Moon's aspects after it leaves its sign

iwonder

I have made a horary where Mars in Libra applies to Jupiter in Gemini (4 degree orb). They are the major significators in the question. Moon is now in Aquarius, but in later degree than these two, so it will not interfere with the aspect. It is not VOC, though because it will make an aspect while in Aquarius. No other planet is close to interfere with Mars/Jupiter trine either.

However, Moon moves fast and it will aspect Mars before Mars perfects the trine, but Moon will already be in Aries (two signs over!). Does that count? If Moon is VOC, we do not consider the aspects it will make from the next sign, much less the following. Applying the same logic, Moon's aspects from another sign should not have effect on the current chart. Moon will always move fast and will interfere with pretty much any aspect as it moves through signs unless the planets are within seconds from perfecting it.

Am I correct?

Anachiel

There are three versions of a VOC.

The most accepted is that the Moon must make all her aspects before she leaves the sign she is in.

The second is, the Moon can be VOC, even if she has not completed all her aspects in the sign she is in if she is out of orb with any planet

The third is the Moon can cross that sign border if the planet she is about to aspect is at the 0/30 degree mark or so.

However, the Moon is considered to function, somewhat, if she is VOC in Taurus, Cancer, Sagittarius or Pisces.

iwonder

Anachiel, thank you, I didn't know about several approaches to VOC.

However, my question was not about VOC. The Moon is not VOC in that chart.

My question was should further movement of the Moon through the signs be considered? I see this applying trine between significators. None of the two is going retro before perfection, no other planet aspects either significator before perfection.

However, when Moon is in Aries (now it is in Aquarius), it will oppose Mars, before it closes on trine with Jupiter. Is this interference, or we should not look at Moon's aspects beyond the sign it is currently in?

Anachiel

Ah, I see. Yes, it could be considered an interference, especially since the Moon is in opposition to a main significator wanting after another main significator.

But, the horary basically "ends" or wears out the scope of the question when she changes signs. Generally, that is the end of the "story" for that question.

Unless it is a decumbriture chart or some such 6th house matter, one wouldn't follow the Moon about the [horary] chart.

iwonder

Yes, that's what I would think. Otherwise the whole point of horary is lost and too many developments would come into picture.

The question was about a far away trip (will or will not go) where Jupiter is the person, and Mars is the 9th ruler. Asc was also in later degrees, which makes me think things are already predetermined.

iwonder

That's what I was wondering about. Is that an interference if it happens after Moon moves to another sign or a few signs over?

Paul_

Account Closed
I have made a horary where Mars in Libra applies to Jupiter in Gemini (4 degree orb). They are the major significators in the question. Moon is now in Aquarius, but in later degree than these two, so it will not interfere with the aspect. It is not VOC, though because it will make an aspect while in Aquarius. No other planet is close to interfere with Mars/Jupiter trine either.

However, Moon moves fast and it will aspect Mars before Mars perfects the trine, but Moon will already be in Aries (two signs over!). Does that count? If Moon is VOC, we do not consider the aspects it will make from the next sign, much less the following. Applying the same logic, Moon's aspects from another sign should not have effect on the current chart. Moon will always move fast and will interfere with pretty much any aspect as it moves through signs unless the planets are within seconds from perfecting it.

Am I correct?

Might be easier to post the chart.
I'm trying to follow, can you at least give us the degree places of these planets?

If I understand you right, Mars is applying to Jupiter by 4 degrees. Moon is in a later degree than either. Moon will eventually aspect Mars, but will have to traverse two signs to perfect this aspect. Is this relevant?

My answer, if I understand you right, is that no, it will not be. The main thing to look at is whatever aspects the Moon may make or apply to whilst in its own sign right now.

As for the definitions of void of course, the most common way to approach this was to see if the moon is applying to any planet before it leaves its sign - not whether it perfects, just whether it applies. This is seen in Lilly and the older authors.

iwonder

If I understand you right, Mars is applying to Jupiter by 4 degrees. Moon is in a later degree than either. Moon will eventually aspect Mars, but will have to traverse two signs to perfect this aspect. Is this relevant?

My answer, if I understand you right, is that no, it will not be. The main thing to look at is whatever aspects the Moon may make or apply to whilst in its own sign right now.

Paul, yes, you understood it exactly right. Thank you for your answer. This is what I thought too, but I guess began to overanalyze things.

When I know the outcome, I'll post an update. Not sure how soon I'll know, though. Can be a while.

dr. farr

In the Ankara (Ottoman astrology) horary method I follow (which is not standard horary), Moon in this case would be considered entirely as co-significator of the querent, and therefore interference with an applying aspect of the querent with the quesited, would NOT be "counted" as an interference (as a - testimony as we term it) at all.