Women: are you a "girl's girl" or do bond more easily with men?

I have a hard time choosing one side here (I also like dogs as much as cats), but I'm curious what type of astrology we would be looking at. I feel very comfortable around guys, but I NEED my women friends, they are like air to me. I was thinking a strong moon in a chart makes one a lover of female company, or perhaps moon/venus...but my moon is no good, so I'm looking for more clues...

piscesnurse

i understand, and hear you~
I am not sure my moon is in aqua in the eleventh house with vesta exactly on my moon i think that may be relevant to needing women friends as well

CapAquaPis

Hey, piscesnurse: 27 Aquarius here, 3 days until the sun enters Pisces and places me to have close friends with those of the 12th sign or 9th house.

The sun and moon conjunction in Aquarius should make me compatible with both sexes (or genders, whether the right term), but as a male: I find my past female friendships shouldn't be too bad but are difficult to keep, and male friends with me are more distant or not that interested in me.

My Mercury in Pisces and Venus in Aries serves a warning to me about the difficulty of social skills, in part of my high-functioning autism and could be more dependent on a female spouse than I should, but such a conjunction of the 8th-9th-10th houe means my need of companionship is rather high.

The triple conjunction in my Virgo the 3rd house (Mars-Jupiter-Saturn) is an indicator of the importance women play in my life, and the influences of Chiron in Taurus (my Mom's sign) in my 11th...but opposite is Uranus my ruling planet in Scorpio-5th, but it's ruling planet was in Libra- 4th house.

I like for one to analyze if my masculinity carries a partial or cosmic dual nature of possessing a good relationship, yet not as open, with women.

Interesting, thanks for the replies!

With my mars/jup conjunction straddling my 11th house, seems like i'd really prefer men, but that conjunction is in cancer, and as it turns out I end up with a lot of active, optimistic, well educated female friends.

I think with your Virgo and Aqua influences ALL of your relationships would tend to be somewhat reserved and loosely bound...perhaps quite cerebral connections, CAP?

student4life

This is a very interesting question. I would say that from the time I was young all I wanted was girl friends, yet they were not interested in being friends with me. I was rather homely and did not have nice clothes and such. I was definitely a "Tom Boy" and only really had male friends. As I got older and started maturing into a "Woman" a strange turn of events happened. I became what I can only compare to the movie "love potion #9", a man-magnet/woman-repelant. The guys liked me, and the woman wanted to claw my eyes out and bury me in the ground where they could then do the Mexican hat dance over my grave and burn little voodoo dolls of me in effigy. (I hope that gave a clear enough picture for you) Anyway, due to this I am always leery of woman and their motives. I enjoy them but keep them at an arms length to avoid any undue and unwanted pain.

I have a :moon::sagittarius: in the 11th house but :conjunct::uranus::sagittarius:also :conjunct: the cusp of my 12th house.

The :moon::opposition::venus::gemini:in the 6th house.

So it is an interesting combination to say the least :wink:

Attachments

• Natal .gif
    Natal .gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 52
This is a very interesting question. I would say that from the time I was young all I wanted was girl friends, yet they were not interested in being friends with me. I was rather homely and did not have nice clothes and such. I was definitely a "Tom Boy" and only really had male friends. As I got older and started maturing into a "Woman" a strange turn of events happened. I became what I can only compare to the movie "love potion #9", a man-magnet/woman-repelant. The guys liked me, and the woman wanted to claw my eyes out and bury me in the ground where they could then do the Mexican hat dance over my grave and burn little voodoo dolls of me in effigy. (I hope that gave a clear enough picture for you) Anyway, due to this I am always leery of woman and their motives. I enjoy them but keep them at an arms length to avoid any undue and unwanted pain.

I have a :moon::sagittarius: in the 11th house but :conjunct::uranus::sagittarius:also :conjunct: the cusp of my 12th house.

The :moon::opposition::venus::gemini:in the 6th house.

So it is an interesting combination to say the least :wink:

Maybe it's the moon opp venus that finds you subjected to them ladies' insecurities... could also indicate mistrust in dealing with other women.

Claire19

I have a hard time choosing one side here (I also like dogs as much as cats), but I'm curious what type of astrology we would be looking at. I feel very comfortable around guys, but I NEED my women friends, they are like air to me. I was thinking a strong moon in a chart makes one a lover of female company, or perhaps moon/venus...but my moon is no good, so I'm looking for more clues...
If you post your chart we can have a look...

Claire19

Wow, moon in aqua AND 11th??! What are the aspects?
The 11th deals with group activities and those involved in a common cause such as those in a tour group, university friends, unions, clubs of all kinds, Involved in humanitarian causes, science research, astrology forums etc...

. The third is our friendship house especially peer group and those we see on a regular basis.....

Claire19

Maybe it's the moon opp venus that finds you subjected to them ladies' insecurities... could also indicate mistrust in dealing with other women.
Moon opposing Venus is definitely one for conflicts with other women especially if you are seen as attractive and sexy.. but surely you have other hot friends you can be with?? You have gone from being a homely tomboy that you say no one wanted to hang out with and now have blossomed into an attractive woman and still have the same problem. It is coming from you rather... But without the whole chart, cant say.

fullmoonlibra

O no, not true for me at all.
I have a strong moon, but I am easilier surrounded by men then by women.
Plus I like their company more.
I feel more at ease with them.
When in company with women, it's like walking on glass.
You have to watch out what you say so they don't get insulted, because they get easily hurted!
You look beautiful today! 'So I was not beautiful before?'
They are competitive, jealous, complex and false.

I think that is because I think masculine.
Mercury and the cusp of the third house are in positive signs.
So maybe you should look at that too.

Caro

As an aqua sun, I like detached unemotional conversations. I was nevery girly. So I do find it easier to hang out with guys. I was a good footballer when I was a kid.

However since I started to study the ancient arts including astrology - I have met and made many great female friends. so I guess it is finding the niche and then revealing your inner goddess! in fact in my astrology class of 7 aquarians one described me as very feminine - I nearly fell off my chair. but I do have a lot of 'female energy in my chart'.

Id say I prefer dogs to cats. but I do really like cats too!

MaeMae

Banned
Aquarius Sun in 7th, Moon Gemini in 11th ~
my best and closest friends are women, always have been. I do have several longstanding male friends, but enevitably, they want to have sex.
I was involved a couple years back, with a "best friend"-type male. One of the rare times in my life when I understood and felt the split of best friend/lover. His sun/moon conjunction aquarius conj. my sun, trine my moon and his sun/moon on my desc. in my 7th.
Alas, he was married and it couldn't continue.

Honestly, I'm always a bit wary of other women who prefer male company over females in social settings - it's hard for me to believe that men are more interesting or engaging than a bomb~@ss woman. My hypothesis is that a woman who prefers male company over females has some issues of attention and jealousy towards other woman. Perhaps an insecurity that makes her feel threatened by other women, socially or sexually competitive in weird way.
Just my experience.

sequestra

Honestly, I'm always a bit wary of other women who prefer male company over females in social settings - it's hard for me to believe that men are more interesting or engaging than a bomb~@ss woman. My hypothesis is that a woman who prefers male company over females has some issues of attention and jealousy towards other woman. Perhaps an insecurity that makes her feel threatened by other women, socially or sexually competitive in weird way.
Just my experience.

I agree. I LOVE women. I tend not to differentiate between the sexes much (maybe a venus conjunct mars thing) as I see people as individuals first and foremost; that is, I look for personality aspects that I gel with which can of course belong to either gender. But I totally agree that the women I've encountered who dislike other women usually have some jealousy issues going on, and as such I tend to be wary of them. However, I have had several close female friends like this, and they seemed to believe I was some kind of exception because they felt comfortable with me for whatever reason. Nonetheless they were always my most competitive friends, and that's not something I seek to cultivate in a friendship.

student4life

Twelthnight,

Yes, I think the opposition there is part of the influence. But through time I have learned how to better deal with it. I don't take it as a personal affront, I just expect that it is a possibility and I always try to put my best foot forward so to speak.

student4life

Claire19,

It is not whether the woman is "attractive" or not, I really think it depends on if she is secure with herself. I find that the more educated and self-reliant a woman is the better relationship I have with them. I do have a couple very close female friends and they tend to be highly educated and from other countries (I think thats part of the SAG. influence).
My problems with females comes even from within my own family. Like I said in the earlier post I always wanted female friends, it just wasn't happening. As I have gotten older I have learned to very quickly identify women I can be friends with. I do have some really quality females in my life but we do not have to socialize on a constant basis to know that we are friends. In regards to men I do not have many male friends, unless they are longstanding friends.

Blackempress

This is an interesting question. If I had a choice I'd go with both. :devil: but in all honesty my relationships with women have been wonderful all life long from younger to those double my age. I get along with all kinds. I've had alot of competitiveness with men but nevertheless couldn't survive without their affection or romance either. But comparatively women have played more important roles from mom to girlfriends & teachers. They've all shaped me up & calmed me down. I got the emotional support majorly from the females. I have a venus in 3rd plus moon in 7th in libra with a venus trine which makes me a lover of beauty & women.
but I personally feel, that we need both components of masculinity & feminitiy in our lives to understand those parts of ourselves. Just because we love women doesn't necessarily make us lesbians. Beauty should be admired in all forms & women are just a part of it! cheers
:rightful:

labelledujour

Very interesting topic. I have Moon square Venus and conjunct Pluto, so even though I've always sought out fellow females for friends, most of these friendships did not go well. Now that I have matured a bit, maybe it was due to the competitive edge of my school and University years. Men have been really nurturing to me, especially in the last 2 or 3 years, while in my childhood men did cause much of the turmoil that finally bottled and erupted in my depression around a year ago. My Leo Venus in the 7th appreciates kind women and men alike.

bubuza_dulce

Women only. Men have treated me very well but I never had close male friends. Moon square Venus but the Sun is not aspected except for a sextile with Mars. Mars and Pluto opposing Ascendant. The Moon makes a lot of aspects.

MantisReligiosa

I remember reading somewhere - pretty sure it was a Liz Green book - that in a woman's chart, Moon-Venus hard aspects might show that the mother was vain and self-preoccupied, making the little girl always insecure about her appearance and sexuality, her ability to be "attractive".
My mother has the Moon-Venus square, natally, and that reallly fits her. Her mother was a vain, narcissictic socialite type( a Sag with Venus conjunct Ascendant in Capricorn) who never told my mother she was pretty, resulting in my mother's life-long feelings of inadequacy and believing she was totally unattractive, despite being well above-average beautiful.
She also seems to believe that women are worse than men and not to be trusted.

I, on the other hand, being born under a Moon-Jupiter tight conjunction in Gemini, have grown up feeling spoiled by women, and have hardly ever had difficulties in charming them.
I usually know how to play their inner mothering instincts by acting very cute and innocent. Mature and elderly women, especially, cannot resist me :joyful:.

So I always wanted to have girlfriends. It hasn't been that easy, though. Sadly, I find that most women are so brain-washed by social demands that they end up judging other women by male criteria.
For instance, I was downright outraged when a few girl classmates in high school started criticizing me for not having a boyfriend.
Up until that point, I thought it was understood that women should stick together.
I also have Mars conjunct that Moon-Jupiter conjunction..have I mentioned that?
So, yeah, I see women as kind of she-wolves, ideally. Independent, but with a backbone and strong sense of duty/responsibility towards "the pack". Which is pretty much how I've seen my mother.

Funny enough, you'd think a Mars-Jupiter conjunction would make me get along well with men, but..I don't.
I have hated men my whole life, although that can come from having Saturn in the 4th house, and having a bad father figure.
Basically, I don't trust them at all and have no interest in developing relationships with men.