6 Retrograde Natal Planets

ablindplacebo

Venus, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, Jupiter, Pluto

as well as: Ceres, Vesta, Lilith, Chiron, Pallas

can anyone give me some information, especially since I have a lot of this retrograde in my natal chart. More info on being a retrograde individual?

sibylline

The planet is felt more inwardly than expressed outwardly; in some ways the physical manifestations may be delayed. The planet can develop a unique expression, since it is less focused or reliant on external matters.

Kali

People will tell you they weaken the planet--they don't. They just change the expression. And if anything, it can become even more pronounced or "thematic" in your life. For instance, a Mercury retrograde, for instance is not someone with weaker mental faculties, often, they are very analytical and have great mental stamina.

With so many, you're a "retrograde" individual. (I am, too.). The idea is that the direct personalities (statistically, most people have 2 retrogrades) make up society. They represent the mainstream, the bulk of the trends. Retrograde personalities don't fit. We're here to question, to examine and to take a different perspective, to shift society. We bring confrontation.

You need to see at what station the planet was, for instance, a stationary direct does manifest differently than the stationary retrograde or solar opposition.

Also, have any of your planets gone direct yet? That's something to look at.

The best book I've found on retrogrades is Retrograde Planets by Erin Sullivan--it's excellent. And in the book Your Hidden Powers by Joanne Wickenburg, there's a very good section on retrogrades. She even has a table in the back that lists all the dates of the retrograde stations for Mercury through Saturn from 1920-2000.

david starling

I have Natal Mercury Retrograde, which might explain why I question the Lore when I see no logical or patterned reason for it. Sort of heretical! :lol:
So here's a heretical question that contradicts what I just said: If a Natal-chart is a "snapshot" of the Astrological configuration, why is there movement, Retro or Dir, involved at all? A still picture doesn't show movement. I'll take my answer off the air.:wink:
This one needs a new "Heretical" section! Might offend both Trads AND Mods!:biggrin:
No offense meant, incidentally.

Last edited:

david starling

I have Natal Mercury Retrograde, which might explain why I question the Lore when I see no logical or patterned reason for it. Sort of heretical! :lol:
So here's a heretical question that contradicts what I just said: If a Natal-chart is a "snapshot" of the Astrological configuration, why is there movement, Retro or Dir, involved at all? A still picture doesn't show movement. I'll take my answer off the air.:wink:
This one needs a new "Heretical" section! Might offend both Trads AND Mods!:biggrin:
No offense meant, incidentally.

Since Direct and Retrograde do seem to be a factor in Natal-charts, that means the snap-shot theory may be suspect. How about a few seconds of time for it all to sink in--that would "record" direction of movement, with neglible effect on Asc. position. So, not that heretical after all!:cool:

DrummerGirl

Venus, Mercury, Uranus, Neptune, Jupiter, Pluto

as well as: Ceres, Vesta, Lilith, Chiron, Pallas

can anyone give me some information, especially since I have a lot of this retrograde in my natal chart. More info on being a retrograde individual?
Well! That's impressive. Retrograde planets are past life lessons that were abused or not properly mastered. You have a lot of work ahead of you ;-)

david starling

Well! That's impressive. Retrograde planets are past life lessons that were abused or not properly mastered. You have a lot of work ahead of you ;-)

Or, conversely, lessons that WERE learned, and make it possible to avoid direct action when it would be counterproductive. Other abilities that might be associated with Retro: reverse engineering; reviewing and improving; untangling knotty dilemmas; retracing one's steps to find a better, alternate route; and, the ability to learn the lessons of hindsight instead of making the same mistake more than once. Direct Transits would be the best time for direct action, especially for someone with Retro in the Natal-chart.