
Hi F--

Thank you. Every bit of encouragement helps. :lol: We appreciate getting your good wishes!

As regards the significance (or lack) of the Progressed Moon, normally, I would completely agree -- the Moon is awfully quick, it never stays in the same place long, and its precise location at any time does not seem important. But my husband is a Cancer Cancer Cancer Cancer! -- ruled by Moon. The only way I discovered this significant similar astrological event (new job situation beginning just as Progressed Moon conjuncted Natal Midheaven -- which occured, "coincidentally," just as he started his current job, 13 years ago) was by going through my ephemeris and looking for the time when Moon was in the same place only 180 degrees away.

Frisiangal said:
If you're looking at his current job prospects, you might care to take a look at the positions of sec. progressed M.C. and its ruler, Mars...

BTW, I was confused by your use of "sec." The abbreviations weren't always clear for me -- I understood "prog." but Sec. Prog. and others, like NN or SN -- left me wondering if I was missing something.

Yes, I've spent some time worrying about his Progressed Mars, which just moved from Gemini into Cancer. Would this mean he would become overly-emotional? Incidental to the conversation about job change, his Progressed Venus and Progressed and natal Plutos recently collided, and his mom died. She was old, but you never let go easily. And of course, the Pluto-Venus conjunction also indicates some change in thinking about finances. He has been earning a hefty hourly wage. If he gets the new job, he will earn about half that amount -- but he'll have retirement money to go with it.

Frisiangal said:
... take a look at ...his 6th house ruler, Jupiter, and what aspects, if any, they make to natal planets. This would be indicative of his personal talents being used in new employment.

Progressed Jupiter is a long way from Natal Jupiter, and, interestingly, it will directly oppose his Natal Midheaven exactly in, I believe, May 2006.

Meanwhile, on his Transiting chart, Transiting Jupiter has been in his (Natal) 4th house for the past year, trying to exit it for many months. It will finally completely leave his 4th house in July. Letting go of the old house and embracing the new was much more difficult forhim than for me (Cancer Cancer Cancer...) I can't help but wonder his transiting Jupiter (and his difficulty in letting go of the old) this accounts for the motel living.

-----------------------

To further the discussion about progressions:

Before we moved into this house, I had to finish up the home repair and home remodelling projects started on the other one. Then we (I) moved into this one, and since I am allergic to everything and have asthma, we decided removing the carpet and installing hardwood floors was a good idea. I did the work myself -- rented a compressor and nail shooter, etc.

During that entire time, my Natal Moon (which, of course, stays in one place) and my Progressed Midheaven (which only moves about one degree per year) were in opposition. I finally realized: it was like I was making a career out of "home." And I did this non-stop -- visiting my aged parents, then coming back here and working on the house -- the whole time these two were in opposition -- my first year here.

-- C Jayne

C Jayne

Elianah said:
... I think that I need to say that I do not do predictive astrology as a rule ... So for me the purpose of a progressed chart is to see the continuing evolution of the person towards integrating with the soul. ..

Elianah --

Your post about the meaning of Progressions really stuck with me.

I know some astrologers will say, "Look at the Transiting planets and what they are doing to this person's Progressed something-or-other..." and it has always been over my head -- too many planets, sorting out the transiting planets, the Natal planets and the Progressed planets.

But what you said made it all make sense. And so, on my husband's chart, (although i know you don't really like to look at future implications of these things...) he has a clump of planets -- His Natal Pluto and Mercury are conjunct at 9 and a half degrees Leo, and his Progressed Pluto and Venus are conjunct at 10 and a half and 11 degrees Leo, and Transiting Saturn keeps swishing back and forth over all of them. It will finally enter my husband's Natal 2nd house completely around July 2006, coinciding with Transiting Saturn entering his Progressed 12th house at the same time.

Forgive me for obsessing here, but this doesn't sound good, does it?

I had gotten comfortable with Transiting Saturn entering his 2nd house, and having my husband be dragged into experiences that are financial :roll: -- hey! I expect he'll be starting a new job soon! -- but now I have to face the idea of him being dragged into that closet under the stairs, as Kite likes to say - :?

Frisiangal said:
that truth is not always what we would wish to face.

Frisiangal --

This is true, and I don't like being on the receiving end of having to look at these things. I hope I am "borrowing trouble" -- worrying about something that will not really cause me this much concern after it happens. But I'd be very interested to hear other astrologers' perspectives on this stuff.

Thank you -- C Jayne

C Jayne

WHAT HIS CHART PREDICTED CAME TRUE!

Frisiangal said:
The progressions and transits of 1992 are entirely different to what they are now.

Hi--

My knees are a little like butter right now -- MY HUSBAND FINALLY GOT A JOB!

Have I been obsessing? You betcha! I have charted every piece of activity I could see on his transiting and progressed charts.

In 1992, when he started the job where he currently works, on Nov. 5th, his progressed Moon conjuncted his natal Midheaven. He began actually working that job in mid-December.

This time, his progressed Moon will actually perfectly oppose his natal Midheaven next weekend -- 3/27/2006.

Today he got the phonecall inviting him to begin the new job on April 17th.

We are delirious!

--C Jayne

Frisiangal

C.J.

I am delighted for you both. Such a worry off your minds. A 'little bit of well deserved luck' with the trine between tr. Mercury and Jupiter to your husband's Sun these last few days? I didn't pick up on the progr. Moon conjunct pr. Jupiter, thinking the latter was still in Virgo from its position around the chart. With Jupiter ruler of his 6th house, that area will also be energised by the progr. Moon.
I'm very glad I was wrong. Congrats. and good luck.

F.

C Jayne

Aquarian Maverick said:
Congratulations, C Jayne! :mrgreen:
Aquarian Maverick
Thank you!

It's been 12 hours. We are still stumbling around, weak at the knees. After 12 months of living in separate cities, it may take us awhile to get used to the prospect of a good outcome. -- C

C Jayne

Frisiangal said:
C.J.

I am delighted for you both. Such a worry off your minds.
:) Thank you very very much. We are still stunned -- but don't pinch me, i don't want to wake up!

Frisiangal said:
...A 'little bit of well deserved luck' with the trine between tr. Mercury and Jupiter to your husband's Sun these last few days? ...
:roll: I have a different perspective on what happens on this chart with Jupiter. It's a little screwy.

I've been watching transiting Jupiter -- and every other planet -- as they have trailed around his chart. (I even watched Mars transits. We've been going through this for a year! Great transit aspects came and went, and still, no new job!) :oops:

What appears to be significant with this chart and Jupiter is, with transiting Jupiter in his 4th house, he finds "adventure" in the home instead of living in the home. Jupiter will soon be pulling out -- and that, I think, is important (although, this won't happen until July 23rd -- so maybe I'll make him sleep in the van, out in the driveway, until then!) 8) (Just kidding).

On the natal chart, he has Saturn in with that clump of Cancer planets. "Home" is uncomfortable for him, although he's trying to get more comfortable with it. :|

He didn't used to like being alone. Over this past year, he's been forced to spend time getting comfortable with himself -- with being alone inside his own skin. So, although he didn't want to have (Jupiter) "adventure" in the home, apparently it offered him (also Jupiter) "spiritual growth" he needed.

Frisiangal said:
...I didn't pick up on the progr. Moon conjunct pr. Jupiter, thinking the latter was still in Virgo from its position around the chart. With Jupiter ruler of his 6th house, that area will also be energised by the progr. Moon...
It sounds like you and i view this diffierently, in a couple of ways.

I interpret 6th house as being :? "work"-work, :? like shoveling or exercising -- the activities that force a person to push their bodies to the limits, such as health issues. My husband and I have been hoping he would find a new way to define himself in the world -- as indicated by the "medium coeli" -- the Midheaven -- the MC. So for me, Jupiter's relationship to his progressed Moon didn't matter, because Sagittarius is irrelevant to his Aries Midheaven (10th house cusp).

But what his chart says will happen is, His progressed Moon -- which rules the sign for his natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant, North Node, and Saturn -- will first cross prog. Jupiter (optimism), and then his n. Midheaven (career) and then his n. Neptune (disillusionment) -- then his prog. Sun will square his prog. Uranus (he'll reinvent himself? -- or blow himself up!) -- and then his prog Moon will conjunct prog. Neptune (more disillusionment?) and then prog Moon conjuncts prog Chiron (I'm only just starting to read up on Chiron).

All that stuff happens in a little more than 2 months' time.

Swinging from the optimism to the disillusionment to the optimism scared me. :|

That's when I decided I should let his past charts be the guide for how I interpret his current charts.

And, of course in 1992, when he started a new job (right after prog Moon crossed Midheaven), he felt a little lost and confused at first -- as prog Moon crossed over his Neptunes (natal and progressed). So I'm sure he'll get through it okay this time also.

Frisiangal said:
I guess it's unecessary to say that yours and his chart are two totally different entities and may not show the same approach towards life.
I completely agree. But since this thread was intended to be about progressions, in general, I guess I was trying to broaden the topic. Just making conversation I guess. I either talk not-at-all, or you can't shut me up. :wink:

Frisiangal said:
... I'm very glad I was wrong. Congrats. and good luck. F.

Thank you :p thank you :wink: thank you :D . Now maybe I can go back to simply obsessing about my own chart! :)

-- C. J.

Frisiangal

quote="C Jayne"

Frisiangal said:
...I didn't pick up on the progr. Moon conjunct pr. Jupiter, thinking the latter was still in Virgo from its position around the chart. With Jupiter ruler of his 6th house, that area will also be energised by the progr. Moon

It sounds like you and i view this diffierently, in a couple of ways

I interpret 6th house as being :? "work"-work, :? like shoveling or exercising -- the activities that force a person to push their bodies to the limits, such as health issues. My husband and I have been hoping he would find a new way to define himself in the world -- as indicated by the "medium coeli" -- the Midheaven -- the MC. So for me, Jupiter's relationship to his progressed Moon didn't matter, because Sagittarius is irrelevant to his Aries Midheaven (10th house cusp).

I think we may well see things differently in this respect. The 6th house is very much about 'working upon one's self or creative talents', as you say, but it's also always associated with the 'service' side, being useful as per what one does 'to earn one's daily bread', i.e. employment. I think of the M.C. and rulerships as the career-maker, but the 6th house is where one works to have sufficient to live, but not live to work.
So seeing prog. Moon conjunct your husband's Jupiter, ruler 6th house, the thought comes to mind that his new job is just that; a means to earn a further living. He's not actually working towards making a further career for himself, is he?

But what his chart says will happen is, His progressed Moon -- which rules the sign for his natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant, North Node, and Saturn -- will first cross prog. Jupiter (optimism), and then his n. Midheaven (career) and then his n. Neptune (disillusionment)
--

It could just be indicative that he is going through an important personal and emotional change in which he is letting go (Neptune) of a particular way of life.

then his prog. Sun will square his prog. Uranus (he'll reinvent himself? -- or blow himself up!) -- and then his prog Moon will conjunct prog. Neptune (more disillusionment?) and then prog Moon conjuncts prog Chiron (I'm only just starting to read up on Chiron

All that stuff happens in a little more than 2 months' time

Leo and Aquarius rule his financial houses, so their rulers' aspects could well be indicative of the change in finances he will go through. I believe you mentioned that he is accepting less in this job, and that would fit the 'tight pocket' progr. Sun in Virgo. It isn't too difficult to imagine that he will experience feelings of 'sacrifice' (Neptune) in order for you to be re-united. Transiting Neptune's yod to his Moon-Jupiter will only strengthen that. He's giving up a lot. As long as he doesn't wear himself out to meet the demands of his new employer. 200% input for 70% salary!

Swinging from the optimism to the disillusionment to the optimism scared me. :|

I doubt you'll starve, so stop worrying :)

F.

C Jayne

Frisiangal said:
... the 6th house is where one works to have sufficient to live, but not live to work. So seeing prog. Moon conjunct your husband's Jupiter, ruler 6th house, the thought comes to mind that his new job is just that; a means to earn a further living.
Hi F--

In the interest of broadening my astrological knowledge, I'd like to hear more discussion about this. Apparently I'm older than a lot of people on the forum -- that causes some communication problems -- and sometimes I use words differently -- sometimes because we're from different countries. Please clarify this: the thought comes to mind that his new job is just that; a means to earn a further living.

Frisiangal said:
... He's not actually working towards making a further career for himself, is he?
Again, I'm sorry if I'm sounding really thick-headed, but I would appreciate it if you clarified "further career."

I appreciate your feedback. We're just now beginning to believe we are actually on a happy path, at last. -- C.

Frisiangal

C Jayne said:
Frisiangal said:
... the 6th house is where one works to have sufficient to live, but not live to work. So seeing prog. Moon conjunct your husband's Jupiter, ruler 6th house, the thought comes to mind that his new job is just that; a means to earn a further living.

In the interest of broadening my astrological knowledge, I'd like to hear more discussion about this. Apparently I'm older than a lot of people on the forum -- that causes some communication problems -- and sometimes I use words differently -- sometimes because we're from different countries. Please clarify this: the thought comes to mind that his new job is just that; a means to earn a further living.

Hello again, C.J.,
We're probably about the same age!
I know what you mean about using words. The written word is the most difficult to follow and mine can sometimes sound double-Dutch....in more ways than one. :wink: I'll try to explain.
My astrology teaching was that there is a story unfolding in the signs/houses. After the 5th house of creativity, the 6th house is how one puts that creativity to use to apply one's self FOR ONE'S SELF in order to 'provide one's daily bread', you could say, with Virgo's association with bringing in the harvest. The 6th is still a personal house (under the horizon). Astrologically speaking, a person is not aware of another until it reaches the 7th house.
The 6th house is still about how *I* can serve *Me*, although Virgo/6th are renowned as the 'crisis' stations because they are locked between 'I' and 'We'. So, anything that aspects the ruler of the 6th house is going to refer to 'the job' rather than ' my career'. Using your own example of the 6th referring to the taking care of the body, the same things applies. A person takes health vitamins etc. to keep him/herself fit, not to keep the career fit , doesn't (s)he ? People talk about 'career' when there is something in them that makes them want to attain a place in the 10th house world. But 'the job' is simply the means to provide sufficient to make life easier. It isn't the begin all, end all of one's physical existence (as per Capricorn/10th house). Do you see what I mean ?

Frisiangal said:
... He's not actually working towards making a further career for himself, is he?

Again, I'm sorry if I'm sounding really thick-headed, but I would appreciate it if you clarified "further career."

I appreciate your feedback. We're just now beginning to believe we are actually on a happy path, at last. -- C.

And your last sentance IS the difference between a career and a job, IMO. If your husband was set on furthering his career, he would be changing areas for the sake of promotion, ego satisfaction, or whatever. But he isn't. He is seeking 'work' in your area in order that you can be together again.

I have to go now, but if I still haven't made my self clear, I'll get back .

F.

Frisiangal

C Jayne said:
Frisiangal said:

Hello again, C.J.,
I know what you mean about using words. The written word is the most difficult to follow and mine can sometimes sound double-Dutch....in more ways than one. :wink: I'll try to explain.
My astrology teaching was that there is a story unfolding in the signs/houses. After the 5th house of creativity, the 6th house is how one puts that creativity to use to apply one's self FOR ONE'S SELF in order to 'provide one's daily bread', you could say, with Virgo's association with bringing in the harvest. The 6th is still a personal house (under the horizon). Astrologically speaking, a person is not aware of another until it reaches the 7th house.
The 6th house is still about how *I* can serve *Me*, although Virgo/6th are renowned as the 'crisis' stations because they are locked between 'I' and 'We'. So, anything that aspects the ruler of the 6th house is going to refer to 'the job' rather than ' my career'. Using your own example of the 6th referring to the taking care of the body, the same things applies. A person takes health vitamins etc. to keep him/herself fit, not to keep the career fit , doesn't (s)he ? People talk about 'career' when there is something in them that makes them want to attain a place in the 10th house world. But 'the job' is simply the means to provide sufficient to make life easier. It isn't the begin all, end all of one's physical existence (as per Capricorn/10th house). Do you see what I mean ?

Frisiangal said:

And your last sentance IS the difference between a career and a job, IMO. If your husband was set on furthering his career, he would be changing areas for the sake of promotion, ego satisfaction, or whatever. But he isn't. He is seeking 'work' in your area in order that you can be together again.

F.

Frisiangal

C Jayne said:
Frisiangal said:

Hello again, C.J.,

Frisiangal said:

F.

C Jayne

Frisiangal said:
He's not actually working towards making a further career for himself, is he?

Dear Fris--

That's where our problem is -- yes, his has spent a lifetime of public service, and wants to continue doing something that makes him feel his efforts are worthwhile! Previously he was involved in public safety. The new job involves the environment, which is very important to him. Yes, he is actually working towards making a further career for himself.

This job does that!

Thanks for your perspectives.

-- CJ

PS -- you can go back and hit the "edit" button (upper right corner of posting) to edit or delete any duplicate posting you make. I just discovered this. I've made duplicate postings too -- it happens when you hit the "submit" button and then don't wait long enough for the posting to get posted. Patience, patience... :wink:

Frisiangal

-- CJ

PS -- you can go back and hit the "edit" button (upper right corner of posting) to edit or delete any duplicate posting you make. I just discovered this. I've made duplicate postings too -- it happens when you hit the "submit" button and then don't wait long enough for the posting to get posted. Patience, patience... :wink:
[/quote]

WHAT edit button? :lol: I see it others' posts but not mine!

I think it may also be that ánother is sending at the same time, so there is a short wait in the queue. After clicking 'submit' in the original block, I get a copy of what I've written, with the same 'submit'. It's when clicking this that, sometimes, the double post appears. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Patience?? I wish I had less of it :wink: My Sag. husband complains that the traffic lights never turn and stay red for so long as when I'm in the car :)

F.

pwadm

Staff member
Hi Frisiangel

If you are logged in, look in the upper right corner of any post of yours. There is an 'edit' button - for editing your own posts, and a 'x' button for deleting a post.

It must be there. Everyone else has it, so do you :)

Frisiangal

Radu said:
Hi Frisiangel

If you are logged in, look in the upper right corner of any post of yours. There is an 'edit' button - for editing your own posts, and a 'x' button for deleting a post.

It must be there. Everyone else has it, so do you :)

Yes, Radu, C.J ; thanks. I have now seen it on the most recent post.
When does it disappear?

F.

Ihatelawschool

the astrological implications of all this went over my head...but I'm glad to hear about you and your husband! Congrats!! Im in a long distance relationship right now, so I can just imagine how happy you are feeling =)

-your fellow 4th house mars water sign person =)

C Jayne

Ihatelawschool said:
the astrological implications of all this went over my head...but I'm glad to hear about you and your husband! Congrats!! Im in a long distance relationship right now, so I can just imagine how happy you are feeling =)

-your fellow 4th house mars water sign person =)

Thanks Fellow 4th house mars water sign person!

We're pretty excited -- each of us has been an emotional mess ever since getting the good news!

- C J