Random Thoughts

JUPITERASC

Not seeing a distinction between "action" and "reaction".
A reaction IS an action, or
one can choose not to react, which is itself an action.
In time you shall notice the distinction :smile:

In time, you'll be able to explain it, as it relates to "karma".
Is there another Hindu word for "re-ACTION"?
karma is a word that simply means action
actions obviously have consequences :smile:
allow time for the smoke to disperse
and you'll comprehend the explanation
To be fair, I WAS smoking something good. :andy:
jointsmoking.jpg

You've explained "nothing" quite succinctly. :biggrin:
well done you understood nothing :smile:

david starling

Here's a clue: Notice that the word "action" is INCLUDED in the word "reaction". The prefix "re" does not negate the word "action", it qualifies it as an action in response to another action.

petosiris

Banned
If you don't know if a reaction is considered karmically equivalent to the original action which prompted it, just say so. Maybe Aquarius7000 can explain it.

Can you describe an example? I can't get right get what you mean by reaction. Do you mean reacting angrily to someone, or a bodily reaction for example to temperature. Reacting to someone by impulse, such as being angry to someone who is beating your friend is different from being angry to a random person, I think you can agree on that ''reaction'' and ''action'' being different. The parameters constraining what choices are available to you are set by past actions.

Last edited:

david starling

Can you describe an example? I can't get right get what you mean by reaction. Do you mean reacting angrily to someone, or a bodily reaction for example to temperature. Reacting to someone by impulse, such as being angry to someone who is beating your friend is different from being angry to a random person, I think you can agree on that ''reaction'' and ''action'' being different. The parameters constraining what choices are available to you are set by past actions.

It's a tricky distinction. Let's say someone insults you to your face, and insults your girlfriend you're with as well. That was an action, and let's say you did nothing to trigger it. Now, any action you take regarding the insults will be a reaction to the insults. But, it will also be your choice of available reactions, which means it will go on the karmic balance sheet. I really don't think it's necessary to distinguish between them. J.A. Appears to think there's an important difference, but hasn't given an explanation. If the two terms are literally synonymous regarding karma, there would be no need to make the distinction in the first place.

david starling

Mercury is somewhat devilish, but in a loving sort of way. That explains both the horns and the symbol for Venus during this Christian Era. It would actually work better for Lucifer ( "Light-bringer" ) as Venus the Morningstar!

Last edited:

david starling

My natal Jupiter is @ 27 degrees 30' tropical Scorpio, so it's my Jupiter-return with a Merc assist! My exact Jupiter return will be at 6:30 p.m. TODAY! What's the best way to celebrate a Jupiter return? It'll be at sundown on a Saturday night, right when I'm getting off work, with a day off on Sunday. A lightening storm would be cool, but there's nothing in the forecast. :sad:

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
It goes against the Greco-Roman version that Hermes/Mercury was the son of Zeus/Jupiter and one of the Pleiades (Maia). Not, as this would have it, the son of the Sun and Moon. Not especially convincing. Thanks though!

It was found through experience that Mercury is equally diurnal and nocturnal, being diurnal by day, and being nocturnal by night. It is also alternating between moist and dry, since it is close to Earth, yet not wandering too off from the Sun. Perhaps it seems too rational to be associated with the Moon, but its irrational part has to do with it controlling foreknowledge, magic, athletics, versatility as well as communication from the upper spheres to the lower spheres, it has common with the Moon in those areas, especially since they are both allotted the two lowest spheres, and through syncretism they become Hermes - Thoth.