Is this a new relationship?

iwonder

I recently met someone who appears to be quite interested. I am not so sure about myself. I don't think I am quite over my ex. In fact, I have reasons to hope he might be back. But waiting for him would be silly, depressing, pathetic (you name it!). I am not waiting for him. I keep my eyes open, and maybe something (or shall I say someone) better is coming my way. Is this a new relationship?

I am Jupiter. He is Mercury. There is an applying sextile between them, and I don't see any interference before it perfects. Seems like a smooth yes.

Mercury is in my sign which means he likes me to his own detriment. He is moving to close on the sextile, which shows he is more interested than I am. He is also in 12th house - I don't "see" him. Pretty much describes the situation.

Moon, which also rules my 5th, is trining Venus in my 1st. How should I treat Venus? Does it represent me (it is in the 1st), 3rd house, or 8th house? I guess the trine is an indication of a positive outcome if Venus signifies me. A romantic fling? If Venus is the ruler of the 8th house - then I am not so sure.

What confuses me much is retro Mars on the Dcs. If 7th is the house of relationships, then retro Mars there does not promise anything good in that area. It also rules his 3rd and his 8th.

Also, the Moon's last aspect is square to that mean retro Mars. Someone will change his mind? Something will turn around?

But the main significators in the meantime are nicely applying to each other and Moon trines Venus.

Seems like something of a short nature is possible (Mars-Jupiter sextile and Moon-Venus trine), but break up due to some changes is imminent because retro Mars is in the 7th.

What do you all think?
(the chart is in Placidus, but Regiomontanus has the same house cusps, I checked).

Attachments

• D-NR.jpg
    D-NR.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 72

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Note: this delineation only addresses the question "is this a new relationship?"...no attempt is made to predict the nature or direction of this potential relationship, which in my approach to horary, would require a seperate, specific question to that effect:

-querent = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-quesited = 7th house = Virgo = Mercury
-quesited Mercury is posited in querent's house = + testimony (but is in its detriment which = - testimony) so net = neutral testimony
-quesited Mercury flows toward querent Jupiter = + testimony
-quesited Mercury applies to sextile to querent Jupiter = + testimony
-querent co-significator Moon is posited in angular 10th (whole sign) house, is about to conjunct the Lucky Strike NN, flows toward conjunction with the Part of Fortune, and flows toward quesited Mercury = highly + testimonies

Results:
Positive = +3 testimonies
Negative = 0 testimonies
Net = + 3 testimonies

...with a net +3 testimonies, indications are that yes this is a new relationship IF QUERENT WISHES IT TO BE SO (querent's co-significator Moon is elevated above quesited Mercury, and is strong by angularity, plus quesited Mercury is posited in querent's house, and is disposited by querent's significator Jupiter-therefore querent has the power in this situation to allow it to develop, or not, as per the querent's will)

virgo18

He's Mercury in fall under your rulership... He is just very infatuated with you. In the 12th house makes me think either that he is hiding something to you or as you say... you have him in stand by at this moment

Venus in Aries in the 1st, and you are under Venus rulership. Makes me thing that there's other person in your mind. Not necessarily romantically but there is it, and as Venus is in detriment makes me think about someone that is not good for you but you still thinking of him, or he is affecting you at someway. Perhaps your ex.

I will say a relationship with this new guy its up to you. But I don't recommend it because this one is also not good for you. He is in its fall by your power. So maybe he is not very happy being attracted to you. You are in he's 8th so I will say he's interest is purely sexual.

Wait for more answers.

Last edited:

iwonder

Thank you Dr. Farr and Virgo. Yes, at this moment it is up to me. I don't have him in stand by position, I am honestly very busy now. He is waiting. And I am thinking in the meantime. I don't know if he is right for me (and I can't know - he is in my 12th now), I don't know if I am ready for a relationship again.

What about Mars rx in the 7th? I guess that's what concerns me most in this chart. What can it mean?

I was wrong, the last aspect Moon makes is sextile with rx Saturn. Change of direction again. Could be positive, but Saturn is in my 8th - endings, obsessions and fears.

dr. farr

In Vedic prasna (their form of horary) Mars posited in the 7th house means: "the person concerned will suffer humiliation at the hands of a woman" ("Brihata Jataka", early 6th century AD)
Could this refer to the quesited, since Mars is in his signifcator sign??

iwonder

Oh, no! I don't want to make anyone suffer. I actually want to remain friends. We hang out in the same company of people, so that's another reason why I am cautious.

But then, Mars rules his 8th and is positioned in his 1st. Not good. (Same with my 8th ruler Venus).

Seems like this is something that can easily come together but will not lead to anything. I don't want to preprogram myself though. I'll post an update sometime next week :)

rafaella

Mars Rx in his 1st could show his own impatience and frustration, he is most likely not happy that things are not moving forward and he can't show his frustration to you, so he keeps this inside, hidden from you - hence both his rulers Mercury and Sun in your 12th, both being in detriment.

Even though it seems he really likes you, his significators being in bad shape and in 12th is worrying. 12th is house of secret enemies, so he could be someone who if slighted may turn against you.

I do believe a fling is possible here with your rulers aspecting, but I believe you will choose to end it - Moon square Mars. He may charm you with his words, that Moon from his 3rd house trining Venus in your 1st looks good, but Venus is in detriment in Aries. Venus here is selfish, wants what she wants...So it could be just a fling were you both are engaged physically but not emotionally...I think you may decide to enter something with him, while you are waiting for the ex...your intentons may not be longterm. I would be careful with this man if I were you, something is just not right with his signficators. Mercury is too close to Neptune and Sun is moving closer to it as well...in the 12th and in detriment, he is not a nice player...

And yes, the last aspect from Moon to Rx Saturn doesn't look positive for longterm.

let us know how things go!

Last edited:

iwonder

Here is an update.

Nothing came out of it. He was persistent, sending me several (boring) texts a day and telling me how much he wanted to see me soon. I could not make it. But I was nice and friendly! Maybe if I tried harder, I would find a way to meet, but I thought if he was really into me, waiting until after the weekend should not change his intentions.

Well, it did. Several days later he posted on his FB that that he met someone that day. I never got another text from him. Even though I was not thrilled with the news, I was glad the situation resolved by itself. I didn't want to say no to him (what if he is a good guy!), but my gut feeling already knew and was telling me he was not right for me. I feel relieved.

So, despite the sextile between significators, it was a NO horary.
1. He is in my 12th - I misinterpreted him. Plus, he never openly told me the news. I think it is 12th-house-like. Chicken!
2. Rx Mars in the 7th means change of mind on his part.
3. Moon's consecutive aspects to two retro planets also indicate change.

If I trusted my gut feelings more, I would not bother stars with my questions! :)

virgo18

Here is an update.

Nothing came out of it. He was persistent, sending me several (boring) texts a day and telling me how much he wanted to see me soon. I could not make it. But I was nice and friendly! Maybe if I tried harder, I would find a way to meet, but I thought if he was really into me, waiting until after the weekend should not change his intentions.

Well, it did. Several days later he posted on his FB that that he met someone that day. I never got another text from him. Even though I was not thrilled with the news, I was glad the situation resolved by itself. I didn't want to say no to him (what if he is a good guy!), but my gut feeling already knew and was telling me he was not right for me. I feel relieved.

So, despite the sextile between significators, it was a NO horary.
1. He is in my 12th - I misinterpreted him. Plus, he never openly told me the news. I think it is 12th-house-like. Chicken!
2. Rx Mars in the 7th means change of mind on his part.
3. Moon's consecutive aspects to two retro planets also indicate change.

If I trusted my gut feelings more, I would not bother stars with my questions! :)

Im glad you realized that, and the situation was resolved. However, despite the receptions, or being under that rulership of another one doesn't change things if there are not applying aspects between them. There must be at least a significative aspect: specially trines and conjunctions between querent and quesited. Sextiles don't make a lot of action.

And stars are there to help you whenever you want to.

Good luck!

rafaella

Interesting, that 3rd house Moon trine to Venus in 1st house was his texts, that was shown clearly from the chart, but I expected that to be more charming and dangerous...haha. You took it as boring.lol

Yeah this chart was quite negative, but the sextile being there from Mercury to Jupiter showed as potential, but as you said, Moon aspecting 2 Rx planets does point to change of mind....

I believed it was a short romance at least, but I guess its better for you to let him go, he seems not the right person for you...

thanks for the update!

dr. farr

Using the Magic 8 Ball divination, his "house of romance" (5th from 7th) is under Capricorn which = Saturn which = a "no romance" indication as far as he is concerned; 5th house from querent is under Cancer, which = Moon which = a "maybe" answer for querent.
Looking at the significators of the "romance houses" (his, 5th from 7th and querent's, 5th from 1st), we find the Moon (querent's 5th house significator) flowing away from Saturn (quesited's 5th house significator) and Saturn retrograding away from the Moon-a "double negative" indication regarding romance!

iwonder

There is another little bit on an update to this story: She broke up with him a week later over something very silly. Of course, everything is out on his FB! And I am getting a text from him the following day.

Dr. Farr, I think Vedic prasna is right! He did suffer in the hands of a woman. Once again, I am amazed at how astrology works!

I find this whole story amusing. We are talking about mature adults, not teenagers or college kids.