Women: are you a "girl's girl" or do bond more easily with men?

MantisReligiosa

PS I also tend to watch out for women with Moon-Pluto aspects, particularly the hard aspects, who usually grow up competing with their mothers, and are probably the most prone towards "cattiness" from what I noticed.
They tend to engage in power struggles with other women and are probably most likely to enjoy things like stealing some other woman's partner or getting involved in all kinds of "intrigues" and manipulations.

Of course, it's not all black and white. These aspects can be offset by others, like a strong Jupiter or Mars influence, but, the potential is always there to switch over to "the dark side".

junejune

Interesting thread :smile:

Me, I have pluto in 11th house.. Opposing my venus in taurus in 5th house. Honestly, I don't know what to choose. I can choose both. I have guy friends. And they're just plain crazy. Haha. But sometimes, it makes me feel uncomfortable when guys tend to dominate or outnumber girls in a group where I belong.

Claire19

i understand, and hear you~
I am not sure my moon is in aqua in the eleventh house with vesta exactly on my moon i think that may be relevant to needing women friends as well
Aquarus and 11th house really pertains to group friends and those you share a common aim or situation with. It really is fraternity house, tour groups, unions and clubs. I dont use Vesta. Moon in the 11th is more the older woman or you are the mother image of the group. Human rights issues belong here and agitating against the status quo.

Claire19

Interesting thread :smile:

Me, I have pluto in 11th house.. Opposing my venus in taurus in 5th house. Honestly, I don't know what to choose. I can choose both. I have guy friends. And they're just plain crazy. Haha. But sometimes, it makes me feel uncomfortable when guys tend to dominate or outnumber girls in a group where I belong.
YOu are right in that there are control and dominance issues in a group situation for you with Pluto in the 11th. However our friends are the 3rd house especially peer group and those you see regularly. Venus in the 5th Taurus can pertain more to your children and having IVF for instance or adoption or fostering when connected to the 11th.. Just one scenario.

junejune

YOu are right in that there are control and dominance issues in a group situation for you with Pluto in the 11th. However our friends are the 3rd house especially peer group and those you see regularly. Venus in the 5th Taurus can pertain more to your children and having IVF for instance or adoption or fostering when connected to the 11th.. Just one scenario.

Really? Those are some possible scenarios brought by my venus-pluto opposition? :surprised: Anyway, in equal house system, I have no planets in 3rd house. My saturn is placed in 2nd house. But when I changed the house system into whole sign format, my saturn is in 3rd house. What house format should I use then? And what does it mean having saturn in 3rd house (in whole sign format)? Does it mean I prefer serious-looking friends? Or boring? :lol:

tokyo.lights

I have a hard time choosing one side here (I also like dogs as much as cats), but I'm curious what type of astrology we would be looking at. I feel very comfortable around guys, but I NEED my women friends, they are like air to me. I was thinking a strong moon in a chart makes one a lover of female company, or perhaps moon/venus...but my moon is no good, so I'm looking for more clues...
I don't mind, I'll be friends with anyone!:lol: I suppose I feel more comfortable with females. Moon Virgo in the 6th. Only planet in the 11th is Mercury Aquarius...so friends talk a lot? YES they do! hehe

jill

I recently posted a thread on the masculine/feminine planets and whether they affect who we attract or the type of gender we feel more comfortable with.

I have 4 personal planets in masculine signs and I believe (from my own experience) that the gender of the 'personal planets' DO play a part in who we feel more comfortable with.

I am more comfortable around men because I channel alot of masculine energy (usually more than they do). I love working on cars, construction and home repair - and power tools turn me on. I can effectively communicate to men on their own level, about 'men' stuff and I'm comfortable with this. To me is just comes natural.

Now, women on the other hand, not so good.
I fall into the same boat as what 'student4life' said in her above posting. (who, by the way, also has 4 personal planets in masculine signs).
It's like I'm 'one of the guys', able to talk to them just like another 'guy' would. And women don't like this. They feel threatened when another woman is able to talk so openly to their guy about 'guy' stuff. They don't understand that we're not after their man - we're just talking.

Maybe it's my feminine Pisces Asc that brings this reaction out in them.
Maybe if I had a different rising sign and looked more 'butch' they might not get so jealous. I don't know.
To me, it's not about the body - it's all about the brain.

Curious to know if anyone else has an imbalance of masculine gendered 'personal planets' and if this may have some bearing on who you feel more comfortable around.

My 'personal planets' are as follows:
Sun ........ sagittarius (masc/fire)
Moon ...... aquarius (masc/air)
Mercury ... sagittarius (masc/fire)
Venus ......aquarius (masc/air)
Mars ........cancer (fem/water)
Asc ..........pisces (fem/water)
MC ......... sagittarius (masc/fire)

Attachments

• Natal - WHOLE.jpg
    Natal - WHOLE.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Natal - PLACIDUS.jpg
    Natal - PLACIDUS.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 20

bubuza_dulce

Speaking about what you said, Jill, I have it as it follows:

Sun ........ Leo (masc/fire)
Moon ...... Pisces(fem/water)
Mercury ... Cancer (fem/water)
Venus ......Gemini (masc/air)
Mars ........Libra (masc/air)
Asc ..........Aries(masc/fire)
MC ......... Capricorn (fem/earth)

So four masculine and three feminine. I have never had male friends!
I barely spoke to them sometimes. I am not attracted to them at any level and sometimes I feel a strong rejection towards them. Where is that seen in the masculine/feminine signs?

The reason I reject them so much is that I assess people according to what I feel. And what I feel is their own feelings. As guys don't feel things as powerful as women or they conceal it better, when I am in a room filled with men I feel as if I were alone! And I don't like the feeling of "nothing" coming from them. It is as if they were robots.
So I feel "at home" among women because at least I can feel and understand their emotional storms. It makes them "human".

jill

Bubuza_dulce -

What I did was 'break-down' my personal planets and linked them up with the gender for the sign that they are in.
Sun, Moon, Mercury & Venus - Masculine energy
Mars - Feminine energy

My ego & life force
The way I deal with things emotionally
The way I communicate and think
& My sense of beauty, personal taste and what I find attractive are all in masculine signs.

My sexual energy is in a feminine sign, and it trines my feminine Asc and my femine Neptune.
So all this masculine energy is having to express itself through a feminine water sign, which it doesn't like to do.

I feel though, that this feminine trine of Mars to my feminine Asc is why, despite having so much masculine energy, that I'm not a lesbian.
(even though many think I am)

In your chart, you have 3 masculine and 2 feminine personal planets.
I have 4 masculine and only 1 feminine.

The differences in our charts are:
my sun - masculine.............your sun - masculine
my moon - masculine...........your moon - feminine
my mercury - masculine.......your mercury - feminine
my venus - masculine..........your venus - masculine
my mars - feminine..............your mars - masculine
my Asc - feminine...............your Asc - masculine

The reason you get along well with women is the feminine/water Moon & Mercury. The rest of your personal planets are in masculine signs.
I have alot of problems with men because of the masculine energy of my personal planets. Some men are intimidated, or feel threatened by my 'strong woman' mentality. This could explain why you have similar problems with them. I have found this especially true when dealing with
'alpha' male types that think women are on this earth only to serve them.

Your masculine Sun, Venus & Mars energy is having to express itself through a masculine Asc. I could see this causing problems relating to men. Why would someone want more of something they already have? You may want to find someone who has feminine energy planets that will balance out the masculine energy planets that you have.

Below are some descriptions of the masculine/feminine energies. Take your planet's basic meaning (sun-ego, moon-emotions, etc) and link it to the masculine or femine descriptions below. This will give you a better idea of your true essence, and help you figure out what YOU need in a relationship - not what society says you need. Hopefully then, you will understand my point better.

masculinity/femininity. It has little to do with being macho or girly. In fact, men with astrological femininity often compensate by acting macho (working out, claiming to be promiscuous or tough) and women with astrological masculinity often compensate by acting "girly" (wearing "girly" clothes and makeup, claiming to be emotional).
  • Astrologically masculine qualities: Independent, dates a lot, travels a lot, energetic, active, headstrong, talkative, confident, open-minded, rude, sexual, flirtatious, prefers to pursue a mate
  • Masculine/Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius): Physical and active, tends to be passionate, confident, talented, charismatic, in good shape, into sports. In a word, the "doers."
  • Masculine/Air (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius): Mental and active, intelligent, energetic, charming, good with words, articulate, optimistic. In a word, the "talkers."
  • Astrologically feminine qualities: Prefers long-term relationships, prefers to stay at home, needs more sleep, methodical, considerate, reliable, kind, stubborn, depends on others, polite, shy, prudish, prefers to be pursued
  • Feminine/Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn): Physical and passive, tends to be introverted, confident, reliable, consistent, interested in many things. In a word, the "thinkers."
  • Feminine/Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces): Mental, passive, and attractive, emotional or sensitive, fantasize, creative powerful thoughts and actions, passionate. In a word, the "feelers."
Here is the approximate ranking of signs from most masculine to most feminine: Aries, Sagittarius, Leo, Aquarius, Gemini, Libra, Capricorn, Virgo, Taurus, Scorpio, Pisces, Cancer.

The masculine signs make a person proactive, positive, and inclined to initiate things and “stay the course.”

Feminine signs, on the other hand – are the opposite. They make a person more passive, feeling-oriented, and inclined to respond
TO things that happen, as opposed to MAKING THEM HAPPEN
You can tell if a person is more masculine or feminine especially by how they respond in a crisis. If they tend to RETREAT and get stuck in their emotions, and do nothing to fix the situation at hand – they are feminine.
If, on the other hand, they leap to action and “take care of business,” fixing the problem without becoming overly emotional – they’re masculine. If they need to be comforted and attended to – they’re feminine. If they want to take care of and reassure others – they’re masculine.
Women who are more 'masculine' (4 or 5 masculine 'personal planets' out of 5) relate better to men than to women. In a sense she is beginning to go out of balance because she is more ’animus’ controlled i.e. unconsciously driven by ‘male’ influences and convictions. She often appears too pushy or aggressive, and can project her personality in such a loud or insistent way that she is not well received.

She unconsciously devalues her feminine Self, considers male archetypes to be superior and, at worst, resents or rejects the biological role in which she is cast.

In her head she places more value on intellectual development and professional standing than on emotional rapport and close personal relationships.

This woman has the potential for being the super intellectual type. She thinks about everything she does and communicates emotions on a mental rather than a feeling level. She seeks mental companionship but also wants to be constantly reassured that she is a woman.

Though physically attractive she does not believe it. Sub-consciously she is not sure of her femininity. Some of these women seek compensation by appearing too feminine or sexy, as well as tending to behave in a provocative manner. To get attention as a woman she may over-expose her body then get angry when someone notices!

She could be sexually maltreated if she sets herself up for it. This makes for a troubled existence because men do not know how to handle women with this kind of energy. They look so female and desirable that men have trouble comprehending that they need companionship and communication.

They project not from a feeling, or physical, or intuitive level, but from an intellectual level. The man sees a lovely lady but hears masculine conversation and ideas, and will not know what to do.

Some solve the problem by having large families to prove they are real woman, but this ‘idea’ energy must also find release in a career. As they develop a personal identity of self worth and self love, they will change their appearance, project the right messages, and solve their problems.
my natal:

Attachments

• Natal - WHOLE.jpg
    Natal - WHOLE.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Natal - PLACIDUS.jpg
    Natal - PLACIDUS.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

bubuza_dulce

Thank you for your in-depth reply, Jill, I understood the things that you say and I find them accurate but...
According to what you wrote - that someone with planets in masculine signs should get along better with men - it means I should get along at least fine with men if not even prefer them.

So this is my question - a woman with more planets in masculine signs should get along better with men or on the contrary should feel threatened by them because they compete for the same things? (and they also feel threatened instead of receiving her as "one of them")

I began to think that the aspects those planets make, the houses etc. are very important. I mean when they are "good aspected" and they get along fine, if they are masculine then the lady becomes "buddy" for the men; if not, then she is their competitor.

The same with feminine signs. If the planets are in good relationship (and in my case they are), then the woman gets along fine with other women. If not, then not, even if she is feminine herself.

jill

.....According to what you wrote - that someone with planets in masculine signs should get along better with men - it means I should get along at least fine with men if not even prefer them.

In MY situation, I find I can 'relate' or identify with men and the things they do, more than I can with women. Sort of like having the same interests, personal taste, etc. But this doesn't mean I get along perfectly with all males. As long as they respect me for who I am, everything's fine. But if they try to dominate or insult my intelligence, then...it's on baby.

I compare it to males in the wild. Anytime another 'male' tries to invade their space, they are going to butt heads. It's natural instinct.

Even though I am a female, males 'sense' the 'animus' energy from my masculine planets. If my 'masculine' energy is stronger than theirs, most men are going to have a problem with this.

An example I have is that my sister's boyfriend (who considers himself an 'alpha' male) has issues with me because I live with my sister
and I take better care of her than he does. He gets jealous when I do things for her around the house. He doesn't like that another 'male'
is doing these things for HIS woman and subconsciously I'm a threat to him and his 'dominant' role as provider. It's like he feels that he needs
to compete with me constantly for her affection. He is jealous of our relationship....but she's my sister. There is no reason for him to be jealous. It's not like we're ever go to run off and get married, but he is very insecure when he's around me.
He has 3 masculine & 2 feminine personal planets against my 4 masculine & 1 feminine and my sister has 4 feminine & only 1 masculine.

.....I began to think that the aspects those planets make, the houses etc. are very important.

The aspects are very important and they will determine the ability of two individuals to get along or not.
It's like some guys get along great with certain guys, but may have issues with other guys.

But what I'm explaining here is GENDER. Not physical gender but internal energy that our personal planets give off.

In my experience, the person, whether male or female, with the most 'masculine' or 'animus' energy has - and always will be the more dominate creature of the two. It's the natural pecking order that exists in every animal species in the world. If two persons are strong, and each have alot of animus, they are going to have ego conflicts until the one with less can acknowledge this and assume a subservient role.
At least this is how I've seen this energy manifest in my life in relation to others.

Last edited:

bubuza_dulce

My question still remains then, if you say it's only about gender.

Why don't I, with three masculine planets and a masculine Asc to two feminine planets, get along with men at all?

I'm just trying to understand.

jill

My question still remains then, if you say it's only about gender.

Why don't I, with three masculine planets and a masculine Asc to two feminine planets, get along with men at all?

I'm just trying to understand.
If I may ask....what is your sexual preference? Are you attracted to men?...women?....or both?
I know it's personal, but it's important to know because with all of the masculine energy....you may find that men are too much like yourself
for you to want to be with one, on a close intimate level....just a thought, after all, your sun, venus & mars & asc are masculine, so you emit some strong 'animus' or male energy, whether you realize it or not.

bubuza_dulce

If I may ask....what is your sexual preference? Are you attracted to men?...women?....or both?
I know it's personal, but it's important to know because with all of the masculine energy....you may find that men are too much like yourself
for you to want to be with one, on a close intimate level....just a thought, after all, your sun, venus & mars & asc are masculine, so you emit some strong 'animus' or male energy, whether you realize it or not.

Of course you may ask. I'm attracted to women only it seems.
I'm 31, I have had a relationship with a woman for almost 10 years.
When I was younger - 16, 18 - I thought I would be attracted to men. I was educated like this and I couldn't have imagined it otherwise. I looked good, "beautiful" even, and I rejected absolutely all the boys/men that wanted to be with me. I thought I was being picky (and they thought I had reasons to be) but as years passed I still couldn't stand men (sexually) and I realised I was in love with my best friend...

The reason I didn't know I would be attracted to women (and others wouldn't know also) is because I'm pretty feminine! Very emotional, ready to show my emotions, not ashamed to cry, not interested in manly things and so on.
So it's pretty mixed up. In my relationship with a woman I was actually... the woman!:w00t:

It's hard to understand my feminine/masculine traits. I try to respect and integrate both but it is an ongoing process. For example I practice kick boxing for some time but I keep my hair long because I know I would look like a boy otherwise and that would make me feel embarrassed...I also try not to put much muscle on in order not to look like a man.

Euthenic1

Interesting question, and one I've never really contemplated. I think I have an easier time communicating with men. I look "girly" and I enjoy a lot of "girly" things, but I tend tend to think and act in ways that society deems as masculine (e.g., valuing intellect over emotion in most situations).

MantisReligiosa

Speaking about what you said, Jill, I have it as it follows:

Sun ........ Leo (masc/fire)
Moon ...... Pisces(fem/water)
Mercury ... Cancer (fem/water)
Venus ......Gemini (masc/air)
Mars ........Libra (masc/air)
Asc ..........Aries(masc/fire)
MC ......... Capricorn (fem/earth)

So four masculine and three feminine. I have never had male friends!
I barely spoke to them sometimes. I am not attracted to them at any level and sometimes I feel a strong rejection towards them. Where is that seen in the masculine/feminine signs?

The reason I reject them so much is that I assess people according to what I feel. And what I feel is their own feelings. As guys don't feel things as powerful as women or they conceal it better, when I am in a room filled with men I feel as if I were alone! And I don't like the feeling of "nothing" coming from them. It is as if they were robots.
So I feel "at home" among women because at least I can feel and understand their emotional storms. It makes them "human".

Hi. I feel the same. With few exceptions, men seem like robots to me, as well. Well, I have no trouble understanding them, usually, but, most of the times, they seem boring to me.
Like I said, I have met a few exceptions, but, generally, men obey the social pressures imposed on them, and do all they can to hide their emotions, and, plus, are driven by different "ambitions"..which, again, I find boring.
I have Moon-Mars-Jupiter all conjunct, in Gemini, which is a considerable amount of "masculine" energy.
But Sun conjunct Venus in Pisces, conjunct DC in Pisces, and all the rest of my chart is feminine signs.
I can't say I get along too well with girlie-girls, either, because...again, too boring. LOL. Basically, I just like free-thinkers, who seek to pave their own paths, and live by their own rules.
It doesn't matter what type of hormones color their thinking, as long as they can control themselves.

I think Fire signs are the most masculine and I've noticed women with a lot of Fire tend to be most comfortable around men.
But even women with lots of Fire do not exactly act like men, they just act like wild/provocative women..lol.

Overall, I would say this whole issue boils down to women's relationships to their fathers, more than anything else.
I have known a couple of girls who had very strong relationships to their fathers-meaning their fathers were always there for them, from early infancy, and actually taught them the first steps into the professions these girls would later choose(in other words, their fathers were smart enough to earn their trust and make their daughters carry on their professional ambitions).
The types of women are always comfortable around men, and have no problems having guy friends, for the simple reason that their own fathers treated them like boys, most, if not all, of the time.

It's true that sometimes these life experiences are reflected in the natal chart of a woman. One girl of the 2 I was talking about is a Pisces with a Sag Moon, and a Mars-AC conjunction in Capricorn.The other one I have no idea, but I could bet on some Aries influences.

I remember reading a descrioption somewhere that said if you have Mars in positive aspect to the Asc, you will benefit from relationships with men.
One other girl who I know, who doesn't actually have guy friends, but has no problem hanging out with men, has Mars conjunct MC in Pisces.

Also, I think aspects between Sun(ego-identity) and Mars(pure masculine drive) make women get along well with men, because they strongly identify with the masculine sides of their personality.
I dare you to find a woman with a Sun-Mars aspect who doesn't like to occassionally act like one of the boys.:bandit:

Just do a google search of famous people with Sun-Mars aspects, and you're bound to find a few wannabe tomboys. I know Angelina Jolie has the sextile, and Catherine Zeta-Jones has the square. Those are just 2 examples I remember.

Blackempress

I didn't expect to learn as much as I did from this thread n really I'm now considering alot of things. Brilliant links/post on the masculinity-feminity.
I realized I've got 5 masculine planets too minus the sun/asc!
It's very true of being able to feel one of the boys because that's how Its always been. Even the guys treat me as equal. Agreed to masculine attitude & even more the extreme feminine dressup. I always hated being a woman feeling it as a weakness. And am very intellectual n business like in relationships. It all now makes sense. Sexual orientation is definitely bi-curious.
Great post!

bubuza_dulce

men , they seem boring to me.

I can't say I get along too well with girlie-girls, either, because...again, too boring. LOL.

Overall, I would say this whole issue boils down to women's relationships to their fathers, more than anything else.

I remember reading a descrioption somewhere that said if you have Mars in positive aspect to the Asc, you will benefit from relationships with men.

Also, I think aspects between Sun(ego-identity) and Mars(pure masculine drive) make women get along well with men

J I know Angelina Jolie has the sextile,

How very interesting! I find "men" in general boring due to their lack of feeling or display of feelings. But I was very confused about it because I believed they're supposed to be courageous, the leaders, who could make them hide their emotions??
That's why I am inclined many times to think that maybe I am wrong, maybe they do have very interesting feelings and are not as afraid as they seem and I'm just lacking the abilities to realise it (It seems more bearable this way, like there is still hope:happy:).

About the father, I have adored him and probably he would have been there for me (?), he showed me a great deal of love but he died when I was around three. So as I understand it he died leaving me with an unresolved Oedipus Complex, and a very strong one, because no man could compare to him!
He died helping some people to live also and in my little head he became a legend. A dead one! So no man can challenge him for a match now.

About Mars/Asc relationship, you could be right! Mines make an opposition!!

And the Sun/Mars relationship - I have the sextile, I wasn't a tomboy as a child but a frightened little girl but I seem to compensate now! Although I'm not sure it counts, considering I learn some masculine skills because I came to the conclusion I need them, being too feminine hurts oneself.

Thank you MantisReligiosa for your interesting comment, I am looking forward in case you have other ones!

vannasan

Funny, I was going to answer based on the masculine/ feminine signs in my chart - I like where Jill went with that.

I have most of my planets in feminine signs, even my N.node:
Sun/ Mercury/ Venus - Capricorn H1
Mars - Scorpio H11
But I have my moon in Aquarius (masculine) and conjunct Jupiter.

I feel I can more easily talk with guys than girls even though I have so many feminine planets. I don't feel I can understand women's feelings and emotions very well. As someone mentioned before, girls are too fragile and jealous. Jealousy is not an emotion I feel often, so when I see it coming from someone else, I don't know how to deal with it. I just walk away. Also for the age group I hang around with, I find talking about fashion, reality shows, not my thing. Also, why would I want to talk about guys instead of just talking to guys!? General detached conversaton make me more comfortable, just chilling watching sports, playing pool, having a drink, those are things I like.

I'm not sure if it's my Scorpio Mars in H11, but I find that I compartmentalize my friends too. I only say this because I know a few Scorpio sun girls that compartmentalize their friends as well and we had a good laugh about it. I like family friends to be family friends, school firends are school friends, etc and there's no need for them to interact.

So it is easier for me emotionally to first hang out with guys, but I do have girl friends. Interestingly, they tend to be masculine signs. I had a lot of Libra and Gemini girl friends growing up. I do get along great with Pisces too, but I tend to stay friends with the ones who have masculine moon signs. Aquarius are great gal pals too for me, aloof, fun, knowledgeable, but just the right amount of caring if you ask for it without getting too mushy.
Oddly enough, the guys I like hanging out with have feminine sun signs, go figure.